PDA

View Full Version : FCS/Spiders on ESPN Commercial

Eight Legger
November 10th, 2009, 12:49 PM
This probably isn't a huge deal, but ESPN is running a commercial for its fall championship coverage and it features a bunch of clips of Richmond, UNI and Montana from last year's playoffs. Pretty cool to see and great FCS exposure. Now if only ESPN would actually promote the playoffs this much when they are actually taking place...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfJxBETx-08

UNH Fanboi
November 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Cool. Some of the chicks are cute too.

BlackNGold
November 10th, 2009, 12:51 PM
No App State... Didn't like it.... Course after last years playoff performance we didn't deserve it... :(

AppAlum2003
November 10th, 2009, 01:01 PM
They do one of these commercials every season to talk about the NCAA Championships. ASU was in the 2006, 2007 and 2008 commercial.

theasushow
November 10th, 2009, 01:40 PM
enjoy it while we can. we all know what happens to fcs coverage when bowl season gets here....

Eight Legger
November 10th, 2009, 01:50 PM
No kidding. I am curious to see if anything changes next year once the title game is moved to January. Wishful thinking, I know.

ItsyBitsySpider
November 10th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks. I saw that commercial and was hoping it would find its way to YouTube.

unicat87
November 10th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks for sharing that! -unicat87 :)

ncman071
November 10th, 2009, 05:34 PM
No App State... Didn't like it.... Course after last years playoff performance we didn't deserve it... :(

Really?? I know we didn't play well against Richmond, but we still made it to the playoffs and beat a solid SC State team before losing to the eventual national champs.

BlackNGold
November 10th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Really?? I know we didn't play well against Richmond, but we still made it to the playoffs and beat a solid SC State team before losing to the eventual national champs.

Well if we woulda played well against Richmond Don't ya think that coulda been us playin for the championship again? ... Not playing well against Richmond designates a bad playoff performance, Yes

MacThor
November 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM

The team that got "shafted" by that commercial is JMU. Only Final Four team not shown. That spinning Dudzik play on the GL would have "montaged" well.

Head Cat
November 10th, 2009, 08:57 PM
If you are talking about the NCAA commercials that have been running, they actually have a huge mistake in them. At the end, they mention the 13 conferences of FBS, with logos for each. They leave out the Great West Conference.

South Carolina Duke
November 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM
The team that got "shafted" by that commercial is JMU. Only Final Four team not shown. That spinning Dudzik play on the GL would have "montaged" well.

That was an awesome play by #9 last year!

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2009, 07:35 AM

Fire the marketing teamxsmhxxsmhxxsmhx

jmufan999
November 11th, 2009, 08:01 AM

Drew Dudzik is the f'ing man. that was a wild, wild play.

AppStsGr8
November 11th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Glad for the FCS coverage however brief it might be. I'm surprised they didn't figure a way to get Tebow in there somehow.