PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week 12

McNeese75
November 16th, 2009, 04:35 PM
As you know TexasTerror has suffered a tragic family loss and has more important things going on in his life this week. I thought I would get this going and if TT does make it back he can join in accordingly,

McNeese vs UCA - This is a big game for the Cowboys if they are going to be assured of a at large spot so I will go with the pokes.

SFA vs Northwestern State - Demons are done and I doubt they will rally the troops for Chief Caddo this week.

SELU vs Nicholls - This should be a really good game and I will once again go with he Lions.

Tx State vs SHSU - There is enough chatter between these two schools to keep this game interesting. I will go with the Cats over the Kats.

BEAR
November 16th, 2009, 04:38 PM
As you know TexasTerror has suffered a tragic family loss and has more important things going on in his life this week. I thought I would get this going and if TT does make it back he can join in accordingly,

McNeese vs UCA - This is a big game for the Cowboys if they are going to be assured of a at large spot so I will go with the pokes.

SFA vs Northwestern State - Demons are done and I doubt they will rally the troops for Chief Caddo this week.

SELU vs Nicholls - This should be a really good game and I will once again go with he Lions.

Tx State vs SHSU - There is enough chatter between these two schools to keep this game interesting. I will go with the Cats over the Kats.

Those are my four guesses as well. Enjoy the weeked Cowboy fans..after this mess gets sorted out in Conway, things will be back to normal...an always competitive league! xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
November 16th, 2009, 05:19 PM

I'm going with your picks, except that I'm gonna go against the grain and pick the Northwestern Demons to suprise everybody. I shall be at that game for at least the first half, with my McGear on, cheering for the Demons. Notice that I didn't use the S word nor did I disparage my friends in Natchitoches by overly drawing attention to their double directional status.

I think they're gonna sock SFA...

txst80
November 16th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I'm going with your picks, except that I'm gonna go against the grain and pick the Northwestern Demons to suprise everybody. I shall be at that game for at least the first half, with my McGear on, cheering for the Demons. Notice that I didn't use the S word nor did I disparage my friends in Natchitoches by overly drawing attention to their double directional status.

I've picked NW St for the past 3 weeks and I'm not stopping now.

NW St over SFA
Mcneese over UCA
SELU over Nicholls
Tx State over Sammy

Hopefully I won't go 0 for 4 again this week...

GeauxLions94
November 17th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Last week: 1-3
2009 overall: 39-17

McNeese vs Central Arkansas - The Red Beans and Rice Bowl ... McNeese gets another championship and berth in the playoffs. What a second-half collapse by the Bears. MCNEESE STATE

Stephen F. Austin at Northwestern State - Jacks are legit and get their first SLC Title since 1999. Demons are not. Chief Caddo's going back to Nacogdoches. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Southeastern Louisiana vs Nicholls - Thursday night game on Southland TV ... teams have defended their home turf the last three years. Why stop now? SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Texas State vs Sam Houston State - Is this Brad Wright's last game? Would be a shame if so ... truly one of the great guys in the league. TEXAS STATE

sharkeycox
November 17th, 2009, 05:17 PM

can't argue with these.xsmiley_wix

iceman4221
November 17th, 2009, 05:37 PM

These are my picks as well...

iceman4221
November 17th, 2009, 05:38 PM

Those are my picks as well...

Jack99
November 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Last week: 1-3
2009 overall: 39-17

McNeese vs Central Arkansas - The Red Beans and Rice Bowl ... McNeese gets another championship and berth in the playoffs. What a second-half collapse by the Bears. MCNEESE STATE

Stephen F. Austin at Northwestern State - Jacks are legit and get their first SLC Title since 1999. Demons are not. Chief Caddo's going back to Nacogdoches. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Southeastern Louisiana vs Nicholls - Thursday night game on Southland TV ... teams have defended their home turf the last three years. Why stop now? SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Texas State vs Sam Houston State - Is this Brad Wright's last game? Would be a shame if so ... truly one of the great guys in the league. TEXAS STATE

I agree with your picks

This is my first post. I've been prowling the threads the past 2 weeks. Wanted to start contributing. I played for the Lumberjacks 95-99. Was a redshirt sophmore so I played in the semifinals at montana and was a senior in 99. I'm proud the jacks have started a turnaround. I hope this year is a building block for the future.

I enjoy everyones enthusiasm about the southland conference.
Ax'em Jacks

TexasTerror
November 17th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks Mc75!

TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 38-18 (14-10 SLC)
Total: 124-54 (47-32 SLC)

McNeese vs Central Arkansas - This week is all about trying to get the SLC to have two teams in the playoffs for the first time since 2005 when both TXST and Nicholls were involved. With that being said, McNEESE STATE

Stephen F. Austin vs Northwestern State - The Demons could end up with no wins. In fact, all it would take is a loss against the rival Lumberjacks for that to be the case. SFA could come out of this game with three grand prizes - Chief Caddo, the SLC championship and a playoff spot. A win by the Demons could ruin things. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Southeastern Louisiana vs Nicholls State - The Lions are respectable this year and going into that game against SFA, I thought they would win the league. I like the Lions and I like them to win this one. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Texas State - San Marcos vs Sam Houston State - There is an uproar against Brad Wright in some corners. There is an even bigger uproar against Todd Whitten. While I do not like getting involved in personnel decisions on either end of the spectrum, this one could be an interesting contest for as much the off the field antics as the on the field occurences. If the game meant something, I would pick TXST. Since it does not and I'm already rattled by a 1-3 week ago, why not take a risk - SAM HOUSTON STATE

txstatebobcat
November 17th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks Mc75!

TT's Predictions
2009 Record: 38-18 (14-10 SLC)
Total: 124-54 (47-32 SLC)

McNeese vs Central Arkansas - This week is all about trying to get the SLC to have two teams in the playoffs for the first time since 2005 when both TXST and Nicholls were involved. With that being said, McNEESE STATE

Stephen F. Austin vs Northwestern State - The Demons could end up with no wins. In fact, all it would take is a loss against the rival Lumberjacks for that to be the case. SFA could come out of this game with three grand prizes - Chief Caddo, the SLC championship and a playoff spot. A win by the Demons could ruin things. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Southeastern Louisiana vs Nicholls State - The Lions are respectable this year and going into that game against SFA, I thought they would win the league. I like the Lions and I like them to win this one. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Texas State - San Marcos vs Sam Houston State - There is an uproar against Brad Wright in some corners. There is an even bigger uproar against Todd Whitten. While I do not like getting involved in personnel decisions on either end of the spectrum, this one could be an interesting contest for as much the off the field antics as the on the field occurences. If the game meant something, I would pick TXST. Since it does not and I'm already rattled by a 1-3 week ago, why not take a risk - SAM HOUSTON STATE

Good. You jinxed us last week when you chose us instead of McNeese St.

McNeese75
November 17th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I agree with your picks

This is my first post. I've been prowling the threads the past 2 weeks. Wanted to start contributing. I played for the Lumberjacks 95-99. Was a redshirt sophmore so I played in the semifinals at montana and was a senior in 99. I'm proud the jacks have started a turnaround. I hope this year is a building block for the future.

Ax'em Jacks

xthumbsupx Welcome, it is always nice to have former players involved in our bantering xnodx

Jack99
November 17th, 2009, 08:56 PM
xthumbsupx Welcome, it is always nice to have former players involved in our bantering xnodx

Thanks I appreciate that. I'm going to get another ex-player on here. Get ready he's very opinionated and knows his sh##. Helps he's a fellow lumberjack

McNeese75
November 17th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks I appreciate that. I'm going to get another ex-player on here. Get ready he's very opinionated and knows his sh##. Helps he's a fellow lumberjack

LOL, well we have one of our own lurking around here that is somewhat verbose so "Lets get ready to rumble" :D

FormerPokeCenter
November 17th, 2009, 10:23 PM
LOL, well we have one of our own lurking around here that is somewhat verbose so "Lets get ready to rumble" :D

SOMEWHAT verbose? ;)

FormerPokeCenter
November 17th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I agree with your picks

Ax'em Jacks

Wait, the Semi-finals at Montana? Stephen F made the Semi-finals? When did that happen?xeekx

Oh, wait. You're talking about the year you guys cheated by using ineligible players and had to forfeit all those games and the playoff appearances. xnonoxSee, I don't think you can legitimately refer to those as the "Semi-Finals" in Montana, because, well, you occupied a slot that should have gone to a team that was capable of playing by the rules and NOT guilty of using ineligible players....

Rules are rules, ya know?xrulesx

McNeese75
November 17th, 2009, 10:44 PM
xlolx Rumble is on!!

Geaux25
November 17th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Holy cow...

Duck and cover boys.

xsmhx

Geaux25
November 18th, 2009, 12:22 AM
My picks this week: (before the bombs are launched) xeekx

Lions over Colonels
Lumberjacks over Demons
Bobcats over Bearkats
Cowboys over Bears

I would gladly go 3-1 this week if it means my one loss is the SFA/NWSt. game

Jack99
November 18th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Wait, the Semi-finals at Montana? Stephen F made the Semi-finals? When did that happen?xeekx

Oh, wait. You're talking about the year you guys cheated by using ineligible players and had to forfeit all those games and the playoff appearances. xnonoxSee, I don't think you can legitimately refer to those as the "Semi-Finals" in Montana, because, well, you occupied a slot that should have gone to a team that was capable of playing by the rules and NOT guilty of using ineligible players....

Rules are rules, ya know?xrulesx

Actually that was 89 team which made it to the national championship game. Not the 95 team but thanks for playing. You get a nice parting gift.

NSUDemon98
November 18th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Actually that was 89 team which made it to the national championship game. Not the 95 team but thanks for playing. You get a nice parting gift.

BURN!!!! Bwahahahaha!!!!

McNeese72
November 18th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Uh oh! Jay's behind after one exchange. And not a good shot by Jay being factually incorrect. He must be off his game. His planned trip to Demonland must have affected him. :)

Doc

Jack99
November 18th, 2009, 09:06 AM
The demons may be 0-10. But this game kinda scares me.
1. They have nothing to lose so the play all out
2. Winning gives steppingstone for 2010
3. Turning around an aweful season by ruining sfa's would be sweet
4. Chief Caddo - nuf said

Could be close in first half but sfa kills them in the second half -IMHO

MSU_77
November 18th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Cmon Jay! Big comeback!

FormerPokeCenter
November 18th, 2009, 10:20 AM

I'm sorry, My Bad. When you've gotta wait more than half a decade between Slumberjack playoff appearances, it's easy to get them confused...

Besides, that's been a very LONG time ago :D

Jack99
November 18th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry, My Bad. When you've gotta wait more than half a decade between Slumberjack playoff appearances, it's easy to get them confused...

Besides, that's been a very LONG time ago :D

I'll be the first to admit sfa football program is pretty slim in football honors. I just hope we get to play the cowgirls again in the playoffs. Round 1 might be a tall order.

So does the majority of people think sfa@Montana and e wash@mcneese? And people want to bitch about the BCS I think not seeding 1-16 is just as bad. I hate the 1-4 seeds

McNeese75
November 18th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I'll be the first to admit sfa football program is pretty slim in football honors. I just hope we get to play the cowgirls again in the playoffs. Round 1 might be a tall order.

So does the majority of people think sfa@Montana and e wash@mcneese? And people want to bitch about the BCS I think not seeding 1-16 is just as bad. I hate the 1-4 seeds

Those match ups would not be a surprise at all. I think the Jacks could give Montana fits although they will be better prepared for Moses and the passing attack because of the play in BSC. McNeese would love another shot at Eastern Washington after 2007 xnodx

And the Cowboys would be more than happy to host the Jacklegs in a future round :D

Jack99
November 18th, 2009, 11:31 AM
That's why I hope sfa wins week12 then goes anywhere other than Montana. Having played in the abortion of a game in Montana in 95 those fans that stadium and the weather are so tough. I pulling for trip to s carolina st.

McNeese75
November 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
That's why I hope sfa wins week12 then goes anywhere other than Montana. Having played in the abortion of a game in Montana in 95 those fans that stadium and the weather are so tough. I pulling for trip to s carolina st.

That would be a great draw but I doubt you will see SC.

Prominentwon
November 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I just hope we get to play the cowgirls again in the playoffs.

You're not the only one. Especially if we can get a rematch with them in The Hole.

But I digress. We gotta get past UCA first.

MSU_77
November 18th, 2009, 11:43 AM

I feel confident the Jacks can handle the Griz in Missoula. They have not been dominating this year like past seasons.

AxeEm
November 18th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Anytime you have to go to Montana you get stressed out a little. I don't mind playing anyone but rather play someone else right off the bat. I feel the jacks are able to play with anyone.

FormerPokeCenter
November 18th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Uh oh! Jay's behind after one exchange. And not a good shot by Jay being factually incorrect. He must be off his game. His planned trip to Demonland must have affected him. :)

Doc

Nah, it's all the trips to North Carolina! I've been meeting myself coming and going. Tell your wife the question she asked at dinner in Boone has been answered affirmatively ;)

It's definitely going somewhere. It ain't permanent yet, but it's looking like it's trending that way...

As to the whole factually incorrect thing, to tell the truth, I was simply looking for a convenient excuse to weave that whole playoff forfeiture thing into the mix, though I'm pretty sure it'll come up again ;)

MSU_77
November 18th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Nah, it's all the trips to North Carolina! I've been meeting myself coming and going. Tell your wife the question she asked at dinner in Boone has been answered affirmatively ;)

It's definitely going somewhere. It ain't permanent yet, but it's looking like it's trending that way...

As to the whole factually incorrect thing, to tell the truth, I was simply looking for a convenient excuse to weave that whole playoff forfeiture thing into the mix, though I'm pretty sure it'll come up again ;)

I think you mean moi, Jay, instead of Doc. I'll let her know; she'll be happy.

FormerPokeCenter
November 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I think you mean moi, Jay, instead of Doc. I'll let her know; she'll be happy.

Ack. Man, I gotta get my eyes checked...you're correct. I did mean you. Wow...sorry about that ;)

I guess I really AM off my game!

UCABEARS75
November 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
You're not the only one. Especially if we can get a rematch with them in The Hole.

But I digress. We gotta get past UCA first.

Haven't you heard, we ain't coming!!!

McNeese75
November 18th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Haven't you heard, we ain't coming!!!

xlolx We know better than that, there is food to be had xnodx

UCABEARS75
November 18th, 2009, 02:39 PM

Touche!!!

McNeese72
November 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, red beans and rice all over the place.

Doc

UCABEARS75
November 18th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah, red beans and rice all over the place.

Doc

And cold beer???????????????

BEAR
November 18th, 2009, 03:13 PM

Actually, he was talking about the team...they haven't shown up in weeks!xlolx xeekxxmadxxmadxxsmhx

McNeese72
November 18th, 2009, 04:25 PM
And cold beer???????????????

What do you normally drink?

Doc

UCABEARS75
November 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
What do you normally drink?

Doc

Don't do anything special but Bob Patrick has my brands ( I am a Miller/Coors Distributor)

McNeese75
November 18th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Don't do anything special but Bob Patrick has my brands ( I am a Miller/Coors Distributor)

Sounds like you are bringing the Beer :D

UCABEARS75
November 18th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Sounds like you are bringing the Beer :D

Not sure, but I think that's against the law.

Ya'll never seem to have a shortage down there.

McNeese72
November 18th, 2009, 05:25 PM

Well, the Montana guy that owns Moose Drool was able to bring a few cases down and tailgate with us in 2002.

I hate to tell you but I'm not a beer drinker. I'll make one trip to the Frosty Factory in the early afternoon. Andy usually has some beer in his ice chest. Of course, you can always get some at the Miller Lite spot down on the end.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/mon02tgmd1.jpg

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/mon02tgmd2.jpg

Doc

McNeese75
November 18th, 2009, 08:53 PM

Well be sure and stop by our spot (next to Doc's). We are sponsored by Budweiser :D

BEAR
November 18th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Is it coincidence that you guys both have a 75 on the end of your usernames? xeyebrowx xlolx

McNeese75
November 18th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Is it coincidence that you guys both have a 75 on the end of your usernames? xeyebrowx xlolx

Yep, I am sure there is a common grey thread there somewhere :D

UCABEARS75
November 19th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Well be sure and stop by our spot (next to Doc's). We are sponsored by Budweiser :D

GAG, BLASPHEMY!!!

p.s. unless the Lite guys run out

UCABEARS75
November 19th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Yep, I am sure there is a common grey thread there somewhere :D

Yes, it adds greatly to our wisdom and common sense. (Or at the least number of miles).

McNeese72
November 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Yes, it adds greatly to our wisdom and common sense. (Or at the least number of miles).

I must be three up on you guys. :)

Doc

MSU_77
November 19th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I must be three up on you guys. :)

Doc

..and I am two down. Haven't felt this young in years! xlolx

UCABEARS75
November 19th, 2009, 10:33 AM
..and I am two down. Haven't felt this young in years! xlolx

I tell my friends in their 30's and 40's that the 50's are even better...and I mean it.

I feel great and life is just easier than it was when I was a "kid".

McNeese72
November 19th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hey UCAbears75,

It looks like our tailgate plans for the Red Beans and Rice are up in the air now.

Andy, our chief cook, and his father were supposed to enter the Red Beans and Rice cookoff. But he just let us know that his wife's grandfather just passed away and it is looking like the plans for the funeral maybe Saturday afternoon. If that is the case, he won't be bringing his travel trailer out Friday, spending the night, nor cooking.

If so, we will have something to eat there but I don't know what it will be.

Doc

UCABEARS75
November 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Hey UCAbears75,

It looks like our tailgate plans for the Red Beans and Rice are up in the air now.

Andy, our chief cook, and his father were supposed to enter the Red Beans and Rice cookoff. But he just let us know that his wife's grandfather just passed away and it is looking like the plans for the funeral maybe Saturday afternoon. If that is the case, he won't be bringing his travel trailer out Friday, spending the night, nor cooking.

If so, we will have something to eat there but I don't know what it will be.

Doc

Sorry to hear about the loss. We are not worried, we are coming to have fun, see our nice friends from McNeese, and hopefully see a good game.

Based on my experience, we will not go to bed hungry.

McNeese72
November 19th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss. We are not worried, we are coming to have fun, see our nice friends from McNeese, and hopefully see a good game.

Based on my experience, we will not go to bed hungry.

That's for sure. Just walk around the tailgate in your Bear attire, introduce yourself at just about any tailgate spot, and you'll be offered all kinds of food and drink.

Doc

McNeese75
November 19th, 2009, 03:16 PM
That's for sure. Just walk around the tailgate in your Bear attire, introduce yourself at just about any tailgate spot, and you'll be offered all kinds of food and drink.

Doc

Doc, We (Richard Cole and Co) will have red beans next door so don't be shy and bring 75 and any others that show up.

McNeese72
November 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Doc, We (Richard Cole and Co) will have red beans next door so don't be shy and bring 75 and any others that show up.

Will do. Just tell Richard that if he thinks he will be bumping into the Porta-Pottie backing his trailer in make sure I'm not in it again when he does. Felt like an earthquake was happening when I was trying to pee.

Doc

McNeese75
November 19th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Will do. Just tell Richard that if he thinks he will be bumping into the Porta-Pottie backing his trailer in make sure I'm not in it again when he does. Felt like an earthquake was happening when I was trying to pee.

Doc

Gotta watch out for the blue tsnami

McNeese72
November 19th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Gotta watch out for the blue tsnami

I'm glad we aren't like some LSU fans I've heard about. I've heard some bad rumors concerning Porta-potties with opposing fans in them.

Doc

UCABEARS75
November 19th, 2009, 04:40 PM

Doc

Speaking of peeing and age, I am on those meds to slow down the frequency, and it ain't workin so hot.

McNeese72
November 19th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Speaking of peeing and age, I am on those meds to slow down the frequency, and it ain't workin so hot.

Well, the said porta-pottie is on the corner of our tailgate spot.

Doc

Hood
November 19th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Rumors on the Nicholls board suggest you can predict a coaching change after this week.

I think I'm going to be sick. Angry and sick. Mostly angry.

crossfire07
November 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM

I am sure the cowgirls would like to have that game again as well. they lost a game they should have won overwhelmingly and would love the chance at avenging it. doing it in The Hole would make it 10x sweeter as well.

Prominentwon
November 19th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Rumors on the Nicholls board suggest you can predict a coaching change after this week.

I think I'm going to be sick. Angry and sick. Mostly angry.

Why? It seems to me that the option is tough to recruit for in Louisiana. There's only so many Josh Son's you can land that can run that offense the correct way.

How rampant is the rumor and are the fans ready to ditch the option?

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 19th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I've picked NW St for the past 3 weeks and I'm not stopping now.
NW St over SFA
Mcneese over UCA
SELU over Nicholls
Tx State over Sammy

Hopefully I won't go 0 for 4 again this week...

xlolxxlolxxlolx

If we somehow pull a miracle and win I'll root for yall the rest of the year....That includes basketball, baseball, soccer, heck.....even lacrosse if yall had it....

I'll even add ya logo to my sig....

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 19th, 2009, 09:43 PM

xlolx

I've gots to make more time to visit the board more often.....

Geaux25
November 20th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Good win Colonels.

Can't believe ya'll fired Thomas though. Guy was first class.

Anyway, a successful week with my predictions will now have me finishing at 2-2. I say successful because I would rather be 2-2 with a L'jack loss than 3-1 with a win :D

Anyway, none of that matters unless we take care of business against the Bears Saturday night. Geaux Pokes!

TexasTerror
November 22nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
Another 2-2 week...

On the bright side, I do finish above .500 in SLC play for the second time in the last three years. Remember when the SLC was a bit more predictable in 2007? Ha! Has not been that way the last two...

TT's Predictions
2009 Record: 40-20 (16-12 SLC)
Total: 126-56 (49-34 SLC)