PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 12

89Hen
November 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
POLL COMING

4th and What?
November 16th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Tough to have a game of the week in the last week when so many games have so many playoff implications. Went with Montana/Mt St as that game probably has the most far reaching playoff implications..... Montana playing for a seed, Montana St playing for a bid and can bump teams off currently ahead of them if they do win.

crusader11
November 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM
No Harvard v. Yale?

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Gotta be William & Mary at Richmond.xthumbsupx

For once, I don't blame 89Hen for snubbing the Ivies.xwhistlexxcoolxxrolleyesx

93henfan
November 16th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Gotta be William & Mary at Richmond.xthumbsupx

x2

This game is for a seed.

Grizzaholic
November 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM
POLL COMING

.....(EDITED)

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM
1) William & Mary at Richmond
2) Montana at Montana State

Both games have playoff implications and seeding. #1 is a bigger matchup as far as rankings so it gets the nod from me.

Silenoz
November 16th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I usually go with the match-up of highest teams, but this week I'll go (partially) homer.

Biggest rivalry in FCS + one team playing for a seed + another team playing for an at-large

putter
November 16th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Tried to go with homer pick but went with W&M/UR. This game has big implications for both teams and will affect seeding with whomever wins.

WestCoastAggie
November 16th, 2009, 11:06 AM
EWU/UNA Liberty fans will be watching this one CLOSELY.

jus10asu
November 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I think the Elon v. Samford game could be interesting... could switch up some things as far as playoff births if Elon falls on their face....don't think that'll happen though

Tod
November 16th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Had to go homer pick this year.

W&M and Richmond are both in, they're playing for a seed (big deal, of course).

But Montana is playing for a seed and MSU is playing for their playoff lives. Win and in, lose and out. Not only does it have implications for Bobcat fans, it has implications for bubble teams that the W&M/Richmond game lacks.

bpcats
November 16th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Montana vs Montana State - will always be the biggest game at the end of the year as the whole State becomes involved. Also, there are too many playoff implications on the line for it not to be the game of the week.

soccerguy315
November 16th, 2009, 03:39 PM
has to be W&M @ Richmond

honorable mention to Montana @ Montana State

Shellin
November 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I feel that in the grand scheme of things there is more riding on the Griz/Cat game this weekend than there is on any of the other games, as has been pointed about by a few people above me. Not only does this game potentially determine a seed, but it will go a long way in determining who the last team or two to get into the playoffs are as well.

Bronco
November 16th, 2009, 04:17 PM
W&M @ Richmond is a big game...hope it's on the net for me to see but Griz/Cat is always the 1st playoff game no matter what the record. Teams get sky high and the hitting is intense.

I used to always be irritated with GSU having a bye week before the playoffs. I used to always ask them. No rival to play?

GannonFan
November 16th, 2009, 04:20 PM
W&M and Richmond for me - hard to argue with what is a playoff quarterfinal or semifinal caliber matchup. Sure the Montana game has more riding on it, but I think this is the better game.

technocat
November 16th, 2009, 05:28 PM
CAT/GRIZ

no question for me. W&M and Rich are already in the playoffs, Cats need a win to have a chance and to reach there highest win total since 2006 and NC1984. GRIZ want a seed and to be rolling into the playoffs after the ISU debacle.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Where is Harvard - Yale?

sluki86
November 16th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Griz vs. Montana State

An MSU win should guarantee SIU a top 2 seed.

paul1978
November 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Cat/Griz and W&M/Richmond games will both be great games. There is a bit more play off implication with the Cat/Griz game so that’s the game that gets my vote. It’s going to be a great Saturday of FCS football.

Big Dawg
November 16th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Hey there's no playoff implications but I would go with FAMU vs. BCU...rivalry game, nationally televised, and both teams have nothing to lose.

100%GRIZ
November 16th, 2009, 05:54 PM
GRIZ cat game!!! It has been a while since this game had alot riding on it!!! But does anyone know if the W+M Richmond game will be televised?

soccerguy315
November 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM
GRIZ cat game!!! It has been a while since this game had alot riding on it!!! But does anyone know if the W+M Richmond game will be televised?

the WM/Richmond game is on tv.

100%GRIZ
November 16th, 2009, 06:16 PM
the WM/Richmond game is on tv.

What Network?

GolfingGriz
November 16th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I don't care if both teams are 0-10, its gotta be the Brawl!

Just good ole' fashioned hate!

soccerguy315
November 16th, 2009, 06:22 PM
What Network?

appears to be on TCN / "The Comcast Network"... not really sure what that is though. Usually CAA games that make the TV end up on Comcast SportsNet, which is a regional sports channel.

edit: apparently it is the old CN8 channel, which used to show CAA games.

UNH Fanboi
November 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM

W&M and Richmond are both in, they're playing for a seed (big deal, of course).

But Montana is playing for a seed and MSU is playing for their playoff lives. Win and in, lose and out. Not only does it have implications for Bobcat fans, it has implications for bubble teams that the W&M/Richmond game lacks.

Yeah, I voted Montana - Montana St. for these reasons.

BTW, I don't think a Montana loss (unless it's bad) will automatically disqualify them from getting a seed. The winner of Richmond-W&M would certainly be in line ahead of them, but the comparison between Montana and ASU would still be pretty close. If it had to be on it, I'd say ASU gets the seed if the Griz lose, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Montana get the seed either.

Saluki09
November 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM

You went with homer picks all year? For shame xnonono2x

xsmiley_wix

LacesOut
November 16th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Montana at Montana State.

C'mon Montana State!!!!!! Get a WIN!!

SU Jag
November 16th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I gotta go Cat/Griz, I would love, no I must catch this game one year. I hate the cold but I would wrap-up for this one.xbowx

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2009, 08:28 PM
All tied up at 49-all! xpopcornxxpopcornx

uofmman1122
November 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Cat/Griz, and it's not even close.

This game means more than it has in years, and there's not a bigger rivalry in FCS.

To put it another way, IMO, if we lose to the cats and don't win a NC, then our season is a failure. xlolx

ngineer
November 17th, 2009, 08:04 AM
#145 is in a class by itself...It's not just the Game of the Week...It is the Event of the Week.xcoolx

SCSUBULLDOG1
November 17th, 2009, 08:59 AM
What no SCSU VS NCA&T. How could this happen. This is the biggest game of the year.

HensRock
November 17th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I think the Brawl is a bigger game because the Bobcats are playing to get in. Tribe and Spiders are both already in - just playing for a seed. Playing to get in is bigger than playing for a seed. SO I went with Montana @ Montana State

appmaj
November 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Bill, Mary, Rich

89Hen
November 17th, 2009, 09:39 AM
:D

89Hen
November 17th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Montana vs Montana State - will always be the biggest game at the end of the year as the whole State becomes involved. Also, there are too many playoff implications on the line for it not to be the game of the week.
I actually agree this year, but the "whole state" is kinda like the "whole state" of Delaware.... my county has more people than your state. xsmiley_wix

89Hen
November 17th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Where is Harvard - Yale?
I think it's at Harvard this year. xwhistlex

bigskyrocks
November 17th, 2009, 11:41 AM
EWU/UNA Liberty fans will be watching this one CLOSELY.

not that it matters but its NAU not UNA.

UMass922
November 17th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Went with the Brawl for the playoff implications.

Walkon79
November 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
This one's easy!!