PDA

View Full Version : NO props for 11-0

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
I've yet to see one poster here give any props what-so-ever for Montana's 11-0 season. It includes 5 wins over teams in the top 26 Sagarin Rankings. But no, you would think it was 11-0 against the Pioneer and MEAC. Thanks for nuthin'.

Don't do it now. It will not be accepted as genuine. xcoffeex

smcwildcat
November 22nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
I respect you guys ....11-0 is very hard to do

ToTheLeft
November 22nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
http://treesflowersbirds.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/211_kleenex.jpg

Poker Alan
November 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
I've yet to see one poster here give any props what-so-ever for Montana's 11-0 season. It includes 5 wins over teams in the top 26 Sagarin Rankings. But no, you would think it was 11-0 against the Pioneer and MEAC. Thanks for nuthin'.

You expected different?

WMTribe90
November 22nd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Come on, everybody on here agrees Montana is a NC contender and sure fire top 3 seed, probably 1 or 2. I really fail to see where this qualifies as a lack of respect. Take away the DII win and Montana has 10 DI wins, same as UR, VU and SIU. VU and UR have FBS wins, Montana does not. I haven't seen anybody heaping praise on SIU, UR and VU either for great seasons, and their resumes are on par with Montana. Of course I don't see any of their fans complaining over a lack of respect either.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Montana is an overlooked team and that will work to their advantage. They are going to be the "CAA slayer" team of this year.

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Don't want to be heaped with praise. But I'll guarantee you if a CAA, MVC, or Sothern team had gone 11-0 there would have been a thread. With Montana not one comment in any thread i could find giving congratulations. Hmmm..... makes you wonder about the East Coast Myth that good football is only played THERE.xconfusedx

93henfan
November 22nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
Go undefeated in your next four games and then all due praise will be heaped on you. That's all that matters in a subdivision with playoffs.

Tribe07
November 22nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
The only playoff bound CAA team Montana will beat this year is maybe UNH. And obviously that is only my opinion, but it will be very interesting to see how well UM does against the class of the CAA.

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2009, 10:50 AM
The only playoff bound CAA team Montana will beat this year is maybe UNH. And obviously that is only my opinion, but it will be very interesting to see how well UM does against the class of the CAA.

You'll eat those words.

putter
November 22nd, 2009, 10:54 AM

Sounds familiar to last year. Heck Villanova's coach even said that Montana would get rolled @ JMU and if the Griz played them it would be a slam dunk...and don't throw "Richmond being the 3rd place team" because last I checked the Spiders beat AE, UNI and the Griz so they were playing pretty well.

Tribe07
November 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
Haha we'll see. I mean I think the name of this thread is absurd so I had to come in and make sure that there was at least someone hating on Montana. No one doubts that Montana is legit and a fantastic team this year. Looking forward to seeing the east vs. the west.

WrenFGun
November 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
You'll eat those words.

I am going to save this post.

mlbowl
November 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
Of course I don't see any of their fans complaining over a lack of respect either.

Why would they???...they are all ranked above the Grizxpeacex...That being said, I think this is going to be the strongest playoff field EVER

nevadagriz
November 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Ronbo it is better to keep quit and let the teams play. The griz players and coaches don't need a fat drunk guy from the east to heap praise on them.
You look bad when you make these type of posts.
Also don't feed this CAA hype machine it is out of control and gives the bad teams in the conference like UD and JMU something to hang on to even though their fans have nothing to cheer about.:Dxlolx:)xwhistlex

J/k i have a ton of respect for those two teamsxthumbsupx

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
We win we drop.
We win and the team above us loses we stay put and the team below jumps us.

What's that all about? making it to the NC the year before and not losing and you get punished.

I've seen this posted here a hundred times. Until they lose I won't drop them referring to Richmond, App. State and others.

But for Montana there is a double standard. It's screwed up.

WMTribe90
November 22nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Some montana fans have such a complex. Like a insecure girlfriend that needs constant reassurance that "they're pretty as the other girls".

You guys will be seeded, that is the respect you have earned. Any of the seeds that want more respect/adulation will have a chance to earn it starting next week.

...and no, those pants don't make you look fat.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Some montana fans have such a complex. Like a insecure girlfriend that needs constant reassurance that "they're pretty as the other girls".

You guys will be seeded, that is the respect you have earned. Any of the seeds that want more respect/adulation will have a chance to earn it starting next week.

Who is wearing pants? It' Sunday morning! :D

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah tell me about it, why would we get a complex here. A team goes 11-0 and the only mention of them is a thread titled "Montana's schedule hurts them." You people pretty much "take the cake" a nice way of saying suck.

JALMOND
November 22nd, 2009, 11:22 AM

You can have my crying towel, as soon as I'm done with it.xlolxxnodxxsmiley_wix

I didn't give any props. I thought it was assumed. Sorry, I forgot there are a lot of easterners here.

Three thumbs up (xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx)

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2009, 11:24 AM
Don't want to be heaped with praise. But I'll guarantee you if a CAA, MVC, or Sothern team had gone 11-0 there would have been a thread. With Montana not one comment in any thread i could find giving congratulations. Hmmm..... makes you wonder about the East Coast Myth that good football is only played THERE.xconfusedx

Both SIU and Montana were 10-0 vs FCS, but I don't see you giving props to SIU?

WestCoastAggie
November 22nd, 2009, 11:27 AM
Come on, everybody on here agrees Montana is a NC contender and sure fire top 3 seed, probably 1 or 2. I really fail to see where this qualifies as a lack of respect. Take away the DII win and Montana has 10 DI wins, same as UR, VU and SIU. VU and UR have FBS wins, Montana does not. I haven't seen anybody heaping praise on SIU, UR and VU either for great seasons, and their resumes are on par with Montana. Of course I don't see any of their fans complaining over a lack of respect either.

And SCSU is 10-0 against FCS Competition.

xpeacex

ToTheLeft
November 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
And SCSU is 10-0 against FCS Competition.

xpeacex

That's a bit of a stretch.

Poker Alan
November 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
As usual, lets go just prove it on the field, and let any due accolades come, upon completion of the season. The OP is asking the same people for props that have been consistently down on the Griz for at least parts of the season... probably not gonna happen. Someone else made a good point, maybe threads should be made acknowledging the exceptional seasons other top FCS teams had...

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 22nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
As usual, lets go just prove it on the field, and let any due accolades come, upon completion of the season. The OP is asking the same people for props that have been consistently down on the Griz for at least parts of the season... probably not gonna happen. Someone else made a good point, maybe threads should be made acknowledging the exceptional seasons other top FCS teams had...

I was waiting for the field to come out myself. I figured that would be a good time to congratulate teams on their seeds etc and wish them luck.

Grrrrriz
November 22nd, 2009, 11:37 AM

Did you want a cookie, or a pat on the back for being a fan of a winning team? I saw loads of congratulations about the "team of the decade post" And if you don't want to be heaped with praise, why did you make this post? There are plenty of people on here that think Montana fans are whiny a**holes. This doesn't help.

WestCoastAggie
November 22nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
That's a bit of a stretch.

Your point?

ToTheLeft
November 22nd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Your point?

SCSU didn't play competition this year. They beat a bunch of average teams. The word "competition" doesn't describe their schedule.

UNH Fanboi
November 22nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
http://flstudiosamples.com/images/uploads/Jt_cry_me_a_river.jpg

kalm
November 22nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
And just think, 4 weeks ago the BSC was a one bid, Montana was only undefeated because the conference was weak and the Griz play a soft OOC schedule.

Keep in mind Ronbo that for those who make these type of comments, Montana will get less credit than it deserves unless you win your next National Championship or another Big Sky team makes it out of the quarterfinals.

And even then, there will still be some knucklheads.

siuham
November 22nd, 2009, 12:06 PM
Both SIU and Montana were 10-0 vs FCS, but I don't see you giving props to SIU?

SIU's 9-0. (SW Baptist isn't FCS) But yes, the point is there.

Undefeated is undefeated.

Quit your bitching, Montana. It's boring.

Native
November 22nd, 2009, 12:10 PM

Montana has been #1 on my ballot for several weeks. The strength of the Big Sky has been the subject of several threads. Not only me, but several other posters routinely say nice, congratulatory things about the Montana program.

Stop whining. There are already so many Montana "I Love Me" threads, why would any outsiders want to participate in a non-stop UM circle-j**k?!??

WestCoastAggie
SCSU didn't play competition this year. They beat a bunch of average teams. The word "competition" doesn't describe their schedule.

Ok guy, ok. xrolleyesx

crossfire07

wah wah wah

somebody give that boy a bib.

Saint3333
November 22nd, 2009, 12:11 PM
Nice sig, didn't notice it until today. Win the 2009 National Title and then we can debate that.

App Attack
November 22nd, 2009, 12:15 PM

Because of your ridiculously easy schedule, we never know how good or bad Montana really is until the playoffs begin. If you had beaten a I-A team this year, maybe you deserve a pat on the back. A lot of your games seem to be close against terrible teams. Your playoff record the last several years further validates everyone's thinking. You haven't won the playoffs in 8 years. Win the playoff and nothing else matters. You have to earn the respect, not beg for it.

ASU_Fanatic
November 22nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
What FBS team did yaw play again? Oh, thats right yaw didn't play one.

MightyMightyGriz
November 22nd, 2009, 12:17 PM

OMG that is funny! Some may appear insecure which is just for a lack of a better word " frustrated". And thanks for noticing. xsmiley_wix

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
The Big Sky was a stronger conference than many easterner's think. No reason to slam Montana and the Big Sky because of a poster with a chip on his shoulder. xpeacex

GrizNzonecrazy
November 22nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
The problem with multiple BSC teams making a run is that WITHOUT exception.....the two or three that get in and win will either play each other in the second round or another western team (probably a GWC team if not another BSC team) and as Montana is always the best of these western teams they will eventually lose to us. This really hurts us (you would think making yearly playoffs would be a good thing but....) as the easterners will continue to say the west is a one trick pony because no one else ever makes a run....and when we win in the playoffs we are told that "well....even in the playoffs you get the easy schedule as u only have to play sub-par western teams" its the definition of a no win situation for Griz fans....

Tod
November 22nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
Because of your ridiculously easy schedule, we never know how good or bad Montana really is until the playoffs begin. If you had beaten a I-A team this year, maybe you deserve a pat on the back. A lot of your games seem to be close against terrible teams. Your playoff record the last several years further validates everyone's thinking. You haven't won the playoffs in 8 years. Win the playoff and nothing else matters. You have to earn the respect, not beg for it.

Ridiculously easy schedule? Really? Let's see:

Griz OOC - Cal Poly, UC Davis and Western State (D II)

ASU OOC - ECU (Loss), McNeese (Loss), NCCU (win against a team that finished 4-7)

We both won all of our conference games. The Big Sky is ranked higher than the SoCon. I believe the BSC is #2 (last I saw we were behind the Great West, but since WSU crushed Cal Poly and our 4th place Sac. State beat GW champion UC Davis on Saturday, that may not be the case anymore).

Close wins? You needed OT to beat The Citadel and just beat WCU by five points yesterday. Really proud of those wins, are you?

Yeah, we stunk it up against Idaho State. So what? We all slip on occasion. Are you really going to base our entire season on that?

Look, I'm embarrassed that this thread even exists, but spouting off BS like this, well, I just have to correct you.

Tod
November 22nd, 2009, 01:20 PM

So scheduling an FBS team and losing is better than not scheduling one? xlolx

TheValleyRaider
November 22nd, 2009, 01:21 PM
And just think, 4 weeks ago the BSC was a one bid, Montana was only undefeated because the conference was weak and the Griz play a soft OOC schedule.

Eh, that one's still true xwhistlex

th0m
November 22nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
The problem with multiple BSC teams making a run is that WITHOUT exception.....the two or three that get in and win will either play each other in the second round or another western team (probably a GWC team if not another BSC team) and as Montana is always the best of these western teams they will eventually lose to us. This really hurts us (you would think making yearly playoffs would be a good thing but....) as the easterners will continue to say the west is a one trick pony because no one else ever makes a run....and when we win in the playoffs we are told that "well....even in the playoffs you get the easy schedule as u only have to play sub-par western teams" its the definition of a no win situation for Griz fans....

GrizNzonecrazy, do you have a larger version of your avatar picture?

And no this is not to start bashing Griz fans over their love for WaGriz (which is completely justified IMO), it just seems like a sweet picture with the new addition.

mlbowl
November 22nd, 2009, 01:29 PM

What FBS team did yaw lose to again? Oh that's right yaw lost to ECWHO...brilliantxrolleyesx

kalm
November 22nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Eh, that one's still true xwhistlex

Says the guy who's team played 3 Ivies, Monmouth, and Stony Brook OOCxthumbsupx

FCS Go!
November 22nd, 2009, 01:39 PM

Y'all. It's spelled y'all. Are you a carpet bagger?

TheValleyRaider
November 22nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Says the guy who's team played 3 Ivies, Monmouth, and Stony Brook OOCxthumbsupx

Doesn't change the fact that D-II Western State, 6-5 UC Davis and 4-7 Cal Poly isn't impressing anyone xcoffeex

MightyMightyGriz
November 22nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Ridiculously easy schedule? Really? Let's see:

Griz OOC - Cal Poly, UC Davis and Western State (D II)

ASU OOC - ECU (Loss), McNeese (Loss), NCCU (win against a team that finished 4-7)

We both won all of our conference games. The Big Sky is ranked higher than the SoCon. I believe the BSC is #2 (last I saw we were behind the Great West, but since WSU crushed Cal Poly and our 4th place Sac. State beat GW champion UC Davis on Saturday, that may not be the case anymore).

Close wins? You needed OT to beat The Citadel and just beat WCU by five points yesterday. Really proud of those wins, are you?

Yeah, we stunk it up against Idaho State. So what? We all slip on occasion. Are you really going to base our entire season on that?

Look, I'm embarrassed that this thread even exists, but spouting off BS like this, well, I just have to correct you.

NICE!!!!!!!!! Lets not bring up the IDAHO STATE thingy anymore! Stumble Stumble nice save!!!!!! We got the W.

MTGrizzFan
November 22nd, 2009, 04:56 PM
Did you want a cookie, or a pat on the back for being a fan of a winning team? I saw loads of congratulations about the "team of the decade post" And if you don't want to be heaped with praise, why did you make this post? There are plenty of people on here that think Montana fans are whiny a**holes. This doesn't help.

Good post

McNeese75
November 23rd, 2009, 08:17 AM

That sounds like something a wife would say xbawlingx xlolx

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
The playoff record where we make the semi-finals or finals every other year?

B&G
November 23rd, 2009, 08:30 AM
The committee seeded you #1 in the playoffs. There is your respect. If you don't win the National Title, then you choked. Enjoy the playoffs.

GolfingGriz
November 23rd, 2009, 08:44 AM
We got props from the committee with the number one seed. All that matters now is winning. In fact I don't want props for the 11-0 season. I'm not saying that I'm not proud of this team because I am. I just know this team's main goals will be achieved in the playoffs, not at the end of the regular season.

CID1990
November 23rd, 2009, 10:07 AM
If Montana wasn't in Siberia you guys would get more attention. FCS is east-heavy. This isn't new.

paul1978
November 23rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
If Montana wasn't in Siberia you guys would get more attention. FCS is east-heavy. This isn't new.

Siberia????? Isn't that way north east????? xrolleyesx

89Hen
November 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
Don't want to be heaped with praise.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Then why start a thread like this???? xrolleyesx

Gonzo
November 23rd, 2009, 09:08 PM

Montana isn't in Siberia, Siberia is in Montana:p

ASUG8
November 23rd, 2009, 09:11 PM
The committee seeded you #1 in the playoffs. There is your respect. If you don't win the National Title, then you choked. Enjoy the playoffs.

Reppies - win out and you'll get more respect than an undefeated regular season got you. Congrats on your season, but I'd be just as happy with an 8-3 season and a NC under my belt.

proasu89
November 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes of my life on this thread. Could have walked the dog, cleaned the gutters, raked the lawn, cleaned up the grill from Saturday, ran a 5k, so many choices and this is how I spent my time:(

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2009, 10:51 PM
I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes of my life on this thread. Could have walked the dog, cleaned the gutters, raked the lawn, cleaned up the grill from Saturday, ran a 5k, so many choices and this is how I spent my time:(

Don't forget the time you so generously took to post your grievance. xrolleyesx

proasu89
November 23rd, 2009, 10:53 PM
Don't forget the time you so generously took to post your grievance. xrolleyesx

You're welcomexlolx

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
You're welcomexlolx

xthumbsupx