PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Confirms End Of Football

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2009, 11:12 AM
Following an extensive review process, Northeastern University has elected to discontinue its intercollegiate football program. The decision is consistent with the university’s strategic approach to prioritize programs and invest in signature strengths.

“Our goal for athletics is to achieve sustainable excellence in all areas,” said Athletic Director Peter Roby, who made the initial recommendation, which received the strong support of the university administration, the president, and the Board of Trustees. In an open letter (http://www.northeastern.edu/news/announcements) to the Northeastern community, Roby continued, “We do not define success merely through wins and losses. Instead, we recognize that success comes from creating a positive student-athlete experience. The primary motivation for this decision was based on the significant obstacles to providing this experience for our football players.”

Roby added that Northeastern students will continue to participate in 18 different intercollegiate sports, more than 40 club sports, and hundreds of intramural teams. Recent successes include post-season play in basketball and hockey, and championships in women’s volleyball and soccer. The university opened this year’s basketball and hockey seasons in the newly renovated Matthews Arena to record crowds.

http://www.northeastern.edu/news/stories/2009/11/football.html

Go...gate
November 23rd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Peter Roby is a Harvard grad, no?

JMUNJ08
November 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Much respect for HuskyAlum and the players. Sad to see you go. Decided to provide a little more love....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
What a bunch of baloney.

What should have really been said?

"With the mounting travel costs of the CAA - and competitiveness - we were too feckless to try to compete. Really, all we care about is our basketball program - and hey, did you notice we were in the NCAA tournament? - and even though we're not going to have a regional rivalry with George Mason and VCU anytime soon in hoops, well, their RPI is better than the NEC or Patriot League, so that was a non-starter.

"In the end, we're quitters. We're really simply quitting on our football players since we can't compete in the toughest FCS conference in the country. But rather than come up with good options to cut costs and accommodate all sports, we're going to sacrifice the football team so we can continue our great rivalries with Drexel."

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 11:23 AM

Dartmouth.

He coached hoops at Harvard.

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
What a bunch of baloney.

What should have really been said?

"With the mounting travel costs of the CAA - and competitiveness - we were too feckless to try to compete. Really, all we care about is our basketball program - and hey, did you notice we were in the NCAA tournament? - and even though we're not going to have a regional rivalry with George Mason and VCU anytime soon in hoops, well, their RPI is better than the NEC or Patriot League, so that was a non-starter.

"In the end, we're quitters. We're really simply quitting on our football players since we can't compete in the toughest FCS conference in the country. But rather than come up with good options to cut costs and accommodate all sports, we're going to sacrifice the football team so we can continue our great rivalries with Drexel."

Basketball?

Hockey. We're a hockey school.

Now that it's official, I can't comment on the inner workings as I was one of the alumni involved in the two plus year decision making process.

I support the move 100%. I wish we could continue the program, but it wasn't feasible.

Love Roby or hate him, the decision has been made.

I stand behind the decision, and truly believe we will have a stronger athletic program in the CAA as a result.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Basketball?

Hockey.

But hockey's not a CAA sport. Unfortunately, like so many other schools (and conferences), basketball rules.

GeeWiz
November 23rd, 2009, 11:32 AM

Dartmouth

Jackman
November 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
I know these are semi-fighting words, and I really don't mean to offend Northeastern fans during a time of grief, but as a hockey school without football, you've pretty much become Boston University II.

Does continuing membership in the CAA make sense for Northeastern without football? It's a better basketball conference than America East, but if it continues to be a 1-bid conference and NU basketball continues not to generate much fan interest, what's the point of all the extra travel?

I'm surprised Northeastern didn't stick it out one more year to see if they could get into the Patriot League if the scholarship vote fails. They'll never be considered without football.

putter
November 23rd, 2009, 12:11 PM
More likely - the money we can save by cutting the football program (nobody really came to the games to generate any revenue) will allow us to move forward putting money into programs that don't require that large of an investment.

DFW HOYA
November 23rd, 2009, 05:35 PM
More likely - the money we can save by cutting the football program (nobody really came to the games to generate any revenue) will allow us to move forward putting money into programs that don't require that large of an investment.

Don't believe it one minute.

Every school that drops football tells the faithful they'll reinvest it in greatness and it never happens. It buys a few more administrators and a few more company cars, nothing more.

What happened to the money? Where's the great Boston University basketball team? Anyone heard from Fairfield lately after they saved all its money? How about the national attention gained at Canisius or or Santa Clara? These schools' athletic programs have disappeared off the national map.

Would Northeastern used the same PC language if they were getting rid of an academic department?

"Our student athletes learn valuable lessons outside the classroom—about perseverance, teamwork and personal achievement. We continue to focus on excellence in athletics as an integral component to enhancing the student experience.” xthumbsdownx

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 06:45 PM
Would Northeastern used the same PC language if they were getting rid of an academic department?

"Our student athletes learn valuable lessons outside the classroom—about perseverance, teamwork and personal achievement. We continue to focus on excellence in athletics as an integral component to enhancing the student experience.” xthumbsdownx

Yes, we got rid of our College of Criminal Justice this past year and the logic was nearly identical. I supported the elimination of the CCJ and I support the move to drop football. Without an on campus facility, the current model wasn't working.

I'd argue Boston University has a much stronger athletic program - across the board since it dropped football.

Their basketball team struggled the last 2-3 years, but not having the albatross of football allowed them to sign Dennis Wolff to a 10 year deal at a price that kept him at BU for a long time (some may argue too long), and it allowed them to pay and keep their assistants longer than most schools in the America East. Their women's sports teams have also had much better success in the decade after football.

henfan
November 23rd, 2009, 08:00 PM
Husky Alum, my sincere condolensces. I know this was a Sophie's Choice situation for you and all involved. I've got to side with Hoya on this one, however. Evidence for greater Olympic sport success on the backs of eliminating FB just doesn't exist.

BU is now losing money on MBB and hasn't won a conference championship since '03/'04. They had a period of relative dominance immediately after HU, UD & TU left but, after acclaimating, the newer AEC entries seem to have caught up to the Terriers.

I wish NU lots of luck in CAA Olympic sport play, assuming they will be in the CAA longterm. They continue to remain competitive, I'm sure. I just have no hope that dropping FB is going to springboard the Huskies to even success in other sports. That's an empty hope, IMO.

I have very fond and not so fond memories of Parsons Field. For sure I won't soon forget any of them.

Ivytalk
November 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Condolences, Husky Alum. You've always been a stand-up guy. It's a shame we won't be able to renew that "city rivalry" that we had several years back. We always have the Beanpot, I guess!

I hope you keep on posting.xpeacexxbowx

ccd494
November 23rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
BU is now losing money on MBB and hasn't won a conference championship since '03/'04. They had a period of relative dominance immediately after HU, UD & TU left but, after acclaimating, the newer AEC entries seem to have caught up to the Terriers.

This is a false argument. BU hasn't won the league since then because they didn't sell their soul to take in troubled major conference washouts like Binghamton and UMBC. This has proven to be intelligent, as Binghamton's implosion showed. I think ALL teams in the AE will make better decisions as it comes to transfers, which will allow the cream (BU, UVM) to re-rise to the top.

CollegeSportsInfo
November 23rd, 2009, 11:04 PM
Don't believe it one minute.

Every school that drops football tells the faithful they'll reinvest it in greatness and it never happens. It buys a few more administrators and a few more company cars, nothing more.

What happened to the money? Where's the great Boston University basketball team? Anyone heard from Fairfield lately after they saved all its money? How about the national attention gained at Canisius or or Santa Clara? These schools' athletic programs have disappeared off the national map.

Perhaps is NU had downgraded I'd agree with you. But we continue to see the positives when moves like this happen. Look no further than nearby Boston University. They drop football and the wasteful ways and sure enough, less than a decade alter they have an updated arena for hockey and basketball, the schools REVENUE sports.

Dane96
November 23rd, 2009, 11:07 PM
Your argument is false as well; BU's updated arena is from the pockets of John Hancock. Without their dollars that Arena does not happen. Additionally, as Husky Alum will attest to, BU's value is near junk bond status because of that arena.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
Your argument is false as well; BU's updated arena is from the pockets of John Hancock. Without their dollars that Arena does not happen. Additionally, as Husky Alum will attest to, BU's value is near junk bond status because of that arena.

Named after a star BU football player, who later played baseball for the Red Sox. Thought I'd add that final twist of irony to that.

The truth is that Silber didn't drop football because of some grand master plan to make BU athletics great once again: He just hated the sport. Period. BU was a pretty good team, but Silber didn't like small-college football and he made any excuse to pull the plug.

The arena discussion is interesting, but to say the arena was the reason BU dropped football is false.

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
Husky Alum, my sincere condolensces. I know this was a Sophie's Choice situation for you and all involved. I've got to side with Hoya on this one, however. Evidence for greater Olympic sport success on the backs of eliminating FB just doesn't exist.

I wish NU lots of luck in CAA Olympic sport play, assuming they will be in the CAA longterm. They continue to remain competitive, I'm sure. I just have no hope that dropping FB is going to springboard the Huskies to even success in other sports. That's an empty hope, IMO.

I have very fond and not so fond memories of Parsons Field. For sure I won't soon forget any of them.

Thanks Henfan, I never did make it down to the Tub - it's on my list, don't worry.

We'll be better off long term. It sucks not ever having won a game at the Tub or at W&M, but it was something that needed to be done.

Mickey Matthews is probably doing back flips right now that he doesn't have to come to Parsons again.

I think we'll be in the CAA as long as the CAA will have us - I don't know what the Southern Tier thinks now, and that's the big mystery.

Our Olympic Sports have always made chicken salad out of chicken scraps. Men's and women's soccer have had great CAA success without the full complement of scholarships or funding, so we'll see what we can do with a full deck of schollies.

End of the day, we were an embarrassment to the CAA Football Conference in terms of commitment and facilities - we were impotent when it came to facilities, so the commitment never followed - it was a death spiral that accelerated when the CAA Football conference entered a facilities arms race.

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 11:13 PM

Agganis Arena was built before Hancock's commitment, but the bonds are pricing at a nice 15% coupon - a lovely piece of any investment portfolio.

I think they're doing a refi soon because of Hancock's commitment, but the Unpaid Palace (As we call it at NU) was a "Go" before the money was raised.

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 11:15 PM
Condolences, Husky Alum. You've always been a stand-up guy. It's a shame we won't be able to renew that "city rivalry" that we had several years back. We always have the Beanpot, I guess!

I hope you keep on posting.xpeacexxbowx

If y'all think I'm leaving this board, you're crazy. I'm going to root for my new adopted team(s) and hopefully can keep my vote in the AGS Poll.

Dane96
November 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM
My bad...always thought that without Hancock...that thing would have failed. Didnt realize it came AFTER construction.

henfan
November 24th, 2009, 12:18 AM
BU hasn't won the league since then because they didn't sell their soul to take in troubled major conference washouts like Binghamton and UMBC. This has proven to be intelligent, as Binghamton's implosion showed. I think ALL teams in the AE will make better decisions as it comes to transfers, which will allow the cream (BU, UVM) to re-rise to the top.

A comment which again calls into question the AEC's decision-making ability. Don't disagree that the AEC has made some very poor membership choices but it remains to be seen if BU is going to ever be a dominant force within the AEC. Certainly, at this point though, the elimination hasn't resulted in a stellar or even stronger BU MBB program. The last few years have been lean, which had little if anything to do with the AEC renegades.

Go...gate
November 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM
If y'all think I'm leaving this board, you're crazy. I'm going to root for my new adopted team(s) and hopefully can keep my vote in the AGS Poll.

Sounds good. :)

ccd494
November 24th, 2009, 12:32 AM
A comment which again calls into question the AEC's decision-making ability. Don't disagree that the AEC has made some very poor membership choices but it remains to be seen if BU is going to ever be a dominant force within the AEC. Certainly, at this point though, the elimination hasn't resulted in a stellar or even stronger BU MBB program. The last few years have been lean, which had little if anything to do with the AEC renegades.

I still disagree. BU and UVM are the only two teams in the AEC who have been able to finish near the top of the conference, with no fluctuation. Neither has relied on someone getting thrown out of Rutgers or Syracuse in order to succeed- in fact both keep losing players to Big East level schools. They are building the right way, not taking shortcuts. Additionally, I don't think BU could have bought out Wolff if they were still losing money on football.

I also don't put the issues AE basketball has had on membership choices: the SUNYs are all in new arenas and near the top of the league in basketball attendance. Just because Binghamton made a terrible hire and took in some risky transfers doesn't mean the league should have foreseen that coming. The AE coaches as a whole showed what they thought of that with their All-AE votes last year, and I think that the conference will get back to building around 4 year players as a whole from here out.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 24th, 2009, 01:48 AM
A very sad day for me as I know Husky Fan and have had the pleasure of participating in his wonderful tailgate. I am a richer man for my experiences at Parsons! xnodx xbowx xbowx

I am going to miss the trips to Boston to attend NU games, but have a lot of fantastic memories. Some simple ones like taking a trolley to a college football game, some painful (the two point conversion in OT), some special (experiencing Boston on the day of the victory parade for the Red Sox World Series win and UNH pulling a game out of their arse on the same day in 2004 as well as bringing my niece to her first tailgate and college football game in 2008), etc. But mostly I have good memories of sharing a little time with a guy who is as dedicated to his alma mater as I am to mine, a guy who out travels me. A guy who despite having a losing team many years still loyally traveled around the country to watch his team and was consistently found near that back fence at Parsons cooking up something special!!! I've been in many a more impressive stadium, but rarely have I had a better experience than the 2008 NU-UNH game. Football in the Northeast is quite a bit poorer this morning! :( :( :(

Footballer31
November 24th, 2009, 02:21 AM
I think we can expect to lose a team a year from here on out. Now that times are tough, everyone is pointing to sports as the reason their tuition keeps going up. Presidents who don't absolutley love football have their easy out built in now.

What is sad about this, is I hear Rhode Island might not be far behind.

henfan
November 24th, 2009, 02:50 AM
I still disagree. BU and UVM are the only two teams in the AEC who have been able to finish near the top of the conference, with no fluctuation.

With all due respect, that's not saying much. BU's modest conference records since '04 ('08 was the exception) is evidence that they've not exactly jettisoned ahead of everyone, despite having dropped FB. 9-7, 11-5, 9-7, 8-8, 9-7 and no first place finishes are fine, but hardly remarkable.

Of course the SUNY schools were good adds. But I'd wait for UBing to begin playing by NCAA rules before making any proclaimations about what a good addition they've been. Right now UBing's AD looks like a bannana republic.

I still maintain that the BU community is not better off for having dropped FB. I'm not a BU alumn, so what do I know? I do know that I'm going to miss NU as much, if not more so, than BU. As UNH Alum suggested, a very sad day for FCS FB in the Northeast.

HoyaMetanoia
November 24th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Despite DFW's assurances, I can't believe that it's implausible to see this happening to Georgetown eventually.

Husky Alum
November 24th, 2009, 03:01 AM
A very sad day for me as I know Husky Fan and have had the pleasure of participating in his wonderful tailgate. I am a richer man for my experiences at Parsons! xnodx xbowx xbowx

I am going to miss the trips to Boston to attend NU games, but have a lot of fantastic memories. Some simple ones like taking a trolley to a college football game, some painful (the two point conversion in OT), some special (experiencing Boston on the day of the victory parade for the Red Sox World Series win and UNH pulling a game out of their arse on the same day in 2004 as well as bringing my niece to her first tailgate and college football game in 2008), etc. But mostly I have good memories of sharing a little time with a guy who is as dedicated to his alma mater as I am to mine, a guy who out travels me. A guy who despite having a losing team many years still loyally traveled around the country to watch his team and was consistently found near that back fence at Parsons cooking up something special!!! I've been in many a more impressive stadium, but rarely have I had a better experience than the 2008 NU-UNH game. Football in the Northeast is quite a bit poorer this morning! :( :( :(

UNH Alum - you did something that NU dropping football didn't do - made me shed a tear. But that's a good thing - when all is said and done, all we have are the memories, and I'm glad that the 2008 UNH game was so memorable for you.

NU Football introduced me to guys like you and Tribe, and D96, and Henfan, and countless others I've met in my travels (I apologize for not mentioning you by name). I would have loved to have met the guys from Colgate and CCSU as the years went on - and I'm sure over time I will.

Pains me to think that I won't be scheduling work meetings in Minneapolis to make a road game at North Dakota State, or in Pittsburgh to get to Youngstown, or the quadrennial visit to Williamsburg to get my dose of Colonial America.

Those are the things i'll miss.

I'll miss the annual making of the jambalaya for homecoming - something I did every year but this past year and 2004 when my daughter was in the hospital on homecoming (during the Sox Parade - as UNH Alum reminds me).

I'll miss wondering if this is the year we'll finally win at UMass - alas we never will.

I'll miss waking up at 7 am on a crisp fall morning, packing the car, driving to Parsons, knowing not many of us will be there, but still setting up for a tailgate, feeding the students who came by, the cops who patrolled the area, and anyone who wanted a burger, a dog, some chicken or a beverage.

We'll get over it in time, but it's those little things I'll miss.

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2009, 03:04 AM
UNH Alum - you did something that NU dropping football didn't do - made me shed a tear. But that's a good thing - when all is said and done, all we have are the memories, and I'm glad that the 2008 UNH game was so memorable for you.

NU Football introduced me to guys like you and Tribe, and D96, and Henfan, and countless others I've met in my travels (I apologize for not mentioning you by name). I would have loved to have met the guys from Colgate and CCSU as the years went on - and I'm sure over time I will.

Pains me to think that I won't be scheduling work meetings in Minneapolis to make a road game at North Dakota State, or in Pittsburgh to get to Youngstown, or the quadrennial visit to Williamsburg to get my dose of Colonial America.

I'll miss the annual making of the jambalaya for homecoming - something I did every year but this past year and 2004 when my daughter was in the hospital on homecoming (during the Sox Parade - as UNH Alum reminds me).

I'll miss wondering if this is the year we'll finally win at UMass - alas we never will.

I'll miss waking up at 7 am on a crisp fall morning, packing the car, driving to Parsons, knowing not many of us will be there, but still setting up for a tailgate, feeding the students who came by, the cops who patrolled the area, and anyone who wanted a burger, a dog, some chicken or a beverage.

If A&T decides to do something like this, I will be beyond pissed!

onbison09
November 24th, 2009, 03:04 AM

I'm sad for you guys. Also sad for Rocky. Maybe he'll come to NDSU and coach special teams. I don't think it's possible to do worse. Bisonville can only hope.

Husky Alum
November 24th, 2009, 03:08 AM
I'm sad for you guys. Also sad for Rocky. Maybe he'll come to NDSU and coach special teams. I don't think it's possible to do worse. Bisonville can only hope.

He's a fine man, and a gentleman. It's been my pleasure to have met Rocky Hager the past few years. When we played at NDSU a few years ago, I heard a bazillion Rocky stories and they all were favorable.

I hope he goes back to Fargo next year and once again represents NDSU with the pride he represented us.

We didn't win a lot when he was here, but we never had problems with our kids - on and off the field.

mizzoufan1
November 24th, 2009, 05:40 AM
My xtwocentsx

I think this is just the beginning for football in the northeast...From a Midwestern point of view, dropping football is akin to giving up on your future. Looking at who has dropped football over the last few years, especially in the northeast, I would be worried about your program next if your in that territory.

Personal opinion here...northeastern area football has never been high on the radar from what I have seen and with fewer opportunities for kids to play up there, I would hazard to guess that more high schools will be dropping the sport as well. I may be wrong here but My guess that when the next major conference realignment occurs, Football will be a major factor. If you have it, you'll be in a good position to stay in D-I, if you don't start looking to D-II or D-III (see Centenary and/or New Orleans as examples). That may not be completly true with tradition and the like affecting things but I would be nervous if you are a small state or private school and can't "afford" football.

ASU_Fanatic
November 24th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Dang, that sucks for yaw, I couldn't imagine not having football.

BDKJMU
November 24th, 2009, 07:10 AM
NU was in Title IX compliance, right? So now with eliminating football, unless all of that $ is plowed back into other mens' sports or some womens' teams are eliminated, would NU be out of Title IX compliance (not enough funding and percent of the athletes being men)?

That would be interesting.....

Bull Fan
November 24th, 2009, 07:26 AM

Hearing this perspective really drives home the sadness I feel for another program lost... the faithful who invest their fall Saturdays (really, it becomes a lifestyle....) are the ones who suffer hardest. I am in no way diminishing the loss the players or the football alum will go through, since they lose their "home", but how many on a regular basis attend games over the years.

I can only try and think of Hofstra closing down the shop (...and really, it's not that unthinkable....). I've invested just about two decades of my life following the program since Uncle Buck strapped it up for the Dutch back in '90. I'm not even a Hofstra alum, but it's my team. If that ever went away, the sudden vacuum would throw me for a loop.

For all the Husky faithful shedding tears tonight, you've got everyone's sympathy....

superman7515
November 24th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Will the student athletes be able to continue on at another program without giving up eligibility?

Go...gate
November 24th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Hearing this perspective really drives home the sadness I feel for another program lost... the faithful who invest their fall Saturdays (really, it becomes a lifestyle....) are the ones who suffer hardest. I am in no way diminishing the loss the players or the football alum will go through, since they lose their "home", but how many on a regular basis attend games over the years.

I can only try and think of Hofstra closing down the shop (...and really, it's not that unthinkable....). I've invested just about two decades of my life following the program since Uncle Buck strapped it up for the Dutch back in '90. I'm not even a Hofstra alum, but it's my team. If that ever went away, the sudden vacuum would throw me for a loop.

For all the Husky faithful shedding tears tonight, you've got everyone's sympathy....

Well said in every way.

superman7515
November 24th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I'm surprised Northeastern didn't stick it out one more year to see if they could get into the Patriot League if the scholarship vote fails. They'll never be considered without football.

So if the vote fails, Fordham to the CAA? It's been discussed before when the issue of scholarships was first brought up. Thoughts?

Go...gate
November 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM
So if the vote fails, Fordham to the CAA? It's been discussed before when the issue of scholarships was first brought up. Thoughts?

IMHO, yes and the PL will be in deep doo-doo. :(

Husky4Life
November 27th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I couldn't join this forum fast enough. I am a Northeastern football alum and am very saddened to hear the news. This is like losing a family member, it's just awful.

Go...gate
November 27th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Welcome to AGS!!

Husky4Life
November 27th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks! Happy to find this page, unfortunately found it searching for news of my program's demise. I will say one of the best days of my life was when we lifted that A10 Championship Trophy after beating JMU in November of 2002. I'll never forget that day. There were nearly 10,000 fans overflowing Parson's Field that day. I'll always be an FCS fan, now I guess I'll just swear my allegiance to the CAA as a whole.

GeeWiz
November 27th, 2009, 11:25 PM
We got more press for discontinuing the program than we did playing our games ...

http://wbztv.com/video/[email protected]

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Sports/2009/11/23/Northeastern-abruptly-cuts/1259018317.html

This video clip has highlights from our big win over JMU to clinch the A-10 Championship in '02

http://wn.whdh.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=4325868&h1=Northeastern%20cancels%20football&vt1=v&at1=Sport&d1=127134&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&fvCatNo=&backgroundImageURL=&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www1.whdh.com/news/articles/sports/BO130296/&rnd=97232921

AggieRX
November 28th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Sorry to see the demise of the program, enjoyed our home and home 07-08.

Bogus Megapardus
November 28th, 2009, 07:19 AM
We got more press for discontinuing the program than we did playing our games ...

It's like a going out of business sale, or a Barbara Streisand farewell tour. Northeastern should discontinue its football program every year!

Go...gate
November 29th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Still can't help wondering who our AD will get to replace them for that four-year series.

Husky Alum
November 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Fordham - if they go to the CAA would you be opposed to playing them?