PDA

View Full Version : First team out

19Duke97
November 22nd, 2009, 06:04 AM
Earlier this year EWU was ineligible for the playoffs due to some technicality (I forget what exactly). Well it appears all was worked out, and EWU does appear playoff bound. With all that stated, who do you think they bumped (or will bump?)

Colgate?
UNI?
JMU perhaps?

th0m
November 22nd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Not JMU.

iceman4221
November 22nd, 2009, 07:36 AM
Delaware
James Madison
Hofstra
Maine
UMass
Rhode Island
Northeastern
Towson State

In that order xwhistlex

19Duke97
November 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Delaware
James Madison
Hofstra
Maine
UMass
Rhode Island
Northeastern
Towson State

In that order xwhistlex

Sorry JMU beat UD head to head and finished with a winning record, I see no other issues with your list lol. In all seriousness, I would have say Colgate would have been the next team in (first team out), but not sure they are the next best team. UNI would be my first team out.

93henfan
November 22nd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Neither Delaware nor JMU belong in the playoff discussion, even for the first spot out.

UNI is the team that will get squeezed because of their Week 12 choke. Weber St. will be the last team in.

nmatsen
November 22nd, 2009, 08:01 AM
When I think of the Big Sky getting three teams in I want to remind everyone that three weeks ago in most people eyes (with the exception of the big sky's fans) that the big sky was a one bid league this year. I think that might come from things like Montana State going to OT with a school like South Dakota, a South Dakota team that struggled to keep the game within 60 at the UNI Dome. UNI does not deserve to be in the playoffs, but, if we are going to talk 7-4 teams getting in, you can't leave them them out of the conversation.

ToTheLeft
November 22nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
Last teams out:

1. UNI
2. Liberty
3. Colgate
4. FAMU

ngineer
November 22nd, 2009, 09:19 AM
Earlier this year EWU was ineligible for the playoffs due to some technicality (I forget what exactly). Well it appears all was worked out, and EWU does appear playoff bound. With all that stated, who do you think they bumped (or will bump?)

Colgate?
UNI?
JMU perhaps?

Colgae. UNI bumped themselves and JMU has no shot with it's record.

bcrawf
November 22nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
Weber State...

theasushow
November 22nd, 2009, 10:14 AM

Colgate?
UNI?
JMU perhaps?

?????? JMU finished 4-4 in their conference. They havent been true playoff contenders for the past 2 months, let alone now. I think losing 4 in a row sealed their fate a while back.

iceman4221
November 22nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Last teams out:

1. UNI
2. Liberty
3. Colgate
4. FAMU

I agree with this list, I was being sarcastic in my initial post... xsmiley_wix

I just listed the entire CAA because the conference is so dominant, except when comparing them to the SoCon for number of NC and/or NC appearances all time, of course... xwhistlex

19Duke97
November 22nd, 2009, 10:20 AM
?????? JMU finished 4-4 in their conference. They havent been true playoff contenders for the past 2 months, let alone now. I think losing 4 in a row sealed their fate a while back.

Maybe I should rephrase as best team left out. Technically JMU is/was not eliminated --there is no requirement for 7 wins in D-1. However essentially yes they were eliminated once they lost to W&M.

txstatebobcat
November 22nd, 2009, 10:20 AM
No 7-4 team deserves an at large at the playoffs IMO.

MacThor
November 22nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
I agree with this list, I was being sarcastic in my initial post... xsmiley_wix

I just listed the entire CAA because the conference is so dominant, except when comparing them to the SoCon for number of NC and/or NC appearances all time, of course... xwhistlex

Sorry, I was reading your post while tallying up all of those MEAC national titles, and I lost track....xwhistlex

Saint3333
November 22nd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Last teams out:

1. UNI
2. Liberty
3. Colgate
4. FAMU

And none of them deserve it, but the powers that be want to go to 20 teamsxoopsx.

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
UNI and FAMU

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
When I think of the Big Sky getting three teams in I want to remind everyone that three weeks ago in most people eyes (with the exception of the big sky's fans) that the big sky was a one bid league this year. I think that might come from things like Montana State going to OT with a school like South Dakota, a South Dakota team that struggled to keep the game within 60 at the UNI Dome. UNI does not deserve to be in the playoffs, but, if we are going to talk 7-4 teams getting in, you can't leave them them out of the conversation.There's no reason anyone would put 7-4 UNI in over 7-4 Weber State.

You guys lost to every good team you played, and also lost to a mediocre team. It was "win and you are in" for you guys, and you choked.

WSU will get in over UNI if there is any justice in the world.

WestCoastAggie
November 22nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Sorry, I was reading your post while tallying up all of those MEAC national titles, and I lost track....xwhistlex

We got one! And that's all that matters :o

WestCoastAggie
November 22nd, 2009, 01:07 PM
There's no reason anyone would put 7-4 UNI in over 7-4 Weber State.

You guys lost to every good team you played, and also lost to a mediocre team. It was "win and you are in" for you guys, and you choked.

WSU will get in over UNI if there is any justice in the world.

You all a one bid league until EWU won it's appeal and Northern Iowa gave up their spot to Weber.

MightyMightyGriz
November 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Neither Delaware nor JMU belong in the playoff discussion, even for the first spot out.

UNI is the team that will get squeezed because of their Week 12 choke. Weber St. will be the last team in.

Sorry UNI but this prediction is very good. Weber St. is a great team and hope they get the chance.

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
You all a one bid league until EWU won it's appeal and Northern Iowa gave up their spot to Weber.Awww, darn.

Maybe teams that need to win to make the playoffs should actually do it next time. xcoffeex

Native
November 22nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
When I think of the Big Sky getting three teams in I want to remind everyone that three weeks ago in most people eyes (with the exception of the big sky's fans) that the big sky was a one bid league this year. I think that might come from things like Montana State going to OT with a school like South Dakota, a South Dakota team that struggled to keep the game within 60 at the UNI Dome. UNI does not deserve to be in the playoffs, but, if we are going to talk 7-4 teams getting in, you can't leave them them out of the conversation.

The chips fell graciously for the Big Sky this year. UNI's unexpected mediocre performances against top 25 teams and shocking loss to GPI #40 Illinois State changed all the playoff calculations. It's not "fair" to anyone, but another fumble here, interception there, or missed field goal and the entire post season would have been changed.

For example, if Weber had made only one of two missed field goals against Colorado State, Weber would be 8-3 and never a doubt about making the brackets. The same could be said for UNI and other teams across the country.

That's why you have to play every down of every game. You never know the ultimate consequences.

Native
November 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
No 7-4 team deserves an at large at the playoffs IMO.

Pray tell! Which teams with 8 or more DI wins would you select ahead of teams with 7 DI wins such as Weber, Eastern Washington, or UNI?

An 8-win Florida A&M, with ZERO wins over any team ranked in the GPI top 50, whose best win was over GPI #86 Delaware State by 9 points, and who lost to GPI #85 Hampton by 25 points?

Name the team and make the case.