PDA

View Full Version : FCS teams in EA NCAA football game

aceinthehole
November 15th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a list of I-AA conferences/teams included in the various versions of the EA NCAA Football game.

I know EA began by including just Ivy, MEAC, and SWAC teams in some earlier versions.

They added the rest of I-AA conferences (except the NEC, PFL, Big South, Great West, Indys) in later versions.

And it is my understanding EA eliminated all I-AA teams in the 2009 or 2010 version and replaced them with generic "regional" FCS teams.

I just can't seem to find any comprhensive listing of the I-AA teams included in the different versions game.

Thanks for any info!

SO ILLmatic
November 15th, 2009, 10:30 AM
No FCS teams in NF10.

EA Sports took out their leg work and gave this responsibility to the consumer.

Go to teambuilder.easports.com and you will see how FCS teams are now incorporated into the game. I'd say 90% of the teams are on there with semi-accurate rosters, info, schemes, etc...

siuham
November 15th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Off the top of my head I think most if not all are in 2007, which is what I play mostly. That doesn't the Dakota schools though.

superman7515
November 15th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Which version?
http://theangryt.com/?p=664

SDSUJacks
November 15th, 2009, 10:51 AM
No FCS teams in NF10.

EA Sports took out their leg work and gave this responsibility to the consumer.

Go to teambuilder.easports.com and you will see how FCS teams are now incorporated into the game. I'd say 90% of the teams are on there with semi-accurate rosters, info, schemes, etc...

That's how I got the MVFC and Great West on NCAA 2010. Still slowly getting the rest of the FCS, but I'm happy with those two right now.

Schfourteenteen
November 15th, 2009, 11:07 AM
You really have to take the time to sort out the homer rosters from the real ones. There's no way 90% of them are semi accurate. Every other team has A+ ratings down the board.

The Big South has never appeared on the game.

joecooll6
November 15th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I still play NCAA 05 which has all the autobid conferences SWAC and Ivy. I havent bought a new one since.

PhoenixSupreme
November 15th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I had NCAA Football 04 and it had all the FBS and FCS conferences...not just the SWAC and Ivy and MEAC. I also own NCAA 08 which all conferences are still in there, but only the FBS is present in NCAA 09

aceinthehole
November 15th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I still play NCAA 05 which has all the autobid conferences SWAC and Ivy. I havent bought a new one since.

Yeah, I have 2 older EA games for PS2.

NCAA 2005 (Larry Fitzgerald-Pitt) - Includes teams from the A-10 (CAA), Big Sky, Gateway (MVC), Ivy, MEAC, OVC, Southland, SoCon, and SWAC.

NCAA 2003 (Joey Harington-Oregon) - Only includes teams from the Ivy, MEAC, and SWAC
----

I was trying to see what I-AA conferences/teams are in the other versions, as I was considering buying another version, based on the I-AA teams included.

Wiki didn't have the info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Football_series

I think NCAA 2005 is pretty good, but it doesn't include include all the AQ conferences - The PL was excluded. Also the Big South, MAAC, NEC, Pioneer, and Indys are left out. I was just wondering if those conferences/teams are included in later versions and when thry were removed.

aceinthehole
November 15th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I had NCAA Football 04 and it had all the FBS and FCS conferences...not just the SWAC and Ivy and MEAC. I also own NCAA 08 which all conferences are still in there, but only the FBS is present in NCAA 09

Are all FCS teams (including the PL, NEC, Big South, etc.) really in 2004? They weren't all included in 2003 or 2005.

So EA got rid of all the I-AA teams for 2009 and 2010 versions? That sucks!!!!