View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week 11

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2009, 06:54 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 37-15 (13-7 SLC)
Total: 123-51 (46-29 SLC)

Central Arkansas @ Sam Houston State - SHSU put up points against McN. They did not score enough to keep up and I think at the end of the day, the defense and the lack of wins by Todd Whitten against UCA comes into play. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Stephen F. Austin @ Southeastern La. - SFA's struggles against Nicholls caught the eye of EVERYONE in the league. How could it not? SLU seems to play very well at home and on top of that, have most of their ducks in a row after some guys came back from injuries. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

McNeese State @ Texas St-San Marcos - This game is the ultimate pick'em of the week. McNeese has the offense to score and the defense to give up points. The same can be said for the Bobcats. In a game like this, take the home team. TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS

Northwestern State @ Nicholls - The battle of the winless! Nicholls showed some fight against SFA on the road and this is a home game. The Demons showed some signs of the future for the two weeks prior to laying an egg against SLU. Plenty of running in this one, may be a quick game! NICHOLLS STATE

NSUDemon98
November 8th, 2009, 10:30 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 37-15 (13-7 SLC)
Total: 123-51 (46-29 SLC)

Central Arkansas @ Sam Houston State - SHSU put up points against McN. They did not score enough to keep up and I think at the end of the day, the defense and the lack of wins by Todd Whitten against UCA comes into play. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Stephen F. Austin @ Southeastern La. - SFA's struggles against Nicholls caught the eye of EVERYONE in the league. How could it not? SLU seems to play very well at home and on top of that, have most of their ducks in a row after some guys came back from injuries. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

McNeese State @ Texas St-San Marcos - This game is the ultimate pick'em of the week. McNeese has the offense to score and the defense to give up points. The same can be said for the Bobcats. In a game like this, take the home team. TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS

Northwestern State @ Nicholls - The battle of the winless! Nicholls showed some fight against SFA on the road and this is a home game. The Demons showed some signs of the future for the two weeks prior to laying an egg against SLU. Plenty of running in this one, may be a quick game! NICHOLLS STATE

Hey now, we're the only winless team in the SLC!!! Nicholls did beat Deuquesne(sp?)

Either way, after seeing the Nicholls vs. SFA score from yesterday that pretty much took the hopes of getting our only W of the season against the Colonels. We never play well in VooDoo Stadium either. Nicholls is going to play their best game of the season because NOBODY wants to be that guy (team) that loses to the winless Demons.

UCA over SHSU
SLU over SFA
McNeese over Texas State
Nicholls over NSU

WestCoastAggie
November 8th, 2009, 10:32 AM
What a week of football in the SLC. These games deserve an "Woah Nellie!"

McNeese75
November 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM
McNeese Vs Tx State - Pokes win this one with an balanced offense (Pendland is back). Unlike TT IMO home field will not be a real issue in this one.

Central Arkansas vs Sam Houston - The Bears will run through the Kats with Grimes.

Stephen F. Austin vs Southeastern - Lions are playing really well and I would not be surprised to see them win by 2-3 TDs.

Northwestern State vs Nicholls - Pick one xlolx

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hey now, we're the only winless team in the SLC!!! Nicholls did beat Deuquesne(sp?)

We're speaking about SLC play! ;)

LIONFAN85
November 8th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Tx Sate vs. McNeese-I think this will be a huge game. Both teams playing well and the Bobcats have beaten two good teams in a row. I like the Bobcats to ge the win. I know I will be pullin for them. Nothing against the Pokes I just want to make the playoffs.

SELA vs. SFA-Should be a wild game but the Lions are playing very well. SFA will make this close but some unfinished busniess after we lost last year. Lions win this one.xthumbsupx

Central Ark vs. Sam- Bears role big. As we saw the Kats couldn't stop the run against McNeese and it will be as bad against the Bears.

Nicholls vs. Demons- Nicholls wins this one. All I can say is well I don't know what to say.

crossfire07
November 8th, 2009, 03:20 PM
McNeese wins over TxState. TT, App State had home field TOO!

SELA wins at SFA. I have watched both of these teams and if SELA plays the way they did against McNeese, the jacks will be known as "the jack" by AC/DC.

Central Ark will get back to its winning ways in this one.

Nicholls seems to be getting better every game.

MaximumBobcat
November 8th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I'm going with TxState because:

Game is at Bobcat Field

TxSt has beaten McNeese 4 out of the past 5 times

Bobcat defense has shown a lot improvement

McNeese D gave up 42 points to Sam in "The Hole"

txst80
November 8th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Central Arkansas over Sam Houston - Easiest pick of the week

Southeastern over SFA - SFA may be running out of gas, Southeastern may be peaking. I hope I'm wrong.

Texas State over Mcneese - I'm expecting lots of points in this one. Our defense has played somewhat respectably the past two weeks but I suspect that may end. Fortunately after watching Sam put up over 40 on them I expect us to score at will.

Northwestern State over Nicholls - This is my 3rd week in a row to pick the Demons. When will I learn.

crossfire07
November 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I don't see the Bobcat's 95th ranked scoring defense shutting down the #1 scoring offense enough to win. It may happen but I don't think so.

MaximumBobcat
November 8th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I don't see the Bobcat's 95th ranked scoring defense shutting down the #1 scoring offense enough to win. It may happen but I don't think so.

Bobcats held the #1 scoring offense to 7 points two weeks ago.

txst80
November 8th, 2009, 04:21 PM
We won't hold them to 7. I actually agree with the Mcneese poster, our defense won't stop them. I don't think their defense can stop our offense either though.

txstatebobcat
November 8th, 2009, 04:23 PM

SFA was the number one scoring offense until they played us.

Personally I think it will be a shoot out in which the last team with the ball will win the game.

MaximumBobcat
November 8th, 2009, 04:23 PM
We won't hold them to 7. I actually agree with the Mcneese poster, our defense won't stop them. I don't think their defense can stop our offense either though.

haha yeah, no way will we hold them to 7 (said the same thing about SFA though)

It'll prolly be a shoot out, but I like our defenses capability of making big plays near the goal line.

McNeese75
November 8th, 2009, 04:45 PM
SFA was the number one scoring offense until they played us.

Personally I think it will be a shoot out in which the last team with the ball will win the game.

xrolleyesx We have no problem with that but I think the key will be penalties and turnovers.

SLURoomie
November 10th, 2009, 04:17 AM
McNeese Vs Tx State - Bobcats take this one in San Marcos. It will be a high scoring affair...I think it may come down to which team has the ball last.

Central Arkansas vs Sam Houston - The Bears will win. Kats struggle.

Stephen F. Austin vs Southeastern - Lions win in the Berry! I truly believe the Lumberjacks are not believers and are still looking back at the Pre-season polls that picked the Lions last.

Northwestern State vs Nicholls -Demons win at "Harvard on the Bayou"... this way, no Southland team will go without winning a game this year.

AxeEm
November 10th, 2009, 09:36 AM
We were picked one spot ahead of you thats a hell of a predicition.

Prominentwon
November 10th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Bobcats held the #1 scoring offense to 7 points two weeks ago.

Nobody has stopped this offense this year.

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM
The stats make it look like SFA did do a pretty good job of moving the football against Texas State. They had 21 first downs and 416 total yards. And they actually appear to have run the ball pretty well too (151 yards on 31 carries).

I think McNeese will move the ball. But they need to get points out of it instead of doing like they did against SFA when they put up 417 yards but only 13 points.

Prominentwon
November 10th, 2009, 02:45 PM
But they need to get points out of it instead of doing like they did against SFA when they put up 417 yards but only 13 points.

Everyone and their mother knows McNeese beat McNeese in that game. Hey, I'm all about giving credit to other teams where it's due, but in this case, we all know what happened.

SM_Bobcat
November 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM
The stats make it look like SFA did do a pretty good job of moving the football against Texas State. They had 21 first downs and 416 total yards. And they actually appear to have run the ball pretty well too (151 yards on 31 carries).

SFA did a decent job of moving the ball the first half, but the second half they couldn't do anything other than maybe get 2 or 3 first downs on any drive.

I think McNeese will move the ball. But they need to get points out of it instead of doing like they did against SFA when they put up 417 yards but only 13 points.
I said this in anouther thread. McNeese will move the ball on us, I believe that the most interesting matchup in this game is the McNeese redzone offense against the Texas State Redzone defense.

McNeeses strength on offense has been converting drives into TD's, and not settling for FG's when they get into the redzone. And they also lead the league in TD's score from outside the redzone. Texas State's strength on defense is not giving up big play TD's, having given up only 4 all year the fewest in the conference. And in keeping teams from scoring TD's when they get into the redzone, ranking second in the league in percentage of TD's scored once inside the redzone.

Which teams strength wins out between the two, will determine the winner of the game, IMHO.

sharkeycox
November 10th, 2009, 02:59 PM
McNeese Vs Tx State - Pokes brand the Pussycats.:D

Central Arkansas vs Sam Houston - The Bears claw Kats

Stephen F. Austin vs Southeastern - Lions pounce the Flapjacksxcoffeex

Northwestern State vs Nicholls - Demons roast the Colonels

txst80
November 10th, 2009, 04:00 PM
We were picked one spot ahead of you thats a hell of a predicition.

I think most everybody had Nicholls in the last spot preseason. I had Southeastern at 5 and SFA at 6. A bit off, but at least I picked you both above Nicholls and Sammy. Northwestern state at 4 was my worst pick.

McNeese72
November 10th, 2009, 04:01 PM
McNeese Vs Tx State - Pokes brand the Pussycats.:D

Central Arkansas vs Sam Houston - The Bears claw Kats

Stephen F. Austin vs Southeastern - Lions pounce the Flapjacksxcoffeex

Northwestern State vs Nicholls - Demons roast the Colonels

If the Demons roast the Colonels, how come you got Nicholls in bold text. :)

Doc

McNeese72
November 10th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I think most everybody had Nicholls in the last spot preseason. I had Southeastern at 5 and SFA at 6. A bit off, but at least I picked you both above Nicholls and Sammy. Northwestern state at 4 was my worst pick.

I think they are referring to the SLC Coaches and SID picks in the preseason.

Doc

txst80
November 10th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I think they are referring to the SLC Coaches and SID picks in the preseason.

Doc

Yeah I figured. But were SFA and Southeastern 7th and 8th?
I thought Nicholls was last.

McNeese72
November 10th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Yeah I figured. But were SFA and Southeastern 7th and 8th?
I thought Nicholls was last.

You are correct, sir. SLU was picked last by the coaches with Nicholls 7th. In the SID's poll, Nicholls was last with SLU 7th. SFA was picked 5th in both polls.

SLC Media Day Polls (http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=95214&SPID=10812&temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=204763879)

Doc

sharkeycox
November 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM
If the Demons roast the Colonels, how come you got Nicholls in bold text. :)

Doc

oooops!! Barbe grad!

GeauxLions94
November 11th, 2009, 12:07 PM
2009 Overall: 38-14
Last Week: 3-1

Central Arkansas @ Sam Houston State - After a strong start, UCA has turned from a top-10 team into the Southland's version of the New York Giants losing three of its last four games. SHSU has done the same in its last four games, and after giving up over 600 yards to McNeese, the Kats will be in for a long day trying to keep up with Brent Grimes and Leonard Ceasar. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Northwestern State @ Nicholls - Well, someone's going to get a league victory in this one as these in-state rivals battle on the Bayou. A couple of mistakes in its own territory by Northwestern State last week against SLU resulted in 14 points. The Demons bring a young QB tandem in Paul Harris and Tyler Wolfe to the table, but need a solid running game. Nicholls has played better in the last couple of weeks after some rough losses and the triple option can be hard to defend. In a battle of teams with a combined 1-17 record, take the Colonels in a 7-overtime thriller. NICHOLLS STATE

McNeese State @ Texas State - Game of the Week No. 1 (and the Southland TV Game of the Week) ... a pair of co-leaders and two impressive offenses go at it as McNeese invades the Hill Country. Texas State has been the Southland's best road team the last month and after a conference-opening 51-50 loss to SLU ( ;) ) the Bobcats have got back in contention. A huge crowd should be expected in this one and shouldn't leave early ... especially if one team has a lead of more than 20 points in the fourth quarter ( ;) ;) ) ... look for a great quarterback battle between Bradley George and Derrick Fourroux. For Bobcat fans, the final score of the SLU game could sound like a defensive struggle after TXST and MCN go at it. Look for this one to come down to the wire (they usually do on SLCTV). TEXAS STATE

Stephen F. Austin @ Southeastern Louisiana - Game of the Week No. 1A. The other two leaders in the league will battle in an afternoon contest in Strawberry Stadium. Two more explosive offenses will go at it as SFA's Jeremy Moses and SLU's Brian Babin are 1-2 in touchdown passes. Both teams are evenly matched in terms of total offense and total defense in SLC games and both are coming off subpar wins. For SFA, it's their biggest game since 1999. For SLU, it's their biggest game since bringing back the program in 2003. Look for lots of scoring in this one in another game that will go down to the wire. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Prominentwon
November 11th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I honestly don't see this Texas St. game as close as some people are predicting.

McNeese by 2 TD's. I just believe the offense is that good and if Texas St. has trouble stopping the run as much as it's been discussed, I don't see why it would start now.

400 yards on the ground vs. Sam? Pendland back at full strength?

As long as McNeese doesn't kill themselves, this game won't be as close as you think.

JohnStOnge
November 11th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I honestly don't see this Texas St. game as close as some people are predicting.

McNeese by 2 TD's. I just believe the offense is that good and if Texas St. has trouble stopping the run as much as it's been discussed, I don't see why it would start now.

As long as McNeese doesn't kill themselves, this game won't be as close as you think.

I hope you're right but I watched a little of Texas State vs. Central Arkansas and Texas State is very good on offense. George in particular is a problem. He's hard to sack. He's big and he's got good mobility too. He does a good job of keeping his eyes downfield and making plays when things break down. What worries me is that he's about as big as most of McNeese's defensive linemen and pretty elusive. And Texas State has shown that it doesn't need to move the ball to win. They can put it on George's shoulders and he gets it done. They beat SFA with 52 yards rushing and Central Arkansas with 67. People talk about the guy at SFA but I think George is the best quarterback other than Armanti Edwards McNeese has played or will play against during this regular season. He's really good.

BEAR
November 11th, 2009, 04:25 PM
From what I saw from the Texas State game, a big Oline makes all the difference. xnodx

lionsrking2
November 11th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Having seen both teams in person and going by the matchups, this one looks to be very close...won't predict a winner but Texas State was a tougher matchup for us physically.

McTailGator
November 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM

Last team to score wins.

Scoreboard might explode in this one.

BobcatTXST04
November 11th, 2009, 08:59 PM
As we enter the second to last week of SLC play, we find not one, but two matchups between the four teams tied for first in the SLC with 4-1 records.

Texas State vs. McNeese - This might not be the barn burner everyone is thinking. Our defense has been improving each week and I think they have what it takes to slow MSU's high-scoring offense. Our offense is improving as well, and has corrected most of the troubles that plagued them earlier in the season. This one will be close though, and I do expect the teams to trade scores for most of the game. In the end though, I think that Texas State has shown enough improvement to beat McNesse on Saturday. Bobcats 38 - Cowboys 34

Central Arkansas vs. Sammy St. - Even without Nathan Brown, the Bears have proven that they still have a potent offense. I think UCA will learn from their past mistakes this season, and take out the frustration of those last few losses on Sam. Conversely, Sam has shown a weak defense and seems unable to stop the pass or the run. Bears 42 - Kats 24

Southeastern Louisiana vs. Stephen F. Austin - SLU has been playing consistently good football. They capitalize off the mistakes of other teams and keep their own mistakes to a bare minimum. They play well at home and with a healthy team and a chance for their first playoff game in a very long time, I'm going to pick SLU for this one. Lions 35 - Jacks 21

Northwestern St. vs. Nichols - Here we have the battle for the basement with two teams looking for their first SLC win of the season. Both have put the scare into other teams several times this season, but ultimately have come up short of an SLC win. Nichols is improving each week, but I wouldn't count NWST out of this one. It will be close, but I'm going to pick Nichols on this one. Colonels 28 - Demons 20

McNeese75
November 12th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Having seen both teams in person and going by the matchups, this one looks to be very close...won't predict a winner but Texas State was a tougher matchup for us physically.

I can't argue with you because we have not played the Cats but after the McNeese game you had 4 starters out with game related injuries xconfusedx

lionsrking2
November 12th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I can't argue with you because we have not played the Cats but after the McNeese game you had 4 starters out with game related injuries xconfusedx

Yeah, because of that slippery field you guys played on...three of the four injuries were rolled ankles...that happens in practice...Babin got hit because of a blown assignment on a blitz pickup.

But my point was that Texas State gave us tougher matchups...bigger, more physical O-line and better receivers...defenses are a wash though McNeese was a little more active up front.

Dallas Demon
November 12th, 2009, 11:40 PM
UCA over SHSU
SLU over SFA
McNeese over Texas State
Nicholls over NSU

I agree with your picks.

BEAR
November 13th, 2009, 06:22 AM
UCA over SHSU
SLU over SFA
McNeese over Texas State
Nicholls over NSU

I'll take those picks too!

Also, UCA RB Brent Grimes will add to his 55 career TDs by 3. Amazing how the kid spent 3 years behind a passing offense and still racked up those TDs! Imagine if...xlolx

McTailGator
November 13th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Yeah, because of that slippery field you guys played on...three of the four injuries were rolled ankles...that happens in practice...Babin got hit because of a blown assignment on a blitz pickup.

But my point was that Texas State gave us tougher matchups...bigger, more physical O-line and better receivers...defenses are a wash though McNeese was a little more active up front.

ACTUALLY

McNeese's OL is bigger. But we are much younger there so they are a little soft. Next year and beyond will be tough on the opposing defensive lines, because these young guys won't have to think as much about their assignments and just play instinctive football.

Also, we only have one senior starter on Defense at this time due to injuries.

FormerPokeCenter
November 13th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Yes, but you beat Texas State ;)

You, Sir, are by far the poster I find most entertaining on AnyGivenSaturday. I swear reading you is like watching that famous Monty Python and the Holy Grail sketch about the black knight. It doesn't matter the circumstances, you guys never straight up get beat. There's only extenuating circumstances that get in the way:

Insert fungible Lion Opponent Here: Look, You've got no arms left.
YOU (Black Knight): Yes I have.
Insert fungible Lion Opponent Here: *Look*! They're laying on the ground!
YOU (Black Knight): It's just a flesh wound. Come back and Fight!

Your unwavering optimism in the face of cold hard logic and fact is impressive ;)

lionsrking2
November 14th, 2009, 02:41 AM
You, Sir, are by far the poster I find most entertaining on AnyGivenSaturday. ;)

You're quite a hoot in your own right...appreciate the kind words.;)

lionsrking2
November 14th, 2009, 03:04 AM
ACTUALLY

McNeese's OL is bigger.

Our D-linemen, the rosters, and my eyeballs say otherwise, though no question you guys should have a dominant offensive line over the next couple of years. I just think Texas State's is a little more physical and more mature at this point, as they should be considering they're starting three seniors.

JohnStOnge
November 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
ACTUALLY

McNeese's OL is bigger.

I looked it up by looking at Texas State's UCA game notes and McNeese's Texas State game notes. Texas State's offensive line does indeed appear to be bigger (295,325,300,300,305 vs. 280,295,285,291,305 from LT through RT). However, I supsect McNeese's offensive line is more athletic. Haven't really focused on Texas State's offensive line yet but I've noticed in watching McNeese play that their offensive lineman can really run. I'm talking about watching plays where they're pulling and such.

I also think McNeese has better running backs than Texas State. I think that was the case before Bush went down and is especially the case now. I don't know about the statement about receivers for Texas State being better either; particularly if you include the tight ends in the "receiver" category. McNeese does not have one or two receivers that stand out but does have a very good overall set. Fourroux was off the mark against Southeastern Louisiana; his accuracy wasn't good. That might have had an impact on perception of the receivers from a Southeastern point of view.

Finally, I think McNeese has more team speed than Texas State. I know people say that all the time but I'm partially going with the fact that I repeatedly hear opposing coaches talk about how fast McNeese is. Like last week going into the game we had Sam Houston's coach talking about how what makes McNeese tough is that it's the league's fastest team. He talked about it after the game too. The Appalachian State guys calling that game talking about how fast they thought McNeese is sticks out in my mind too.

JohnStOnge
November 14th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Having said all that I said in my last post I still think Texas State is the favorite vs. McNeese. I think McNeese had even more of a team speed advantage over the Bobcats last year than it does this year and it didn't make the difference for them. Texas State's offensive line dominated and, though I'm hoping I turn out to be wrong, I don't see any reason why that shouldn't happen again. I just wish McNeese had a defense. I guess you could say the same thing about Texas State but if McNeese had even an average defense I think the Cowboys would be a national contender this year. But they don't. They have a defense that's ranked 62nd in total defense...which at least is kind of near the middle of the FCS pack. But they're 77th in rushing defense and 75th in scoring defense. Most ominous at this point is the fact that they are 90th in pass efficiency defense. Opponents have completed a hair over 60% of their passes against them. That does not bode well going into a game against Texas State (though the Bobcats do have even poorer defensive statistics than McNeese does).

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 14th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Guess I'll finally make my picks...

Nervous week, hmmm...

My heart says:
Bears over Pumpkins 45-10
Demons over Nicholls 28-24
Jacks sneak past Lions 28-27
Bobcats over Cowboys 35-28

But my brain tells me:
Bears over Pumpkins 45-17
Nicholls over demons 31-28
Lions by home field advantage over Jacks 31-30
Cowboys over Bobcats 31-28

I'm sure I'm not the only one conflicted this week. oh what the hell, I'll go with my heart. Hope it works out and hope the 'Cats play with an extreme sense of urgency/desperation for 4 quarters.

Hood
November 15th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I'd like to thank all the highly enlightened posters that picked the Colonels to beat that school in the northwestern part of the state.

BEAR
November 15th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Well...I kinda.....um......guess I couldn't have forseen this Bear meltdown.....seriously....I have never seen football players walking on and off the field, playing with absolutely no heart and our qb Park has 2 tds in the last 4 games? Um....ladies and gentlemen...I want to apologize for the behavior of these 19 and 20 year olds....this kind of play isn't embarassing because we are losing while giving our best efforts....we're losing and apparently the players just don't care! What kind of internal struggles are going on with that team?!xeekxxeekxxeekxxeekxxeekxxeekxxnonono2xxnono no2xxnonono2x

Purple Pride
November 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Well...I kinda.....um......guess I couldn't have forseen this Bear meltdown.....seriously....I have never seen football players walking on and off the field, playing with absolutely no heart and our qb Park has 2 tds in the last 4 games? Um....ladies and gentlemen...I want to apologize for the behavior of these 19 and 20 year olds....this kind of play isn't embarassing because we are losing while giving our best efforts....we're losing and apparently the players just don't care! What kind of internal struggles are going on with that team?!xeekxxeekxxeekxxeekxxeekxxeekxxnonono2xxnono no2xxnonono2x

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Conque and the team are the ones that should be apologizing.

NSUDemon98
November 15th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I'd like to thank all the highly enlightened posters that picked the Colonels to beat that school in the northwestern part of the state.

At least we're a school.

TheRiver
November 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
UCA welcome to the Southland. It's not going to get any easier.

McNeese75
November 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
UCA welcome to the Southland. It's not going to get any easier.

That's kinda what I was thinking xnodx

MSU_77
November 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Guess I'll finally make my picks...

Nervous week, hmmm...

My heart says:
Bears over Pumpkins 45-10
Demons over Nicholls 28-24
Jacks sneak past Lions 28-27
Bobcats over Cowboys 35-28

But my brain tells me:
Bears over Pumpkins 45-17
Nicholls over demons 31-28
Lions by home field advantage over Jacks 31-30
Cowboys over Bobcats 31-28

I'm sure I'm not the only one conflicted this week. oh what the hell, I'll go with my heart. Hope it works out and hope the 'Cats play with an extreme sense of urgency/desperation for 4 quarters.

You should have gone with your brain on the MSU-TXST pick. That's an eerily close prediction. And, I don't think anyone saw SLU getting blown out.

UCABEARS75
November 16th, 2009, 02:49 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking xnodx

Oh, so now we are being welcomed into the SLC? LOL.

Hey, we knew it was not going to be as easy as last year every year.

txst80
November 16th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I just want to point out that I went 0 for 4 this week. Anybody ever do that before?

McNeese75
November 16th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Oh, so now we are being welcomed into the SLC? LOL.

Hey, we knew it was not going to be as easy as last year every year.

Nooo, just welcome to the reality xnodx Until you find another QB like Brown you will be up to your azz in gators every week just like the rest of us :D

McNeese75
November 16th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I just want to point out that I went 0 for 4 this week. Anybody ever do that before?

Damn, that might be a record xlolx

BEAR
November 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Nooo, just welcome to the reality xnodx Until you find another QB like Brown you will be up to your azz in gators every week just like the rest of us :D

There must be some good ones going around..Moses, Farroux...the list goes on! xlolx (If you know any, send 'em our way!) xnodxxlolx

UCABEARS75
November 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM

OK, that makes sense.

When you look at the scores this year it really is a very balanced conference, with a couple of exceptions.

p.s. We can only hope we find another one like Nathan.

McNeese75
November 16th, 2009, 08:41 PM
OK, that makes sense.

When you look at the scores this year it really is a very balanced conference, with a couple of exceptions.

p.s. We can only hope we find another one like Nathan.

LSU will give you one cheap xwhistlex

(I know, that ain't right :o)