PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: The Field of Sixteen

CSN-info
November 22nd, 2009, 05:49 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/CSNWay.JPG

The CSN Way: The Field of Sixteen
By Chuck Burton, The CSN Way Columnist

We now know the “known knowns” for the Playoff field of sixteen - the eight autobids. Congratulations to the eight schools that will be practicing on Thanksgiving: Montana (Big Sky), Villanova (CAA), South Carolina State (MEAC), Southern Illinois (Missouri Valley), Eastern Illinois (Ohio Valley), Holy Cross (Patriot), Appalachian State (SoCon) and Stephen F. Austin (Southland).

Here’s one senior columnist’s thoughts about how the at-large, seeds and bracket might play out.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/11/22/the-csn-way-the-field-of-sixteen?blog=5)

Duke Dawg
November 22nd, 2009, 05:59 AM

We now know the “known knowns” for the Playoff field of sixteen - the eight autobids. Congratulations to the eight schools that will be practicing on Thanksgiving: Montana (Big Sky), Villanova (CAA), South Carolina State (MEAC), Southern Illinois (Missouri Valley), Eastern Illinois (Ohio Valley), Holy Cross (Patriot), Appalachian State (SoCon) and Stephen F. Austin (Southland).

Here’s one senior columnist’s thoughts about how the at-large, seeds and bracket might play out.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/11/22/the-csn-way-the-field-of-sixteen?blog=5)

why do writers for a FCS site completely ignore the NCAA mandated geography rule for seeded teams and send South Dakota State to 4th-seeded Richmond when Elon is sitting right there? xconfusedx

19Duke97
November 22nd, 2009, 06:00 AM

Colgate over Weber eh? xeyebrowx
GPI...
14 Weber St BSC 6-4 15.50 66 15 12 23 13 12 12 14 19 19 20
37T Colgate PL 9-2 33.50 202 28 42 38 36 42 44 47 23 22 21

MacThor
November 22nd, 2009, 06:52 AM
why do writers for a FCS site completely ignore the NCAA mandated geography rule for seeded teams and send South Dakota State to 4th-seeded Richmond when Elon is sitting right there? xconfusedx

Well, this writer has Colgate in the field. That "unbalances" the geographic brackets and somebody W has to come E. If Weber St. is in over Colgate, then it's Elon-Richmond.

Tribe4SF
November 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
If Chuck's going to be a national FCS writer, he needs to let go of his PL homerism. This is supposed to be about selecting the best eight teams available to complete the bracket. Colgate is not remotely justifiable for that distinction. When the committee looks at their own power ranking, what could possibly possess them to reach that far down for a sixteenth team?

headdressguy
November 22nd, 2009, 08:15 AM
I assume the Florida A&M in his bracket is supposed to be W&M on the road at Appalachian State. Looks like another vote to send the Tribe to Boone.

Poker Alan
November 22nd, 2009, 08:18 AM
Every time I read one of his articles, I wonder how much salvia he has ingested before writing... really? Colgate?

Wildcat80
November 22nd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Good Grief...hope this guy has nothing to do with picks!!!! nova LOST TO FCS NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!!!!!! he forgot wm in his bracket too. sheesh...why bother. Go UNH!!xeyebrowx

Bogus Megapardus
November 22nd, 2009, 11:29 AM
If Chuck's going to be a national FCS writer, he needs to let go of his PL homerism. This is supposed to be about selecting the best eight teams available to complete the bracket. Colgate is not remotely justifiable for that distinction. When the committee looks at their own power ranking, what could possibly possess them to reach that far down for a sixteenth team?

Wait to you see Nate Eachus run the football. It's fun to watch. Go Colgate!!!

Tribe4SF
November 22nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
Wait to you see Nate Eachus run the football. It's fun to watch. Go Colgate!!!

Please, please Bre'r Fox....don't throw me in the briar patch!

bcrawf
November 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Colgate and FAMU???

FAIL

TheValleyRaider
November 22nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
I'm not saying it's going to happen, or that it should, but some of you need to get over the fact that the committee just might take a 9 win team instead of a 7 win team. SOS is nice, but wins count too

Not saying, just saying....

Tribe07
November 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
That is a godawful article. I'm surprised he named all the autobids accurately. Completely left W&M out of the bracket. FAMU? Not a remote possibility. They lost 25-0 to HAMPTON!

19Duke97
November 22nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
I'm not saying it's going to happen, or that it should, but some of you need to get over the fact that the committee just might take a 9 win team instead of a 7 win team. SOS is nice, but wins count too

Not saying, just saying....

Yes, but...
I'll flip this on you. The PL has come on hard times lately, and really has not shown well in the playoffs, why should they be rewarded with 2 spots? Convince us who are non believers into why they should get a second spot, and it has to be more than "we have more wins". The committee will do the same thing.

WrenFGun
November 22nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
The PL only deserves 1 Bid. Their CHAMPION lost to Brown and Bucknell. It's just not a strong conference this year. If anyone but Weber/EWU get the final two spots it'll be pretty shameful, IMO (and as most of you know, I'm not exactly a BSC apologist).

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Looks like it was fixed... William & Mary is now on the road at App, not FAMU.

He must have been exhausted last night or something.... xsmiley_wix

GreatAppSt
November 22nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
I want UNH to come to Boone.xnodx