PDA

View Full Version : ESPN News Selection Show!!!

100%GRIZ
November 22nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
Was that a joke or what??? First off it is scheduled for 3pm eastern then doesn't happen til 3:17pm eastern. Then if they could get through it any faster I would be amazed!!! Just got a feeling the Big Boys are controlling all this (can't stand anyone honing in on their parade)!!! Remember when we had a full half hour for the selection show, highlights were shown of at least half the field!!! Teams were shown live as they were announced!!! Let us step backward to the way it was!!!

seattlespider
November 22nd, 2009, 08:17 PM
It was absolutely pathetic. I actually went to a bar to go watch it, as I don't get ESPN NEWS. One of the worst productions I've ever seen. They also got the brackets wrong!

TexasTerror
November 22nd, 2009, 08:18 PM
I turned it off after 10 minutes.

Was aggravated and figured I could get the bracket relatively shortly thereafter. Do not recall it being this bad a situation in the past.

seattlespider
November 22nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
Here's a link to that POS, if you can stand watching it again.

http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48484&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500&ATCLID=204838535

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Here's a link to that POS, if you can stand watching it again.

http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48484&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500&ATCLID=204838535
lol Villanova the CAA Champions out of the North Division... Their only loss was to New Hampshire who they could face in the second round... "that bodes worth watching"

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
Was that a joke or what??? First off it is scheduled for 3pm eastern then doesn't happen til 3:17pm eastern. Then if they could get through it any faster I would be amazed!!! Just got a feeling the Big Boys are controlling all this (can't stand anyone honing in on their parade)!!! Remember when we had a full half hour for the selection show, highlights were shown of at least half the field!!! Teams were shown live as they were announced!!! Let us step backward to the way it was!!!

Completely agree, that was weak **** from Linda Cohen xcoolx

I Bleed Purple
November 23rd, 2009, 08:36 AM
Yeah, it was bad. Not sure I blame Kohn, though. Not her fault ESPN dropped the ball.

JSU02
November 23rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Wow, that was painful.xeekxxnonono2x

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
SIU fans weren't sure who they were playing until about 15 minutes after the show. The announcer said EIU, but the graphic behind here said Weber.

whoanellie
November 23rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
yea who wanted to see Charlie Weiss cry on his news confrence.....it's not like he was coaching at Georgia Southern?xhurrayx

Saint3333
November 23rd, 2009, 09:19 AM
The FCS is the step child of the NCAA, they don't care. Beach Soccer, Pro Bowling, and Women's Volleyball were more important...

Guess that shows us where we stand.

TTUEagles
November 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
That was not a Selection Show, it was a short blurb about the playoff brackets. Quite dissapointing! xsmhx

tandemlax
November 23rd, 2009, 09:59 AM
Everyone @ the W&M selection gathering was both happy to see our team as a host and terribly confused as to who we were playing. I'm not sure if anyone cared whether we got E. Ill or Weber, but the uncertainty was bizzare. Can you imagine the outcry if cbs screwed up the march madness selection show?

KiddBrewer
November 23rd, 2009, 11:12 AM
wow, that really did suck. glad i didnt go watch it at a bar or anythingxsmhx

seattlespider
November 23rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
wow, that really did suck. glad i didnt go watch it at a bar or anythingxsmhx

I did. $14 I'll never see again. Maybe I should bill ESPN...xthumbsdownx

BlackNGold
November 23rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
I did. $14 I'll never see again. Maybe I should bill ESPN...xthumbsdownx

Yep, went to the Selection show shown on Campus, with the Players, Coaches, Fans, other Students, etc.....

VERY VERY Disappointing ... ALSO When will people learn how to say Appalachian Correctly????xflamemadx

ElonAlum
November 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
F*** ESPN! They have the WORST announcers and WORST coverage. Beach soccer and BOWLING???? WOW......just pathetic. Lou Holtz as an announcer is the BIGGEST joke yet. Whenever he opens up his mouth i feel like hes gonna spit right through the TV!

Selection show?? When i had it on i gave up at 3:08 and turned it off thinking i had the wrong time. Im tired of seeing the SAME Charlie Weis/Rich Rod sob fest and the GAYtor/Bama nut swinging on ESPN.

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2009, 11:55 AM
Yep, went to the Selection show shown on Campus, with the Players, Coaches, Fans, other Students, etc.....

VERY VERY Disappointing ... ALSO When will people learn how to say Appalachian Correctly????xflamemadx
I asked on here a couple years ago and was mocked xthumbsdownx

inpsite1919
November 23rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
Well I don't think you can really call that a show maybe a snippet (News Flash), because if you blinked or got up from your chair for a second it was over.

MacThor
November 24th, 2009, 01:34 AM
If that's the best they can do, I'd rather have the CSN (college sporting news, not Comcast) guys tape a show out of somebody's basement and webcast it.

HLNgriz
November 24th, 2009, 01:42 AM
I asked on here a couple years ago and was mocked xthumbsdownx

You have to have a few missing teeth to say it rightxsmiley_wix

This is the time for the "powers at be" step up and tell espn to do a good show or just release the brackets and call it good.

Eight Legger
November 24th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Here's what I don't get. I consider myself a decently knowledgeable sports fan, and if you give me the name of a school anywhere in the country, I can probably tell you something about where it is, what sports it's historically known for, etc. And I don't WORK for ESPN.

So why is it that the people who DO work for ESPN act like they have never heard of FCS teams and that we've been playing the past 3 months in an underground bomb shelter?

I also don't understand why they go to the trouble of broadcasting the last three rounds, when they don't promote the games at all leading up to them and basically act like they hope no one watches. If they don't care, fine. But in that case, why waste your money sending crews to the games? Just pull the plug! Let another network like Versus, who probably would hype the hell out of things, have a crack at it instead.

kdinva
November 24th, 2009, 02:47 AM
F*** ESPN! They have the WORST announcers and WORST coverage. Beach soccer and BOWLING???? WOW......just pathetic. Lou Holtz as an announcer is the BIGGEST joke yet. Whenever he opens up his mouth i feel like hes gonna spit right through the TV!

Selection show?? When i had it on i gave up at 3:08 and turned it off thinking i had the wrong time. Im tired of seeing the SAME Charlie Weis/Rich Rod sob fest and the GAYtor/Bama nut swinging on ESPN.
Holtz is a Notre Dame apologist (since Beano Cook can't speak with his 14 chinsxlolx), still thinks ND will go to the Sugar bowl.........don't forget ESPN's award-winning coverage of folks playing cardsxboringx.

kdinva
November 24th, 2009, 02:51 AM
So why is it that the people who DO work for ESPN act like they have never heard of FCS teams and that we've been playing the past 3 months in an underground bomb shelter?

Well, you'd think App. St. beating Michgan, UR beating Dook (twice), W&M over UVa, Villanova beating a 7-2 Temple team, New Hampshire beating a couple of 1-A's recently, UC-Davis beating Stanford in '06, and on and on andxsmileyclapx........would have awakened their "experts" (and I don't mean Rodney Gilmore).

ElonAlum
November 24th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Good god......dont get my started with that pocker bull s***!

I feel like every day ESPN shows hours of weird dudes with sunglasses on inside playing a BORING card game!

JMUNJ08
November 24th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Good god......dont get my started with that pocker bull s***!

I feel like every day ESPN shows hours of weird dudes with sunglasses on inside playing a BORING card game!

The game is exciting...when your drinking and with your buds. Give it up ESPN!xviolinx

Why not stop trying to be diverse and realize what your good at? Football, basketball, baseball, hockey and the xgames...

Note: I can't stand watching ESPN baseball games and the NHL has 1 analyst who gets 5 minutes to go over the ENTIRE league. Dicky V gets TOO much air time and the football coverage (as we know) is greatly lacking.

What do they do good? Sportscenter (The commercials for it).

colorless raider
November 24th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Well, you'd think App. St. beating Michgan, UR beating Dook (twice), W&M over UVa, Villanova beating a 7-2 Temple team, New Hampshire beating a couple of 1-A's recently, UC-Davis beating Stanford in '06, and on and on andxsmileyclapx........would have awakened their "experts" (and I don't mean Rodney Gilmore).

Oligopolies don't like to talk about competition. Congress should do something constructive for a change and investigate constraints put on FCS.

DG Cowboy
November 24th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Kinda like, "Oh, by the way sports fans, the FCS playoffs start sometime this month. Let's see if we can give you a rundown on most of the games before we go to break."