PDA

View Full Version : Your at-large bids...

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 21st, 2009, 05:18 PM
CAA:
Richmond
William and Mary
New Hampshire

Southland
McNeese State

SoCon
Elon

Big Sky
Eastern Washington*

MVC
South Dakota State
Northern Iowa*

OVC
Jacksonville State

*If EWU loses then either UNI or EWU will take the last spot. If EWU wins they are a lock and UNI stays home.

[EDIT] - remove Jax State, and replace EWU with Weber xoopsxxoopsx

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 21st, 2009, 05:20 PM
Don't think JAX St. can compete in the playoffs this year...

right?

msupokes1
November 21st, 2009, 05:21 PM
CAA:
Richmond
William and Mary
New Hampshire

Southland
McNeese State

SoCon
Elon

Big Sky
Eastern Washington*

MVC
South Dakota State
Northern Iowa*

OVC
Jacksonville State

*If EWU loses then either UNI or EWU will take the last spot. If EWU wins they are a lock and UNI stays home.

Jack St is ineligible.

seattlespider
November 21st, 2009, 05:24 PM
Replace JSU with Weber State, IMO.

Native
November 21st, 2009, 05:26 PM
CAA:
Richmond
William and Mary
New Hampshire

Southland
McNeese State

SoCon
Elon

Big Sky
Eastern Washington*

MVC
South Dakota State
Northern Iowa*

OVC
Jacksonville State

UNI lost, and a 7-4 UNI is weaker than either a 7-4 Weber or an 8-3 EWU.

Weber gets in, period. UNI's unexpected loss to an unranked team changes everything.

UNI is out unless EWU or McNeese loses, in which case UNI gets the last spot. Otherwise, both Weber and Eastern Washington get at-large bids.

seattlespider
November 21st, 2009, 05:27 PM
UNI is OUT, unless EWU loses.

SoCalAg
November 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
I am very surprised by UNI's collapse this year. Has to be a disappointment from where they were six weeks ago.

seattlespider
November 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
UNI lost, and a 7-4 UNI is weaker than either a 7-4 Weber or an 8-3 EWU.

Weber gets in, period. UNI's unexpected loss to an unranked team changes everything.

UNI is out unless EWU or McNeese loses, in which case UNI gets the last spot. Otherwise, both Weber and Eastern Washington get at-large bids.

I think McNeese is in ahead of UNI even if McNeese loses. Just compare their resume.

McNeese 8-3 (assuming loss): Key Win, ASU
UNI 7-4: Key win, ?????

Waco Kid
November 21st, 2009, 05:30 PM
Looks like Weber St and UNI are fighting it out for the final spot. Weber has 2 FBS loses compared to 1 and they have been winning down the stretch while UNI is limping home.

Who gets a third team in, Big Sky or Gateway?

McNeese is in either way.

SoCalAg
November 21st, 2009, 05:32 PM
GO BSC.....west coast bias!!!!!

FCS Go!
November 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM
Richmond
W&M
New Hampshire
McNeese St
S. Dakota St.
E. Washington
Elon
Colgate

I could see Weber St or even FAMU getting that last spot. I think Weber St is a better team than Colgate but I'm not sure the committee looks at it the same way that I do.

Go...gate
November 21st, 2009, 05:41 PM
I think Colgate is now back in the picture.

paul1978
November 21st, 2009, 05:51 PM
I think Weber St has a good shot of getting in. Two close loses to FBS teams have got to mean something.

Native
November 21st, 2009, 06:13 PM
I think Weber St has a good shot of getting in. Two close loses to FBS teams have got to mean something.

Weber has the strongest schedule by far of the bubble teams, owns a convincing head-to-head road win over Eastern Washington, #11 in the GPI, and finished the season with two consecutive beat-down wins over top 35 GPI teams Northern Arizona (#23) and Cal Poly (#35).

Colgate and FAMU are not even IN the top 35 of the GPI, have no signature wins, have losses to non-top 35 teams, and exytraordinarily weak schedules.

19Duke97
November 21st, 2009, 07:38 PM

Weber should be the last team in IMO over Colgate. But mark this down, as unpopular as it may be 6-5 JMU will be one the best teams left out - period. Should not be there at 6-5, but I think they are now one of the best 16 teams in America (unfor abt 15/or 16). FAMU was out of the discussion when they lost 25-0 to mediocre MEAC team last week.

Bogus Megapardus
November 21st, 2009, 07:49 PM
I think Colgate is now back in the picture.

That would be a very good thing.

Native
November 21st, 2009, 08:17 PM
Looks like Weber St and UNI are fighting it out for the final spot. Weber has 2 FBS loses compared to 1 and they have been winning down the stretch while UNI is limping home.

Who gets a third team in, Big Sky or Gateway?

McNeese is in either way.

Can't make the case for the MVFC getting three teams in.

UNI only played one FBS school, so only one FBS loss, but the Panthers have THREE FCS losses to Weber's two. Today's UNI loss to GPI #40 Illinois State puts them out of the top sixteen.

Native
November 21st, 2009, 08:20 PM
Weber should be the last team in IMO over Colgate. But mark this down, as unpopular as it may be 6-5 JMU will be one the best teams left out - period. Should not be there at 6-5, but I think they are now one of the best 16 teams in America (unfor abt 15/or 16). FAMU was out of the discussion when they lost 25-0 to mediocre MEAC team last week.

Next year's expansion will be a very good thing!

tribe_pride
November 21st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Next year's expansion will be a very good thing!

Really? If the 17-20 bubble teams were winning today, I would agree. But they were not. UNI, Liberty, and Lafayette all lost should have won games today in what could have been make or break games. Last year, Elon and W&M did the same.

This seems to add some mediocre teams and will just lead to worse teams arguing they should have made the playoffs.

Native
November 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM
Really? If the 17-20 bubble teams were winning today, I would agree. But they were not. UNI, Liberty, and Lafayette all lost should have won games today in what could have been make or break games. Last year, Elon and W&M did the same.

This seems to add some mediocre teams and will just lead to worse teams arguing they should have made the playoffs.

Point well taken, but the results of today's games on the last weekend of the regular season proved almost every prognosticator to be wrong.

A single field goal or fumble out of dozens of close games this season would have tilted the results of the playoff picture.

09griz
November 21st, 2009, 11:23 PM
I think the BSC is gonna get EW and Weber in this year. Weber had a very convincing win, and EW was the shoo in should they win. The onus was on Weber, and I think they proved we deserve a second and third playoff spot.

UNI Pike
November 21st, 2009, 11:30 PM
If the Panthers get in over Weber State, I want to see the picture our AD has of people on the committee. We had our chances. Not meant to be.