PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: Win, And You're In

CSN-info
November 13th, 2009, 01:46 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/CSNWay.JPG

The CSN Way: Win, And You're In
By Chuck Burton The CAA Way columnist

http://www.ihra.com/images/2008/tournament_of_champions.jpg

Not everyone knows what the International Hot Rod Association is, but the IHRA’s “Nitro Jam” series has the right idea. The Norwalk, Ohio outfit sponsors a professional, semi-pro and amateur drag racing circuit with a simple rule: “win, and you’re in.” They compete with the NHRA in the arena of drag racing, but they’re more local, more tied into local communities than the more commercial NHRA.

In this spirit, this weekend there are a multitude of FCS games which could be considered “win, and you’re in". One is “win, and you’re conference champions". Others are “win, and you’re conference champions and will be playing in the FCS playoffs". Even others are “win, and you’re going to play one more game". It’s crunch time in the FCS, and this week’s slate is jam-packed with important games - and it’s not always the fastest team that is going to win, either.

Only one team in FCS has “won, and they’re in": this week, we’ll know a multitude of others who will be joining them. Leave the nitrous oxide and oversized engines at home - it’s championship week in FCS. And this week, we’ll be previewing all the games that matter - and talking about who’s already heading to FCS’ version of the “Sweet Sixteen". Buckle up.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/11/12/the-csn-way-win-and-you-re-in?blog=5)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Liberty going down? xeekx

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Liberty going down? xeekx

And the Plundering Pardsvillians taking "their" spot even with a Loss to the Cross? xeekx Oh my . . .

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM
And the Plundering Pardsvillians taking "their" spot even with a Loss to the Cross? xeekx Oh my . . .

xlolx

WMTribe90
November 13th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Good read. Don't want to start another huge discussion, but a 10-1 UR or a 10-1 WM should be seeded before a 10-1 Elon and the GPI and Sagarin ratings will back this up.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Good read. Don't want to start another huge discussion, but a 10-1 UR or a 10-1 WM should be seeded before a 10-1 Elon and the GPI and Sagarin ratings will back this up.

And before Nova as well, Tribe? Just asking . . .

Tribe07
November 13th, 2009, 05:37 PM
No, a 10-1 'Nova should be the top seed. A 10-1 UR or 10-1 W&M should be the 3rd or 4th seed. Elon should not be seeded even if they beat App State. Who else have they even played? One signature win over a #7 team does NOT get it done. A 10-1 W&M would have signature wins over FBS Virginia, #23 Delaware, #8 New Hampshire, and #4 UR. A 10-1 UR would have wins over FBS Duke, Delaware, and #5 W&M.

Montana hasn't played nearly the same strength of schedule and frankly, neither has SIU.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM
No, a 10-1 'Nova should be the top seed. A 10-1 UR or 10-1 W&M should be the 3rd or 4th seed. Elon should not be seeded even if they beat App State. Who else have they even played? One signature win over a #7 team does NOT get it done. A 10-1 W&M would have signature wins over FBS Virginia, #23 Delaware, #8 New Hampshire, and #4 UR. A 10-1 UR would have wins over FBS Duke, Delaware, and #5 W&M.

Montana hasn't played nearly the same strength of schedule and frankly, neither has SIU.

Hard to argue with that, but do you really see the committee giving three of the four seeds to one conference?

soccerguy315
November 13th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Hard to argue with that, but do you really see the committee giving three of the four seeds to one conference?

W&M and Richmond play next week (@Richmond)... so one of them will have 2 loses, and therefore their quest for a seed will be over.

Tribe07
November 13th, 2009, 05:57 PM
My discussion of a 10-1 UR and a 10-1 W&M were mutually exclusive. One team likely will be 10-1, the other won't. My argument was that 2 teams from the CAA should be seeded. ('Nova and either UR, W&M, or UNH- whichever one finishes 10-1).

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2009, 06:00 PM
My discussion of a 10-1 UR and a 10-1 W&M were mutually exclusive. One team likely will be 10-1, the other won't. My argument was that 2 teams from the CAA should be seeded. ('Nova and either UR, W&M, or UNH- whichever one finishes 10-1).

I agree that this should happen.

Tribe07
November 13th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Now if only we were both on the selection committee...

MacThor
November 13th, 2009, 06:06 PM

'Nova's not 10-1 yet.

Tribe07
November 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I fear it is only a matter of time. Towson will be no contest for them, UD will put up some fight but 'Nova is that good.

SDSUJacks
November 13th, 2009, 09:56 PM
The path is clear for the Jacks. Win next weekend and we're in. We may not have but one quality win (vs #11 UNI), but our SOS is good, and if we win next week, we secure 2nd in the MVFC with a 7-1 conference mark. Overall, a tremendous year for us I'd say.