PDA

View Full Version : FCS At-Large Qualification / Elimination - Week 11

SumItUp
November 15th, 2009, 02:05 PM
22 teams have reached 7 Division 1 Wins. There are 7 more teams that can still reach 7 Division 1 Wins if they win their last game. A maximum of 29 teams will be playoff eligible after next week.

7 or More D1 Wins (22) - Appalachian State, Central Connecticut State, Colgate, Dayton, Eastern Illinois, Elon, Florida A&M, Holy Cross, Lafayette, Liberty, Marist, McNeese State, Montana, New Hampshire, Northern Iowa, Richmond, South Carolina State, South Dakota State, Southern Illinois, Stephen F. Austin, Villanova, William & Mary

Elimination Bubble (7) - Albany, Butler, Drake, Eastern Washington, Montana State, Old Dominion, Weber State

Eliminated by Week 4 (2) - Indiana State, Savannah State

Eliminated in Week 5 (9) - Austin Peay, Georgetown, Idaho State, Northeastern, Portland State, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, Southeast Missouri State, Western Carolina

Eliminated in Week 6 (9) - Campbell, Morehead State, Murray State, Northern Colorado, North Dakota State, Northwestern State, St. Francis, Tennessee-Martin, Valparaiso

Eliminated in Week 7 (13) - Charleston Southern, Davidson, Delaware State, Duquesne, Lehigh, Maine, Nicholls State, Rhode Island, Samford, Southern Utah, Virginia Military Institute, Western Illinois, Wofford

Eliminated in Week 8 (9) - Bethune-Cookman, Howard, James Madison, Norfolk State, Sacramento State, Sam Houston State, San Diego, Southeastern Louisiana, Towson

Eliminated in Week 9 (9) - Bucknell, Cal Poly, Coastal Carolina, Fordham, Gardner Webb, Jacksonville, North Carolina A&T, Tennessee State, UC Davis

Eliminated in Week 10 (7) - Citadel, Furman, Georgia Southern, Hampton, Hofstra, Tennessee Tech, Youngstown State

Eliminated in Week 11 (11) - Delaware, Eastern Kentucky, Illinois State, Massachusetts, Missouri State, Monmouth, Morgan State, Northern Arizona, Stony Brook, Texas State, Wagner,

Ineligible (9) - Bryant, Central Arkansas, Chattanooga, Jacksonville State, North Carolina Central, North Dakota, Presbyterian, South Dakota, Winston-Salem

grizband
November 15th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Again, thanks for the information! I think you can remove Montana, SIU and Appalachian State from the at large list, since they have all clinched their conference's auto-bids. There may be other teams who have already clinched, but I'm not positive off hand.

SumItUp
November 15th, 2009, 06:10 PM
While this has been an at-large qualification/elimination overview list all season, I did not want to remove the teams that have AQ'd by winning their conference title. At this point in the season, most participants on AGS know who the potential playoff teams are. This list will serve as more of a reference for next year to look at how this 2009 finished. I thought it was very interesting that there are 22 teams that have qualified, 7 that need to win next week to qualify, 1 ineligible team (Jacksonville State) that has 7 D1 wins and 1 ineligible team (Chattanooga) that needs to win next week to reach 7 D1 wins. That is a maximum of 31 teams that could reach 7 D1 wins. I can't find the information from last year, but I think there were 32 or 33 teams that reached 7 D1 wins. It will definitely be less teams this year.

bpcats
November 15th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Montana State is a win and their in, lose and their out. If they win and EWU loses then they win the AQ for the Big Sky with wins over Weber and Montana.

EWU may have shot at qualifying for the playoffs with a win this coming week. Should be interesting.

Poker Alan
November 15th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Montana State is a win and their in, lose and their out. If they win and EWU loses then they win the AQ for the Big Sky with wins over Weber and Montana.

EWU may have shot at qualifying for the playoffs with a win this coming week. Should be interesting.

Wrong, the Cats have two conference losses, the Griz have already won the AQ for the BSC...

Keenan
November 15th, 2009, 07:09 PM
The Big Sky certainly holds a lot of cards for this final week that will have major playoff implications.

bpcats
November 15th, 2009, 07:29 PM
just remembered.. doesn't matter if they don't win.