PDA

View Full Version : 1st round TV games

appstate38
November 23rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
I saw where the App/SCSU game will be televised. Is there any other games that will get some air time this weekend? Or should I depend on channelsurfing.net?

NHwildEcat
November 23rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
I saw where the App/SCSU game will be televised. Is there any other games that will get some air time this weekend? Or should I depend on channelsurfing.net?

I don't think any other games are on TV...unfortunately.

Sir William
November 23rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
I saw where the App/SCSU game will be televised.

Yep...on ESPNU at noon Saturday.

andy7171
November 23rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Isn't there a Friday game this year?

TexasTerror
November 23rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Other games could get picked up in some form or fashion by local media outlets.

Wish SLC TV would step up and televise one of the SLC games, preferably the SFA-EWU game.

grizzpaw
November 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
the griz vs sdsu will air on kpax(www.kpax.com) and is much better than bigsky.tv just in case some people want to/need to watch over the webxrotatehx

GolfingGriz
November 23rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
the griz vs sdsu will air on kpax(www.kpax.com) and is much better than bigsky.tv just in case some people want to/need to watch over the webxrotatehx

Really? KPAX sucks. I watched the end of the EWU NAU game on bigskytv and didnt think it was that bad. If Grady Bennett does the Color then I can stand watching it, but if anyone else does its horrible.

Thankfully I'll be watching in person so its not that big of a deal.

biggie
November 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
Isn't there a Friday game this year?
Normally only Friday game is one of the Semifinal games and Championship of course. '07 they did the DSU/Del game on Friday 1st round so ESPN could show it.

19Duke97
November 23rd, 2009, 08:19 PM

This decision does not surprise me at all, but I think it's unfortunate as W&M and WSU is the most interesting matchup. I would go as far to say that most on this board would prefer the second game over the first.

GolfingGriz
November 23rd, 2009, 08:23 PM
This decision does not surprise me at all, but I think it's unfortunate as W&M and WSU is the most interesting matchup. I would go as far to say that most on this board would prefer the second game over the first.

True, but Weber State and William and Mary are not "big names." People around the country that don't follow the FCS as closely will want to see Armanti play. This game will assure ESPN the best ratings on a national basis.

jus10asu
November 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately there are only like 5 people who actually get ESPNU

MacThor
November 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Is there a Friday night game this year?

biggie
November 23rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
All DirecTV customers get it for free now.

Philliesfan980
The Comcast Network / Comcast SportsNet has been a big supporter of CAA football this year. I hope they'll continue the trend and televise the Villanova or the UNH game this week. If history is an indication, they might even televise both.

biggie
Is there a Friday night game this year?
Not until the Semifinals.

The Moody1
November 23rd, 2009, 08:55 PM

46 million > 5. :D

ASUG8
November 23rd, 2009, 09:05 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think it's flattering that they chose the ASU game to televise. That being said, I think there are arguably some better matchups out there (no disrespect intended to SCSU - it should be a very solid game xprayx). I plan to be in Boone anyway, but it would be nice to catch some of the other contenders this season - I haven't seen a game outside the SoCon this season, and it would be nice to check out some of the immovable object known as the CAA or catch Montana. xtwocentsx

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
The Comcast Network / Comcast SportsNet has been a big supporter of CAA football this year. I hope they'll continue the trend and televise the Villanova or the UNH game this week. If history is an indication, they might even televise both.

Yes; I'd be very surprised if Nova is not televised. However, I don't think they were last year. I hope so too... I want to go to their games, but will be away this weekend (but still in CAA/Comcast region).

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2009, 09:28 PM
After seeing the "playoff selection show", I doubt ESPN exercises their option to pick up any other FCS games.
xbangx

Philliesfan980
November 23rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
Yes; I'd be very surprised if Nova is not televised. However, I don't think they were last year. I hope so too... I want to go to their games, but will be away this weekend (but still in CAA/Comcast region).

It's strange when a network decides to cover the entire regular season, but then drops off entirely for playoff coverage, but that's what they did last year.

It's almost like they have these contracts for the regular season set in place well far in advance, and the television teams aren't mobile enough to set something up in a few days.

It's really confusing as to what the underlying reason is. I mean, it would certainly generate better ratings than another Tony Little infomercial, or whatever they would play on the CSN2 network.

NHwildEcat
November 23rd, 2009, 10:03 PM
All DirecTV customers get it for free now.

As do all Comcast Digital customers.

Poker Alan
November 23rd, 2009, 10:09 PM

This would seem to be true only if you are in the dark times still being provided your tv signals via cable, and not satellite.

Eight Legger
November 23rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
As do all Comcast Digital customers.

Not in Richmond we don't, sadly.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
If memory serves me right, ESPN owns all the national broadcast rights to the playoff games on TV. Their agreement is that they will broadcast one first round game, all the second-round, semifinals and championship games on ESPN/2/U/360.

A first round game can be broadcast locally - I think - if someone wants to foot the bill. In Montana this may work since their stations are owned by a Griz-loving consortium and they can actually make money on the deal. At Villanova, no so much.

Last year, the NCAA broadcast the Villanova game online (video), and I'm guessing they will do the same this year. It would be up to the individual school or conference, I'm guessing.

I don't know if BigskyTV.org or SLC Now will cover one, or either, game. But only the Griz game would get announcers or the like - the rest are likely to get video board feeds and a radio call most likely.

My early guess on the TV for the games:

Holy Cross/Nova: CBS College Sports XXL (channelsurfing)
SCSU/App: ESPNU (channelsurfing)
SDSU/Montana: KPAX (channelsurfing)
EWU/SFA: ??? (maybe no TV)
UNH/McNeese: SLC Now/Cowboy Insider? (channelsurfing)
EIU/SIU: Mediacom? (maybe no TV)
Weber State/W&M: ??? (maybe no TV)
Elon/Richmond: CBS College Sports XXL (channelsurfing)

IMPORTANT NOTE: I do not know that these games are on CBS College Sports XXL for sure yet. So these should not be set in stone by any means.

onbison09
November 23rd, 2009, 10:25 PM

Is that free?

ElonAlum
November 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
I think that its piss poor that ESPN doesnt cover hardly any games. I have Directv and my ESPNU isnt even HD so it looks like crap!

Guess ill have to make the hour long drive to Richmond to watch us play :D

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2009, 10:48 PM
Is that free?

Yeah. On gameday just go to grizcentral.com and there will be a banner at the top that you can click on to get a live feed.