PDA

View Full Version : SoCon picks - Week #12 (Nov 21, 2009)

The Cats
November 14th, 2009, 08:23 PM
The celebrations are over, it's time to move on to Week #12 (final week of SoCon play).

We have a champion, therefore one in the playoffs - will we get two, or will Elon choke again and possibly blow its chances (is 8-3 good enough) ?

12:20 pm
Chattanooga at Alabama

2:00 pm
The Citadel at Georgia Southern

3:00 pm
Elon at Samford

Wofford at Furman

3:30 pm
Western Carolina at Appalachian State
(Battle for the Old Mountain Jug)

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Chatty ruins 'Bama's chances at the BCS title game.....I'm calling it xlolx :D

CamelCityAppFan
November 14th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Bama.
Hillbillies over Whee.
Furples over T-Dogs.
Iggles over El Cid.
Feenix over B-Dogs-- but Feenix better watch out in this one (gotta leave this week in the past).

theasushow
November 14th, 2009, 08:36 PM
if elon doesnt win they are out....the committee isnt going to take a team that ends the season with 2 straight loses. and yes, utc will beat 'bama.

Mntneer
November 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Bama by as much as they want

El Cid over GSU in a close one (going out on a limb here)

App by 21

Furman by 14

Elon by 24 (they're pissed)

SU DOG
November 14th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Samford will be sky-high for Senior Day. The offense is showing signs of improvement and the defensive stats speak for themselves. I really believe that Elon will have their hands full with the Bulldogs. It should be interesting.

theasushow
November 14th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Samford will be sky-high for Senior Day. The offense is showing signs of improvement and the defensive stats speak for themselves. I really believe that Elon will have their hands full with the Bulldogs. It should be interesting.

not trying to be a smartass, but it may be a little late in the season for an offense to show some signs of improvement. however, i do expect samford to play a great game.

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Chattanooga at Alabama

Elon at Samford

Wofford at Furman

The Cats
November 14th, 2009, 09:21 PM
....it may be a little late in the season for an offense to show some signs of improvement.

Really ????

theasushow
November 14th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Really ????

ideally a team would like an offense to be coming around before the last game of the season.

maybe a better way of putting it would be "its too bad the offense wasnt clicking before the end of the season"

LegalGaSouthernEagle
November 14th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Bama in a route.
Cit in a route.
elon in a close one.
Wofford in a close one.
Appy big.

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Bama
El Cid
Elon
Wofford
App

The Cats
November 14th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Chattanooga at Alabama

Elon at Samford

Wofford at Furman

(Battle for the Old Mountain Jug) - the jug comes home!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 14th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Bama in a route.
Cit in a route.
elon in a close one.
Wofford in a close one.
Appy big.

Where exactly is Cit on a route to? A defeat? xlolx

SU DOG
November 14th, 2009, 10:06 PM
not trying to be a smartass, but it may be a little late in the season for an offense to show some signs of improvement. however, i do expect samford to play a great game.

If not a smartass, certainly a bit picky. Maybe I should have said that in the last several games the offense has steadily improved. At any rate, my main point is that I expect our team to be VERY competitive with Elon.

The Cats
November 14th, 2009, 10:08 PM
... I expect our team to be VERY competitive with Elon.

Good Luck.....

Skjellyfetti
November 14th, 2009, 10:13 PM
WCU is a trap game for us that makes me fairly nervous. Very intense week, emotional game, lots of celebration for winning the SoCon tonight... but, we've GOT to win this game if we want to host more than 1 game in the playoffs. I think the coaches will get the guys focused... but, you never can tell sometimes.

But, I pick Bama, Citadel, Elon, Furman, and App.

seantaylor
November 14th, 2009, 10:20 PM
GSU gets killed. Our team has quit on Hatcher's country azz. Hopefully he's fired soon.

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 10:58 PM
If not a smartass, certainly a bit picky. Maybe I should have said that in the last several games the offense has steadily improved. At any rate, my main point is that I expect our team to be VERY competitive with Elon.

I think it will be a great game as well. Samford will be salivating at the chance to knock a team out of the playoffs, and Elon will be trying to shake the choking away from the past two years as well as the crushing loss to App. It will really come down to who wants to make the most of the scenario presented upon them.

ASU_MBA
November 14th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Go Samford beat Eloan!

AppMAN04
November 15th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Go Samford beat Eloan!

Bama
the Cit
Furm
App
Samford
Agree!! Elon still is ready for the big stage yet

catamount man
November 15th, 2009, 07:40 AM
WCU
Furman
Georgia Southern
Samford
Alabama

Elon Fightin' Christians
November 15th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I think it will be a great game as well. Samford will be salivating at the chance to knock a team out of the playoffs, and Elon will be trying to shake the choking away from the past two years as well as the crushing loss to App. It will really come down to who wants to make the most of the scenario presented upon them.

IT will be really interesting to see how the Fightin'Christians respond. I've been worried about this Samford game for a while.

kdinva
November 15th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Alabama 48; UTC 17
GSU 23; The Citadel 21
Elon 28; Samford 22
Furman 33; Wofford 27
ASU 44; WCU 13

OL FU
November 15th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Chattanooga at Alabama - do I even have to say

The Citadel at Georgia Southern - GSU deflated, Citadel wins.

Elon at Samford - Elon in a close one (if Elon doesn't win then I suppose we can build a monument to late season failure on the Elon Campus. )

Wofford at Furman - Furman, er I mean Wofford, aah Furman. I'm sticking with Furman but honestly nothing would surprise me. 24-0 at the half at Paulson, not a game, not even close and we still can't put them away. Yeah I know nothing makes me happy. :(

Western Carolina at Appalachian State ASU of course, but Congrats and thanks wo WCU for beating EKU and representing the SoCon

Saint3333
November 15th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I'm interesting to see the Elon injury report. That was a hard hitting game and some of the Elon players will not be 100% for Samford (RBs). Confidence will be less for sure and Samford IMO has a better defense than Elon.

jhbeagle
November 15th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Bama in a route.
Cit in a route.
elon in a close one.
Wofford in a close one.
Appy big.

+1

appfan2008
November 15th, 2009, 08:41 AM
ASU and WCU will be closer than we want but we still win by 14-17 points...

boonegoon
November 15th, 2009, 11:02 AM
ASU and WCU will be closer than we want but we still win by 14-17 points...

I say very close due to no Armanti.

DX Man
November 15th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Chattanooga at Alabama

Elon at Samford

Wofford at Furman

The Cats
November 15th, 2009, 05:05 PM
WCU
Furman
Georgia Southern
Samford
Alabama

gotta have faith xthumbsupx

CID1990
November 15th, 2009, 07:24 PM
OK here goes:

ASU
Furman
Elon
Alabama

The Citadel or GSU.... who knows? We played a great 3 quarters this past weekend. Then our old team showed up for the 4th quarter and we screwed the pooch. I try to tell myself that Chatty did this very same thing to ASU a couple weeks ago. Maybe this loss to Chatty just shows that we are just a tick behind ASU when we play to our potential. That would be nice to think, but right now I can't get past that we not only blew a 21 point lead, we also fell victim to the very same onsides kick that ASU did, and we KNEW it was coming.

Very depressing. Plus, we still have not nailed down a QB. Our third stringer played really well against Chatty, but I have a suspicion that we are going to play games with the QB rotation again this weekend.

In that our good team has showed up for just 3 games plus 3 quarters this year, and GSU is playing at home for pride, I am going with GSU by 7.

Jiggs
November 15th, 2009, 07:59 PM
bammer
The Citadel
Samford
Furman
Appalachian State

PhoenixMan
November 15th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Chattanooga at Alabama - do I even have to say

The Citadel at Georgia Southern - GSU deflated, Citadel wins.

Elon at Samford - Elon in a close one (if Elon doesn't win then I suppose we can build a monument to late season failure on the Elon Campus. )Wofford at Furman - Furman, er I mean Wofford, aah Furman. I'm sticking with Furman but honestly nothing would surprise me. 24-0 at the half at Paulson, not a game, not even close and we still can't put them away. xsmhx
Western Carolina at Appalachian State ASU of course, but Congrats and thanks wo WCU for beating EKU and representing the SoCon
If they lose next week I will help you with it. Missing the playoffs again would be the final making of the "they can't win when it matters" sign.
The Alumni will hopefully start to grumble (a little anyway)...heck, I'll be the first one to start it. I am holding firm in my confidence that they will win this game, I refuse to believe otherwise
xsmhxxsmhxxsmhx

Saint3333
November 15th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Lembo started with one of the worst teams in the FCS. Not just losing seasons but lopsided beatings every game to a 9-2 or 8-3 at worst season in just four years.

This is crazy talk.

ASU_MBA
November 15th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Alabama----unless UTC just kicks onside kicks the whole game....

The Citadel-----GSU has given up on Hatcher and so have the fans.....

Samford----Elon is heartbroken and still looking for the "swagger".....This is a replay of the Liberty game....as much as I would love an Elon win for the App resume, I can't pull for those jokers....Go Samford! put pressure on riddle and he runs like a little girl.

Furman----just cuz

Appalachian State----we need to stay focused and Cadet has looked less than glamorus since the ECU days but WCU is just horrible and we should be able to get the W with Jerry Moore himself playing QB.

jus10asu
November 16th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Chattanooga at Alabama

Alabama rolls in this one.

Elon at Samford
Elon isn't a bad team...they just hadn't met the likes of ASU this season...they just need to buckle down and get over their Riddle/Hudgins obsession and spread it around a little...good teams won't let you throw it to one guy 30 times a game.

Wofford at Furman

This won't be close even though AE will sit and our second string will be in by half time in order to rest up our players for the playoffs

appmaj
November 16th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Chatty ruins 'Bama's chances at the BCS title game.....I'm calling it xlolx :D

That would be great! (not going to happen). All of the "alabama fans" are coming out of the woodwork here at my job.

(Battle for the Old Mountain Jug) - [B]the jug comes home!!!

AE-less ASU keep the jug at HOME in Boone
GSU over El Cid
Elon wraps up their playoff appearance
Wofford over Furman

OL FU
November 16th, 2009, 07:05 AM
OK here goes:

ASU
Furman
Elon
Alabama

The Citadel or GSU.... who knows? We played a great 3 quarters this past weekend. Then our old team showed up for the 4th quarter and we screwed the pooch. I try to tell myself that Chatty did this very same thing to ASU a couple weeks ago. Maybe this loss to Chatty just shows that we are just a tick behind ASU when we play to our potential. That would be nice to think, but right now I can't get past that we not only blew a 21 point lead, we also fell victim to the very same onsides kick that ASU did, and we KNEW it was coming.

Very depressing. Plus, we still have not nailed down a QB. Our third stringer played really well against Chatty, but I have a suspicion that we are going to play games with the QB rotation again this weekend.

In that our good team has showed up for just 3 games plus 3 quarters this year, and GSU is playing at home for pride, I am going with GSU by 7.

Why did you pick our weekend to have your only complete gamexbawlingx

biggie
November 16th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Western Carolina at Appalachian State: No score prediction and tough to know much without AE status. If he is healthy then it shouldn't be too much of a challenge as long as the team is focused. Without AE we'll see how Cadet's passing game is coming along. D may need to be as good as vs elon to cover some offensive slump. And will be sad if AE can't play on Senior day, with much fan disappointment.

Chattanooga - 17
Alabama - 45
How many onside kicks will Chatty try in the first half?

The Citadel - 24
Georgia Southern - 21
A close one, but moral of GSU fans will drop to bottom.

Elon - 14
Samford - 21
Ok just for fun I put that score, elon should win with ease.

Wofford - 34
Furman - 24
The end for 'Booby'?

Woof
November 16th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Chattanooga at Alabama----Roll Tide Roll. Ingram gets as many yards as he wants.

The Citadel at Georgia Southern---both teams quit after a scoreless tie despite valiant efforts to give each other the game in the 4th Q.xrotatehx

Elon at Samford- should be close but flaming pigeons finally get over the hump.

Wofford at Furman- who in the world knows with these 2 teams. Hopefully we'll both play like we did at Johnson Hagood.xthumbsupx

Western Carolina at Appalachian State -closer than usual but Hillbillies retain the jug.

longtimemocfan
November 16th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Chattanooga - 17
Alabama - 42
3 for last 3 on recovering onside kicks

The Citadel - 24
Georgia Southern - 21
A close one, but just feature Andre Roberts the whole game. A beast of a receiver.

Elon - 27
Samford - 24
Elon has to shake off performance from last week and suck it up to win.

Wofford - 24
Furman - 31
Could go either way. Take the home team.

CID1990
November 16th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Why did you pick our weekend to have your only complete gamexbawlingx

Minus a missed field goal, we gave ASU and Sammy complete games also. That's about it.

BTW- I predict that we will be starting Starks at QB in Statesboro. If he is able to get clicking we could have a good game. For now I will still stand by my GSU by 7 prediction.

phillyAPP
November 16th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Chattanooga at Alabama

Elon at Samford

Wofford at Furman

You need to update your "BACK 2 Back" :D

PhoenixSupreme
November 16th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Bama
Citadel
Elon (optimism will pay off eventually)
App

seantaylor
November 17th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Why would anyone pick us? Even over a fake military school with zero talent. The team has quit on Hatcher.

No Limit Mountaineers
November 17th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Alabama gets the W with their 3rd string playing early.

Citadel pulls out a late FG for the W.

Elon takes out their frustrations on Sammy.

Furman

Western plays a great first half but the men in black and gold are too much. App wins by 21.

CID1990
November 17th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Alabama gets the W with there 3 string playing early.

Citadel pulls out a late FG for the W.

Elon takes out if frustrations on Sammy.

Furman

Western play a great first half put the men in black and gold are too much. App wins by 21.

No way that happens. Our field goal kicker is back to his old 2008 self.

iceman4221
November 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Chattanooga at Alabama

Elon at Samford

Wofford at Furman

GATA
November 17th, 2009, 06:57 PM
if elon doesnt win they are out....the committee isnt going to take a team that ends the season with 2 straight loses. and yes, utc will beat 'bama.

yeah right...fact of the matter is...they'll only have 3 losses and will finish second in the SOCON...Elon gets it no matter what. It's a lock.

GATA
November 17th, 2009, 06:59 PM
GSU gets killed. Our team has quit on Hatcher's country azz. Hopefully he's fired soon.

So Sam Baker can interview one person and hire another bum? no thanks. If hatcher gets fired then Sam Baker needs to go with him...otherwise we're still going to suck when Sam Baker makes some retarded hire like Giff Smith or Kevin Steele.

I'd rather be stuck with Hatcher than have Sam Baker make another football hiring decision. If I were the new President (keel), I would give Hatcher through next year...if the team doesn't make the playoffs I would say goodbye to Hatcher and Baker and hire my own athletic director.

PhoenixMan
November 17th, 2009, 07:55 PM
yeah right...fact of the matter is...they'll only have 3 losses and will finish second in the SOCON...Elon gets it no matter what. It's a lock.

If Elon loses they should not get in. They should man up and turn down the bid if they lose to Samford. BEAT SAMFORD dadgummit!!

MaxASU'81
November 17th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Bama
Gawja Southern
Furman
Elon is better than they showed last week!
ASU, just because it is Western!

Esko
November 18th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Account approved so i can finally join in the discussions.

Chattanooga at Alabama

Elon at Samford

Wofford at Furman

(Battle for the Old Mountain Jug) GO APP!

OL FU
November 18th, 2009, 10:20 AM

Chattanooga at Alabama

Elon at Samford

Wofford at Furman

Welcome!

AshevilleApp2
November 18th, 2009, 10:25 AM

Chattanooga at Alabama

Elon at Samford

Wofford at Furman

Welcome! We need more App posters. xsmiley_wix

Esko
November 18th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Welcome!

Welcome! We need more App posters. xsmiley_wix

thanks guys. i can tell, I see our representation is very thin here. xlolx

phoenixphanatic21
November 18th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Chatty at Alabama
The better question is if Chatty will cover the spread, which I don't think they will. Bama wins BIG.
Citadel at Georgia Southern
I want to pick the Eagles and think that they'll finally have a complete game, but I just can't do it. Citadel gets the win.
Elon at Samford
Since this is my first post since the game I will refuse to mention or talk about, I'm glad to see some fans realize we are better than we played, which I still say we are. Much better actually. Also, I'm glad that Armanti is finally graduating this year and that we will never have to face him again...unless we meet in the playoffs of course. Anyway, Elon comes out, struggles early, gets their stuff together and blows Samford out in the second half and clinches a playoff spot.
Wofford at Furman
Wofford and Furman fans celebrate the fact that the season is finally over and start looking forward to next season. Oh yea, and Furman wins.
Western Carolina at App State
WESTERN WINS!....kidding. No way I see a letdown from App after last week. Armanti sits out midway through the third quarter because App will be up 38-0 by that point.