PDA

View Full Version : fun facts that no one really cares about (minus the griz fans)

bigskyrocks
November 11th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Montana’s win over ISU was its 114th victory since the start of the 2000 season. Montana will finish the decade with the most wins of any Division I team. Appalachian State is the closest pursuer at the FCS level with 96 victories and can finish with no more than 104 wins. Oklahoma, Boise State and Texas all have 107 victories at the FBS level. Boise State has four regular-season games remaining and one Bowl game, meaning they can only get to 112 victories. Texas has the potential for five more wins, as does Oklahoma. Montana has an overall winning percentage of .838 (114-22) this decade, which ranks first among FCS teams and third among all Division I teams.

its also there 24 straight winning season and their 12 straight big sky championship/cochampionship.

and according to wikipedia they have only lost 20 home games at wa griz. but who know how accurate that is..

there some usless facts for somebody who wants em they may be wrong or right i was bored and dicided to do this.

uofmman1122
November 11th, 2009, 01:14 AM
I pointed the most victories of any Division 1 team out to a guy from Virginia that I work with, and he started the whole, "Well, it's not really that impressive because they aren't playing any real teams, since they're just a DII school" routine. xnonono2x

I kindly reminded him that Virginia lost to William & Mary this year, which is also a DI FCS team. He had nothing. xlolx

WUTNDITWAA
November 11th, 2009, 07:15 AM
This decade doesn't end until after 2010. It started in 2001, along with the century and melenium.

But contrats, none-the-less. It's still an impressive mark.

UNIFanSince1983
November 11th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Formality I know, but we have playoffs and thus have more opportunities for victories right? I know they can play 12 regular season games, and Texas and Oklahoma have the Big 12 championship and a bowl, but the most they could win is 14 while the most an FCS team could win is 15.

Silenoz
November 11th, 2009, 10:43 AM
This decade doesn't end until after 2010. It started in 2001, along with the century and melenium.

But contrats, none-the-less. It's still an impressive mark.
Technically you are correct. But who really looks at it that way? Was 1990 a part of the decade that was the "80's?"