PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette and Holy Cross

aceinthehole
November 21st, 2009, 04:38 PM
With Central's loss to Wagner, and Albany's loss to Robert Morris, can we finally put to rest how these two teams are on par with the elite teams of the Patriot League this year? Can we, at long last, leave them out of any playoff discussions? Sorry ace, but your arguments you have been making, while good and valid ones, were shattered yesterday.

With Lafayette's loss to Lehigh, and Holy Cross's loss to Bucknell, can we finally put to rest how these two teams are on par with the elite teams of the NEC this year? Can we, at long last, leave them out of any playoff discussions? Sorry crusader, but your arguments you have been making, while good and valid ones, were shattered today.

;) xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

Go...gate
November 21st, 2009, 05:43 PM
With Lafayette's loss to Lehigh, and Holy Cross's loss to Bucknell, can we finally put to rest how these two teams are on par with the elite teams of the NEC this year? Can we, at long last, leave them out of any playoff discussions? Sorry crusader, but your arguments you have been making, while good and valid ones, were shattered today.

;) xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

I agree. Clearly, Colgate deserves an at-large bid. xbeerchugx

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2009, 06:37 PM

;) xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

What are you smoking? Nice Wagner win... oh wait. Go home please.

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM
Just shows the PL is weak this year. It's a 1-bid conference at this point, and no sign of anything better.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Just shows the PL is weak this year. It's a 1-bid conference at this point, and no sign of anything better.

I disagree... not sure how today suddenly makes us a weak conference after we're viewed with strength last week. HC was playing an exhibition game today and the Lehigh game is well, a Lehigh game. Screwy things happen.. to prove my point, when they were going undefeated and winning playoff games, while we were questionig football, they would barely beat us. Colgate's two league losses and ours today negates a bid. If Gate had a signature OOC win, they'd be in. I have no idea how this translate into the PL being on par with the NEC.

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
I disagree... not sure how today suddenly makes us a weak conference after we're viewed with strength last week. HC was playing an exhibition game today and the Lehigh game is well, a Lehigh game. Screwy things happen.. to prove my point, when they were going undefeated and winning playoff games, while we were questionig football, they would barely beat us. Colgate's two league losses and ours today negates a bid. If Gate had a signature OOC win, they'd be in. I have no idea how this translate into the PL being on par with the NEC.

Are you kidding me? HC losing to Bucknell is an "exhibition" loss? What kind of playoff momentum is that?

Bogus Megapardus
November 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
Yes. We can forever and ever put to rest any notion that the Patriot League is on par with the NEC. I question how the use of the terms "elite" and "NEC" in the same sentence is not a non sequitur, but I digress . . .

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Are you kidding me? HC losing to Bucknell is an "exhibition" loss? What kind of playoff momentum is that?

I know, but where is their focus... next week.

hawkineer
November 21st, 2009, 07:09 PM

Better stop or the Laughingatit fans are going to mistake you for a Lehigh fan.xrolleyesx

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2009, 07:16 PM
Better stop or the Laughingatit fans are going to mistake you for a Lehigh fan.xrolleyesx

No just that cawazy rabbit LFN.

Pard 82
November 21st, 2009, 07:29 PM

LC was 4-0 against the IL this year... Oh, that's right, the IL is a 0 bid conference. That explains it. xrolleyesx

carney2
November 21st, 2009, 08:44 PM
After today's results, this should be a zero bid conference.

Bogus Megapardus
November 21st, 2009, 08:49 PM
After today's results, this should be a zero bid conference.

Maybe HC should forgo the AQ?

UAalum72
November 21st, 2009, 10:09 PM
Maybe we can hear more about how good Lehigh and Bucknell is (Bucknell lost to NEC doormat Duquesne) and why Lafayette and Holy Cross are better than CCSU and Albany.

crusader11
November 22nd, 2009, 10:57 AM

;) xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

We are going to the playoffs. You're not. Sorry pal.

Bogus Megapardus
November 22nd, 2009, 11:01 AM

As well you should - and good luck. We'll know who you play this afternoon; anyone's guess after yesterday's wild games!

UAalum72
November 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM

Not that YOU would have if your conference didn't have an autobid

Tunkmaster
November 23rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Latest TSN poll is out. PL teams ranked = 3; IL teams ranked = 1; NEC teams ranked...xnottalkingx