PDA

View Full Version : NJ Governor elect Christie a Hens fan

blukeys
November 17th, 2009, 01:58 PM
New Jersey's Governor Elect Chris Christie is a dedicated Blue Hens Fan and season Ticket Holder for 20 years. Christie Tail gates with buddies from his years at UD. His wife is also a UD grad

He also sounds like a regular guy and regular en Fan razzing the visiting team xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009911170358

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM
New Jersey's Governor Elect Chris Christie is a dedicated Blue Hens Fan and season Ticket Holder for 20 years. Christie Tail gates with buddies from his years at UD. His wife is also a UD grad

He also sounds like a regular guy and regular en Fan razzing the visiting team xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009911170358

Ugh another reason why I hate politicians. Especially those from NJ...

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I hear he is also a doughnut fan.

Funny, he talks about being true Jersey, yet he leaves the state for school... oh wait that IS true Jersey.

aust42
November 17th, 2009, 02:04 PM
And he's a rocker. A Bruce Springsteenhead seeing over 120 shows. That's the kind of politicians we need in office.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2009, 02:06 PM

Funny, he talks about being true Jersey, yet he leaves the state for school... oh wait that IS true Jersey.

I'm sorry, I just totally lost it after reading this!

xlmaox

aust42
November 17th, 2009, 02:16 PM

Very true. People from NJ (especially South Jersians) do not identify with Rutgers as being the State School. It's like we don't have a big time State School. Although driving over the Delaware Memorial Bridge last week going to my Mom's house I saw a big Rutgers football Billboard advertisment stating "Entering Rutgers Country". Very odd considering growing up in South Jersey I hardly even heard of Rutgers.

jlcharles
November 17th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Very true. People from NJ (especially South Jersians) do not identify with Rutgers as being the State School. It's like we don't have a big time State School. Although driving over the Delaware Memorial Bridge last week going to my Mom's house I saw a big Rutgers football Billboard advertisment stating "Entering Rutgers Country". Very odd considering growing up in South Jersey I hardly even heard of Rutgers.

But we have Rutgers-Camden. xlolx

And to think I voted for Christie. Can I take my vote back? xlolx

Go...gate
November 17th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Last NJ Governor NJ who truly cared about the State's college teams was Brendan Byrne, who was a Princeton grad, a big Rutgers fan and, while an adjunct Law Professor at Seton Hall Law School, a follower of Pirate baseball and basketball.

Hoyadestroya85
November 17th, 2009, 03:36 PM
eh.. You guys can have him as long as you keep Joe Biden!

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2009, 03:44 PM

Few identify with Rutgers. Its a great school but not really a "State" school. TCNJ is more of a private school that isn't at all like a Penn St. That's why so many leave the state (and school is cheaper). Ala my name...

blukeys
November 17th, 2009, 03:46 PM
eh.. You guys can have him as long as you keep Joe Biden!

We've already tried to trade Biden. There were no takers.

downbythebeach
November 17th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Jack Murtha gets federal earmarks for Saint Francis U. So pretty much every taxpayer in the country is a SFU donor.........lol

downbythebeach
November 17th, 2009, 03:49 PM
all of my roomates in college were from Jersey

blukeys
November 17th, 2009, 03:54 PM

There would be no 4 year schools in Delaware without Jersey transplants. Heck the University of Miami would fold as well. xrolleyesx

Bogus Megapardus
November 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I live in New Jersey; I happen to have a graduate degree from an institution of particular note in the Garden State. My four children live in New Jersey in the same town (Mendham) as Governor-Elect Christie; two are in college and two are in High School. One graduated from "that school in Worcester" xsmhx and one is at Marist xnodx. The younger two won't consider any New Jersey college.

We have an image problem here, I think.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2009, 04:13 PM
There would be no 4 year schools in Delaware without Jersey transplants. Heck the University of Miami would fold as well. xrolleyesx

And Lafayette, Lehigh... the list goes on.

Bogus Megapardus
November 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM

Funny. The University of West Virginia also considers itself "Jersey State U."

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I live in New Jersey; I happen to have a graduate degree from an institution of particular note in the Garden State. My four children live in New Jersey in the same town (Mendham) as Governor-Elect Christie; two are in college and two are in High School. One graduated from "that school in Worcester" xsmhx and one is at Marist xnodx. The younger two won't consider any New Jersey college.

We have an image problem here, I think.

Huge image problem. Not a lot of people know that NJ isn't the arm pit of the US. There are a lot of great qualities people over look "anti-NJ Bias!" It is just too damn expensive to live here. BTW Mendham is really nice (no way can I afford to live therexbawlingx)

Also, JMU (4-6 hours from almost anywhere in NJ) has its largest out of state student population from the garden state.

WestCoastAggie
November 17th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Can't he be a Hornets fan and get em some $$$ ???

Go...gate
November 17th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Huge image problem. Not a lot of people know that NJ isn't the arm pit of the US. There are a lot of great qualities people over look "anti-NJ Bias!" It is just too damn expensive to live here. BTW Mendham is really nice (no way can I afford to live therexbawlingx)

Also, JMU (4-6 hours from almost anywhere in NJ) has its largest out of state student population from the garden state.

Well said. NJ is a great place, but damned expensive.

Ivytalk
November 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
We've already tried to trade Biden. There were no takers.

Joe comes back to Wilmington so often that he's his own player to be named later!:D

Bogus Megapardus
November 17th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Rutgers is a tough sell. I've been through the campus a number of times and I know quite a few graduates. While the Old College is nice, most of the things you need are in Pitscataway which is a shuttle ride away. It lacks a "home" feel. If you think Easton is bad, you should see New Brunswick. It also has a reputation (within New Jersey itself) of being difficult, dreary, much too politically correct and insufficiently distinctive among New Jersey employers. Certainly there are ways to fix these perceptions, but New Jersey will never implement them.

aust42
November 17th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Big image problem. If your not from NJ and you go there for whatever reason, your either driving up the NJ turnpike or flying into Newark which do not leave good impressions. I never understood why everyone outside of NJ thinks we talk like Long Islanders? South Jersey has some beautiful country and there are 196 miles of great beach (shore) towns all along the coast line.

The property taxes (2nd highest in the nation) and auto insurance (highest in the nation I believe) are outrageous in NJ and I'd never go back to live there. I was paying $3,000/year for liability on my junker when I was in high school and when I registered it in Delaware my auto insurance went down to $800/year and that was 20 years ago.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Rutgers is a tough sell. I've been through the campus a number of times and I know quite a few graduates. While the Old College is nice, most of the things you need are in Pitscataway which is a shuttle ride away. It lacks a "home" feel. If you think Easton is bad, you should see New Brunswick. It also has a reputation (within New Jersey itself) of being difficult, dreary, much too politically correct and insufficiently distinctive among New Jersey employers. Certainly there are ways to fix these perceptions, but New Jersey will never implement them.

Rutgers: the model on how to transform yourself from an Ivy League school into a state school joke.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Few identify with Rutgers. Its a great school but not really a "State" school. TCNJ is more of a private school that isn't at all like a Penn St. That's why so many leave the state (and school is cheaper). Ala my name...

TCNJ is a good little school. Changing their name from Trenton St. was the best move ever, though Princeton had an issue with the name.

Rowan is a D3 football power (formerly Glassboro St.); Ramapo; Stockton are the only others I can think of. My neighbor in HS was recruited by some Patriot League teams for OL and would have gotten an offer if he got his grades up, but he didn't want to be bothered (exact words) and ended up at Rowan.

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Big image problem. If your not from NJ and you go there for whatever reason, your either driving up the NJ turnpike or flying into Newark which do not leave good impressions. I never understood why everyone outside of NJ thinks we talk like Long Islanders? South Jersey has some beautiful country and there are 196 miles of great beach (shore) towns all along the coast line.

The property taxes (2nd highest in the nation) and auto insurance (highest in the nation I believe) are outrageous in NJ and I'd never go back to live there. I was paying $3,000/year for liability on my junker when I was in high school and when I registered it in Delaware my auto insurance went down to $800/year and that was 20 years ago.

Yeah I met a girl once on vacation with a southern/country accent. I was thinking Tennessee and she told me southern NJxeyebrowx

Northeastern NJ = Long Island/Staten Island extention

Turnpike = horrible been on it 4 times in my life (i know how to avoid)

Newark = getting better but still not a good rep

Go to Northwestern NJ or down the shore to a non-public beach and you can see the beauty!

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2009, 08:22 PM
TCNJ is a good little school. Changing their name from Trenton St. was the best move ever, though Princeton had an issue with the name.

Rowan is a D3 football power (formerly Glassboro St.); Ramapo; Stockton are the only others I can think of. My neighbor in HS was recruited by some Patriot League teams for OL and would have gotten an offer if he got his grades up, but he didn't want to be bothered (exact words) and ended up at Rowan.

Some good schools that are 99% NJ kids and therefore no one hears about them. Rutgers & Princeton are the only ones that get our name out.

BDKJMU
November 18th, 2009, 12:16 AM

I've always heard they were the highest in the nation. I live just across the river in PA and hear horror stories all the time about NJ property taxes.

blukeys
November 18th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I've always heard they were the highest in the nation. I live just across the river in PA and hear horror stories all the time about NJ property taxes.

I have relatives in NJ and the horror stories are true.

jlcharles
November 18th, 2009, 10:09 AM

Nope, the image is right. NJ is the armpit of the US. This state is a ****hole.

jimbo65
November 18th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I. The younger two won't consider any New Jersey college.

That's because by definition, New Jersey Colleges are located in New Jersey.xsmiley_wix

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Last NJ Governor NJ who truly cared about the State's college teams was Brendan Byrne, who was a Princeton grad, a big Rutgers fan and, while an adjunct Law Professor at Seton Hall Law School, a follower of Pirate baseball and basketball.

Yes Brendan Byrne!! He was great! His name still belongs on the Izod Center xnonono2x