PDA

View Full Version : question for elon fans

appirishmen
November 8th, 2009, 08:21 PM
my dad and i have grass seats for the game this weekend and i was wondering if you were allowed to bring the fold up chairs to sit in on top of the hill?

ElonFirefighter
November 8th, 2009, 08:22 PM
i doubt it, standin groom only they prob will not allow you in the door with them. Usually you can bring a blanket but this game i doubt there will be much sitting in the grass

appirishmen
November 8th, 2009, 08:46 PM
i doubt it, standin groom only they prob will not allow you in the door with them. Usually you can bring a blanket but this game i doubt there will be much sitting in the grass

cool. thanks

gophoenix
November 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM
my dad and i have grass seats for the game this weekend and i was wondering if you were allowed to bring the fold up chairs to sit in on top of the hill?

I doubt it. I've never seen anyone with them. Can't hurt to call the ticket office an ask. Beats bringing it and then having to truck it back to your car if they say no. My suggestion is bring a blanket, get there early if you want a real grass seat. My guess is that it will be standing room only for people who can't wedge themselves onto the grassy areas.

Also, the entrance is a huge bottleneck for games where we've had 10-11k fans. Try to get there early, 30 minutes or more at the gate to ensure you make it in.

Elon Fightin' Christians
November 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM
You probably wouldn't want to anyway. THe grass section is a steep incline.

WVAPPmountaineer
November 9th, 2009, 07:00 AM

Living not far from Elon and being at the stadium on several occasions, I asked about fold up chairs and they told me they were not allowed ----

PhoenixMan
November 9th, 2009, 07:40 AM
They are not allowed. And, as Fightin' Christian said....the hill is no good for a chair anyway. The hill will be so full this Saturday that our usual group of kids that slide down on cardboard boxes will actually have to watch the game instead.

ThompsonThe
November 9th, 2009, 07:53 AM
They are not allowed. And, as Fightin' Christian said....the hill is no good for a chair anyway. The hill will be so full this Saturday that our usual group of kids that slide down on cardboard boxes will actually have to watch the game instead.

Ow no.....make the kids watch the game.....the humanity of it...owwwwww

PhoenixMan
November 9th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Ow no.....make the kids watch the game.....the humanity of it...owwwwww

Yep! My 12 year old son is hyped about it, so that makes it fun for me. He has been at every home game for the last 4 years, and he waits on Hudgins at the tunnel each week when the Phoenix are entering the stadium for the final time before the game starts. Without fail, Hudgins either points to him, gives him a high five, or says something like "pull us through buddy". My kid eats it up. I just hope the game lives up to its billing and the weather is what they are calling for...62 and sunny.xnodx

AppStsGr8
November 9th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the info on chairs. We've got a couple of chairs that are designed specifically for sitting on hills - really cool gizmos. Sounds like the blankets are the way to go. We weren't planning on sitting much anyway. xnodx

james_lawfirm
November 9th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Yep! My 12 year old son is hyped about it, so that makes it fun for me. He has been at every home game for the last 4 years, and he waits on Hudgins at the tunnel each week when the Phoenix are entering the stadium for the final time before the game starts. Without fail, Hudgins either points to him, gives him a high five, or says something like "pull us through buddy". My kid eats it up. I just hope the game lives up to its billing and the weather is what they are calling for...62 and sunny.xnodx

That's pretty cool. And, that's why I love FCS football. Once when Joe Burchette was App's QB (2000 - 2003, I think), after a game, my 2 sons (ages 6 & 8 at the time) went up to him and asked him to throw them a football they brought to game. Joe agreed & one son went one direction & the other went another. Joe said "Ah, patterns" & threw a perfect (easy) strike to first one and then the other. It don't get much better than that.

AppAlum2003
November 9th, 2009, 10:31 AM
That's pretty cool. And, that's why I love FCS football. Once when Joe Burchette was App's QB (2000 - 2003, I think), after a game, my 2 sons (ages 6 & 8 at the time) went up to him and asked him to throw them a football they brought to game. Joe agreed & one son went one direction & the other went another. Joe said "Ah, patterns" & threw a perfect (easy) strike to first one and then the other. It don't get much better than that.

That's nothing...

Richie Williams let me wash his laundry for him one time.

Saint3333
November 9th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Been trading emails with some guys from the Elon athletic department. One of them stopped by the ticket office a couple hours ago and said the ticket office estimates that 6K tickets have gone to ASU fans, with over 300 purchased today. Are they going to cap the # of tickets sold?

Welcome to the ROCK - East. Elon you are welcome for the $150K+. Now at least be kind enough to let us win.

WestCoastAggie
November 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM
That's nothing...

xeyebrowx xlolx

gophoenix
November 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Been trading emails with some guys from the Elon athletic department. One of them stopped by the ticket office a couple hours ago and said the ticket office estimates that 6K tickets have gone to ASU fans, with over 300 purchased today. Are they going to cap the # of tickets sold?

Welcome to the ROCK - East. Elon you are welcome for the $150K+. Now at least be kind enough to let us win.

Did they give you a total number? Heard today that record number of students got tickets too.

gophoenix
November 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Anyway, App guys, spread it around that the entrance is a huge bottleneck. Just be prepared for a long unorganized wait with it. Get there early.

james_lawfirm
November 9th, 2009, 11:28 AM
That's nothing...

You obviously don't have kids, else you would not have made such a smart-a$$ed remark.

Saint3333
November 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Did they give you a total number? Heard today that record number of students got tickets too.

They are estimating 15K once students are taken into account.

whoanellie
November 9th, 2009, 12:24 PM
the far side bank under neath the video board is probably in better shape but you cannot see the replays try to get on a turn .... good to great sight lines all around as stadium is very nice for for us... 14k expected might stress out the facility.....

AppAlum2003
November 9th, 2009, 12:25 PM
You obviously don't have kids, else you would not have made such a smart-a$$ed remark.

It was a joke...

Saint3333
November 9th, 2009, 12:30 PM
14k expected might stress out the facility.....

I'm concerned about that. When ASU began drawing 25-30K a game vs. the typical 15-20K it was a logistical nightmare from the ticket booth, entrance, restrooms, concessions, etc. Good luck in preparation Elon.

SpeedkingATL
November 9th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Damn I wish I could be there! Have a great time guys and play nice with each other.xbeerchugxxbeerchugxxbeerchugxxbeerchugx

PhoenixPhan06
November 9th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Rhodes can hold 10-11k comfortably. Any more than that and you're waiting in line for everything. Should make for a great gameday atmosphere, but if you're not a fan of tight crowds, you may wanna stay this one home.

Appinator
November 9th, 2009, 01:37 PM
That's nothing...

If that's true, I wish you would have brought your John Deer over to AE's house this summer....

And I get it and think it's funny.

biggie
November 9th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Someone mentioned, in talking to some Elons sports people, that tickets would be capped at 13,750. No official word though.

Hopefully it won't look like Furman (looked like a 3-1 advantage: App fans). Well maybe that would be good again.

ASUG8
November 9th, 2009, 03:23 PM
In the El Cid, Wofford, and Furman games I attended this year ASU has travelled exceptionally well. That being said, none of those games sold out so we got more tickets than at Rhodes. I still think the black and gold will be very well represented in Elon this weekend, and it will be needed. xpeacex

AppAlum96
November 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM

That is how athletes should be. Kudos to him.

T-Dog
November 9th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Okay, so according to your website Eloners, tailgating opens four hours before game time, which this week, means 11 am.

This will not suffice. There needs to be an emergency wine tasting event among the Athletic department (just to make sure everyone gets there) and tailgating should start at 11 o'clock.

11 o'clock Thursday night that is. xsmiley_wix

elon77
November 9th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Okay, so according to your website Eloners, tailgating opens four hours before game time, which this week, means 11 am.

This will not suffice. There needs to be an emergency wine tasting event among the Athletic department (just to make sure everyone gets there) and tailgating should start at 11 o'clock.

Andy and Barney will not let you start that early. But Otis, now that's another story.

PhoenixMan
November 9th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Andy and Barney will not let you start that early. But Otis, now that's another story.

Otis will join you, no matter what the start time!

PhoenixMan
November 9th, 2009, 07:47 PM

App. fans....there is a cool sports Bar (owned by a former Elon player) called the Fat Frog. Cold beer, good food, lots of TV's...walking distance to the stadium.

gophoenix
November 9th, 2009, 08:00 PM

Yeah, I know, this is crap. Our games are usually 1pm. I could have sworn night games that tailgating opens way sooner.

I am going to call the department and ask about this. I know my group wants to be there early early early.

Touchdown Yosef
November 9th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Now we are getting somewhere....Tailgating talk.

Where is the best place to park? I like to start as early as possible so any chance you can get set up a little before 11? Will there be anyone there to tell me no if I show up at say 10?

gophoenix
November 9th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Now we are getting somewhere....Tailgating talk.

Where is the best place to park? I like to start as early as possible so any chance you can get set up a little before 11? Will there be anyone there to tell me no if I show up at say 10?

Firehouse field will be open WAY earlier than 4 hours before. Those only apply to the lots where students usually park.

This is the one across the street from the Fire Department on Williamson Ave before you cross the train tracks, for those a little familiar with the area.

Maybe bring a TV, pot of chili and some beer. yeah, that sounds like the ticket.

phoenix3
November 9th, 2009, 09:10 PM
In the El Cid, Wofford, and Furman games I attended this year ASU has travelled exceptionally well. That being said, none of those games sold out so we got more tickets than at Rhodes. I still think the black and gold will be very well represented in Elon this weekend, and it will be needed. xpeacex

Actually, App doesn't technically have to "travel" well. There are possibly more App fans in Elon, Burlington and Alamance County than there are Elon fans. There are certainly more App alumni. I know a bunch myself. At least there will be a better balance of Elon fans than there would be in Kid Brewer! That's all we'll need.

I heard a RUMOR that they were going to try to bring in 16,000. I don't know how this would be possible, but that's the rumor.

Saint3333
November 9th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Actually, App doesn't technically have to "travel" well. There are possibly more App fans in Elon, Burlington and Alamance County than there are Elon fans. There are certainly more App alumni. I know a bunch myself. At least there will be a better balance of Elon fans than there would be in Kid Brewer! That's all we'll need.

I heard a RUMOR that they were going to try to bring in 16,000. I don't know how this would be possible, but that's the rumor.

http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/AlumniMap/framemap.htm

ASU has over 6K alumni in the surrounding counties.

As for that bar, the Mason Lovette band will be playing. The lead singing is an ASU alum and a local Mebane boy (old classmate of mine). If you like southern rock definitely check them out.

appirishmen
November 9th, 2009, 10:07 PM
ok thanks for all the info. i grew up in Burlington and worked the concessions in high school for the high school band. but i never payed attention to the whole chairs rule. i grew up an app fans b/c parents are alums. when do the gates open to go in? 2hrs before?