gophoenix
November 11th, 2009, 03:49 PM
http://www.southernpigskin.com/index.php/site/old_north_state_blog9/

DLS
November 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM
that's probably gonna piss some people off

T-Dog
November 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Elon’s home field, Rhodes Stadium, officially seats 11,250 people but on Saturday I expect more than 20,000 people will be trying to find a way into see the game.

If 20,000 people find their way into Rhodes Stadium, people will die. That's not sarcasm or wit. Someone will get crushed or trampled on.

However, it's probably not going to happen. 15,000 at the absolute most.

Touchdown Yosef
November 11th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Good article on playing up a big game in FCS. The Southern Fried Football Tour has officially bumped NC State Clemson off their schedule to be in attendance for this game.

Saint3333
November 11th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Hyperbole at it's finest:

"this weekend’s matchup stands to rank as one of the biggest games in conference history"

The playoff games (six) between Marshall, GSU, Furman, and ASU were bigger than this and some of the regular season matchups were bigger (Furman/Marshall late 80's, ASU/Marshall mid-90's, ASU/GSU/Furman 1998-2001), ASU/Wofford 2008. This game would not be in the top 5 maybe not in the top 10.

This is a big game and certainly the biggest game in the ASU/Elon series no doubt, but this comment discredits the huge matchups from a historically tough SoCon.

"on Saturday I expect more than 20,000 people will be trying to find a way into see the game"

More than 15K is highly unlikely due to size of the facility

KiddBrewer
November 11th, 2009, 04:34 PM
that's probably gonna piss some people off

what part

gophoenix
November 11th, 2009, 06:44 PM

I could see 20k saint. That doesn't mean 20k will get in, it means 2k might be standing around total with people outside. 2 years ago with the 13000 fan game that they capped, they estimate 1500 people outside the fences watching. If they close the gates, could you not see people doing that there too? Just a thought.

Touchdown Yosef
November 11th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Hyperbole at it's finest:

"this weekend’s matchup stands to rank as one of the biggest games in conference history"

The playoff games (six) between Marshall, GSU, Furman, and ASU were bigger than this and some of the regular season matchups were bigger (Furman/Marshall late 80's, ASU/Marshall mid-90's, ASU/GSU/Furman 1998-2001), ASU/Wofford 2008. This game would not be in the top 5 maybe not in the top 10.

This is a big game and certainly the biggest game in the ASU/Elon series no doubt, but this comment discredits the huge matchups from a historically tough SoCon.

"on Saturday I expect more than 20,000 people will be trying to find a way into see the game"

It deserves all the billing. I believe I read its the first time in over 20 years that two undefeated conference opponents have met this late in the season. We'll see how it all plays out but its a big game and well deserving of all the attention and build up.

james_lawfirm
November 11th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hyperbole at it's finest: "this weekend’s matchup stands to rank as one of the biggest games in conference history"

Maybe UNC can get to go play in the Hyperbowl!

AppAlum96
November 11th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I really dug that article until I read the rankings that have ASU and Elon ranked ahead of only WCU in North Carolina. I'll forgive it, though.

ASUG8
November 11th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I really dug that article until I read the rankings that have ASU and Elon ranked ahead of only WCU in North Carolina. I'll forgive it, though.

I thought the same thing - we could both beat Wake....err...um......nevermind. xlolx

j/k Feenix. xpeacex

appstate38
November 11th, 2009, 08:15 PM
They can be ranked ahead of us (Elon,App) all they want.... Fact is, both SoCon teams will win more games this year than the "Big 4"

DLS
November 11th, 2009, 09:07 PM
what part

part where it says the app vs elon game is the biggest game of the year in nc.

acc still believes their ***** dont stink.xcoolx

AppAlum96
November 12th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I love how the article talks up how everyone should be interested in this game, and then he goes on to show that he considers Elon and App to be the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in their own state. Lovely.

elonfan06
November 12th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Am I hearing this right that App and Elon fans are agreeing on something? hahahaha. I think we ALL can agree that Saturday can't come soon enough!

GO PHOENIX! (BEAT APP!)

BlackNGold
November 12th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Am I hearing this right that App and Elon fans are agreeing on something? hahahaha. I think we ALL can agree that Saturday can't come soon enough!

GO PHOENIX! (BEAT APP!)

Reverse Those ^^^

CamelCityAppFan
November 12th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I love how the article talks up how everyone should be interested in this game, and then he goes on to show that he considers Elon and App to be the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in their own state. Lovely.

He's not saying they're the 2nd & 3rd worst in the state. He has them in his top 10, and there are more than 10 college football teams in the state.

AppAlum96
November 12th, 2009, 12:58 PM
He's not saying they're the 2nd & 3rd worst in the state. He has them in his top 10, and there are more than 10 college football teams in the state.

Ah. So WCU is better than a bunch of other teams in NC?

PhoenixMan
November 12th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I thought the same thing - we could both beat Wake....err...um......nevermind. xlolx

j/k Feenix. xpeacex

That's right, and probably ECU also....ooopps.xrotatehx

ASUG8
November 12th, 2009, 01:30 PM
That's right, and probably ECU also....ooopps.xrotatehx

Knew that was coming, I just thought at LEAST ONE of you guys would have caught it by now. xlolx

CamelCityAppFan
November 12th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Apparently. (I never said the guy was smart...)

gophoenix
November 12th, 2009, 02:13 PM

The Site is solely for SEC, ACC, SoCon. So no, It's just the NC teams from those conferences + ECU. He doesn't go into Pioneer, MEAC, Big South, SAC-8, UNCP, ODAC or USA South. Which should just about cover the rest of the teams.

AppAlum96
November 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM
The Site is solely for SEC, ACC, SoCon. So no, It's just the NC teams from those conferences + ECU. He doesn't go into Pioneer, MEAC, Big South, SAC-8, UNCP, ODAC or USA South. Which should just about cover the rest of the teams.

So, in other words, as I'd originally said, he thinks APP and Elon are the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in NC, that he covers?

CamelCityAppFan
November 12th, 2009, 02:45 PM
So, in other words, as I'd originally said, he thinks APP and Elon are the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in NC, that he covers?

I guess that's more or less accurate. But it's still dumb (on his part, not yours).

gophoenix
November 12th, 2009, 02:54 PM

Yes, but not sure why people are saying that's dumb. Elon lost to Wake big. App lost to ECU. So where would you rank either of our teams?

CamelCityAppFan
November 12th, 2009, 03:03 PM
It's the notion of a "power ranking" of only 8 teams that bothers me. And it's not really a power ranking-- a power ranking would take a set of data, create an index and rank them based on that.

As far as where I would rank Elon or App? I'd put them ahead of NC State, that's for sure...

AppAlum96
November 12th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Yes, but not sure why people are saying that's dumb. Elon lost to Wake big. App lost to ECU. So where would you rank either of our teams?

Well, in my original post, I'd pointed out how funny it was that he was talking up this game as the best game in NC this year, and later in the same post reveals that it is a game between who he considers the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in NC that he covers. That's all. I wasn't arguing with the rankings, specifically (though I could, lol) just that they seem to fly in the face of the rest of the article.