PDA

View Full Version : CAA Week 11 Predictions

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2009, 04:49 PM
URI @ (1-8/0-6) Maine (4-5/3-3) by 1-2 TDs

JMU (4-5/2-4) @ UMass (5-4/3-3). JMU by 1-2 TDs.
Interesting comparing the 3 common opponents:
UD. JMU won @ UD by 12 (20-8). UMass lost @ UD by 16. (JMU + 28)
UR: JMU lost at home by 4 (21-17). UMass lost @ UR by 22 (34-12). (JMU +18)
Maine: JMU beat by 8 at home (22-14). UMass lost by 10 (19-9) @ Maine. (JMU +18)

So if this was at JMU I would say by 2-3 TDs. But its in New England, where JMU usually doesn't play all that well, so I'll go with 1-2 TDs

Villanova (8-1/5-1) @ Towson (2-7/1-5). Nova by 3-4 TDs. Nova has a little bit of a letdown after the huge UR win, but not that much of one, as they will remember last yr Towson almost pulled off the monster upset @ Nova losing 34-31.

Hofstra (4-5/2-5) @ Northeastern (1-8/1-5). HU by 2-3 TDs.

UNH (8-1/5-1)@ W&M (8-1/5-1) by 1-2 TDs in the CAA Game of the Week. W&M eliminates UNH from seed contention.

Georgetown (0-9)@ UR (8-1/6-1) by 8-9 TDs. 0-9 GU, 120 of 124 in I-AA in the Sagarin. This will get real ugly real fast. UR will probably have starters pulled if not by halftime, early 3rd qtr. Everyone who isn't redshirted will get to play. Even the waterboys...

UD (6-3/4-3)@ Navy (7-3). by 2-3 TDs. Navy might have a little bit of a letdown after their monster upset of ND, but they will also remember the last time they played UD in 07'. Devlin might throw a couple of TD passes (if he has the time) but UD won't be able to stop the triple option.

93henfan
November 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Rhode Island 21 @ Maine 35
JMU 24 @ UMass 28
Villanova 45 @ Towson 10
Hofstra 34 @ Northeastern 17
New Hampshire 17 @ William & Mary 27
Georgetown 10 @ Richmond 52
Delaware 24 @ Navy 49

JMU Newbill
November 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM
UMASS, Nova, Maine, URI, Hofstra, W&M, UR, and Delaware

93henfan
November 9th, 2009, 05:20 PM

If the Hens pull this game off, your beers are on me in Harrisonburg next year. xthumbsupx

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Little faith there? xeyebrowx

And UD over Navy xeyebrowx

iceman4221
November 9th, 2009, 05:27 PM
UMass
Villanova
Hofstra
William & Mary
Richmond
Navy

rcny46
November 9th, 2009, 05:29 PM
BDKJMU,I agree with all your picks save one.I think UMass comes out on top against JMU.I can't figure The Minutemen out-on paper they look great,but have at times this year looked awful.Really no excuse for losing to Maine.Both lines are talented ,as are the receivers,LB's,RB's,and secondary.I thought going into the season that this team was scary.Anyway,I think they atone somewhat this week for a disapointing season.

jlcharles
November 9th, 2009, 05:32 PM
UMass over JMU
Nova over Towson
Maine over URI
Hofstra over Northeastern
W&M over UNH
Richmond over Georgetown
Navy over UDel

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2009, 05:37 PM
This is the best navy team in a while.. and Delaware doesn't have Joe Flacco and Omar cuff this year.

93henfan
November 9th, 2009, 05:42 PM
This is the best navy team in a while.. and Delaware doesn't have Joe Flacco and Omar cuff this year.

I think that's why everyone (except my new favorite JMU poster) is picking Navy and those picking scores are doing so with a victory margin of multiple touchdowns. This isn't really a revelation. Navy had OSU on the ropes in The Horseshoe and beat ND in South Bend worse than the final score indicated.

WrenFGun
November 9th, 2009, 06:35 PM
UMass over JMU (UMass will win by 7-10, IMO)
Nova over Towson
Maine over URI
Hofstra over Northeastern
W&M over UNH (I think UNH will lose by less than a TD)
Richmond over Georgetown
Navy over UD

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Rhode Island 14 @ Maine 28-
Maine is always a difficult place to play, regardless of how bad the Maine team is. Compounding this is the fact that URI is not a good team. Maine has it's way with the Rams, but the score will end up closer than the game will actually be on the field.

JMU 35@ UMass 31-
JMU hit rock bottom in the final two games of it's four game losing streak scoring a total of three points in the losses against Villanova and William & Mary including the shutout by Villanova at Bridgeforth. UMass brings the leagues best pass offense against JMU's league best pass defense. I think Justin Thorpe and Arthur Moats have big games and lead the Dukes to a narrow win in Amherst.

Villanova 48 @ Towson 7-
Villanova will travel south for the second week in a row, this time to take on the lowly Tigers. I don't see this game being close like the last two meetings as Towson doesn't have Sean Schaefer to keep the game close with his arm. This game gives Villanova an opportunity to try some new things to try and fool with Delaware. I wouldn't be totally surprised if The 'Cats come out throwing again this week even though they should be able to run the ball on Towson's defense.

Hofstra 34 @ Northeastern 17-
Northeastern may be the worst team I've seen play against Villanova all the season. I haven't seen too much of Hofstra, but I'm pretty sure they're going to go to Parsons and win by two scores or more.

New Hampshire 17 @ William & Mary 24-
The Game of the Week in the CAA has serious title implications. It's safe to say that the team that loses this game is out of the title hunt, but UNH can clinch the autobid if they win out, but I don't think they will. W&M recovers an onside kick after a late UNH touchdown to Ice the game.

Georgetown 0 @ Richmond 56-
Thank god for GTown fans that basketball season is approaching quickly because they're just flat out horrific (Even though the basketball team IMO is NIT bound.) Richmond is still IMO the second best team in the country and they'll be angry enough to want to put a hurtin' on the lowly hoyas.

Delaware 17 @ Navy 45-
This Navy team may be the best in years while Delaware is fighting for it's playoff life. The upperclassmen on the Navy roster will want to avenge their loss at the hands of Joe Flacco and the Hens two years ago. The mids will run for over 400 yards in the process of ending the Blue Hen playoff chances.

Madisonian
November 9th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Rhode Island 14 @ Maine 28-
Maine is always a difficult place to play, regardless of how bad the Maine team is. Compounding this is the fact that URI is not a good team. Maine has it's way with the Rams, but the score will end up closer than the game will actually be on the field.

JMU 35@ UMass 31-
JMU hit rock bottom in the final two games of it's four game losing streak scoring a total of three points in the losses against Villanova and William & Mary including the shutout by Villanova at Bridgeforth. UMass brings the leagues best pass offense against JMU's league best pass defense. I think Justin Thorpe and Arthur Moats have big games and lead the Dukes to a narrow win in Amherst.

Villanova 48 @ Towson 7-
Villanova will travel south for the second week in a row, this time to take on the lowly Tigers. I don't see this game being close like the last two meetings as Towson doesn't have Sean Schaefer to keep the game close with his arm. This game gives Villanova an opportunity to try some new things to try and fool with Delaware. I wouldn't be totally surprised if The 'Cats come out throwing again this week even though they should be able to run the ball on Towson's defense.

Hofstra 34 @ Northeastern 17-
Northeastern may be the worst team I've seen play against Villanova all the season. I haven't seen too much of Hofstra, but I'm pretty sure they're going to go to Parsons and win by two scores or more.

New Hampshire 17 @ William & Mary 24-
The Game of the Week in the CAA has serious title implications. It's safe to say that the team that loses this game is out of the title hunt, but UNH can clinch the autobid if they win out, but I don't think they will. W&M recovers an onside kick after a late UNH touchdown to Ice the game.

Georgetown 0 @ Richmond 56-
Thank god for GTown fans that basketball season is approaching quickly because they're just flat out horrific (Even though the basketball team IMO is NIT bound.) Richmond is still IMO the second best team in the country and they'll be angry enough to want to put a hurtin' on the lowly hoyas.

Delaware 17 @ Navy 45-
This Navy team may be the best in years while Delaware is fighting for it's playoff life. The upperclassmen on the Navy roster will want to avenge their loss at the hands of Joe Flacco and the Hens two years ago. The mids will run for over 400 yards in the process of ending the Blue Hen playoff chances.

I agree with the above with the following exceptions: JMU/UMass 24/21. And the Towson/Nova game is tighter. Nova by 14.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 9th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Now that students of AGS have spoken,.... xsmiley_wix

UD 22 @ Navy 38 :( UDel outpoints Uncle Charlie, but Mids just too strong overall. However, here's hoping that the Hens find a way!! xthumbsupx

Hofstra 17 @ Northeastern 7 xpeacex Hofstra continues to prep for a promising 2010.

URI 0 @ UMaine 80 xrotatehx URI can score only on 1 team in FCS as students of AGS know.

JMU 81 @ UMass 10 xbawlingx As students of AGS know, UMass really is terrible.

Villanova 82 @ Towson 10 xcoffeex No letdown for Sir Andy & Co. His boys will spend the week volunteering to help discover the sub-molecular causes of acne, then suit up Saturday for the glory of 'Nova.

Georgetown 0 @ Richmond 83 xwhistlex Now that we know MOV means so much, Spidahs go for the glory. Too bad Hoyas can't get that terrible UMass team on the schedule.

UNH 0 @ W&M 84 xsmhx Face it. The 'Cats have been lucky up to now. As students of AGS know, UMass really is quite terrible. Good thing they don't have to battle ISU.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I agree with the above with the following exceptions: JMU/UMass 24/21. And the Towson/Nova game is tighter. Nova by 14.

I don't think the 'Nova-Towson game is tight at all.. Villanova is too good on offense and defense and Towson gives the ball up far too much. Perhaps you're right about the JMU game..

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Now that students of AGS have spoken,.... xsmiley_wix

UD 22 @ Navy 38 :( UDel outpoints Uncle Charlie, but Mids just too strong overall. However, here's hoping that the Hens find a way!! xthumbsupx

Hofstra 17 @ Northeastern 7 xpeacex Hofstra continues to prep for a promising 2010.

URI 0 @ UMaine 80 xrotatehx URI can score only on 1 team in FCS as students of AGS know.

JMU 81 @ UMass 10 xbawlingx As students of AGS know, UMass really is terrible.

Villanova 82 @ Towson 10 xcoffeex No letdown for Sir Andy & Co. His boys will spend the week volunteering to help discover the sub-molecular causes of acne, then suit up Saturday for the glory of 'Nova.

Georgetown 0 @ Richmond 83 xwhistlex Now that we know MOV means so much, Spidahs go for the glory. Too bad Hoyas can't get that terrible UMass team on the schedule.

UNH 0 @ W&M 84 xsmhx Face it. The 'Cats have been lucky up to now. As students of AGS know, UMass really is quite terrible. Good thing they don't have to battle ISU.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Looks like the White Russians have been flowing west of the boarderxnodx

MacThor
November 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Oh my, I wouldn't want to be Georgetown this week.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 9th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Looks like the White Russians have been flowing west of the borderxnodx

.... and north ..... and south .....

Wildcat Fans unite against the tyranny that surrounds us! xpeacex

WrenFGun
November 9th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I am leading the charge and expect numerous negative rep points!

If only everyone else had the correct opinion, like myself, we'd be in a better place.

kdinva
November 9th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Maine 33; URI 16
UMass 27; JMU 17
Villanova 46; Towson 13
Hofstra 26; N'eastern 18
Wm & Mary 27; UNH 22
UR 57; G'town 6
Navy 38; Delaware 19

Ivytalk
November 9th, 2009, 08:26 PM
UMass
Villanova
Hofstra
William & Mary
Richmond
Navy

xnodxxbowxxthumbsupx

4th and What?
November 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM
In college football, the transitive win property is always correct. UD > UMass > UNH > Villanova > Temple > Navy then UD > Navy. xrulesx

UNH Fanboi
November 9th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Anyone gonna pick UNH over W&M? Anyone? Bueller?

93henfan
November 9th, 2009, 08:36 PM

Money talks.

Wildcat80
November 9th, 2009, 08:58 PM

I NEVER pick against UNH! Especially not a week where they play that girl's school from va--mary & bill. or is it mary washington? always get them mixed up. Go Wildcats!! xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I would pick UNH over W&M were the game to be in Durham, but this william and mary team is legit

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 9th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Looks like the White Russians have been flowing west of the boarderxnodx

Be careful VT 53 is a lot closer to your abode than you think!! ;) :D

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 9th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Be careful VT 53 is a lot closer to your abode than you think!! ;) :D

:D:D:D xthumbsupx

Dukie95
November 10th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Rhode Island 13 @ Maine 24
JMU 10 @ UMass 17
Villanova 45 @ Towson 10
Hofstra 28 @ Northeastern 17
New Hampshire 24 @ William & Mary 28
Georgetown 0 @ Richmond 56
Delaware 14 @ Navy 42

I picked JMU last week because JMU was home, now I'm picking UMass this week in Amherst. UMass = Maine = JMU : home team wins.

JMU Newbill
November 10th, 2009, 07:35 AM
If the Hens pull this game off, your beers are on me in Harrisonburg next year. xthumbsupx

Navy is coming off of what is arguably their biggest win in decades. If there was ever an opportunity for Delaware to sneak up on them, it would be this weekend.

Delaware has a qb that has the potential to perform well. Do you think Devlin would have been scared playing against Navy if he was on Penn State? Devlin has been there, he's played FBS teams. There won't be any shock value to the qb and that is a good starting point.

I'm not saying Delaware will win because Devlin is god, but I do think a combination of having an FBS experienced qb and Navy's big win last week gives UD a good chance of pulling the upset.

JMU Newbill
November 10th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Little faith there? xeyebrowx

And UD over Navy xeyebrowx

We don't travel well unless its in-state. We really don't travel well to the northeast.

89Hen
November 10th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Maine 24 - URI 13
JMU 28 - UMass 24
Villanova 38 - Towson 10 (Nova pulls starters early)
Hofstra 31 - Northeastern 13
William & Mary 35 - New Hampshire 24
Richmond 42 - Georgetown 0
Navy 23 - Delaware 10 xeyebrowx

JMUNJ08
November 10th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Rhode Island 10 @ Maine 27
Orono is where the heart is for this Maine team. URI played well last week but don't expect it two weeks in a row.

JMU 17 @ UMass 23
JMU is competitive again! Coming off its 2nd straight CAA win they get shipped off to UMass. Thorpe is leading the offense better but still turning the ball over (2 INT vs. Maine). UMass doesn't know which team will show up. HOWEVER, look at their w/l home (5-0) and away (0-4). This game is at home for them so I think the outcome is obvious with JMU's traveling woes (besides that #1 UNH team:))

Villanova 37 @ Towson 20
Towson shows up and Nova could not and the score still wouldn't be close. Towson will put up a few points though.

Hofstra 24 @ Northeastern 11
Parsons is a mystique I hope to witness in the near future. Until then, the flying dutchmen will have fond memories after Saturday.

New Hampshire 20 @ William & Mary 25
One of the few big games this week around the country pitting two playoff teams against each other for seeding/home game implications. UNH struggled last week against URI but was able to out gun them. W&M won't let the score get that high with their defense and that will be the difference in this game.

Georgetown 3 @ Richmond 48
Greg Monroe will have a HUGE game for G'Town as they roll up on Richmond in this early season battle. Oops wrong sport. UR may score the same amount of points they would if they played on the hardwood. Idaho State anyone????

Delaware 21 @ Navy 41
UD hasn't played well @ home the last two weeks splitting their games against middle of the pack Hofstra and JMU. Now they have to play a Navy team that is playing awfully well. Good luck UD but JMU has saved some room on the couch so we can watch the playoffs togetherxsmiley_wix

93henfan
November 10th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Navy 23 - Delaware 10 xeyebrowx

If 33 points or less are scored in this game, pick your beer and I'll have a case sent to you.

jmufan999
November 10th, 2009, 08:50 AM

i'll take UNH. beating Nova was impressive.

GoBlueHens83
November 10th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Rhode Island 14 @ Maine 24
James Madison 28 @ UMass 27
villanova 38 @ Towson 6
Hofstra 31 @ Northeastern 10
New Hampshire 28 @ William & Mary 21
Georgetown 6 @ Richmond 56
Delaware 17 @ Navy 38

UNH72Plus
November 10th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I'm going with the conventional wisdom for the first six games - Maine, UMass, Nova, Hofstra, Richmond, & Navy.

The UNH-William & Mary game may be closer than some people are predicting. It may depend on what offensive strategy UNH comes out with. If they stick to the running game they've been showing all year the #2 W&M run defense will kill them. But W&M may be susceptible to the passing game. The only team they've played so far that ranks in the top 25 in passing offense is Delaware and they threw for 308 yards, and #98 Northeastern threw for 238 yards. UNH's pass defense will also have to find itself again after that debacle last week against URI. W&M's passing game is a bit of an enigma, against three of the worst past defense team in the FCS (Northeastern #102, Rhode Island #112, and Towson #115) they threw for 202, 175, and 204 yards, respectively; but against #27 Villanova they threw for 354 yards.

I'm going way out on a limb, assume that the defense resurfaces, and the offensive coordinator sees the light, and pick UNH to win by 7.

JMUNJ08
November 10th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I'm going way out on a limb, assume that the defense resurfaces, and the offensive coordinator sees the light, and pick UNH to win by 7.

I liked the analysis but most people are picking a close game. That must be a short branch! The defense of both teams is the key to who wins.

andy7171
November 10th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Rhode Island @ Maine
James Madison @ UMass
Villanova @ Towson
Hofstra @ Northeastern
New Hampshire @ William & Mary
Georgetown @ Richmond
Delaware @ Navy

In no way am I saying Towson has a chance, but in the blow out games the points have come off kick/punt/interception returns. Our defense is pretty good, they are just on the field all day. This years Tigers don't lay downa nd die like the 07 and 08. And for some reason we play Nova tough.

Eight Legger
November 10th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Georgetown 3 @ Richmond 48
Greg Monroe will have a HUGE game for G'Town as they roll up on Richmond in this early season battle. Oops wrong sport. UR may score the same amount of points they would if they played on the hardwood. Idaho State anyone????

Hey now, we are expecting to be an NCAA tournament team on the hardwood this year and are picked third behind Dayton and Xavier in the A-10. . . Bring on G-town in any sport -- we can take them this year.

89Hen
November 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
If 33 points or less are scored in this game, pick your beer and I'll have a case sent to you.
I'll keep it easy on you and stay with something local... 120 Minute. What's that, $240 a case? :p

89Hen
November 10th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I liked the analysis but most people are picking a close game. That must be a short branch! The defense of both teams is the key to who wins.
I was actually close to picking a W&M blowout. xeyebrowx

JMUNJ08
November 10th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Hey now, we are expecting to be an NCAA tournament team on the hardwood this year and are picked third behind Dayton and Xavier in the A-10. . . Bring on G-town in any sport -- we can take them this year.

No slight to your basketball team. Always like the A10 as a secret powerhouse conference. More of a knock on that poor G'Town football team. I was about to put 75 up there (more of a reasonable bball score) but thought UR isn't that mean and vindictive.

WrenFGun
November 10th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I was actually close to picking a W&M blowout. xeyebrowx

CAA SOUTH BIAS! xlolx

GoneTribal
November 10th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Rhode Island 14 @ Maine 13
JMU 21 @ UMass 17
Villanova 35 @ Towson 14
Hofstra 24 @ Northeastern 7
New Hampshire 17 @ William & Mary 28
Georgetown 0 @ Richmond A LOT
Delaware 14 @ Navy 38

GannonFan
November 10th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Here's my take:

Rhode Island 17 Maine 27: Maine's actually not a bad team, they just play like one in most second halves. They've struggled to play run defense in the second half of most games and have seemed worn down at the end. They put a decent effort in, though, at JMU last week and are now back in the safe environs of Orono. URI, on the other hand, just ain't very good. And on rule, I can't pick any team to win a game who has lost to Towson this year, so that means that Maine should win this one without too much trouble.

James Madison 10 UMass 21: Hard to gauge JMU - they haven't looked good for pretty much any game since Liberty but the UD game, and seeing UD come out flat against Hofstra the following week makes me think it had more to do with UD's play than it did JMU improving. Now JMU has to travel to Amherst, and I just see that as tough to do, this late in the year, with not really anything substantial to play for. UMass is a much better home team than they are on the road and while they've had some clunkers this year (@ UD for instance) they've shown the ability to really click at home. I go with the Minutemen in this one.

villanova 35 Towson 0: Even if nova was in severe letdown mode following last week's win at Richmond, it wouldn't matter since they line up against Towson this week. Even completely asleep, nova, as well as most teams, can count this as a layup.

Hofstra 21 Northeastern 10: Hofstra is just a snakebit team - they're not that bad, but man, can they just find ways to lose. That shouldn't be a problem this weekend as they take on an overmatched Husky team playing out the string. Hofstra manages to not shoot themselves in the foot too many times and they come away with a well earned Parsons Field win.

New Hampshire 10 William & Mary 21: Best game on the slate inside the conference. Just hard to see the Wildcats come out ahead in this one. W&M isn't explosive on offense, but they're steady. They should be able to scrape together enough points to win this one. I think where this gets won, though is on W&M's defense. They should stymie UNH with their defensive front and put UNH into a lot of tough downs. I don't think UNH will be able to run enough to stay two-dimensional, and I don't think their passing game will be able to handle the rush. Throw in the home field advantage, and I see the Tribe taking this one and setting up a very interesting game against Richmond next week.

Georgetown 0 Richmond 35: Maybe it's just me, but I can't see Richmond running it up on G-town. Don't get me wrong, Richmond could name the score in this game and put up 80 if they wanted to, but I don't think they have any interest in embarassing a clearly overmatched team. Hard to say how long the Richmond starters even play in the game - maybe a half? Certainly a nice game to rest people up before the playoffs in two weeks.

Delaware 24 Navy 35: Delaware, at least, controls their own destiny - win out, and they're in the playoffs. Problem is, that means wins over Navy and nova in cosecutive weeks. UD is actually 2-1 against Navy over the past 6 years, but this will be a tall order to win this one. Navy obviously comes in after beating Notre Dame, and took Ohio St to the limit to start the year. Navy did lose to Temple a few weeks ago, but that was without the cog of their offense playing. As Dobbs is back and healthy at QB, Navy is very likely the best FBS team anyone in the CAA is playing this year. And unfortunately, UD isn't the best CAA team, by far. I think the offense wakes up a little bit and if Devlin can get any protection, Navy can be had through the air. Other than in '03, UD's never been able to stop Navy on offense, so that will be a given that Navy will move the ball and score. If UD's offense remembers how it played against UMass, this could get interesting, but I see UD still stumbling a bit with the ball and coming out on the short end in this one.

soccerguy315
November 10th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Maine
Nova
UMass
Hofstra
Navy
Richmond
W&M

93henfan
November 10th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I'll keep it easy on you and stay with something local... 120 Minute. What's that, $240 a case? :p

120 was in season when we were at the brewery a few weeks ago. $30/4-pack. So that makes $180/case.

GoneTribal
November 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
120 was in season when we were at the brewery a few weeks ago. $30/4-pack. So that makes $180/case.

holy he11, that must be some good beer xwhistlex

Mattymc727
November 10th, 2009, 01:36 PM
JMU 28 @ UMass 14
Villanova 35 @ Towson 3
Hofstra 21 @ Northeastern 7
New Hampshire 17 @ William & Mary 34
Georgetown 0 @ Richmond 41
Delaware 10 @ Navy 35

UNHFootballAlum
November 10th, 2009, 01:46 PM
JMU 28 @ UMass 14
Villanova 35 @ Towson 3
Hofstra 21 @ Northeastern 7
New Hampshire 17 @ William & Mary 34
Georgetown 0 @ Richmond 41
Delaware 10 @ Navy 35

Its one thing to pick UNH to lose a close game, but tp ick them to lose by over 2 TD's...Are you a real fan?

Pitz
November 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Maine 34, URI 24
JMU 24, UMASS 23
Hofstra 38, Northeastern 20
W&M 29, UNH 25
Richmond 59, Georgetown 0
Navy 41, Delaware 20

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM

$7.50/BEER I hope they come with a dancer:D

andy7171
November 10th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Maine 34, URI 24
JMU 24, UMASS 23
Hofstra 38, Northeastern 20
W&M 29, UNH 25
Richmond 59, Georgetown 0
Navy 41, Delaware 20

Thank you pitz for sparing me any further humiliation ... xlolx

xbawlingx

89Hen
November 10th, 2009, 02:09 PM
holy he11, that must be some good beer xwhistlex
They use more hops in a case of 120 than some breweries use in a whole year. :)

Saluki09
November 10th, 2009, 02:18 PM
In college football, the transitive win property is always correct. UD > UMass > UNH > Villanova > Temple > Navy then UD > Navy. xrulesx

Ooo....I love the transitive property. It proves that Indiana State can beat BCS #7 Georgia Tech.

Ahem.

Indiana State > Western Illinois > Sam Houston State > North Dakota State > Wagner > CCSU > Albany > Maine > Umass > UNH > Villanova > William & Mary > Virginia > North Carolina > Virginia Tech > Miami (FL) > Georgia Tech

xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

Mattymc727
November 10th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Its one thing to pick UNH to lose a close game, but tp ick them to lose by over 2 TD's...Are you a real fan?

Dd you watch any of the URI game? Our o line is young and has been spotty all year... Their D line is one of the best in the CAA.... thats why my prediction is that much of a spread....Oh ya, and its @ W&M and we havent beat them since 1998....

Mattymc727
November 10th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Ooo....I love the transitive property. It proves that Indiana State can beat BCS #7 Georgia Tech.

Ahem.

Indiana State > Western Illinois > Sam Houston State > North Dakota State > Wagner > CCSU > Albany > Maine > Umass > UNH > Villanova > William & Mary > Virginia > North Carolina > Virginia Tech > Miami (FL) > Georgia Tech

also, why UNH was better than Florida last year...

Div I - FCS New Hampshire beat Army 28 - 10
Div I - FBS Army beat Louisiana Tech 14 - 7
Div I - FBS Louisiana Tech beat Mississippi St 22 - 14
Div I - FBS Mississippi St beat Vanderbilt 17 - 14
Div I - FBS Vanderbilt beat Mississippi 23 - 17
Div I - FBS Mississippi beat Florida 31 - 30

TribeinDC
November 10th, 2009, 04:41 PM
also, why UNH was better than Florida last year...

Div I - FCS New Hampshire beat Army 28 - 10
Div I - FBS Army beat Louisiana Tech 14 - 7
Div I - FBS Louisiana Tech beat Mississippi St 22 - 14
Div I - FBS Mississippi St beat Vanderbilt 17 - 14
Div I - FBS Vanderbilt beat Mississippi 23 - 17
Div I - FBS Mississippi beat Florida 31 - 30

I love it!

paward
November 10th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Villanova 49, Towson 14 Do not see too much light for the Tiger here
URI 28, Maine 27 Rams try to make their season in one game
JMU 27, UMASS 21 Thorpe finds a way to make the fans fall in love with him
Hofstra 21, Northeastern 14 Wanted NE in the upset but thought better
W&M 21, NH 20 Another great game that ends on the last series
Richmond 42 Georgetown 7 A homer pick here
Delaware 28, Navy 24 My upset pick of the week (yes I think Delaware is better than ND)

Henwatcher
November 10th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Villanova 49 Towson 0
Richmond 63 Georgetown 0
William&Mary 31 New Hampshire 27
Maine 35 Rhode Island 13
Massachusetts 27 JMU 20
Hofstra 35 Northeastern 17
Navy 49 Delaware 13

SpidersSportsEditor
November 10th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Villanova 42 Towson 13
Richmond 48 Georgetown 3
UNH 24 W&M 17
Maine 24 URI 21
JMU 17 UMass 13
Hofstra 28 Northeastern 7
Navy 38 Delaware 17

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM

Ahem.

REALLY Impressive! xbeerchugx I will supply my own tomorrow...

93henfan
November 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Here's the website that answers all the transitives:

http://www.cfbanalyzer.com/cgi-bin/year.cgi?year=2009

In fact, it's clear that Delaware should be # 1 in everyone's poll, because:

Delaware>UMass>UNH>Nova>Temple>Navy>SMU>East Carolina>Marshall>Southern Illinois

93henfan
November 11th, 2009, 06:27 PM

Ahem.

Even West Chester is better than Georgia Tech:

West Chester>Millersville>Assumption>New Haven>Stonehill>Wagner>Central Conn St>Albany>Maine>Massachusetts>New Hampshire>Villanova>William & Mary>Virginia>North Carolina>Virginia Tech>Miami FL>Georgia Tech

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Delaware 28, Navy 24 My upset pick of the week (yes I think Delaware is better than ND)

Delaware better than ND? Yes in 2003, but not this year I am afraid

Navy 52
UD 7

ccd494
November 11th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Maine soph. QB Warren Smith out for the rest of the season with a foot fracture.

Soph. Chris Triester (Cape Elizabeth, ME/Portland HS) will start against URI.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/129118.html

UNHFootballAlum
November 11th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Is the UNH-WM game on TV or Internet broadcast anywhere?

Tribe4SF
November 12th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Is the UNH-WM game on TV or Internet broadcast anywhere?

No...strictly radio, I believe.

93henfan
November 12th, 2009, 06:05 AM
JMU @ UMass is the Comcast TV game this week.

JMUNJ08
November 12th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Really cool site. Maybe UR isn't that good after all. The D3 school my brother goes to could handle them.

Rowan beat Lycoming who beat King's PA who beat Randolph-Macon who beat Emory & Henry who beat North Carolina Wesleyan who beat Salisbury who beat Pace who beat American Int'l who beat Stonehill who beat Wagner who beat Central Conn St who beat Albany NY who beat Maine who beat Massachusetts who beat New Hampshire who beat Villanova who beat Richmond

Dukie95
November 12th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Of course, we can blame Maine for making all those chains possible.

F'ing Albany! ;)

Even the teams ODU has beaten have a total of 3 D-I wins, but that Albany/Maine result puts the Monarchs atop the CAA.

JMUNJ08
November 12th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Of course, we can blame Maine for making all those chains possible.

F'ing Albany! ;)

Don't forget about those CCSU Blue Demon fans who hyped up a team that then loses to Wagner!

UNHFootballAlum
November 12th, 2009, 10:33 AM
No...strictly radio, I believe.

That is a crime!

Husky Alum
November 12th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Northeastern will lose on homecoming.

We also play Maine in a hockey weekend at The Arena.

Our hockey team is so banged up, I'm thinking we won't win a game all homecoming weekend.

smcwildcat
November 12th, 2009, 11:18 AM
that sucks the w&m game isnt on tv they seem to pick really wierd games to broadcast

smcwildcat
November 12th, 2009, 11:19 AM
maine fans since smith is out why not start brusko?

93henfan
November 12th, 2009, 11:20 AM
that sucks the w&m game isnt on tv they seem to pick really wierd games to broadcast

The TV schedule is set before the season starts. They choose whatever game they think is going to be the biggie that week. In this case, that didn't pan out.

UNHFootballAlum
November 12th, 2009, 11:29 AM
The TV schedule is set before the season starts. They choose whatever game they think is going to be the biggie that week. In this case, that didn't pan out.

The UNH-WM games have historically been very good and exciting games and both teams were very good last year. i don't buy that reasoning.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 12th, 2009, 11:41 AM

Towson vs. UNH....

URI vs. UNH...

No W+M vs. UNH or Villanova vs. UNH

xrolleyesx

molly
November 12th, 2009, 11:58 AM
W&M's passing game is a bit of an enigma, against three of the worst past defense team in the FCS (Northeastern #102, Rhode Island #112, and Towson #115) they threw for 202, 175, and 204 yards, respectively; but against #27 Villanova they threw for 354 yards.

W&M's offense is incredibly balanced this year; they average 176 yards rushing and 209 yards passing. The offensive strategy this year is to run the ball and make short passes to control the clock. That has worked well against every team they've played this year other than Villanova, because they fell behind early. They had to start taking shots down field in the second half against Nova, which is why they threw for 354 yards.

Mass-Cat09
November 12th, 2009, 12:56 PM

I think Comcast tries to give every team in the conference a game on TV.

Dukie95
November 12th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I think Comcast tries to give every team in the conference a game on TV.

Actually, I thought they were required to, maybe not.

93henfan
November 12th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Actually, I thought they were required to, maybe not.

It's probably a combination of what everyone's been saying. I'm sure Comcast's contract with the CAA stipulates that every CAA team be shown during the year. I'm also sure that Comcast will try to meet that requirement by showing the most interesting matchups on paper before the season starts. They obviously have a responsibility to their advertisers to try to maximize viewership. xpeacex

PapaBear
November 12th, 2009, 03:42 PM
maine fans since smith is out why not start brusko?

Apparently you're new here. xeyebrowx

Or you don't follow the Maine newspapers.xeyebrowx

Maine's view is that Brusko can't pass well enough to win games.

paward
November 12th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Apparently you're new here. xeyebrowx

Or you don't follow the Maine newspapers.xeyebrowx

Maine's view is that Brusko can't pass well enough to win games.

Not sure what they have seen or how the paper has assessed it, but IMHO Brusko was the best athlete on the field when Maine had the ball against us. He was a QB early on so I think he will be a viable option.

ccd494
November 14th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I think at this point it is more important to keep running the offense they installed mid season- a balanced attack with the QB throwing a lot of passes.

Going back to the run heavy Brusko offense would just lead to confusion.

BDKJMU
November 14th, 2009, 03:49 PM
JMU 24 @ UMass 28

UMASS,

UMass

UMass over JMU

UMass over JMU (UMass will win by 7-10, IMO)

UMass 27; JMU 17

JMU 10 @ UMass 17

JMU 17 @ UMass 23

I'm going with the conventional wisdom for the first six games - Maine, UMass, Nova, Hofstra, Richmond, & Navy.

James Madison @ UMass

James Madison 10 UMass 21

UMass

Massachusetts 27 JMU 20

xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx
UR beat JMU by 4, UMass by 22: JMU 18 points better.
Maine beat UMass by 10, JMU beat Maine by 8, JMU 18 points better.
UD beat UMass by 16, JMU beat UD by 12, JMU 28 points better.

And although Looking at the stats coming into the game UMass looked about the same defensively and better offensively, UMass’s easier schedule more than made up for their stat advantage:
-JMU has played 3 of the CAA Big 4. UMass has played 2.
-JMU has had one easy opponent- VMI. UMass has had 4: URI, NE, Albany, and Stony Brook.

I can’t see how anyone who analyzed the matchup would pick UMass. Which makes me think the majority who picked UMass didn’t analyze the matchup, but rather saw others were picking UMass, and just pulled a # out of their arse.

93henfan
November 14th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I can’t see how anyone who analyzed the matchup would pick UMass. Which makes me think the majority who picked UMass didn’t analyze the matchup, but rather saw others were picking UMass, and just pulled a # out of their arse.

I had UMass by four at home. They lost by three. I don't have any heartburn about my pick. I was 18-1 against the spread in the GoHens pool last week.

Nobody gets every game right. If you can, I'll fly you to Vegas with some cash. Let me know your record.

WrenFGun
November 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx
UR beat JMU by 4, UMass by 22: JMU 18 points better.
Maine beat UMass by 10, JMU beat Maine by 8, JMU 18 points better.
UD beat UMass by 16, JMU beat UD by 12, JMU 28 points better.

And although Looking at the stats coming into the game UMass looked about the same defensively and better offensively, UMass’s easier schedule more than made up for their stat advantage:
-JMU has played 3 of the CAA Big 4. UMass has played 2.
-JMU has had one easy opponent- VMI. UMass has had 4: URI, NE, Albany, and Stony Brook.

JMU doesn't play well in the North and hadn't won at McGuirk since 1987. Don't be so touchy.

JMUNJ08
November 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Rhode Island 10 @ Maine 27xthumbsupx
Orono is where the heart is for this Maine team. URI played well last week but don't expect it two weeks in a row.

JMU 17 @ UMass 23xoopsx
JMU is competitive again! Coming off its 2nd straight CAA win they get shipped off to UMass. Thorpe is leading the offense better but still turning the ball over (2 INT vs. Maine). UMass doesn't know which team will show up. HOWEVER, look at their w/l home (5-0) and away (0-4). This game is at home for them so I think the outcome is obvious with JMU's traveling woes (besides that #1 UNH team:))

Villanova 37 @ Towson 20xthumbsupx
Towson shows up and Nova could not and the score still wouldn't be close. Towson will put up a few points though.

Hofstra 24 @ Northeastern 11xchinscratchx
Parsons is a mystique I hope to witness in the near future. Until then, the flying dutchmen will have fond memories after Saturday.

New Hampshire 20 @ William & Mary 25xthumbsupx
One of the few big games this week around the country pitting two playoff teams against each other for seeding/home game implications. UNH struggled last week against URI but was able to out gun them. W&M won't let the score get that high with their defense and that will be the difference in this game.

Georgetown 3 @ Richmond 48xthumbsupx

Delaware 21 @ Navy 41xthumbsupx
UD hasn't played well @ home the last two weeks splitting their games against middle of the pack Hofstra and JMU. Now they have to play a Navy team that is playing awfully well. Good luck UD but JMU has saved some room on the couch so we can watch the playoffs togetherxsmiley_wix

5-2 but I'm sure 6-1 would be the best mark of the week. Anyone pick Northeastern????!?!?!!?

JMUNJ08
November 14th, 2009, 06:51 PM

UMass 5-0 at home, 0-4 on the road. Beat UNH @ home.

JMU's lack of Northern success (Hofstra just this year) Didn't know the '87 stat but thats pretty staggering.

JMU had been receiving a lot of breaks (UD had no line & Maine coughed up the ball early). Didn't expect UMass to bring us Xmas early with all those gifts to put us up for good.

I think I did a little homework.xcoffeex

Glad we won. 6-5 is within our sights and a 2010 season full of success is very possiblexpopcornx

GeeWiz
November 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM
5-2 but I'm sure 6-1 would be the best mark of the week. Anyone pick Northeastern????!?!?!!?

Apparently not! ;)

I had a total brain fart as I forgot to submit my picks for the week - damn!

Nice to see NU still is a thorn in the Hofstra Pride side! xsmiley_wix

Dukie95
November 14th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Even if we had the season we had expected from JMU, I don't think I would have been penciling in a win for us in Amherst.

BDKJMU
November 14th, 2009, 08:07 PM
JMU doesn't play well in the North and hadn't won at McGuirk since 1987. Don't be so touchy.

Eh, sort of. 06'-09' JMU has now gone 5-1 in the North (loss being the stinker to Hofstra, including demolishing a #1 UNH 42-24 (up 42-10 early in 4th) in 06'.

BDKJMU
November 14th, 2009, 08:59 PM
URI @ (1-8/0-6) Maine (4-5/3-3) by 1-2 TDs (41-17) xthumbsupx (Little more than I predicted).

JMU (4-5/2-4) @ UMass (5-4/3-3). JMU by 1-2 TDs. (17-14) xthumbsupx (Left the game feeling JMU should have won by more)

Villanova (8-1/5-1) @ Towson (2-7/1-5). Nova by 3-4 TDs. (49-7)xeyebrowx xthumbsupx Nova didn't appear to have the slight letdown I thought they would).

Hofstra (4-5/2-5) @ Northeastern (1-8/1-5). HU by 2-3 TDs. (14-11) xoopsx Looking at this matchup, common opponents, stats, this makes no sense xeyebrowx

UNH (8-1/5-1)@ W&M (8-1/5-1) by 1-2 TDs in the CAA Game of the Week. W&M eliminates UNH from seed contention. (20-17) xthumbsupx (Maybe if W&M didn't lose 2 days practice time it wouldn't have been so close)

Georgetown (0-9)@ UR (8-1/6-1) by 8-9 TDs. 0-9 GU.. (49-10) xeyebrowx xthumbsupx (UR must have not shown up).

UD (6-3/4-3)@ Navy (7-3). by 2-3 TDs. (35-18) xthumbsupx

Week 1: No picks
Week 2: 7-1 (wrong on Ball State/UNH)
Week 3: 7-2 (wrong on Maine/Albany & Towson/Coastal)
Week 4: 9-1 (wrong on Towson/Morgan State)
Week 5: 4-2 (wrong on URI/Brown & JMU/HU)
Week 6: 2-4 (wrong on Nova/UNH, UR/JMU, Maine/HU, UMass/UD)
Week 7: 3-2 (wrong on Nova/JMU and UNH/UMass)
Week 8: 4-1 (wrong on Towson/NE)
Week 9: 3-2 (wrong on JMU/UD and UMass/Maine)
Week 10: 6-0
Week 11: 6-1

Uncle Buck
November 15th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Hofstra (4-5/2-5) @ Northeastern (1-8/1-5). HU by 2-3 TDs. (14-11) xoopsx Looking at this matchup, common opponents, stats, this makes no sense xeyebrowx

The team looked like they didn't want to be there. The 49 yard TD run, no tackles, just NFL style shoulder bumps and the kid took it to the house. NE had 38 yards of offense in the first half. Again, our playcalling is horrible and i hope we lose to UMass so they fire Dave Cohen who is incapable of coaching this team.

BDKJMU
November 15th, 2009, 04:31 PM
The team looked like they didn't want to be there. The 49 yard TD run, no tackles, just NFL style shoulder bumps and the kid took it to the house. NE had 38 yards of offense in the first half. Again, our playcalling is horrible and i hope we lose to UMass so they fire Dave Cohen who is incapable of coaching this team.

Maybe the win over JMU ends up being just enough to save his jobxrolleyesx

Uncle Buck
November 15th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Maybe the win over JMU ends up being just enough to save his jobxrolleyesx

Can't see that happening. At this point, the best team Cohen has ever beaten finished with no better than a 6-5 record. I believe that was Furman a couple of years ago, that could be JMU this year no? If you ask me, he is done, but the AD at HU is an ego maniac and won't fire him.

89Hen
November 17th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Maine 24 - URI 13 (41-17) :)
JMU 28 - UMass 24 (17-14) xthumbsupx
Villanova 38 - Towson 10 (Nova pulls starters early) (49-7) xthumbsupx
Hofstra 31 - Northeastern 13 (13-14) xconfusedx
William & Mary 35 - New Hampshire 24 (20-17) :)
Richmond 42 - Georgetown 0 (49-10) xthumbsupx
Navy 23 - Delaware 10 (35-18) xthumbsupx

BTW...

You were sweating this one out going into the 4th quarter, weren't you? xsmiley_wix

GoBlueHens83
November 17th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Rhode Island 14 @ Maine 24 xthumbsupx (17-41)
James Madison 28 @ UMass 27 xthumbsupx (17-14)
villanova 38 @ Towson 6 xthumbsupx (49-7)
Hofstra 31 @ Northeastern 10 xoopsx (13-14)
New Hampshire 28 @ William & Mary 21 xoopsx (17-20)
Richmond 56 @ Georgetown 6 xthumbsupx (49-10)
Delaware 17 @ Navy 38 xthumbsupx (18-35)

jlcharles
November 17th, 2009, 12:01 PM
UMass over JMU xsmhx
Nova over Towson xthumbsupx
Maine over URI xthumbsupx
Hofstra over Northeastern xsmhx
W&M over UNH xthumbsupx
Richmond over Georgetown xthumbsupx
Navy over UDel xthumbsupx