PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Deserves Playoff Bid

luflame15
November 13th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I think that Liberty derserves a playoff invite cause it has proven itsself this and the last three years. So take a chance and let the Flames in this year.

soccerguy315
November 13th, 2009, 10:13 PM
the playoffs are a separate occurrence each year, not based on previous years results.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
the playoffs are a separate occurrence each year, not based on previous years results.

Actually, it works more like a car wash - collect ten playoff appearances, and you get the eleventh one free.

Keenan
November 13th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I think that Liberty derserves a playoff invite cause it has proven itsself this and the last three years. So take a chance and let the Flames in this year.

Two weeks early? Still gotta go win two games on the road guy! xdohx

SDSUJacks
November 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I'd say if you win your next 2 games, then yes, you should get a bid. If Lafayette wins vs Holy Cross, that would also give you a nice quality win against a conference champion. I'm glad they are starting autobids for the Big South in 2010, y'all deserve it.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 13th, 2009, 10:39 PM
From the previous Liberty playoff thread (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65823) from 3 days ago:

Well, I don't hate Liberty and even if my personal politics caused me to dislike the school and its founder I would not think that would be adequate to penalize its football team.

I am lucky in that I get both the Comcast Mid Atlantic Philly broadcasts which frequently gives you CAA, Patriot League (quite a few Lafayette games) and Ivy League games. I also get Comcast out of Wash/Balt which gives me Big South games on MASN. I can either tivo or catch games on tape delay especially on MASN. I have now watched 3 complete Liberty games and I have to agree they would have a losing record in the CAA North or South. The JMU game was no fluke. JMU is a much better team than Liberty.

The Big South skill people are not impressive. I have yet to see one that could start on a .500 CAA team. Ditto for the non-skill players. VMI has a bunch of really gutsy kids who simply should be playing in D-2 or D-3. They hung tough with Liberty for about 25 minutes on emotion.

For all the Liberty playoff talk, JMU would have a much better chance of making it through a playoff field than Liberty. The weak conference competition gives a false impression that Liberty is a top tier team. They aren't.

luflame15
November 13th, 2009, 10:44 PM
We played WVU the closest that any FCS has ever played them, so if u wanna say that we palyed no competion then look again, WVU had there starters in the whole game.

Keenan
November 13th, 2009, 10:49 PM
luflame15: Let's talk in two weeks! Until then...xnonox

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2009, 10:53 PM
luflame15: Let's talk in two weeks! Until then...xnonox

Darn! I was hoping and hoping someone would start a Liberty playoff thread.

SuperJon
Sam, just stop. We've got two weeks left. It doesn't matter that no FCS team has ever played WVU as close as we did. Those WVU teams were a lot better than this WVU team.

LegalGaSouthernEagle
laughable.....larry flint in the house.

luflame15
November 13th, 2009, 11:15 PM
sorry SuperJon , my brother James was the one that put it up , not mine, so my bad to everbody

blukeys
November 13th, 2009, 11:27 PM
LU flame 15 , I appreciate your enthusiasm and welcome your contributions. We are all fans here and want what is best for our respective teams and we all understand and appreciate that.

I think you may have been responding to a quote that Aho_Old_Guy plucked from another post on another thread that I authored. I stand by those earlier observations although I had no plan to comment on this thread.

Regarding a loss to WVU, I can't think of another close loss being more impressive this year than UNI's loss to Iowa. Should UNI get in instead of Liberty I hope it is not because their FBS loss was better than your FBS loss.

The fact is the loss to JMU is the game that could cost you a playoff berth and as I said in another thread I do not see that game as being a fluke. I think JMU is a better team than folks aknowledge and in my view all Liberty folks should thank their lucky stars (and the Big South schedule) that Liberty is ranked ahead of JMU.

I do wish to welcome you to this Board and welcome your participation. You have a credible corps of Liberty posters who display common sense and I suggest you follow their lead. I will not name them but there are a few who have already offered you some hints.

Lastly, as one of those old fogey teachers who deduct points for poor grammar, misspellings and Valley girl abbreviations, I will say that all of these writing transgressions are not a crime. But they do give the impression that the author is either ignorant or undisciplined in their writing. Neither of these impressions are helpful in advancing your arguments.

Cogent arguments backed by facts will assist your team and place you in higher regard by those who read what you write.

kirkblitz
November 13th, 2009, 11:36 PM
LIBERTY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
xsmiley_wix

blukeys
November 13th, 2009, 11:52 PM
sorry SuperJon , my brother James was the one that put it up , not mine, so my bad to everbody

I guess I was posting as you were posting. Feel free to ignore my prior post other than to tell your brother James he is damned lucky not to have been in one of my classes!!!xsmiley_wix;)xsmiley_wix;)xrolleyesxxsmi ley_wix

th0m
November 14th, 2009, 02:24 AM

Can you state your case a bit more clearly? Why should Liberty get in?