PDA

View Full Version : Colgate-Cornell series to end after 2011?

Go...gate
November 16th, 2009, 11:30 AM
There is a thread on this over on the Colgate VoyForums site. First I have heard of this. Anybody from Colgate or Cornell have any information?

One of the oldest rivalries in the country.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM
You should can the Dartmouth game first.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM
There is a thread on this over on the Colgate VoyForums site. First I have heard of this. Anybody from Colgate or Cornell have any information?

One of the oldest rivalries in the country.

Why? That's insane! The Red Raiders have been playing SUNY-Ithaca since, well, before the invention of the Nerf.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Sucks if true - but then again, Cornell needs to treat you as an equal partner. I still can't believe that the old agreement was a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 if I remember correctly.

TheValleyRaider
November 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM
You should can the Dartmouth game first.

Actually, Dartmouth dropped us, so that's already set to happen

Why? That's insane! The Red Raiders have been playing SUNY-Ithaca since, well, before the invention of the Nerf.

Almost. Cornell somehow managed to avoid playing us during the 1930s when we were a national powerhouse xreadx xrolleyesx

As per the original point of the thread, someone on that same Voy thread mentioned (and I remember being the case) that there wasn't a game in 2012 (end of the world and all that, I suppose ;)), but that the contract was being negotiated and should start up again in 2013

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Colgate has Princeton in 2014 and 2015. Might that be in substitute for Cornell?

http://ncaapalace.com/component/sports/colgate/ncaaf/futuresched