PDA

View Full Version : NoBowls.com Final Bracket

Pitz
November 22nd, 2009, 12:54 AM
www.nobowls.com (http://www.nobowls.com)

The field of 16 seems to be on par with the majority opinion on here. I'll be anxiously awaiting the selection show at 3pm (EST) to see if the committee decides to throw any of their classic curve balls.

Poker Alan
November 22nd, 2009, 12:57 AM
Sweet, Weber in the quarters, EWU in the semis...

*(at least, in my wishful thinking)

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2009, 01:06 AM
Sweet, Weber in the quarters, EWU in the semis...

*(at least, in my wishful thinking)I don't want to play either of those teams again. xlolx

09griz
November 22nd, 2009, 03:44 AM
I don't want to play either of those teams again. xlolx

You really are a coward, aren't you?

19Duke97
November 22nd, 2009, 03:44 AM
As much as I agree with the teams, I hate the brackets. It would just stink if all BSC and CAA teams are loaded in one side of the bracket. Way too many reloads from the regular season. Plus how are we supposed to get our all CAA final?

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2009, 04:10 AM
You really are a coward, aren't you?xrolleyesx

Yeah, that's it. I'm a coward because I'd rather not have to play two teams, one of which came into the toughest place in FCS to play and nearly handed us a loss, and the another that has been playing lights out these last few games that's very capable of ending our season.

Not to mention the fact that we beat both of them, and they're both looking for revenge, ala Cal Poly in 2005.

I'm not afraid of playing anyone. If we have to play EWU or WSU, so be it. I have full confidence in our boys to get it done.

You also might try not to be so hostile or vindictive to other posters in your responses, especially those that are fans of the same team as you. xrolleyesx xlolx

AAadict
November 22nd, 2009, 05:21 AM
Because the NCAA loses money on the FCS playoff system (except at a few choice schools maybe) I never thought they would expand the playoffs system from 16 teams. Then someone posted last year that a 20 team playoff system has been approved in the near future. Can anyone confirm this? If so, what year? 2010?

19Duke97
November 22nd, 2009, 05:26 AM
Because the NCAA loses money on the FCS playoff system (except at a few choice schools maybe) I never thought they would expand the playoffs system from 16 teams. Then someone posted last year that a 20 team playoff system has been approved in the near future. Can anyone confirm this? If so, what year? 2010?

Yes it's 20 teams next year with the Big South and NEC getting auto bids I believe.

MacThor
November 22nd, 2009, 06:57 AM
As much as I agree with the teams, I hate the brackets. It would just stink if all BSC and CAA teams are loaded in one side of the bracket. Way too many reloads from the regular season. Plus how are we supposed to get our all CAA final?

I agree. Last year they didn't put the App St. "pod' and the JMU "pod" in the same side (although admittedly the 1 and 2 seeds were pretty clear). I think a Villanova #2, Richmond #4 makes sense. And people are forgetting that there really is NO difference between a #1 and #2 seed, or a #3 and #4.

Both lower-ranked teams have to fly in the semis almost every year.

wr70beh
November 22nd, 2009, 06:59 AM
W&M will host EIU in the first round, per the Daily Press and Tom Yeager's "intuition".

Makes sense. That way Boone can host SC State.

JohnStOnge
November 22nd, 2009, 08:52 AM
Tell you what; if Montana draws South Dakota State in the first round that's going to be one of those things where having a high seed doesn't spare a team from having a very tough national contender opponent in the first round.

Poker Alan
November 22nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Tell you what; if Montana draws South Dakota State in the first round that's going to be one of those things where having a high seed doesn't spare a team from having a very tough national contender opponent in the first round.

And this is really one of the examples of how frustrating the economic aspect of putting this together is... I believe those are both at minimum "Top-8" teams in the country, playing in the first round is a crock.

Houndawg
November 22nd, 2009, 09:21 AM
W&M will host EIU in the first round, per the Daily Press and Tom Yeager's "intuition".

Makes sense. That way Boone can host SC State.

I doubt that will happen with EIU being a bus ride from SIU.

WileECoyote06
November 22nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
And this is really one of the examples of how frustrating the economic aspect of putting this together is... I believe those are both at minimum "Top-8" teams in the country, playing in the first round is a crock.

I saw that. I had Stephen F Austin and South Dakota State switched in my prediction; with SDSU hosting Weber State.

Other than that, I predicted all of these matchups. I don't have them bracketed in the same manner though; but that may be more so because my seeds don't match theirs.

GreatAppSt
November 22nd, 2009, 09:39 AM
I hope the 2 teams from the SoCon are in different brackets.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Whomever draws the Jacks is going to have a very tough game.

Jacks defense is for real.......they will keep them in any game.

Mountaineer#96
November 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
Sad to see Liberty was left out........I took a liking to the Flames this year since they played WVU pretty hard.

appfan2008
November 22nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
I am not a fan of our pod... that looks very tough... w&m, elon and richmond! that is 3 of the top 8 or 9 teams in the country and all bona fide title contenders... brutal

DTSpider
November 22nd, 2009, 10:02 AM
I hope the 2 teams from the SoCon are in different brackets.

I think they will be - at a minimum first matchup could be in the semis. I also think that UR & Nova will be set up on opposite sides as well.

So - I really think that UR hosts Elon in the first round and that the committee will put ASU in the same pod as SIU.

As always...there will be a twist this afternoon.

fltheadgriz
November 22nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
It really stinks that they would load up BSC on one side of the bracket
I would rather see the teams spread throughout the bracket but money talks obviously.

Geaux25
November 22nd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Would Weber State really outbid an AQ Stephen F. Austin for a home game? The Lumberjacks are 9-2 with some solid wins.

Poker Alan
November 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
Would Weber State really outbid an AQ Stephen F. Austin for a home game? The Lumberjacks are 9-2 with some solid wins.

I saw that, too... very interesting, if that occurs...

Poker Alan
November 22nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
I saw that. I had Stephen F Austin and South Dakota State switched in my prediction; with SDSU hosting Weber State.

Other than that, I predicted all of these matchups. I don't have them bracketed in the same manner though; but that may be more so because my seeds don't match theirs.

I like this a bit better, although still very tough matchup.

ToTheLeft
November 22nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Sad to see Liberty was left out........I took a liking to the Flames this year since they played WVU pretty hard.

Thanks... Give us a year. We'll be back in the hunt. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year, and we surprised ourselves by being in the chase for the field of 16.

Pitz
November 22nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
As always...there will be a twist this afternoon.

Get these faces ready: xoopsx xnonono2x xeyebrowx

Saint3333
November 22nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
It really stinks that they would load up BSC on one side of the bracket
I would rather see the teams spread throughout the bracket but money talks obviously.

Agreed regionalization sucks and is mickey mouse. Seed the top 8 at a minimum and let's have a real playoff.

Everyyear there is a semifinal type match up in round one and one team gets a suedo bye to the semis.

crossfire07
November 22nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Everyyear there is a semifinal type match up in round one and one team gets a suedo bye to the semis.

like who?

Saint3333
November 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
If Nova gets HC in round one and then the winner of Elon/SC St. that would be a great draw.

Semifinal matchups in round 1:

JMU @ YSU
JMU @ ASU
This year - likely W&M @ ASU

Aho_Old_Guy
November 22nd, 2009, 01:21 PM
NoBowls bracket = No Way Bracket