PDA

View Full Version : MEAC - Week 11 Predictions

DSUrocks07
November 10th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Only two weeks left in the season for the conference and everyone's hand is now shown. SC State is the odds on favorite to win the MEAC title and the autobid for the NCAA playoffs. Still undefeated in conference play, the Bulldogs can clinch a share of the crown this weekend with a victory over Morgan State. The Bears are on a three game losing streak and will look to turn things around with a shocker in O'Burg.

The Rattlers will be pulling for them as Florida A&M will need SCSU to drop their last two games to have any chance at the MEAC Championship. They still have to do their part however, as they travel on the road to Hampton where the Pirates, in the midst of a long disappointing season, are hoping to build towards next year.

Bethune-Cookman, we hardly knew ye...yes, the same Bethune-Cookman that lost its opening game of the season to Shaw University (D2), has an outside shot of finishing the 2009 campaign with a winning record. Currently at 4-5 with two games left against Howard and FAMU in the Florida Classic, Alvin Wyatt has his young Wildcats focused and with something to play for. Howard is still looking for its first conference win in 18 MEAC games.

MEAC Game of the Week: NSU @ DSU
During the last offseason, Delaware State signed a contract to play Michigan in Ann Arbor on 10/17 for $550,000. The only problem was that they were scheduled to play at North Carolina A&T on that same day. The DSU athletic department attempted to work with its conference members to remedy this situation and was willing to use some of the take from the Michigan game to do this. An offer was on the table at one point to have the A&T game moved to 11/14, and have the game with Norfolk State moved to 10/3. DSU was willing to pay both schools for the expense and hassle in good faith. However the president of NSU publically made a statement that they would not move the game with DSU (because of playing 11 straight weeks without a bye). This put the Hornets in a bind and led to "The Forfeit" and reprimands from the MEAC conference. (about $100,000 to A&T and $150,000 fine to the MEAC).

In my eyes, this means that the Spartans are due for a quarter-million dollar asswhoopin this weekend xsmiley_wix

Norfolk State is at 5-4 and looking to continue to build up its program, Delaware State is 3-6 and looking towards next year, however it is the outside factors that makes this the MEAC GOTW.

BYE: North Carolina A&Txnonono2x

GAMES THIS WEEK:

Bethune-Cookman (4-5) @ Howard (2-7)
1:00pm

Norfolk State (5-4) @ Delaware State (3-6)

Florida A&M (7-2) @ Hampton (4-5)

Morgan State (5-4) @ South Carolina State (8-1)
1:30pm

iceman4221
November 11th, 2009, 05:55 AM
GAMES THIS WEEK:

Bethune-Cookman (4-5) @ Howard (2-7)

Norfolk State (5-4) @ Delaware State (3-6)

Morgan State (5-4) @ South Carolina State (8-1)
1:30pm

That's how we see it from here... The road teams will win, except in Orangeburg SC xcoffeex

Pitbull
November 11th, 2009, 08:10 AM
This is the game of the week...Isn't this Joe Taylors first trip back to Hampton since he left....? Hampton will be looking to mess up FAMU's plans for a playoff berth and knock them from the polls.....Pulley has a groin strain ...If he is not 100% Battle will have to take the reigns...If FAMU runs in to the wrong Hampton team ....They will lose.....

This is my upset special....Hampton will steal this one...

HiU - 28
FAMU - 27

RattlerFan70
November 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Bethune-Cookman @ Howard

Norfolk State @ Delaware State

Florida A&M @Hampton

Morgan State @ South Carolina State

RattlerFan70
November 11th, 2009, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=Pitbull;1460921]This is the game of the week...Isn't this Joe Taylors first trip back to Hampton since he left....? Hampton will be looking to mess up FAMU's plans for a playoff berth and knock them from the polls.....Pulley has a groin strain ...If he is not 100% Battle will have to take the reigns...If FAMU runs in to the wrong Hampton team ....They will lose.....

Pulley will be starting the game on Saturday...
http://rattlernews.tallahassee.com/article/20091110/FAMU03/911100332

Pitbull
November 11th, 2009, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=Pitbull;1460921]This is the game of the week...Isn't this Joe Taylors first trip back to Hampton since he left....? Hampton will be looking to mess up FAMU's plans for a playoff berth and knock them from the polls.....Pulley has a groin strain ...If he is not 100% Battle will have to take the reigns...If FAMU runs in to the wrong Hampton team ....They will lose.....

Pulley will be starting the game on Saturday...
http://rattlernews.tallahassee.com/article/20091110/FAMU03/911100332

We shall see....xwhistlex

DSUrocks07
November 13th, 2009, 03:13 PM
This is the game of the week...Isn't this Joe Taylors first trip back to Hampton since he left....? Hampton will be looking to mess up FAMU's plans for a playoff berth and knock them from the polls.....Pulley has a groin strain ...If he is not 100% Battle will have to take the reigns...If FAMU runs in to the wrong Hampton team ....They will lose.....

HiU - 28
FAMU - 27

Hampton's lackluster performances for the last couple years have taken some of the shine off of this game. FAMU is rolling again, this one will NOT be close at all.

Big Dawg
November 13th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I got FAMU, BCU, Norfolk State, and SCSU.

If the MSU vs. SCSU game was being played in Baltimore, I would probably choose MSU in an upset...but since it's not, SCSU rolls.

WestCoastAggie
November 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM
My MEAC "upset": Howard wins a squeaker against Shine and the Wildcats.

Pitbull
November 14th, 2009, 02:43 PM

HiU - 28
FAMU - 27

The only thing I was wrong about was the fact it would be close....FAMU ran into the wrong HiU team...plus Pulley couldn't go and Battle stunk it up.....xconfusedx

Dane96
November 14th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Could we end all the FAMU playoff talk now.

The MEAC is getting its auto...

art vandelay
November 14th, 2009, 03:22 PM
your all winners

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2009, 03:26 PM
The only thing I was wrong about was the fact it would be close....FAMU ran into the wrong HiU team...plus Pulley couldn't go and Battle stunk it up.....xconfusedx

All Taylor had to do was play Marti Ukpai instead of Battle...I mean after TWO first half interceptions...Ukpai is a younger Curtis Pulley.

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Could we end all the FAMU playoff talk now.

The MEAC is getting its auto...

Well OBVIOUSLY...

Dane96
November 14th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I was being facitious...as in...you are getting your autobid at that's it...NOT a chance you get an at-large.

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I was being facitious...as in...you are getting your autobid at that's it...NOT a chance you get an at-large.

This is not the time...

Dane96
November 14th, 2009, 03:52 PM
NM

Big Dawg
November 14th, 2009, 04:03 PM
NM

Sorry, we Rattler fans take football seriously...LOL...however being Rattlers fans, we'll be back claiming that we are the BEST team in the nation regardless of what happened today...xlolx

R.A.
November 14th, 2009, 04:07 PM

HiU - 28
FAMU - 27

Great callxthumbsupx

R.A.
November 14th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I got FAMU, BCU, Norfolk State, and SCSU.

If the MSU vs. SCSU game was being played in Baltimore, I would probably choose MSU in an upset...but since it's not, SCSU rolls.

Morgan plays SCSU better in Orangeburg, than they do in Baltimore.