PDA

View Full Version : HULA anyone??

TXST_CAT
December 21st, 2005, 01:36 AM
Two of TXST finest will get another chance to battle it out in the Hula Bowl. I just wanted to know if there will be any other Div I-AA representation.

Aloha
Evans, Nealy selected to play in Hula Bowl

Oct. 6, 2005

SAN MARCOS - Texas State University defensive lineman Fred Evans and quarterback Barrick Nealy have received and accepted invitations to play in next year's Hula Bowl Hawaii.

This 2006 Hula Bowl is set for Saturday, Jan. 21 in Honolulu's Aloha Stadium and will be broadcast by ESPN as well as Westwood One - CBS Radio.

Auburn's Tommy Tuberville and Washington's Tyrone Willingham will lead the 2006 East and West teams.

The Hula Bowl has launched the professional careers of countless football greats. NFL scouts and personnel directors are an integral part of Hula Bowl Hawaii festival attending practices, observing future NFL talent and hosting special football drills, tests and evaluations for the participating college seniors.

http://txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100605aaa.html

ASU Kep
December 21st, 2005, 01:47 AM
Don't think any App players will be making the trip, but you can't find a roster for the damn thing.

colonel84
December 21st, 2005, 07:58 AM
does the coach of the NC team still get to go as a coach? Used to be that the Head coach of the champ in each NCAA division went as an asst. coach.

TexasTerror
December 21st, 2005, 08:06 AM
does the coach of the NC team still get to go as a coach? Used to be that the Head coach of the champ in each NCAA division went as an asst. coach.

Coaches for the east have been announced. West coaches have not. I'm assuming the format has changed some...

East
HC: Tommy Tuberville, Auburn University
Skip Holtz, East Carolina University
Scot Dapp, Moravian College
Dick Tomey, San Jose State

West
Tyrone Willingham, University of Washington

GoGuins
December 21st, 2005, 08:42 AM
YSU WR Kyle Smith will be there

YSU release (http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/2005/smithhulabowl.htm)

grizband
December 21st, 2005, 09:59 AM
I saw a list on AGS somewhere that said Travis Lulay would be one of the QBs there.