View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week 13

TexasTerror
November 22nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 40-20 (16-12 SLC)
Total: 126-56 (49-34 SLC)

North Dakota @ Central Arkansas - The battle of transitionals! UCA has had success in such affairs, winning the transitional 'national title' in volleyball a year ago, right? I like UCA at Estes, especially out of conference. Estes is a tough place to play and UCA is treating this as a postseason game of sorts. Conque did well in his last trip to the postseason and UCA will do well here. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Eastern Washington @ Stephen F. Austin - What kind of game is Jeremy Moses going to have? Will he be the one we have seen for most of this year or relapse into the one he used to be? Eastern Washington had a really bad experience in their last game against a SLC team (SHSU, 2004). One would think that the Lumberjacks will have quite the crowd and while the next game if they win will be a big challenge, the SLC should fare better at home, than on the road against the Big Sky. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

New Hampshire @ McNeese State - Can someone get a weather forecast and let us know how how it is going to be? It is a shame that the game is not going to be at night, because the atmosphere at McNeese is probably better than most, if not all game atmospheres that UNH is used to playing in CAA. The Pokes have had some playoff problems as of late, but I do like what they bring to the table, especially against a CAA team at home. McNEESE STATE

msupokes1
November 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
[b]TT's Predictions
Eastern Washington had a really bad experience in their last game against a SLC team (SHSU, 2004).

They beat McNeese pretty bad in 2007.

BEAR
November 23rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
The UCA/North Dakota game is the

TRANSITION BOWL!

xnodxxlolxxlolxxlolx

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 23rd, 2009, 09:22 AM
North Dakota vs. Central Arkansas--cool "regular season" matchup to end the year. The Bears are better than their record shows (as is evident by their FBS win). Plus, think the ND defense will have trouble with the RB running attack. I'll take UCA by 15, 28-13.xthumbsupx

Eastern Washington vs SFA--Sorry to say this, my SLC brethren, but I fear this one will be a blowout. Eastern has been playing VERY well lately (home & road). Also, SFA's offense--a unit that was so powerful before conference--has seemingly sputtered through the defense-lacking SLC. Hope I'm wrong, but I got EWU by at least 21, I'll say 35-14.xthumbsdownx

New Hampshire vs McNeese St.--Interesting game. I see McNeese pulling out a nice win for the SLC. I just think with a balanced ball-control offense, experience in the key positions for McNeese (QB and RB), an improving defense, and a good ol fashioned home playoff game in The Hole will be more than enough to take down the Cats. However, it will be close as NH also has a buttload of playoff experience in the coaching positions. But I've got McNeese by 3, 24-21.

McNeese75
November 23rd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Pretty much a Homer here xlolx
UCA
SFA
McNeese

TexasTerror
November 28th, 2009, 06:12 PM
A 1-2 week for me.

Will hope for the best with SFA advancing to the next round!

McNeese75
November 28th, 2009, 10:54 PM
A 1-2 week for me.

Will hope for the best with SFA advancing to the next round!

same sucky 1-2 here as well. Good luck Jacks!!

GeauxLions94
November 29th, 2009, 12:44 PM
North Dakota vs. Central Arkansas--cool "regular season" matchup to end the year. The Bears are better than their record shows (as is evident by their FBS win). Plus, think the ND defense will have trouble with the RB running attack. I'll take UCA by 15, 28-13.xthumbsupx

Eastern Washington vs SFA--Sorry to say this, my SLC brethren, but I fear this one will be a blowout. Eastern has been playing VERY well lately (home & road). Also, SFA's offense--a unit that was so powerful before conference--has seemingly sputtered through the defense-lacking SLC. Hope I'm wrong, but I got EWU by at least 21, I'll say 35-14.xthumbsdownx

New Hampshire vs McNeese St.--Interesting game. I see McNeese pulling out a nice win for the SLC. I just think with a balanced ball-control offense, experience in the key positions for McNeese (QB and RB), an improving defense, and a good ol fashioned home playoff game in The Hole will be more than enough to take down the Cats. However, it will be close as NH also has a buttload of playoff experience in the coaching positions. But I've got McNeese by 3, 24-21.

Note to self, don't go with TxState_GO_CATS! on picks ... wait, I would have picked the same. Oh crap xoopsx