PDA

View Full Version : ODU @ VMI

kdinva
November 19th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I heard that ODU has bought all 2,000 tickets allotted to them.......that hasn't happened at Foster Stadium since Marshall did it 3 or 4 times in the late '80's and 1990's. JMU and Liberty have come close a couple of times, to the best of my memory. Should be a fine atmosphere in Lex. on Saturday.xnodx

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I heard that ODU has bought all 2,000 tickets allotted to them.......that hasn't happened at Foster Stadium since Marshall did it 3 or 4 times in the late '80's and 1990's. JMU and Liberty have come close a couple of times, to the best of my memory. Should be a fine atmosphere in Lex. on Saturday.xnodx

It will be interesting to see how ODU compares vs. a pretty solid VMI team.

kdinva
November 19th, 2009, 03:22 PM
It will be interesting to see how ODU compares vs. a pretty solid VMI team.
...........solid at shooting ourselves in the foot about 5 Saturdays this seasonxoopsx...........we hope this is the week the VMI squad says: "ENOUGH"xhurrayx

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
...........solid at shooting ourselves in the foot about 5 Saturdays this seasonxoopsx...........we hope this is the week the VMI squad says: "ENOUGH"xhurrayx

I didnt realize VMI only had 2 wins. Based on the way you played againt Army I was guessing you had 5 or 6. You certainly played some quality opponents very close this year, and I think it will be a good measuring stick for ODU.

proasu89
November 19th, 2009, 03:30 PM
VMI 24-14

Monarch Nation
November 19th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Throw the records out, this one is going to be tough for us. A perfect way to gage where we are and on what we need to work during the off season.

Sly Fox
November 19th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I fully expect the Keydets to limit themselves to just 3 turnovers. And if they do that then they should win by double digits. But VMI fans know what a major IF that is this fall.

DX Man
November 19th, 2009, 08:20 PM
VMI - 24
ODU - 10

Go Sparky!

andy7171
November 19th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Hey ODU fans....

http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/hvogt/tea/teabag_used.jpg

:)

Monarch Nation
November 20th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Andy, if you're asking if we want you to teabag us I'll speak for the group and decline.

knucklehead
November 20th, 2009, 08:25 AM
One this is for sure, it will be a great game atmosphere in Lex as usual. I say VMI pulls this one out.

Jackman
November 20th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I'm predicting high scoring. ODU's defense has been incredibly inconsistent, even from one half to another. Leaning towards VMI in a close one, maybe 42-38.

SumItUp
November 20th, 2009, 12:10 PM
If VMI avoids turnovers, this will be a blowout win and they'll beat ODU by 3+ scores. If they turn the ball over more than 3 times, ODU will keep it close, but VMI should still win.

ODU will be a very good program in the next few years, but they're still a startup program. I will be very impressed if they beat the Keydets.

Monarch Nation
November 20th, 2009, 03:26 PM
If VMI avoids turnovers, this will be a blowout win and they'll beat ODU by 3+ scores. If they turn the ball over more than 3 times, ODU will keep it close, but VMI should still win.

ODU will be a very good program in the next few years, but they're still a startup program. I will be very impressed if they beat the Keydets.

Yeah, we have quite a long way to go yet.

kdinva
November 21st, 2009, 07:19 AM
Folks parking on the Parade Ground, getting ready for the 1030 dress parade:

http://www.vmi.edu/webcams.aspx?id=2130

xcoffeex

Dukie95
November 21st, 2009, 08:04 AM
I don't know guys. ODU has a very good record with a very weak schedule. VMI has a terrible record against a more difficult slate.

Both teams have wins against Presby, VMI's only other win is against Robert Morris.

I think this game is pretty evenly matched, but ODU's the team with the most confidence and winning attitude and I bleieve ODU takes this one.

kdinva
November 21st, 2009, 08:35 AM
......ODU's the team with the most confidence and winning attitude.......
That is important for any school, any sport, any NCAA level...........we'll find out soon!

beachtribe
November 21st, 2009, 10:04 AM
VMI will beat the hapless Monarchs! I can't wait until the start playing in the CAA.

beachtribe
November 21st, 2009, 10:05 AM
VMI will beat the hapless Monarchs! I can't wait until the start playing in the CAA.

SDSUJacks
November 21st, 2009, 11:22 AM
I honestly think that this will be a close game. Dukie95 made a good point that ODU has confidence. Against their one common opponent, Presbyterian, they both did well. I do see it as a fairly even game, but I think VMI should pull it out.

kdinva
November 21st, 2009, 03:54 PM
Congrats to ODU for their win today. Not surprised the game started with an ODU onside kickxeekx, which they got and, after a punt and subsequent VMI fumble on the 3rd play) drove for a TD. Also converted a fake punt for a 48 yard TD run. ODU's QB, while not a 4.4 runner or Dan Marino passer, knows how to lead an offense, and the other 10 players seem to feed off of his energy (I could feel it over the radio, believe it or not). Also, I bet ODU got 175 yards from scrimmage after the first contact by a VMI defenderxmadx. VMI would have a ODU ball carrier seemingly wrapped up 5 yards from the first down stick, but he drove and drove and got the first down.

VMI only played their best throwing QB about 15 plays in the 2nd half, we didn't throw enough (as was the case in about 7 of our games all season). Usually, when VMI rushes for 422, they win. 10 penalties hurtxsmhx; so did allowing ODU to convert too many third downsxnonox.

ODU will be a handful in the CAA come 2011, and VMI again puts on their Brooklyn Dodger cap and proclaim: "wait till next year".xbangx

kdinva
November 21st, 2009, 03:56 PM
VMI will beat the hapless Monarchs!

Maybe if we had been able to have 13 men on defense on the field today, the outcome would have been different.......xsmhx

Jackman
November 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
I'm predicting high scoring. ODU's defense has been incredibly inconsistent, even from one half to another. Leaning towards VMI in a close one, maybe 42-38.

Pretty close, just picked the wrong winner. ODU fans really couldn't have asked for much more in their first season. Really the only thing standing between them and going undefeated was a young and undersized defensive front seven. They'll get better.