PDA

View Full Version : Conference Champions

uofmman1122
November 8th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I know that with Montana's win on Staurday the Griz clinched at least a share of the BSC championship. (12th in a row. Boo-yah~! xlolx)

Are there any other teams that have clinched at least a share of their respective conference titles with wins this last weekend?

I'm thinking probably SIU did, but I'm not sure.

I imagine after this week, we'll have a few more outright conference champs across the FCS. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2009, 08:04 PM
SIU clinched the AQ and a share of the conference title.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 8th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I know that with Montana's win on Staurday the Griz clinched at least a share of the BSC championship. (12th in a row. Boo-yah~! xlolx)

Are there any other teams that have clinched at least a share of their respective conference titles with wins this last weekend?

I imagine after this week, we'll have a few more outright conference champs across the FCS. xthumbsupx

We didn't clinch the AQ yet though. We played great against Weber, but now we have enough to worry about again, we have LOTS to fix this week. Now to find a little mojo and put a good run together.

McNeese75
November 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM
xcoolx Only things clinched around the SLC are butt cheeks :D

4 teams at 4-1 in conference and only two will survive this weekend xnodx

Silenoz
November 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Believe we need 2 more to tie the DI record that OU has

Saluki_man
November 8th, 2009, 09:39 PM
SIU clinched the AQ and a share of the conference title.

SIU can win it outright with a win agains MSU at home for the last regular season game at McAndrew

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
SIU can win it outright with a win agains MSU at home for the last regular season game at McAndrew

The Griz need 1 of 2 to clinch the AQ, but we are hoping for more than that. Well, I know I am. xcoffeex:)

skinny_uncle
November 8th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Book it!
xnodx

SoCalAg
November 8th, 2009, 10:12 PM
North Dakota @ UC Davis this weekend for the GWFC Championship.....not all that impressive in 2009.....a whole lotta parity out west

ToTheLeft
November 8th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Liberty and Stony Brook are frontrunners for the Big South... however, if one wins and the other loses this weekend prior to the matchup on Long Island to end the year, the winner will have clinched at least a share of the title. If both teams win, it's 5-0 against 5-0 for a shot at the Big South Championship.

joecooll6
November 8th, 2009, 11:31 PM
This could be the first year UNI adds a year to its "Division I Playoffs" wall without adding one to its "Missouri Valley Champions" wall. Right now they're identical.

darell1976
November 9th, 2009, 08:41 AM
North Dakota @ UC Davis this weekend for the GWFC Championship.....not all that impressive in 2009.....a whole lotta parity out west

Since we won't have a chance at the playoffs til 2012 this means a lot to us!!:D

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Can we move this to the smack board? xrolleyesx

uofmman1122
November 9th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Can we move this to the smack board? xrolleyesxHey now, I was genuinely curious as to which teams have clinched. xnonox

Doesn't mean I can't be a little proud of winning

12 in a row!!!!!! xhurrayxxhurrayxxbeerchugxxprost2x

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xsmiley_wix

jus10asu
November 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM

I have a ton of respect for the Griz but what does this say about the level of competition in the BSC when one team wins 12 in a row? Just a point to ponder.

jus10asu
November 9th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Oh and congrats

AggieRX
November 9th, 2009, 12:01 PM
It'll be nice if UCD wins an outright championship for a change, but like SoCaAg said, a lot of parity here in the West, so even at home, its not a given

uofmman1122
November 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I have a ton of respect for the Griz but what does this say about the level of competition in the BSC when one team wins 12 in a row? Just a point to ponder.I guess people do want this moved to smack.

It says Montana's been the most consistently good FCS team for the past 12 years. Also, in some of the years where we've beaten SoCon and CAA teams in OOC regular season matches and in the playoffs, we lost to a Big Sky team in conference play.

Oh, and the Big Sky could work the SoCon this year. I have no doubt.

I honestly intended no smack at all in the first post, but if people want to instigate, be my guest. I'm just curious as to why you didn't do it in the obvious "Yay, Griz win 12 conference championships in a row" thread. (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65921) xcoffeex

Grizzaholic
November 9th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Can we move this to the smack board? xrolleyesx

Quit drinking so much haterade. And your ECB schtik is getting really really old.

mcveyrl
November 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Liberty and Stony Brook are frontrunners for the Big South... however, if one wins and the other loses this weekend prior to the matchup on Long Island to end the year, the winner will have clinched at least a share of the title. If both teams win, it's 5-0 against 5-0 for a shot at the Big South Championship.

How does the Big South do that?

Technically, even if one wins and the other loses, the winner of next weekend's game would be the champ based on head to head. Are they still co-champs in that case (if both finished 5-1)? I know some conferences do it one way and some conferences the other.

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Quit drinking so much haterade. And your ECB schtik is getting really really old.
What does this have to do with East or West? ANY conference that has one team win 12 conference championships in a row tells me that conference is not up to snuff. Could be the East Coast Conference and I'd say the same thing. xcoffeex

Grizzaholic
November 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM
What does this have to do with East or West? ANY conference that has one team win 12 conference championships in a row tells me that conference is not up to snuff. Could be the East Coast Conference and I'd say the same thing. xcoffeex

I find that very VERY hard to believe. If it was the CAA you would be up on your high horse...oh nevermind.

Seawolf97
November 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM

Like to see both of us go into our game at 5-0 . Only adds to the drama!

Franks Tanks
November 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM
The winner of the Lafayette-Holy Cross game this week will clinch the PL AQ and at least a share on the PL title.

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I find that very VERY hard to believe. If it was the CAA you would be up on your high horse...oh nevermind.
xconfusedx I'd have to check the record books, but I'd have to believe the longest streak ever (since the Yankee expanded) is probably 4 years in a row. Same goes for pretty much every other conference. So your hypothetical is just that. xcoffeex