PDA

View Full Version : SDSU @ Montana

Pages : [1] 2 3

GrizFamily
November 23rd, 2009, 11:21 PM
Looked for this thread and did not see it.

That said, I'm excited to watch this game in person with my son and my brother and his son. Go Griz!

I think this is going to be a tough game as SDSU has been very well regarded this year. Only head to head I could find was Cal Poly. We beat Cal Poly early in the season and the Jack lost, but I heard they did not have their starting QB. Did I hear that correctly?

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2009, 11:41 PM
There has been a lot of comparisons of SDSU to MSU. Strong D, specifically against the run, and a pretty decent running game. So hopefully Mariani can give us field position all day, while our passing game spreads the field and gives them fits. I'd say we win this game 75% of the time at home, probably pretty close to 50/50 at a neutral location.

ForShizzleGrizzle
November 23rd, 2009, 11:49 PM
45-24 Montana. 14-21 Griz down at halftime.

GolfingGriz
November 23rd, 2009, 11:51 PM
I like the matchup. Minnett is a stud, but that is strength on strength in terms of their run O against our run D. I would be much more worried if we were playing a really good passing offense. They have a good D, but did give up 34 points to SIU. Its gonna be a real physical game, but I think our depth will be too much for them...
Griz 35
SDSU 24

GrizFamily
November 24th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Are there no SDSU fans on this board? This isn't any fun with out a loyal opposition.

jmc_jackrabbit
November 24th, 2009, 03:13 AM
There are a few Jacks' fans here. The comparison to MSU's defense was made on our board, and a few people looked up the stats. It's not a good comparison:

SDSU is #16 in the nation in total defense while Montana St. is #61.
SDSU is #1 in the nation in pass efficiency defense while Montana St. is 82.
SDSU is #22 in the nation in pass defense while Montana St. is #113.
SDSU is #23 in the nation in rush defense while Montana St. is #7.
SDSU is #5 in the nation in scoring defense while Montana St. is #51.

The rush defense argument is skewed because we faced the #4, #8, #13, and #19 rush offenses in the nation in SIU, NDSU, UNI, and Cal Poly while Montana St. hasn't played a single team in the top 20.

Bottom line: Our defense is a lot better than MSU's defense.

*Hat tip to Jacks-02 over at http://www.sdsufans.com/board who looked up those stats.

ncbears
November 24th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Should be a great match up. I'll give Montana the edge though.

jackrabbit1979
November 24th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I like the matchup. Minnett is a stud, but that is strength on strength in terms of their run O against our run D. I would be much more worried if we were playing a really good passing offense. They have a good D, but did give up 34 points to SIU. Its gonna be a real physical game, but I think our depth will be too much for them...
Griz 35
SDSU 24

We are definately underdogs coming into WaGriz Stadium, but I would be surprised if Montana scores 35 (let alone the 42 the other poster mentioned) against our D. The only way they do that is if our offense turns the ball over a ton and gives up some points off of turnovers - much like what happened against Southern Illinois.

SDSUJacks
November 24th, 2009, 03:26 AM
I like the match up, and I think it will be closer than most people think it will. SDSU has a great defense, a solid running game, and are very sound in their fundamentals. I think we will come up short, but it will be a trench fight, the kind of game teams just grind out. Looking forward to it!

Kemo
November 24th, 2009, 03:30 AM
SIU scoring 34 was more of an aberration than the rule in terms of the Jacks D giving up points. It is also noted that one of SIU's TD was a pick 6 and another TD came on a drive that started at the SDSU 6 yard line (due to our punter dropping a snap). Add in the fact the SIU had a running QB (our kryptonite) that Montana doesn't seem to possess, I would be surprised if Montana got more than 2 offensive TD's against SDSU's defense. I'll go with a 20-17 Jacks victory.

09griz
November 24th, 2009, 03:40 AM
This will really be the test of the griz's mettle. If we lose this game I expect everyone on AGS to be giving us griz fans a huge "I told you so", so if we win I'll wait until we beat richmond or APP state to do the same. :D

Grrrrriz
November 24th, 2009, 03:59 AM
SIU scoring 34 was more of an aberration than the rule in terms of the Jacks D giving up points. It is also noted that one of SIU's TD was a pick 6 and another TD came on a drive that started at the SDSU 6 yard line (due to our punter dropping a snap). Add in the fact the SIU had a running QB (our kryptonite) that Montana doesn't seem to possess, I would be surprised if Montana got more than 2 offensive TD's against SDSU's defense. I'll go with a 20-17 Jacks victory.

I like the match up quite a bit, not because I think it will be a walk in the park, but because I like watching good football. We haven't played a team with as good of a D as you guys, but the only team you have played who is on our level is SIU. UNI was a good win at the time, but honestly, I think they may have been the most over rated team in the FCS. They didn't have a single good win, and they lost to every real good team they played. The way I see it, on a neutral field, this one would probably be a toss up. At WA-GRIZ I like the Griz by 7-10...but neither team scores over 30..So lets call it 20-14. I think your defense is good enough to keep our offense from lighting up the score board, but I also think that when comparing SDSU's O vs. UM's D..I gotta give the edge to UM's D. Anyway, low scoring game with a lot of defense, and a few big plays thanks to Mariani that bust it open for your Montana Grizzlies.

GrizNation93
November 24th, 2009, 04:03 AM
This matchup scares the crap out of me. SDSU is way better than a #16 seed. Should be a very good game but I think the home crowd and the combo of Mariani and Reynolds will win the day.

Native
November 24th, 2009, 04:06 AM
We are definately underdogs coming into WaGriz Stadium, ...

Nope. According to this week's Sagarin "predictor" ratings, SDSU is a 1.5 point favorite.

GolfingGriz
November 24th, 2009, 04:20 AM
We've only been held under 31 points twice this year and in both of those games we played extremely poorly. Against Davis, we didn't start playing until we were down 10-0 in the third quarter and against Idaho State we turned the ball over like crazy. I don't doubt that this may be the best D we have played all year, but we always seem to find a way to score points.

This matchup reminds me alot of the quarterfinal game against SIU three years ago. Really good running game and D, but a little lacking as far as passing offense goes.

fltheadgriz
November 24th, 2009, 04:25 AM
The Idaho State game is , well, an Idaho State game.
Like I have said over and over if anyone on the ECB would play at Idaho State they would know why the Griz and every other team that goes in there is tentative when they play and never really go full force.
Every single game that I have seen in the past 15 years there, there has been at least one nasty injury with broken bones.
Thankfully this year it was not anyone on the Griz (like back in '07) but the player for ISU did get a nasty leg break at the game this year.
It is just plain nasty some of the broken bones that have been seen there.

Grrrrriz
November 24th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Nope. According to this week's Sagarin "predictor" ratings, SDSU is a 1.5 point favorite.

According to the GPI, the Griz are favored by quite a bit.

Grizaholic17
November 24th, 2009, 04:51 AM
I think the general consensus is that SDSU is going to be a hard matchup for the Griz. We deserve a worthy opponent and I think we are being delivered one. I hope we can make it past this round and hopefully play ASU or Richmond in Missoula...how fun?!?!

EDIT: not overlooking this game though. SDSU will be a handful and fired up. They are used to cold weather...so that won't factor into this

clawman
November 24th, 2009, 05:00 AM
This will really be the test of the griz's mettle. If we lose this game I expect everyone on AGS to be giving us griz fans a huge "I told you so", so if we win I'll wait until we beat richmond or APP state to do the same. :D

What makes you think you can get past the Eagles again??

putter
November 24th, 2009, 05:05 AM
This matchup scares the crap out of me. SDSU is way better than a #16 seed. Should be a very good game but I think the home crowd and the combo of Mariani and Reynolds will win the day.

SDSU is not even close to the last seed in the tourny. That is reserved for the eastern teams.....;) xbangx

GolfingGriz
November 24th, 2009, 05:09 AM
What makes you think you can get past the Eagles again??

If the two teams did play again, I would like to think that our D will show up this time around.

2002jack
November 24th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I'm not sure the Jacks have enough firepower to play with the Griz, but we will find out on Saturday. Either way, I hope a team from the MVC, Southland, or the Big Sky wins the national title. I'll cheer for any team from the "Western" states, over any CAA or SoCo teams.

mlbowl
November 24th, 2009, 05:17 AM
I'm not sure the Jacks have enough firepower to play with the Griz, but we will find out on Saturday. Either way, I hope a team from the MVC, Southland, or the Big Sky wins the national title. I'll cheer for any team from the "Western" states, over any CAA or SoCo teams.

You guys should've beat Minnesota...I'm thinking it's gonna be a battle.

clawman
November 24th, 2009, 05:23 AM
If the two teams did play again, I would like to think that our D will show up this time around.

Yeah but the 12th man in the striped shirt will not count with a neutral crewxlolx

GolfingGriz
November 24th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Yeah but the 12th man in the striped shirt will not count with a neutral crewxlolx

True. You guys got hosed.

GolfingGriz
November 24th, 2009, 05:29 AM
On a seperate note, when are the all conference teams announced?

catatac
November 24th, 2009, 06:04 AM
There are a few Jacks' fans here. The comparison to MSU's defense was made on our board, and a few people looked up the stats. It's not a good comparison:

The rush defense argument is skewed because we faced the #4, #8, #13, and #19 rush offenses in the nation in SIU, NDSU, UNI, and Cal Poly while Montana St. hasn't played a single team in the top 20.

*Hat tip to Jacks-02 over at http://www.sdsufans.com/board who looked up those stats.

??? We played... Montana, Eastern Washington, Weber, NAU, and Michigan State. I'm not sure if our D is better than yours or not... maybe the griz fans can tell us after the game. I can pretty much guarantee there aren't many rushing D's out there that are as good as ours. We allowed exactly 2 rushing TD's the entire season.

KUlawJack
November 24th, 2009, 06:19 AM
??? We played... Montana, Eastern Washington, Weber, NAU, and Michigan State. I'm not sure if our D is better than yours or not... maybe the griz fans can tell us after the game. I can pretty much guarantee there aren't many rushing D's out there that are as good as ours. We allowed exactly 2 rushing TD's the entire season.

None of your opponents are in the Top 20 in rush offense. That is what that particular statistic shows and what he is referring to. The premise being, you haven't played a top offensive threat on the ground, even though Montana is 25 and you held them under 100, which is admirable no doubt. Here are the Rushing Offense Ranks for all Big Sky Teams:

Montana - 25
Montana State - 48
Eastern Washington - 56
Northern Arizona - 64
Weber State - 73
Sacramento State - 83
Northern Colorado - 93
Portland State - 95
Idaho State - 118

He was referencing the tough rushing offenses we have played.

Also your Total Defense is #61. Ours is #16. That's a big gap.

Green and Yellow
November 24th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Go State! Go Missouri Valley!

Ronbo
November 24th, 2009, 07:34 AM
None of your opponents are in the Top 20 in rush offense. That is what that particular statistic shows and what he is referring to. The premise being, you haven't played a top offensive threat on the ground, even though Montana is 25 and you held them under 100, which is admirable no doubt. Here are the Rushing Offense Ranks for all Big Sky Teams:

Montana - 25
Montana State - 48
Eastern Washington - 56
Northern Arizona - 64
Weber State - 73
Sacramento State - 83
Northern Colorado - 93
Portland State - 95
Idaho State - 118

He was referencing the tough rushing offenses we have played.

It's easy to spin things. Let's see, did you know MSU's defense faced 4 of the top 13 Offenses in the Nation in Conference play? That can take a toll on even a very good defense.xsmiley_wix

mistersykes
November 24th, 2009, 07:43 AM
This will be an interesting game. I think the Jackrabbits have what it takes to pull the huge upset. I think that the MVC has been somewhat overlooked this season. It'll be close, I say.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2009, 08:12 AM

Right, the 1 seed is a 1.5 point dog at home.xeyebrowx

Can I have some of what you're smoking?:D

Houndawg
November 24th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I hate to say it, but you all are going to be surprised at how easy the Griz win this one.

Native
November 24th, 2009, 08:19 AM

SDSU lost 14-21 to GPI #25 Cal Poly.

FIFY! xthumbsupx

Native
November 24th, 2009, 08:22 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx I am just reporting the Sagarin numbers, dawg. In this case, I do not believe them myself. :D

Besides, you would not like the cheap cigars I smoke. Not psychotropic. xrolleyesx

Native
November 24th, 2009, 08:24 AM

Ditto! xthumbsupx

espete
November 24th, 2009, 08:39 AM
It's easy to spin things. Let's see, did you know MSU's defense faced 4 of the top 13 Offenses in the Nation in Conference play? That can take a toll on even a very good defense.xsmiley_wix

Let my try.. Maybe they have the top offenses because they are playing against the bottom defenses, and in the case of Idaho St the team at the every bottom, which Montana only scored 12 points on.

Total Defense

Portland State - 107th
Northern Arizona - 100th
Cal Poly - 102nd
Eastern Washington - 109th
Sacremento State - 116th
Weber State - 79th
Idaho State - 118th
Northern Colorado - 87th
Montana State - 61st
Montana - 58th

Excluding the teams in transition, Montana is the ONLY team in the top half of all the FCS in total defense in the Big Sky, by ONE spot.

Montana had their bad game against one of the worst teams in FCS and still won, SDSU had their bad game against the #3 seed and lost.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx I am just reporting the Sagarin numbers, dawg. In this case, I do not believe them myself. :D

Besides, you would not like the cheap cigars I smoke. Not psychotropic. xrolleyesx

Well, there's your problem right there.xrolleyesx

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I hate to say it, but you all are going to be surprised at how easy the Griz win this one.

So how much better are the Griz vs SIU?

Grrrrriz
November 24th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Let my try.. Maybe they have the top offenses because they are playing against the bottom defenses, and in the case of Idaho St the team at the every bottom, which Montana only scored 12 points on.

Total Defense

Portland State - 107th
Northern Arizona - 100th
Cal Poly - 102nd
Eastern Washington - 109th
Sacremento State - 116th
Weber State - 79th
Idaho State - 118th
Northern Colorado - 87th
Montana State - 61st
Montana - 58th

Excluding the teams in transition, Montana is the ONLY team in the top half of all the FCS in total defense in the Big Sky, by ONE spot.

Montana had their bad game against one of the worst teams in FCS and still won, SDSU had their bad game against the #3 seed and lost.

Thats what will happen when a conference has 4 of the top offenses in the FCS.

paytonlives
November 24th, 2009, 09:50 AM

Could it be that the Offenses in the Big Sky are better then the ones you've played.... YES!

paytonlives
November 24th, 2009, 09:56 AM

He is looking at the MSU rating...

Sagarin Has

Montana 68.88
SD State 64.27
Total____UM +4.5 + three for home feild so...

GRIZ would be a 7.5 favorite

espete
November 24th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Could it be that the Offenses in the Big Sky are better then the ones you've played.... YES!

Or it could be that the Defenses in the Big Sky are just bad.... YES!

paytonlives
November 24th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Or it could be that the Defenses in the Big Sky are just bad.... YES!

On Saturday SD state will be lucky to score 10 points... thats the D

9801Griz
November 24th, 2009, 10:24 AM
This game reminds me of our Wofford draw. Because of regional seeding this clearly is not a first round game. Bad news for us coming off of a physical Brawl. Another tough D, but not a great offense. At the end of the day Montana has to protect the ball. Turnover margin will be the game. The quaterbacks cannot make mistakes. It will come down to a final field goal. 16 to 13 win leading to a Big Sky rematch for the second year in a row in the second round.

Native
November 24th, 2009, 10:30 AM
He is looking at the MSU rating...

Sagarin Has

Montana 68.88
SD State 64.27
Total____UM +4.5 + three for home feild so...

GRIZ would be a 7.5 favorite

Pick your poison. The Sagarin 22 November "predictor" rating
for SDSU = 67.41, Montana = 63.39. The Sagarin home field advantage is 3.14.

63.39 + 3.14 = 66.53; 66.53-67.41 = 1.14 point advantage for the Jackrabbits

espete
November 24th, 2009, 10:34 AM

to score 10 on offense maybe, but the SDSU D/ST could get 7-14 also... The key will be how many points the SDSU Offense gives up and/or turns the ball over deep in their territory.

KUlawJack
November 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM

HA! I actually laughed out loud when I read that. It may be true, but your absolute certainty is was made it funny.

Oh, and like the other guy said - could it be that the defenses are just that bad in the Big Sky? I guess we will find out where it falls out on Saturday. I expect a defensive struggle and a battle of field position.

AppyinVA
November 24th, 2009, 11:10 AM
This is one that Montana could easily lose. Montana has yet to be tested. Its closest test was Idaho State, which Montana almost lost. Montana has a lot to prove to the rest of the world, especially since Montana didn't play an FBS team this year. We wonder if Montana can beat teams that are equal to, if not better, than they. SDSU 24 Montana 21.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM
This is one that Montana could easily lose. Montana has yet to be tested. Its closest test was Idaho State, which Montana almost lost. Montana has a lot to prove to the rest of the world, especially since Montana didn't play an FBS team this year. We wonder if Montana can beat teams that are equal to, if not better, than they. SDSU 24 Montana 21.

Hmmmm, if a team is better than you, you shouldn't beat them. xcoffeex

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 24th, 2009, 11:13 AM

Oh, and I think several teams we have beat this year thought they were better. :Dxpeacex

AppyinVA
November 24th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Montana has the worst strength of schedule in the Big Sky. Montana needs to upgrade its out of conference schedule. Because of their schedule, Montana will struggle in the playoffs.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM
You know, I'm thinking about how every time Griz fans have even a slight iota of fear for the team we're about to host in the playoffs, we seem to win in a blowout (Weber, Southern Illinois, New Hampshire, Sam Houston State). Hopefully that trend continues

AppyinVA
November 24th, 2009, 11:40 AM
You know, I'm thinking about how every time Griz fans have even a slight iota of fear for the team we're about to host in the playoffs, we seem to win in a blowout (Weber, Southern Illinois, New Hampshire, Sam Houston State). Hopefully that trend continues

Strange, I have not detected an iota of fear.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Strange, I have not detected an iota of fear.
Well it can be hard to see it through the arrogance coming one way and the hate/jealousy coming the other*

* Not implying that you are in that camp, but then again you very well could be as it is a very popular place

putter
November 24th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Montana has the worst strength of schedule in the Big Sky. Montana needs to upgrade its out of conference schedule. Because of their schedule, Montana will struggle in the playoffs.

Baloney. Montana played Great West Champ UC Davis on the road and won. Played Cal Poly and won in a game they tried to give away. Western State may drag down the SOS because they are DII but so what. Weber St played Colorado St and Wyoming and went 0-2 in two close games. Great, they played 2 FBS schools, but it almost cost them a playoff spot. I dont know why people put so much stock in playing FBS schools....

FCS Go!
November 24th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Thanks Appy. No one on this board has every heard such an insightful and original thought regarding the Griz schedule and their chances of winning a game in the playoffs.

FCS Go!
November 24th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Baloney. Montana played Great West Champ UC Davis on the road and won. Played Cal Poly and won in a game they tried to give away. Western State may drag down the SOS because they are DII but so what. Weber St played Colorado St and Wyoming and went 0-2 in two close games. Great, they played 2 FBS schools, but it almost cost them a playoff spot. I dont know why people put so much stock in playing FBS schools....

For most teams it's the only way they can break even for the year. Fans like to pretend that it means their team has balls but we know it means they don't have enough fans.

App, McNeese and so forth excluded of course, they need it for recruiting.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 24th, 2009, 12:43 PM

We played 4 ranked teams in our schedule(Using AGS rankings), 2 of which also made the playoffs. xreadx

Cal Poly - 13
Eastern Washington - 22
Weber State - 16
Montana State - 20

BearIt
November 24th, 2009, 12:47 PM

Did you ever stop to think that Montana may be part of the reason that the other teams SOS is higher? If Montana played itself I'm sure it's SOS would improve as well.

Also, please tell me how the fact that the other teams in the BSC playing FBS teams and loosing to them made them potentially better playoff teams.

Perhaps you should petition the NCAA to require teams to play an FBS team in order to qualify for the playoffs otherwise they are probably not worthy of competing.

I believe MT also had a comparitively weak SOS in the BSC last year. They really struggled in the playoffs compared to all the other teams (not including Richmond).xrolleyesx

gbhmt
November 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
HA! I actually laughed out loud when I read that. It may be true, but your absolute certainty is was made it funny.

Oh, and like the other guy said - could it be that the defenses are just that bad in the Big Sky? I guess we will find out where it falls out on Saturday. I expect a defensive struggle and a battle of field position.

That's why I'd predict a Griz win: we'll win the field position game. Mariani's a top-three returner in the country, and he will burn you if you dare kick to him.

Ronbo
November 24th, 2009, 01:13 PM

We heard this same poppycock last season. Don't you people ever learn. #1 JMU folks were talking about an auto win at their house. What a shock for them. xlolx

Torgo
November 24th, 2009, 05:53 PM
SDSU is far better a team than a #1 seed should be playing...as a few posters have said I expect a defensive battle won by field position, which is advantage Montana because of Mariani.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2009, 06:00 PM
The Jacks are good football players, but their lack of athletes was exposed by SIU.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2009, 06:04 PM
SDSU is far better a team than a #1 seed should be playing...as a few posters have said I expect a defensive battle won by field position, which is advantage Montana because of Mariani.

It's happened before, (#5 SIU @ #1 Delaware) and UM seeded at #1 was a revenue-based decision.

jmc_jackrabbit
November 24th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Sagarin is full of it. We're underdogs. Montana has been in the playoffs about 500 kabillion times. This is our first time. They have a big-time home field advantage that we'll need to overcome.

That doesn't mean we can't win. Just means we're underdogs.

jmc_jackrabbit
November 24th, 2009, 09:36 PM
The Jacks are good football players, but their lack of athletes was exposed by SIU.

SIU exposed a lot of people this year. Still my pick to win it all. Best team I have ever seen in Brookings, by far.

Kemo
November 24th, 2009, 10:43 PM
We heard this same poppycock last season. Don't you people ever learn. #1 JMU folks were talking about an auto win at their house. What a shock for them. xlolx

What do you mean "you people"?xflamemadx

SIUallDay
November 24th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I got the Jackrabbits winning this one

bigskyrocks
November 24th, 2009, 11:27 PM

not really sure you can say montana wasnt tested.
17-10 @ uc davis.... stopping them with an int in the endzone
41-34 @ NAU.... stopping them with an int in the endzone in overtime
41-34 vs EWU..... scoring the winning td with just over a minute remaining (on 4 and goal)
12-10 @ ISU.... shouldnt have been that close but still won with a last minute drive to win with a field goal..

that looks like a few tests to me. shows they can find ways to win when needed.

HLNgriz
November 24th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I'll tell you what, MSU bobcats have a really good D. They choose to stop Chase and did, period! But could not stop the rest of the O. I listened to the coaches show last night and Bobby said looking at the Jackrabbits is like looking in the mirror. Great back, big o-line, a D that plays straight up and does not have to over commet to pass or rush, and special teams that are overlooked because of ball control they rarely have punt returns. I read a stat over on egriz 41 points scored in the second half against them the WHOLE SEASON. The Griz are not over looking the bunnies.

Ronbo
November 25th, 2009, 12:18 AM
What do you mean "you people"?xflamemadx

Hahaha! Funny. The new "N" word.xlolx

Saint3333
November 25th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Did you ever stop to think that Montana may be part of the reason that the other teams SOS is higher? If Montana played itself I'm sure it's SOS would improve as well.

They scheduled this, but sorry to say Montana bought out of the game, you know times are tough up therexsmiley_wix.

HLNgriz
November 25th, 2009, 12:53 AM
They scheduled this, but sorry to say Montana bought out of the game, you know times are tough up therexsmiley_wix.

xlolx Good one! xlolxxsmileyclapx

GrizFamily
November 25th, 2009, 01:41 AM
This is why I love the FCS. This is a alot of heartfelt debate about who is better and each fan breaks the numbers down to suite their preconceived decision based mostly on team and conference loyalties. Interesting to see how creative some fans from both sides can be. All in good fun because in the end it matters NOT. We get to decide this one the way it should be. On the field.

And if the Jacks walk out of WaGriz (have you heard about our stadium and the crowd noise ;-)) with a victory they will have earned it. I will be disappointed if that happens but like all the Griz fans, I will congratulate them and wish them luck in the rest of the Championship Series.

BCS-BS=FCS

Go GRIZ!!

BearIt
November 25th, 2009, 02:48 AM

Touchexlolx

wapiti
November 25th, 2009, 03:02 AM
This is why I love the FCS. This is a alot of heartfelt debate about who is better and each fan breaks the numbers down to suite their preconceived decision based mostly on team and conference loyalties. Interesting to see how creative some fans from both sides can be. All in good fun because in the end it matters NOT. We get to decide this one the way it should be. On the field.

And if the Jacks walk out of WaGriz (have you heard about our stadium and the crowd noise ;-))with a victory they will have earned it. I will be disappointed if that happens but like all the Griz fans, I will congratulate them and wish them luck in the rest of the Championship Series.

BCS-BS=FCS

Go GRIZ!!

Do you have any pictures????

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 25th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Do you have any pictures????

Yep, did it yesterday :D

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1474781&postcount=19

veinup
November 25th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Keep in mind that it might be a relatively quiet WASHINGTON GRIZZLY STADIUM this weekend.. First game is always pretty sparsely attended.

89rabbit
November 25th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Keep in mind that it might be a relatively quiet WASHINGTON GRIZZLY STADIUM this weekend.. First game is always pretty sparsely attended.

I'll be in Missoula. ;)

Poker Alan
November 25th, 2009, 03:41 AM

Which means only 20K+ instead of 25K ....

veinup
November 25th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Which means only 20K+ instead of 25K ....

Haha yeah. You're right. Didn't mean to say that there wouldn't be a lot of people there, just..less than usual. I spose we all know that.

89rabbit
November 25th, 2009, 04:06 AM
On the flip side the Jackrabbits just played in front of 40 + k, two weeks ago when we played at Minnesota.

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics10/640/PH/PHELDKJBUWIFSEC.20090917211910.jpg

Final Score Minnesota 16 - SDSU 13 xnonono2x xbawlingx

Bronco
November 25th, 2009, 04:08 AM
That will help.
That's a nice new stadium (outside) they built in the Twin Towns.

veinup
November 25th, 2009, 04:09 AM
That is beautiful.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 25th, 2009, 04:10 AM
On the flip side the Jackrabbits just played in front of 40 k two weeks ago when we played at Minnesota.

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics10/640/PH/PHELDKJBUWIFSEC.20090917211910.jpg

At least it doesn't have a track! xthumbsupx But the stands aren't very steep, kind of opens it up a bit.

Benne
November 25th, 2009, 04:33 AM

Bogus statement. I was there last year for Texas St. in the NEZ. It may only be 19,000, but it's 19,000 dedicated to their team. It was insane.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 25th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Here are the last 7 home games.

2002 Northwestern St ATTENDANCE: 15,758
2003 Western Illinois ATTENDANCE: 16,222
2004 Northwestern St ATTENDANCE: 16,289
2005 Cal Poly ATTENDANCE: 16,162
2006 McNeese ATTENDANCE: 20,077
2007 Wofford ATTENDANCE: 19,761
2008 TX St ATTENDANCE: 19,489

Decent numbers, but not as many as regular season for sure, 5-6K go do other things that weekend. xsmhx

catatac
November 25th, 2009, 05:16 AM

And if the Jacks walk out of WaGriz (have you heard about our stadium and the crowd noise ;-)) with a victory they will have earned it. I will be disappointed if that happens but like all the Griz fans, I will congratulate them and wish them luck in the rest of the Championship Series.

BCS-BS=FCS

Go GRIZ!!

I wouldn't go that far. I can promise you that not ALL griz fans will be that respectful. Like all teams, you also have the rare a-hole fans that will be obnoxious, cursing the players, calling them cheaters, blaming the loss on something other than SDSU, what have you.

Grizaholic17
November 25th, 2009, 05:47 AM
I am excited to witness this game...and I hope dearly that we break 20K for this game. It will be a great game.

Grrrrriz
November 25th, 2009, 05:48 AM
I wouldn't go that far. I can promise you that not ALL griz fans will be that respectful. Like all teams, you also have the rare a-hole fans that will be obnoxious, cursing the players, calling them cheaters, blaming the loss on something other than SDSU, what have you.

Its true, there are some a**holes. But, if you do beat us, it will be because you played a hell of a game, and are a hell of a football team (not to say that you aren't already)...But if that happens, trust me, excuses will be plentiful

Grizaholic17
November 25th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Its true, there are some a**holes. But, if you do beat us, it will be because you played a hell of a game, and are a hell of a football team (not to say that you aren't already)...But if that happens, trust me, excuses will be plentiful

I'll be making excuses :p

The one excuse I'll probably make is "SDSU wasn't a 16 seed"...but to be the best you have to beat some of the best. Playoffs are great.

Houndawg
November 25th, 2009, 08:16 AM

The one excuse I'll probably make is "SDSU wasn't a 16 seed"...but to be the best you have to beat some of the best. Playoffs are great.

UM wasn't a 1 seed either.:D

BearIt
November 25th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I am excited to witness this game...and I hope dearly that we break 20K for this game. It will be a great game.

I would expect this to be better attended than we have had historically in the first round. There should be better regional interest in this game than past 1st round games.

With the proximity of the states, I'm sure there are a few SDSU alumni hiding out in MT. It is also a very long, but do able drive to Missoula from Brookings, especially with the extended holiday week end.

That's my theory anyway.

Rabbitlivinginverm
November 25th, 2009, 08:37 AM

I'm not sure why this keeps getting brought up. SDSU is NOT the 16 seed. You griz fans should know that the only seed the top 4. We happen to be in your region and we play you guys. I guess you could say that we are the 4 seed in our region. Nothing more, nothing less. If we were 9-2 rather than 8-3, we'd be hosting a game this weekend.

Looking foward to a great game. I think I might go out and buy a 50" flat screen on black friday so my viewing pleasure will be greatly enhanced. Really wish I could make the trip. Wanted to go the last time two times we played there and told myself that if we ever went back I would make the trip. Sucks that I'm not.xsmhx

Poker Alan
November 25th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I'm not sure why this keeps getting brought up. SDSU is NOT the 16 seed. You griz fans should know that the only seed the top 4. We happen to be in your region and we play you guys. I guess you could say that we are the 4 seed in our region. Nothing more, nothing less. If we were 9-2 rather than 8-3, we'd be hosting a game this weekend.

Looking foward to a great game. I think I might go out and buy a 50" flat screen on black friday so my viewing pleasure will be greatly enhanced. Really wish I could make the trip. Wanted to go the last time two times we played there and told myself that if we ever went back I would make the trip. Sucks that I'm not.xsmhx

Only being brought up because we were seeded (1), and, as you correctly stated, there is no way ya'll are the 16th rated team ... point being, this matchup should not have happened until at least the quarters (IMO), as I feel you are a top 8 team.

Native
November 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM

I have as many Griz friends as Wildcat friends. You will be treated well almost everywhere, BUT beware the drunken UM students in the end zone.

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I have as many Griz friends as Wildcat friends. You will be treated well almost everywhere, BUT beware the drunken UM students in the end zone.QFT

I honestly do love how people always seem to have respect for our fans (except Bobcat fans xrolleyesx), but if we sat our visitors next to the students, instead of across the entire stadium, I'm sure our reputation would go down. xlolx

We can be obnoxious over there. In other words, don't bring your kids around me at a Griz game. xlolx

Native
November 25th, 2009, 11:57 AM

Put it this way: The Griz did not exactly get screwed.

Torgo
November 25th, 2009, 05:56 PM
QFT

I honestly do love how people always seem to have respect for our fans (except Bobcat fans xrolleyesx), but if we sat our visitors next to the students, instead of across the entire stadium, I'm sure our reputation would go down. xlolx

We can be obnoxious over there. In other words, don't bring your kids around me at a Griz game. xlolx

Hah, I think that goes for any student section though. I sat in Pitt's student section back when my sister was going there (and I was about 10) and...wow...talk about an eye-opening experience.

I definitely get a little...lot more vocal when I'm in the student section compared to sitting somewhere else in a stadium.

Wish I could be there for this one...the one bad thing about doing a semester abroad in the Autumn...missing football season.

Poker Alan
November 25th, 2009, 10:54 PM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/PokerAlan/Bump.jpg

MightyMightyGriz
November 26th, 2009, 11:33 AM
On the flip side the Jackrabbits just played in front of 40 + k, two weeks ago when we played at Minnesota.

WHO and WHERE? xlolx Didnt they go like 6 and 6. Now if you would have handed them a loss, That's braggin rights.

Ronbo
November 26th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Put it this way: The Griz did not exactly get screwed.

For some reason I'm more comfortable playing SDSU than either Weber State or EWU. Those teams offenses get hot and you could be toast.

WyomingGrizFan
November 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I have recently, o.k., the last twenty years or so to tell ya the truth, found it to be rather amusing when others downplay the SOS for the Griz that the same don't mention the other teams in the FCS Playoffs, at least this years' participants for instance, that got there by playing such FCS stalwarts as Langston, Kentucky Wesleyan, Delta St., Southern Virginia, SW Baptist & St. Francis-Pa. Isn't that amazing how that never happens?

Proud Griz Man
November 27th, 2009, 12:54 AM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/PokerAlan/Bump.jpg

B U M P

Rabid Rabbit

Rabbits will smack you in the face, knock you down, help you up and do it all over again - McNeese75

The Jackrabbits will be tough. xsmiley_wix

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2702/4126744956_1644d8fee0_o.gif

Grrrrriz
November 27th, 2009, 02:18 AM

That is a super cool picture. As well, 40,000 is nothing to sneeze at, but I would be willing to bet that WA-GRIZ is going to be much louder this weekend. Here is my rationale, I would appreciate others view on this as well. Anyway here is my reasoning:

1. FBS schools don't get excited to play an FCS squad, and consequently neither do the fans. FCS is still by and large Division II in casual fans minds

2. They haven't been having a good year, so again the fans aren't going to be especially jacked up for the season.

3. This is a playoff game between two great teams. The anticipation, excitement, and enthusiasm will be bar none. This is a huge game. The crowd will be much more involved.

4. The Minnesota fans are not behind their team. I read a SDSU poster on the SDSU board say that the only time the game was very loud was when they were booing their QB and when the sun came out for about 5 minutes.

5. Stadium Design: The Minnesota stadium holds 40,000 people but has a really shallow grade on the seats. In addition the seats are separated from the field b a fair distance. WA GRIZ on the other hand has a very steep grade, the field is actually a bit underground and so sound gets trapped in and just echoes off of the opposite sides of the stadium....making it deafening. The sound down on the field has been measured and is the same decibel level as an f15 fighter jet taking off. As well, the crowd is literally about 5 feet behind the benches, and about 15 from the field. It is going to be insane, and any Jackrabbit fans that come to the game are going to have a great time. I would post a picture, but there are about 50,000 WA GRIZ pics on AGS, some people don't appreciate theslight nuance of WA-GRIZ's post modern food court and semi futuristic bleacher design, thats the only reason I can think of anyway. (that last part was a joke.)

I would be interested in hearing what some of you other AGSers think.

This is an incredible gameday atmosphere, and Saturday can't get here quick enough.

FargoBison
November 27th, 2009, 03:10 AM
SDSU has played at Montana before. SDSU has also played in the Fargodome and the UNIdome. I don't think they'll have any problems with the crowd.

paul1978
November 27th, 2009, 06:03 AM
SDSU has played at Montana before. SDSU has also played in the Fargodome and the UNIdome. I don't think they'll have any problems with the crowd.

Dude, if they can hear they will have problems with the crowd noise! xthumbsupx

xrotatehx xlolx xrotatehx xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I have recently, o.k., the last twenty years or so to tell ya the truth, found it to be rather amusing when others downplay the SOS for the Griz that the same don't mention the other teams in the FCS Playoffs, at least this years' participants for instance, that got there by playing such FCS stalwarts as Langston, Kentucky Wesleyan, Delta St., Southern Virginia, SW Baptist & St. Francis-Pa. Isn't that amazing how that never happens?

OR.........WESTERN STATE............xeekx..........BRAWK!!

ncbears
November 27th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Is this game going to be on bigskytv.org??

mlbowl
November 27th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Is this game going to be on bigskytv.org??

Go to Grizcentral.com and click on the banner...much better than bigskytvxnodx

Vidav
November 27th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Per montanagrizzlies.com it will be streamed on kpax.com as well.

The NCAA Football Championship Subdivision first-round playoff game between Montana and South Dakota State scheduled for 12:05 p.m. Saturday at Washington-Grizzly Stadium in Missoula, Mont., will be televised by KPAX-TV and its affiliates in Montana.

KPAX sports director Phil Buck will call the play-by-play, while former (1988-90) Grizzly quarterback Grady Bennett serves as color commentator. KPAX sports reporter Derek Buerkle provides sideline color.

The game will be streamed on kpax.com and NOT on the usual b2TV.com.

Coordinates:

Galaxy 28
Transponder 604/Keystone 1
UP FREQ: 14068.5 Vertical
DN FREQ: 11768.5 Horizontal
symbol rate 6.148936
Data rate 8.5
FEC 3/4

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=8508&m=18

MPLSGRIZZLY
November 27th, 2009, 12:28 PM
That is a super cool picture. As well, 40,000 is nothing to sneeze at, but I would be willing to bet that WA-GRIZ is going to be much louder this weekend. Here is my rationale, I would appreciate others view on this as well. Anyway here is my reasoning:

1. FBS schools don't get excited to play an FCS squad, and consequently neither do the fans. FCS is still by and large Division II in casual fans minds

2. They haven't been having a good year, so again the fans aren't going to be especially jacked up for the season.

3. This is a playoff game between two great teams. The anticipation, excitement, and enthusiasm will be bar none. This is a huge game. The crowd will be much more involved.

4. The Minnesota fans are not behind their team. I read a SDSU poster on the SDSU board say that the only time the game was very loud was when they were booing their QB and when the sun came out for about 5 minutes.

5. Stadium Design: The Minnesota stadium holds 40,000 people but has a really shallow grade on the seats. In addition the seats are separated from the field b a fair distance. WA GRIZ on the other hand has a very steep grade, the field is actually a bit underground and so sound gets trapped in and just echoes off of the opposite sides of the stadium....making it deafening. The sound down on the field has been measured and is the same decibel level as an f15 fighter jet taking off. As well, the crowd is literally about 5 feet behind the benches, and about 15 from the field. It is going to be insane, and any Jackrabbit fans that come to the game are going to have a great time. I would post a picture, but there are about 50,000 WA GRIZ pics on AGS, some people don't appreciate theslight nuance of WA-GRIZ's post modern food court and semi futuristic bleacher design, thats the only reason I can think of anyway. (that last part was a joke.)

I would be interested in hearing what some of you other AGSers think.

This is an incredible gameday atmosphere, and Saturday can't get here quick enough.

I don't doubt that SDSU will be able to handle the crowd noise. That being said, I was at the Minn game and it was about as quiet as Bobcat Stadium after last weekends beat down by the Griz. There were 5-10K empty seats, as well as a good amount of Jack fans. Not a good comparison. It will be MUCH louder this Saturday.

veinup
November 27th, 2009, 12:44 PM
holy crap i am so excited. don't know what to do all day today. ehhhhh..

profisme
November 27th, 2009, 12:47 PM
If SDSU wins this game, they will definitely have deserved it. The Griz are a very very solid football team. If UM gets solid QB play, they will be difficult to stop because the running game is extremely solid. There is a reason Chase Reynolds has scored as many TD's as he has over the past 2 years. He is a tough runner and deceptively fast.

Marc Mariani is just incredible. Period. If he isn't playing Sundays next year I will be shocked. Dan Beaudin and Steve Pfhaeler are underrated TE's who do a good job blocking as well. SDSU will have its hands full on defense and the Grizzly defense is starting to come together quite nicely as well.

All in all, I expect a good game, but give the edge to the Griz at home.

Grrrrriz
November 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I don't doubt that SDSU will be able to handle the crowd noise. That being said, I was at the Minn game and it was about as quiet as Bobcat Stadium after last weekends beat down by the Griz. There were 5-10K empty seats, as well as a good amount of Jack fans. Not a good comparison. It will be MUCH louder this Saturday.

Oh, I wasn't saying they couldn't handle it. Just that I don't think that an FBS game at the end of the season is much of a comparison to WA-GRIZ. Especially in the playoffs.

jmc_jackrabbit
November 27th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Oh, I wasn't saying they couldn't handle it. Just that I don't think that an FBS game at the end of the season is much of a comparison to WA-GRIZ. Especially in the playoffs.

I'm sure it's a great atmosphere. It's probably the loudest place we'll play this year.

I would argue that the FargoDome, with 19,000 people indoors and a rivalry game for the Dakota Marker is probably pretty comparable. I've been there for SDSU/NDSU games, and it's as loud as the Metrodome in there when the crowd gets cranked up in that relatively small space.

Houndawg
November 27th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Only being brought up because we were seeded (1), and, as you correctly stated, there is no way ya'll are the 16th rated team ... point being, this matchup should not have happened until at least the quarters (IMO), as I feel you are a top 8 team.

The committee must have felt some guilt and gave the teams that should have been seeded above the Griz easier games...xlolx

Griz40
November 27th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I just hope we win! The banter among these threads this year seems more harsh than other years. Got the game on ESPN Gameplan so I am looking forward to watching on tv rather than the internet tomorrow!

ncbears
November 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Go to Grizcentral.com and click on the banner...much better than bigskytvxnodx

That didn't work on my Mac last time I tried.

mlbowl
November 27th, 2009, 07:21 PM
That didn't work on my Mac last time I tried.

Oh...well Bigskytv will have it.

Pantherpower
November 28th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Here's hoping SDSU brings along the killer rabbit of Caerbannog (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)xcoolx Go MVFC! Go Jacks!!

EllsworthGriz
November 28th, 2009, 08:07 AM

I have to agree, SDSU is going to handle the crowd noise fine. If the griz fans of yesterday show up and start yelling it might be something to hear. Either I lost some of my hearing from all the games or it just seems lacking of late. The noise is still good but it use to be something you had to experience. You could just feel it everywhere through your body. Sure long for those days and hope we can get back to that environment. Hope to meet some of you SDSU fans and have a beer. GO GRIZ

Poker Alan
November 28th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Oh...well Bigskytv will have it.

Just read in the Missoulian, it is only streaming on KPAX.com

Grizzaholic
November 28th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I have to agree, SDSU is going to handle the crowd noise fine. If the griz fans of yesterday show up and start yelling it might be something to hear. Either I lost some of my hearing from all the games or it just seems lacking of late. The noise is still good but it use to be something you had to experience. You could just feel it everywhere through your body. Sure long for those days and hope we can get back to that environment. Hope to meet some of you SDSU fans and have a beer. GO GRIZ

Apparently you were not at the Weber St. game. Loudest I have ever been at in the stadium.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 10:47 AM
There's a stream here; http://www.kpax.com/Global/category.asp?C=84452&nav=menu562_7_1

The game inches closer, man I'm excited!

Poker Alan
November 28th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Getting ready to head to the tailgates here shortly... should be a good time, good game. Sunshine abounds in Missoula right now, probably about 30 degrees or so. Here is to a good game, and hopefully a Griz victory!

veinup
November 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM
aye! Up with Montana boys!

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Alright, let's do this! Go Jacks!

RabidRabbit
November 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Hangin with App St fans in ATL, and ready to watch Rabbits run on the Griz.

GO JACKS!

Game is set to KO NOW.

RabidRabbit
November 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Jacks KO to Griz,

Jacks stop Maranara at 19.

Griz - apologize for any spelling errors.

RabidRabbit
November 28th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Minett two runs for first down

Then 3 and punt..

RabidRabbit
November 28th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Griz with two 1st down to 38. Penalty on Griz for a loss of 15.

3rd and 25.

Jacks playing the good D today.

Punt to Jacks.

OB @ 34.

Jacks start there.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Video feed isn't going so well for me. :( I did see enough to know our D is playing strong, but this is no good.

UNH Fanboi
November 28th, 2009, 01:27 PM
7 - 0 Jackrabbits! Where is everybody??

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Ahh, fixed it :) All is well.

NDSUFREAK
November 28th, 2009, 01:31 PM
its a fumble!!

UNH Fanboi
November 28th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Wow. Montana fumbles on their own 11.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Jacks up 14-0! Wooo!

NDSUFREAK
November 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM
yea this defense for the jacks is playing lights out

uofmman1122
November 28th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Well, looks like one team showed up today. xnonono2x

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Jacks driving again. 3rd and 1 at the Griz 41.

StrikeJMU
November 28th, 2009, 01:40 PM
:)

UNHWildCats
November 28th, 2009, 01:46 PM
GO RABBITS

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Minett racking up yards today, got 8 on his last carry. Good looking drive for the Jacks so far, at the Griz 26.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
4th and 5 at the Griz 18. Going for the FG. It's good! Jacks up 17-0. 14:00 2nd Q.

jmc_jackrabbit
November 28th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Jackrabbits dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Easy running for Minett when his lineman have pushed the D-line back four or five yards. That's been pretty much the difference so far... that and our defense.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Montana starts at their 40. Hopefully they make nothing of it.

EDIT: Sack! Back to their 33.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Griz have 3rd and 17 at their 33.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 28th, 2009, 01:52 PM
The Mighty Wa-Griz looking like a teddy bear.

3E9App
November 28th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Jacks are playing amazing today! Hope they keep it up!

SDSUJacks
4th and 5. Jack D is playing awesome today!

jmc_jackrabbit
So far, Montana has NOT been a very physical team. That all could change, of course. They have good players. But we're dominating them physically.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
3rd and 8. Montana got some good run stops. Now 4th down and we punt.

Dblue
November 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Has Gardy Kahoe scored for the Jacks today? Go Jacks!

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Griz have excellent field position. 2nd and 8 at the Jacks 38.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Jacks D came up big again! Interception!

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Wow still 14-0??...Final Villanova 38 Holy Cross 28

panther84
November 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Just started watching the game. WOW - Great job Jacks!

uofmman1122
INT Montana!!!!

skinny_uncle
Somewhere I hear an "Overrated!" chant.
xwhistlex

panther84
November 28th, 2009, 02:04 PM
ooops - Hope I didn't jinx you :-0

SDSUJacks
Gahh! Griz get the pick. Now they are down to our 2. Looks like the Griz will cash in here.

Pards Rule
Jacks up, 17-0

3E9App
Somewhere I hear an "Overrated!" chant.
xwhistlex

xlolxxlolxxlolx

darell1976
Go Jacks!!!!! Us Dakotan's are cheering for ya.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
TD Griz. They cut the lead to 17-7.

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Halftime Richmond 13 Elon 3

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Jacks fumble, Griz recover. Can you say meltdown?

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Griz score again! SDSU lead down to 17-14 now. Ugghhhh!

gbhmt
November 28th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Haha you call a badly thrown pick and stupid fumble by UM "big plays by Jacks D" and then a pick and sack turned fumble "a meltdown"?xlolx

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Good return by the Jacks, followed up by a good run by Minett. Now at the Griz 30.

appstate38
November 28th, 2009, 02:15 PM
The Griz are awake now it seems.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Haha you call a badly thrown pick and stupid fumble by UM "big plays by Jacks D" and then a pick and sack turned fumble "a meltdown"?xlolx

What would you like me to call it, super happy fun time?

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Jacks inside the Griz 8 now. Minett doing work on this drive.

gbhmt
November 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
What would you like me to call it, super happy fun time?

Some acknowledgement of the fact that the UM D can in fact play as well. xcoffeex

On another note, every other text from my brother at the game has been about how god-awful the refs are.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM
2nd and goal at the 5. C'mon Jacks, get it in! TD Jacks! Back up 24-14!

ncbears
November 28th, 2009, 02:18 PM
TD. Nice way to respond. WoW.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Some acknowledgement of the fact that the UM D can in fact play as well. xcoffeex

On another note, every other text from my brother at the game has been about how god-awful the refs are.

I'll give you that. You made some good adjustments to what we we're doing and made some plays. Just kind of frustrating that we had back-to-back turnovers after such a great start.

darell1976
November 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Good job SDSU!!

SiouxFallsJack
November 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM

It's amazing how every team we beat says the exact same thing about the officiating. xbawlingx

gbhmt
November 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
It's amazing how every team we beat says the exact same thing about the officiating. xbawlingx

I'm sorry, I didn't know it was illegal to tackle a player by HIS JERSEY.xsmhx

uofmman1122
November 28th, 2009, 02:22 PM
It's amazing how every team we beat says the exact same thing about the officiating. xbawlingxWe've been making a lot of dumb mistakes, but these officials have been far from stellar.

uofmman1122
November 28th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Wow....Nice job, Andrew. xnonono2x

mango43
November 28th, 2009, 02:23 PM

His hand was inside the pads.

SDSUJacks
Jacks get the pick and return it to the 1! Woo!

panther84
Jacks dominating!

CharlestonAppFan
score?

appstate38
Watching game streaming on KPAX for those who are interested

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
TD Jacks! SDSU up 31-14!

gbhmt
Why is Selle even in the game at this point? Another pick straight to a defender.

uofmman1122
TD Jacks. xnonono2x

14- 31

appstate38
TD JACKS!

SiouxFallsJack

It looked to me he had is right hand grabbed inside the shoulder pads.

ncbears
November 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Why is Selle even in the game at this point? Another pick straight to a defender.

doesn't their other qb have a concussion?

BisonBohl
goooooooooooooo jacks!

BisonBohl
link for stream?

gbhmt
November 28th, 2009, 02:26 PM
doesn't their other qb have a concussion?

No. He's already played a series this game.

NDSUFREAK
Lets go South Dakota St!!!

SDSUJacks
http://www.kpax.com/global/category.asp?C=93760

Click on watch it live banner.

B-TownJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM

You would think that the great Montana team this year wouldn't need to be blaming the refs at this point in the game.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Montana fumbles, Jacks get it! Wooo!!!

gbhmt
November 28th, 2009, 02:28 PM
GET HIM OUT OF THE GAME

uofmman1122
Great season, boys.

Looks like we choke again. xnonono2x

93henfan
Rough day for the Big Fluff.

ncbears
November 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM

when does EW play?

uofmman1122
November 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Just heard the suicide help line commercial...

I might need it. xlolx xbawlingx

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
3rd and 7 at the Griz 23.

NDSUFREAK
November 28th, 2009, 02:31 PM
when does EW play?

they are playing now...down 10-3 against SFA

skinny_uncle
Still first half?
Quite a shootout.

Aho_Old_Guy

when does EW play?

Ouch.

At least you guys didn't play the Stink Bowl.

wapiti
The Griz cannot blame the refs for this game. The Griz that played Idaho State are playing today. Too many turnovers by the Griz.

SDSUJacks
Wow, nice hit by Thompson. 4th down for the Jacks, going for the FG.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
It's good! Jacks up 34-14.

theasushow
wow this is a really good video feed. doesnt freeze or anything,xnodx

SiouxFallsJack
Wow, nice hit by Thompson. 4th down for the Jacks, going for the FG.

That was a monster hit!

darell1976
November 28th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Hey SDSU can we borrow your offense today.

wapiti
The Jackrabbits are playing a good game.

Who would have thought???? A rabbit beating up a Grizzly.

ncbears
they are playing now...down 10-3 against SFA

damn...c'mon bigsky!

uofmman1122
November 28th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Urgh....We're a second half team....Let's prove it.

bpcats
November 28th, 2009, 02:35 PM
It doesn't surprise me that SDSU is giving UM fits. Their offense is a lot like EWU in that it is very efficient in its passing game. Their running back is a lot like Reynolds, and their defense is unspectacular but very solid.

UM can't get out of their own way. They win all their conference games because they don't make mistakes but that is not happening today.

skinny_uncle
Looking like a bad day for the Big Sky.

siuham
Keep it up Jacks.

mango43
November 28th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Urgh....We're a second half team....Let's prove it.

So are we :D

B-TownJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Looking like a bad day for the Big Sky.

But they can hang their hats on the fact tha they got three teams in.

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Rabbits taking a knee to close out the 1st. Halftime.

SDSU 34
Montana 14

Turnovers have been the story so far. 2 by the Jackrabbits, 4 by the Grizzlies.

panther84
November 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Great half Jacks. Keep it up!

Dblue
November 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM

Shouldn't kickem while they're down:(

BisonBohl
November 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM
keep pouring it on JACKS!

UNIFanSince1983
November 28th, 2009, 02:41 PM
They way its looking the 7-4 MVFC team should have made it before a 7-4 BSC team xwhistlex

But in reality I am very surprised by this game. I have not watched, but I would not have guess the Jacks could get 34 points in the first half especially at Wa-Griz.

Keep it up MVFC!!!

GoAgs72
Great half, Jackrabbits. I have said all year that Montana is beatable but no one has been able to pull it off. I think you have an excellent chance.

uofmman1122
Griz need several miracles. And I'm pissed that I have to go to work. xmadx

Let's turn it around guys. xthumbsupx

93henfan
November 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Shouldn't kickem while they're down:(

Yeah, because they never kick us when we're down. xrolleyesx

jmc_jackrabbit
November 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Hauck's genius wisdom: Don't turn it over.

Hey, Bobby. How about: Win at the point of attack.

Montana hasn't done that at all so far. SDSU is dominating at the line of scrimmage.

105 yards for Montana.
195 for SDSU, including 108 by Kyle Minett.

0 yards rushing for Montana.

veinup
November 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Holy crap. Crazy first half for the Jackrabbits. Hang in there Griz. xsmhx

JacksFan06
November 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM
SDSU has the best defense in the FCS, as long as they don't have any stupid turnovers they should be able to hold on.xnodx

theasushow
November 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM
hmm reminds me of Wofford a couple years ago....

KUlawJack
November 28th, 2009, 02:45 PM
SDSU is just crushing Montana up front. Couple that with the Jacks making the plays and getting the turnovers and this is a great effort by the Jacks.

Montana might have 14 points, but they barely have that in total offensive yards I think.

I sure hope the Jacks don't go into a shell and play not to lose in the second half. Need to keep running the ball. Minnett has something like 25 carries already.

Dblue
November 28th, 2009, 02:46 PM
They way its looking the 7-4 MVFC team should have made it before a 7-4 BSC team xwhistlex

...Or a 6-5 CAA team, and I don't mean Delawarexnodx

IABison
November 28th, 2009, 02:46 PM
It seems like every fan on AGS sans griz fans are rooting for the jacks.

Interesting...

B-TownJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:50 PM
It seems like every fan on AGS sans griz fans are rooting for the jacks.

Interesting...

Leading up to the game I couldn't go to a SDSU-Montana board without seeing the Grizz throwing their weight around. It is nice to see one here today that is void of them. Didn't think that it would be a game thread, but oh well.

Dblue
SDSU has the best defense in the FCS, as long as they don't have any stupid turnovers they should be able to hold on.xnodx

I'm not too sure about that. I really like your team, don't get me wrong, but Richmond and William & Mary can bring it. Maybe you'll meet up later.

darell1976

Every conference should have at least 1 team in the playoffs.xsmiley_wix

TribeinDC
GO SDSU!!!!

JMUNJ08
November 28th, 2009, 02:53 PM

I know who you are talking about!xnodx

Where is this big bad Montana team????

TribeinDC
November 28th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Is this game on tv? Anywhere online?

darell1976
I know who you are talking about!xnodx

Where is this big bad Montana team????

Hopefully Montana plays like this when we play them next season.:D

panther84
www.kpax.com

B-TownJacks
November 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I'm not too sure about that. I really like your team, don't get me wrong, but Richmond and William & Mary can bring it. Maybe you'll meet up later.

The Jacks defense is good against the pass. They sometimes struggle with a mobile QB. From what limited things I have seen from the defenses you mentioned they are very good as well. I sure hope that we will be able to compare them on the field and not on paper! That would mean we get by the first round.

TribeinDC
November 28th, 2009, 02:56 PM
www.kpax.com

thnx