PDA

View Full Version : has the CAA ever been this close?

art vandelay
November 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
The top four teams of the CAA are as tightly knotted together as I have ever seen with each team either beating or losing to another team by a touchdown or less. wile I have a dog in the fight as a UNH fan I would still admit that it looks like they would be the lesser of the four teams but not by very much if at all.

Anywho I just though it was interesting conversation and will be interesting to see if these teams will perform well in the tournament when they meat with all the other great teams out the as always.

UNH Fanboi
November 21st, 2009, 05:14 PM
Very similar to last year. JMU beat Nova by 4 and Richmond by 7. Nova beat Richmond by 6 and UNH by 11.

art vandelay
November 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM
yeah but no one beat JMU

art vandelay
November 21st, 2009, 05:40 PM
how many of these teams will get through the first round

bullseye44
November 21st, 2009, 05:48 PM

I'd expect to see all 4 get through. For that matter, I'd expect that W&M/Richmond/Villanova end up on the same side of the bracket and eliminate each other, with the prevailing team headed to Chattanooga.

art vandelay
November 21st, 2009, 05:49 PM
Oh god that will strike up some CAA haters

soccerguy315
November 21st, 2009, 08:59 PM
They all have a good chance to get through... obviously if W&M is headed to ASU, that will be some tough sledding, and I would expect ASU to be the favorite.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2009, 09:29 PM

QUESTION IS.......NEW HAMPSHIRE.....WM & MARY...RICHMOND...HAVE ANYTHIN' LEFT.....FO' DUH FIRST WEEK DANCE...xconfusedx......DOODLE-DOO!

'NOVA HAD DUH ONLY LAFFER......BRAWK!

th0m
November 22nd, 2009, 06:30 AM
Oh god that will strike up some CAA haters

I think a balances of haters will be struck with non-CAA people angry that the CAA has an "automatic" into the NC, whereas CAA people would rather see a 2-2 configuration that, in theory, has a larger chance of boiling down to an all-CAA final.

Then again, let's just sit back and enjoy the games. Plenty of stout non-CAA teams out there this year.

Wildcat80
November 22nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
UNH's loss to Umass-the one that got away- kept us from a rightful claim to the CAA title. 2 losses to CAA teams by a total of 9 points. And we have a now experienced OL coming back in 2010. Nice.xnodx

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 22nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
In 2004....JMU, Delaware, and W&M all had one loss in conference.(not sure about the north division) Yes, it's been close before.

DTSpider
November 22nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
in 2001 there was a 4-way tie for the conference title...and I actually think it was W&M that got left out of the playoffs that year.