PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-14

JALMOND
November 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM
And down the stretch they come!!! Here we are at the last full slate of Big Sky conference games as three teams, UNC, PSU, and ISU all play their last games this weekend. We still have a lot left to decide. Whereas Montana has pretty much locked up the auto bid into the playoffs, we still do not know how many other Big Sky teams, if any, will join them. This week's predictions. Currently I am at 45-9, hoping to get better. All are still my opinions and all are open for discussion. Here they are.

EWU @ Southern Utah---The Eagles are one of those other teams that are still talking playoffs, after the NCAA removed the postseason ban two weeks ago. After taking last week off, this week they are on the road at the Great West's Southern Utah. In order to leave their fate squarely in the hands of the committee, the Eagles need this game. Can they do it?...EWU 31, Southern Utah 28.

NAU @ WSU---The conference's game of the week as both teams need to win out in order for a chance for the postseason. The Jacks return to conference play after a good showing at the SEC's Mississippi team. The Wildcats had two weeks to shake off the Montana disappointment and get back on track. Someone will have their season ended after this weekend...WSU 35, NAU 27.

UNC @ UM---Lost in the close, perplexing win at Idaho State last week was the fact that the Grizzlies locked up at least a tie for the conference title, with only Montana State having a legitimate shot at winning the tie breaker over the Grizzlies. The Bears were hoping for an unbelievable comeback against Sacramento State but that was not the case. Can the Grizzlies lock up the title outright?...UM 38, UNC 21.

PSU @ ISU---What can be said about this otherwise meaningless game is how much confidence, if any, did the Bengals take from their near win over Montana. If they were happy with the idea of coming close, this game against the struggling Vikings will be close and they could get the win. But if there is a Grizzly hangover because they felt like they should have won the game...PSU 9, ISU 7.

Sac State @ MSU---Both the Hornets and the Bobcats started their games last week strong in the first half. However, the Hornets had to hang on against a scrappy Northern Colorado team, almost losing it at the end. The Bobcats, with help to their strong defense and some help from the weather, slowed down struggling Portland State. The Bobcats are still trying to get a solid resume for the playoffs, the Hornets are playing well but are playing for pride...MSU 24, Sac State 21.

100%GRIZ
November 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
EWU 28 SU 17

NAU 24 WEBER 35

UNC 10 UM 48

PSU 17 ISU 24

SAC ST 24 MSU 25

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM
EWU @ Southern Utah

NAU @ WSU by 3

UNC @ UM by 10

PSU @ ISU by 7

Sac State @ MSU by 9

I think all the home teams are gonna win this week. I think the Griz will come out and play better and have the Wa-Griz confines to help them get rolling again. WSU and NAU is going to be a close one I think. EWU should beat SUU but SUU is capable and can cause some problems. I think ISU may take something from last week and move forward. MSU should be able to win at home against Sac St.

putter
November 11th, 2009, 07:57 PM
9-7.. LMAO at that one and you could be right. I honestly think that ISU will be motivated with how they played last weekend and PSU looks like they have mailed it in and can't wait for this season to be over....ISU gets 1 for the win column

I Bleed Purple
November 12th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Given up on your team for the year, I take it Jalmond?

catbob
November 12th, 2009, 08:28 AM
ISU & PSU will probably be a shootout! Just because no one expects it.

wapiti
November 12th, 2009, 11:45 AM
EWU 34 @ Southern Utah 32---Tough choice here. I think EWU is a slightly better team, but SUU has home field advantage to make this a tie ball game on paper. So I will go with my BSC bias.

NAU 17 @ WSU 24---Another tough choice. I think home field advantage takes this one. As long as BBQ does not turn the ball over too much.

UNC 17 @ UM 28--- Were the Griz exposed last week? Are the bears studying that game tape to see what ISU did against the Griz? The Griz probably studied that tape too and will attempt to correct some mistakes.

PSU 21 @ ISU 24---The clunker game of the week. ISU suddenly has some confidence going and PSU seems to be losing confidence. Home field advantage wins it.

Sac State 17 @ MSU 34--- Sac state seems to have some momentum going, except for the 2nd half last week. MSU has momentum going too and home field advantage.
Additional info: Bozeman currently has almost 2 feet of snow on the ground and still snowing!!!!!

Silenoz
November 12th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I guarantee the differential in the UM-UNC game is bigger than that of the MSU-CSUS game

(for what that's worth xlolx)

Native
November 12th, 2009, 12:36 PM
EWU 35 @ Southern Utah 34

The T-Birds will not be the pushovers that some Eagles fans seem to expect.

NAU 24 @ WSU 28

Weather will affect Northern Arizona more than Weber. When the Wildcats stop NAU in the red zone, the Lumberjack field goal attempts will not be as easy as at home in the dome at 7,000 feet.

UNC 17 @ UM 34

UNC puts up a decent effort.

PSU 21 @ ISU 23

The Bengals pull one off.

Sac State 21 @ MSU 23

Bobcats stay alive for their finale against the Griz.

Grizzaholic
November 12th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Why even do predictions. All the BSC teams are awful and should move back to D-II. They don't belong in the FCS. That is what I have been "schooled" on in the last few days.

catatac
November 13th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I guarantee the differential in the UM-UNC game is bigger than that of the MSU-CSUS game

(for what that's worth xlolx)

I would be willing to place a wager on that one...

Silenoz
November 13th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I would be willing to place a wager on that one...

Name it

saccat
November 13th, 2009, 11:04 AM
The losers girlfriend as to go to CAT/griz naked.

Bronco
November 13th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I've always thought a good bet would be the looser would wear a Snuggie to the ball game.
Ad says lots of people do it.
Comes in both school colors

http://www.infomercial-hell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/snuggie-sports.jpg

Bronco
November 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM
And I think Sac State beats the other State team tomorrow

catatac
November 13th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Name it

Ok... so are we saying differential regardless of winner? Fopr example, if the Cats win by 1 point but the Griz lose by 2... would you win the bet? :)

JALMOND
November 13th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Ok... so are we saying differential regardless of winner? Fopr example, if the Cats win by 1 point but the Griz lose by 2... would you win the bet? :)

Being impartial here as I don't have a horse in the race, I would think if team A wins and team B loses, whoever bet on team A would win. If both lose, whoever's team lost by the fewest points would win. If both teams win, whoever's team won by the most points win. I'll let you guys decide in the event of a tie.xthumbsupx

catatac
November 13th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Sounds good and I would agree with that. Friendly wager, loser buys the winner a drink... winner's choice. If you're going to Cat\Griz we can settle up there!

Walkon79
November 13th, 2009, 12:55 PM
EWU

WSU

UM

ISU

MSU

Silenoz
November 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Sounds good and I would agree with that. Friendly wager, loser buys the winner a drink... winner's choice. If you're going to Cat\Griz we can settle up there!

That I can do

09griz
November 13th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I honestly see NAU beating Weber state in a close one. I'm gonna go ahead and say NAU 35 Weber 34. Come from behind touch to take the lead late in the fourth for NAU. MARK MY WORDS WILDCATS, YOU'RE DONE! :)

I Bleed Purple
November 13th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I honestly see NAU beating Weber state in a close one. I'm gonna go ahead and say NAU 35 Weber 34. Come from behind touch to take the lead late in the fourth for NAU. MARK MY WORDS WILDCATS, YOU'RE DONE! :)

I'll take your words to heart since I've trusted your other posts on this board.

JALMOND
November 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
And down the stretch they come!!! Here we are at the last full slate of Big Sky conference games as three teams, UNC, PSU, and ISU all play their last games this weekend. We still have a lot left to decide. Whereas Montana has pretty much locked up the auto bid into the playoffs, we still do not know how many other Big Sky teams, if any, will join them. This week's predictions. Currently I am at 45-9, hoping to get better. All are still my opinions and all are open for discussion. Here they are.

EWU @ Southern Utah---The Eagles are one of those other teams that are still talking playoffs, after the NCAA removed the postseason ban two weeks ago. After taking last week off, this week they are on the road at the Great West's Southern Utah. In order to leave their fate squarely in the hands of the committee, the Eagles need this game. Can they do it?...EWU 31, Southern Utah 28.

NAU @ WSU---The conference's game of the week as both teams need to win out in order for a chance for the postseason. The Jacks return to conference play after a good showing at the SEC's Mississippi team. The Wildcats had two weeks to shake off the Montana disappointment and get back on track. Someone will have their season ended after this weekend...WSU 35, NAU 27.

UNC @ UM---Lost in the close, perplexing win at Idaho State last week was the fact that the Grizzlies locked up at least a tie for the conference title, with only Montana State having a legitimate shot at winning the tie breaker over the Grizzlies. The Bears were hoping for an unbelievable comeback against Sacramento State but that was not the case. Can the Grizzlies lock up the title outright?...UM 38, UNC 21.

PSU @ ISU---What can be said about this otherwise meaningless game is how much confidence, if any, did the Bengals take from their near win over Montana. If they were happy with the idea of coming close, this game against the struggling Vikings will be close and they could get the win. But if there is a Grizzly hangover because they felt like they should have won the game...PSU 9, ISU 7.

Sac State @ MSU---Both the Hornets and the Bobcats started their games last week strong in the first half. However, the Hornets had to hang on against a scrappy Northern Colorado team, almost losing it at the end. The Bobcats, with help to their strong defense and some help from the weather, slowed down struggling Portland State. The Bobcats are still trying to get a solid resume for the playoffs, the Hornets are playing well but are playing for pride...MSU 24, Sac State 21.

4-1 this week puts me at 49-10 for the year. Still in line for a good season, but missed matching my best (9 misses).