PDA

View Full Version : Who is your #1?

Silenoz
November 7th, 2009, 07:41 PM
^

fltheadgriz
November 7th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Well, who is the only unbeaten team in the 1AA?

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 07:43 PM
ha that was me

HOMER!

T-Dog
November 7th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Despite their almost epic failure, it's da Griz.

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 07:45 PM
why even make the poll? its kinda like how Dale Earnhardt Jr. can win the "Pit Crew of the Year" award when he is 23rd in the standings.....App will most def. win this poll.....xlolx

just kidding, the griz or nova might take this one down actually

TBIRDSFN10
November 7th, 2009, 07:46 PM
The Griz...still undefeated!!

Silenoz
November 7th, 2009, 07:46 PM
why even make the poll? its kinda like how Dale Earnhardt Jr. can win the "Pit Crew of the Year" award when he is 23rd in the standings.....App will most def. win this poll.....

Well, I "hope" that everyone can be as objective as possible and not go with any bias/homer picks

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Well, I "hope" that everyone can be as objective as possible and not go with any bias/homer picks

hope away

but no, seriously, probably the Grizzly....no reason not to say they are number 1

EKUSteve
November 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Who has everyone else lost to beside Richmond losing to Villanova?

I'd still have to lean toward Montana being undefeated, but also having not played an FBS school (as far as I know).

DSUrocks07
November 7th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I gave Nova the nod, with the GRIZ being #3 behind SIU..the CAA you are not, Big Sky xnonox

You're gonna try to tell me that the #1 team in ALL of FCS almost lost to arguably the WORST team in ALL of FCS???

xeyebrowx

Silenoz
November 7th, 2009, 07:48 PM
hope away

but no, seriously, probably the Grizzly....no reason not to say they are number 1
Other than needing a last second field goal to avoid the worst loss in the history of I-AA/FCS?

darell1976
November 7th, 2009, 07:49 PM
NDSUxlolxxlolx

putter
The Griz that beat Weber -- #1, the Griz that played today 4 or 5...w/ SIU #1 xnodx

salukidean
SIU's only loss was to an FBS school as well....a narrow 3 point loss to Marshall at the beginning of the season.

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Other than needing a last second field goal to avoid the worst loss in the history of I-AA/FCS?

they hit the field goal, right?

a win is a win is a win, this aint the BCS we're talkin about here

DSUrocks07
November 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM
they hit the field goal, right?

a win is a win is a win, this aint the BCS we're talkin about here

Umm...isn't that EXACTLY what the BCS is? xconfusedx
Why else was Iowa #4 in the country at 9-0 with nine come from behind victories?

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Umm...isn't that EXACTLY what the BCS is? xconfusedx
Why else was Iowa #4 in the country at 9-0 with nine come from behind victories?

k, explain to me the oklahoma/texas/texas tech situation from last year again?

im just saying, its not that complicated at our level

Anovafan
November 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Montana is undefeated so they are #1, but they aren't the best team in the country.

DSUrocks07
November 7th, 2009, 07:54 PM
In my mind, style points should matter more at this level for the fact that the polls HAVE (little to...) no impact on playoff selections. And as others have said, we'll all know who the real #1 is in six weeks xthumbsupx

grizzpaw
November 7th, 2009, 07:54 PM
tried their best to give this game to isu. a lot of injuries to isu most very bad, no one should ever have to play on that crap!

T-Dog
November 7th, 2009, 07:55 PM
The funny thing is, being #2 is just as good as being #1 when it comes to the playoffs.

The better question would be who should be the top two. xnodx

KiddBrewer
Montana is undefeated so they are #1, but they aren't the best team in the country.

yea, what he saidxthumbsupx

Eight Legger
Villanova. I've had them #2 all year anyway, and today they earned the top spot. Villanova and Richmond would both still be undefeated playing Montana's schedule to date. Not a knock on Montana, just the truth.

fltheadgriz
November 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I would love to see any east coast team play full force on that field and see how long before they have injuries.
After two years ago it is no wonder that there wasn't a full speed from Montana.
One of the ugliest injuries I have seen on a field and it was from that surface.

salukidean
I firmly believe that the Salukis deserve the top spot....but I hope we don't get it. I think there's more motivation to win the championship if go into the playoffs #2 or lower (the desire to prove the pollstars wrong). I hope we win our final 2 games but go into postseason #2,#3, or #4 in the country.

DSUrocks07
k, explain to me the oklahoma/texas/texas tech situation from last year again?

im just saying, its not that complicated at our level

and i'm just saying that arbitrarily crowning Montana #1 for being undefeated would be short-sighted and wrong. especially after tonight.

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Villanova. I've had them #2 all year anyway, and today they earned the top spot. Villanova and Richmond would both still be undefeated playing Montana's schedule to date. Not a knock on Montana, just the truth.

well, so might Southern Illinois, Appalachian State, New Hampshire, William and Mary, and Elonxcoffeex

TBIRDSFN10
November 7th, 2009, 07:59 PM

There are some team's on the East Coast that are ranked and don't have very good schedules either so let's just leave the schedule talks out of this one. Montana is undefeated and that is that!xrolleyesx

salukidean

So would SIU.

Eight Legger
well, so might Southern Illinois, Appalachian State, New Hampshire, William and Mary, and Elonxcoffeex

Very true

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM
and i'm just saying that arbitrarily crowning Montana #1 for being undefeated would be short-sighted and wrong. especially after tonight.

they can still be number 1 if they have a bad game. they might not be the best team, but they can still be number 1, because they havent lost....see what im sayin? those top 10 teams are about the same anyway, and theres no way to tell who is really the best right now anyway....so why not say the team that hasnt lost, is number 1? just thinkin out loud herexcoffeex

TBIRDSFN10
November 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
xrulesx
they can still be number 1 if they have a bad game. they might not be the best team, but they can still be number 1, because they havent lost....see what im sayin? those top 10 teams are about the same anyway, and theres no way to tell who is really the best right now anyway....so why not say the team that hasnt lost, is number 1? just thinkin out loud herexcoffeex

I Agree

GannonFan
November 7th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Just no way I can put Montana #1 after that game. If there was ever a game to drop a team even when they win, that's the game. That would've been the most epic loss in FCS play in years and it was a last second FG away from happening. No way am I voting a team #1 with that being their work on the weekend.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 08:07 PM
It's gotta be SIU or Elon right now in my opinion. I couldn't make my mind up about those two and went with Elon.

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 08:10 PM
alright, well then, ill say App is #1, since everybody is talking me out of voting Montana:D

seeing as how i voted app in the first place......xsmiley_wix

but only cause im a homer and all

who has really seen enough play to truly say who is #1? show me that guy

DSUrocks07
November 7th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Just no way I can put Montana #1 after that game. If there was ever a game to drop a team even when they win, that's the game. That would've been the most epic loss in FCS play in years and it was a last second FG away from happening. No way am I voting a team #1 with that being their work on the weekend.

this xnodx

TBIRDSFN10
November 7th, 2009, 08:11 PM
East Coast is showing their colors right now. I am pretty sure that if richmond was undefeated and ALMOST lost to one of the worst teams in FCS..they would be number 1 no questions asked..am i wrong?

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 08:13 PM
East Coast is showing their colors right now. I am pretty sure that if appalachian state was undefeated and ALMOST lost to one of the worst teams in FCS..they would be number 1 no questions asked..am i wrong?

fixed it for youxthumbsupx

DSUrocks07
November 7th, 2009, 08:13 PM
East Coast is showing their colors right now. I am pretty sure that if richmond was undefeated and ALMOST lost to one of the worst teams in FCS..they would be number 1 no questions asked..am i wrong?

very wrong...people have been questioning Richmond's #1 ranking for a few weeks now...I know I have.

TBIRDSFN10
November 7th, 2009, 08:14 PM
fixed it for youxthumbsupx

LOL..Right!xpeacex

GrizBowl
November 7th, 2009, 08:15 PM

No doubt

putter

Spoken like someone who has no idea. Guess we can't have a thread without the customary - no good teams in the west logic. xsmhx xsmhx

GannonFan

Richmond already has better wins than Montana, and they were already #1. Entirely different scenario. Blame whatever perceived bias you want to, but Montana almost lost to maybe the worst team in all of FCS. There'll be plenty of people that balk at moving Montana up on that performance.

As for me, I'm vaulting Southern Illinois past Montana, taking into account SIU's impressive win, on the road, at South Dakota St. Hmm, interesting, neither SIU nor SDSU would ever be considered East Coast teams. How does that fit into your bias conspiracy theory?? xlolx

Skjellyfetti

If anything East Coast bias helps Montana in this case... I don't think most people outside of the West realize how TERRIBLE Idaho State is. They're one of the worst teams in our subdivision. It would be like Florida kicking a last second field goal to beat Ball State.

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 08:17 PM
If anything East Coast bias helps Montana in this case... I don't think most people outside of the West realize how TERRIBLE Idaho State is.

true, very true

Eight Legger
November 7th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Spoken like someone who has no idea. Guess we can't have a thread without the customary - no good teams in the west logic. xsmhx xsmhx

Which good teams have you beaten this year? If you had a couple good wins, I would have no problem elevating you to #1. We've played and beaten several ranked teams, not to mention a Duke team with a winning record. Villanova has beaten several ranked teams -- including the #1 and #5 teams -- and a good Temple team. There is no comparison right now.

Shellin
November 7th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Personally, I don't think it really matters all that much at this juncture. Honestly I think Nova and SIU could both conceivably jump the Griz in the polls. I don't know who my #1 will be yet, but I will definitely be thinking about it before just blindly ranking the Griz #1 because they're undefeated. Obviously the last second field goal win over a completely pathetic ISU team is fresh in everyone's minds, but that can't completely erase the memories of the team that completely man-handled WSU last week.

TBIRDSFN10
November 7th, 2009, 08:19 PM
No matter how Montana got there...They are undefeated why not put them at the top of the pedestal...then IF they get beat in the playoffs the east coast fans can brag about how they shouldn't have been #1...LOL

GrizBowl
November 7th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Which good teams have you beaten this year? If you had a couple good wins, I would have no problem elevating you to #1. We've played and beaten several ranked teams, not to mention a Duke team with a winning record. Villanova has beaten several ranked teams -- including the #1 and #5 teams -- and a good Temple team. There is no comparison right now.

Weber St, Eastern Washington, Northern Arizona. All under rated and very formidable teams.

LacesOut
November 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM
'Nova!!!!!

'Nova baby!!!!!!!!!!

DSUrocks07
November 7th, 2009, 08:23 PM
someone tell me what is the point of polls again? xconfusedx

KiddBrewer
Weber St, Eastern Washington, Northern Arizona. All under rated and very formidable teams.

im not so sure you can win that argument against the CAAxeyebrowx

KiddBrewer
someone tell me what is the point of polls again? xconfusedx

so people can bi**h and moan about why the other person is wrong! duh!:p

WestCoastAggie
November 7th, 2009, 08:24 PM
There will be alot of #1 votes to go around this week. There are quite a few voters that aren't convinced about the Griz.

TBIRDSFN10

Agreed! Those are all good teams..The West coast teams just need to start scheduling more east coast teams...so that the east coast can see that the teams on the west coast are just as good if not better.

Saluki09
I voted SIU (I know...homer, w/e), because they have actually been playing like a #1 team. They don't play down to their competition (except maybe North Dakota State). With convincing wins ON THE ROAD at UNI and SDSU and a close loss at Marshall, we are still undefeated in FCS play with no games we were really all too worried about. Our "biggest scare" so far was against a really good UNI team... with us leading by 14 at 3 minutes to go.

Richmond was bound to lose eventually with all the close games they've had, and Montana's marquee win is.... @UC Davis? With nail biters against Idaho State and a Northern Arizona team that also might finish sub .500

Silenoz
They "probably" would be. Eastern Washington and Weber are both capable of beating any FCS team any given week. NAU would have a shot too

putter
November 7th, 2009, 08:25 PM
With that logic then I have to drop UNH.. I watched them against Rhode Island today and they looked good offensively but gave up a ton of points to the Rams who aren't supposed to be that good either...

GrizBowl
November 7th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Agreed! Those are all good teams..The West coast teams just need to start scheduling more east coast teams...so that the east coast can see that the teams on the west coast are just as good if not better.

Exactly xthumbsupx

ngineer
November 7th, 2009, 08:27 PM
While I'd like to see Villanova win it all, from a poll perspective you have to move up the next in line. Undefeated is undefeated. Don't really matter, we decide it where is should be decided.xnodx

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Exactly xthumbsupx

oh dont you worry, the Griz get to play the Mountaineers soonxthumbsupx

GrizBowl
November 7th, 2009, 08:29 PM
oh dont you worry, the Griz get to play the Mountaineers soonxthumbsupx

In WA Grizz, no less :D

tribe_pride
November 7th, 2009, 08:29 PM
With that logic then I have to drop UNH.. I watched them against Rhode Island today and they looked good offensively but gave up a ton of points to the Rams who aren't supposed to be that good either...

But we are not talking about whether UNH should be #1 (except that 1 person who voted for them). I am sure almost everyone here has Montana in their top 3. The question is who should be #1.

Silenoz
November 7th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I'm wondering who the two votes for Other are..

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I'm wondering who the two votes for Other are..

think one guy voted for NDSU

WestCoastAggie
November 7th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I will not be surprised if all of the top 10 teams this week in all 3 polls will get at least a vote for #1.

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I will not be surprised if all of the top 10 teams this week in all 3 polls will get at least a vote for #1.

app and elon wont

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM

When was the last time a team from west of the Mississippi, other than Montana, won the national title? Just curious.

Silenoz
November 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM
When was the last time a team from west of the Mississippi, other than Montana, won the national title? Just curious.
Boise State maybe?

We carry the torch

Wildcat80
November 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM
But we are not talking about whether UNH should be #1 (except that 1 person who voted for them). I am sure almost everyone here has Montana in their top 3. The question is who should be #1.

UNH #1 too!!! Beat nova!! Can beat mary & bill too!xnodx

WestCoastAggie
November 7th, 2009, 08:44 PM

Boise St.

putter
November 7th, 2009, 08:44 PM

I agree with you about that, however, people are talking about dropping them a few places. I don't blame them because that was the worst game I have seen a Griz team play in years, if ever. Montana should have blown out ISU and didn't and I thought, listening to everyone, that UNH should have blown out URI but didn't so if Montana drops then UNH should drop

GrizBowl
November 7th, 2009, 08:46 PM

Montana St. 84'

tribe_pride
November 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM

If you are going to quote me, realize what I was responding to. I think most neutral people here will agree the top 3 are SIU, UR, and Montana. Putter said that because some people want to drop Montana from the 1 or 2 spot since they struggled to beat a bad team, UNH should drop because they struggled to beat a bad team. I was just saying that this is not a fair comparison because he wasn't looking to place UNH at the 1 spot anyways.

By the way, it will be a good game next week. Either team can win. Hopefully we can continue to have your number but I am expecting a close game either way.

ValleyChamp
November 7th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Montana leading this poll so far. LOL

You homers.

skinny_uncle
November 7th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Thank heaven it will all eventually be decided on the field. I cast my homer vote for SIU, but I really expect Montana to be on top come Monday.

tribe_pride
November 7th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I agree with you about that, however, people are talking about dropping them a few places. I don't blame them because that was the worst game I have seen a Griz team play in years, if ever. Montana should have blown out ISU and didn't and I thought, listening to everyone, that UNH should have blown out URI but didn't so if Montana drops then UNH should drop

I am reading the drop as something different. It would really be a rewarding 2 teams for great play against great teams.

SIU destroyed a top 10 team and Villanova won on the road at the #1 team in the country to drop them from the unbeaten. Can't see dropping Montana further than that at this point.

NovaHater
November 7th, 2009, 08:53 PM

No you can't xnonox

I would love to see any east coast team play full force on that field and see how long before they have injuries.
After two years ago it is no wonder that there wasn't a full speed from Montana.
One of the ugliest injuries I have seen on a field and it was from that surface.

I have no idea what this means so I vote for the Grizz because any team that doesn't have a full speed after two years and is still undefeated deserves to be #1 xrotatehx

Franks Tanks
November 7th, 2009, 08:56 PM
As good as Nova and Richmond and SIU is, you have to place Montana #1 right now.

Silenoz
November 7th, 2009, 08:58 PM
No you can't xnonox

I have no idea what this means so I vote for the Grizz because any team that doesn't have a full speed after two years and is still undefeated deserves to be #1 xrotatehx

Huh?

rcny46
November 7th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I firmly believe that the Salukis deserve the top spot....but I hope we don't get it. I think there's more motivation to win the championship if go into the playoffs #2 or lower (the desire to prove the pollstars wrong). I hope we win our final 2 games but go into postseason #2,#3, or #4 in the country.

I voted for you guys.How you ever managed to lose to that MAC team is beyond me.

NovaHater
November 7th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Huh?

That's what I said.

You're a Griz fan, you mean you don't know what "there wasn't a full speed from Montana" means ??

Silenoz
November 7th, 2009, 09:07 PM
That's what I said.

You're a Griz fan, you mean you don't know what "there wasn't a full speed from Montana" means ??

No

I also don't understand your comment

I assume "he" meant we were playing slow because we were scared sh#%less of that surface. I know I would be

In any case, I voted Nova. VU and Richmond have actually had all of my number one votes this season

BDKJMU
November 7th, 2009, 09:07 PM

UNH and Nova each have one loss. UNH beat Nova. Therefore UNH should be ahead of Nova in any poll.

That being said, Nova was before the season my pick to make the NC game vs ASU, and is still the case with me.

WestCoastAggie
November 7th, 2009, 09:11 PM
UNH and Nova each have one loss. UNH beat Nova. Therefore UNH should be ahead of Nova in any poll.

That being said, Nova was before the season my pick to make the NC game vs ASU, and is still the case with me.

Nova's loss was earlier in the season and UNH lost to UMass.

rcny46
November 7th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Not if they play like they did today.

BDKJMU
November 7th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Nova's loss was earlier in the season and UNH lost to UMass.

UNH's loss was earlier in the season and they beat Nova. Simple.

WestCoastAggie
November 7th, 2009, 09:29 PM
UNH's loss was earlier in the season and they beat Nova. Simple.

UMass wasn't in the top 10 when they beat UNH and UMass lost to Maine and aren't going to the playoffs.

Point being is that even though UNH beat 'nova, 'nova beat the #1 team on the road, late in the season.

GrizzlyBill
November 7th, 2009, 09:58 PM

I doubt any Griz fans will disagree. We all but laid the big egg today. Geez!

Griz should NOT be number one!

PantherFan08
November 7th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Just couldnt justify giving the vote to Montana after their dismal performance today. That is not the statement a supposed number one team in the nation should make.

siuham
November 7th, 2009, 10:09 PM
This might be a week where the team getting the most #1 votes won't be #1.

Big Al
November 7th, 2009, 10:14 PM
SIU -- they are undefeated in FCS action, just like Montana. Also, unlike Montana, they demolished very respectable competition today.

AppAlum2003
November 7th, 2009, 10:14 PM
ASU is NOT the #1 team in the country - too many questions. However, the defense played well today despite 5 turnovers (1 fumble, 2 INT and 2 onsides kicks.)

The #1 team in the country is Montana until someone beats them. However, I still wouldn't take them to win it all.

Squealofthepig
November 7th, 2009, 10:28 PM
There will be alot of #1 votes to go around this week. There are quite a few voters that aren't convinced about the Griz.

I'll take that going into the playoffs every time. The Griz still have way too much history of playing to the level of their competition - today's absolutely pathetic goose egg of a game is another example, and close games that shouldn't be close will always re-enforce East Coasters who, fairly, can't quite guess what the Griz true ability is. And the Griz' do much better in the playoffs when they have a chip on their shoulder. If only they could play like they did against Weber last weekend every time...

Personally, I'd go with Villanova right now - a road win in Richmond shows they're definitely among the top teams in FCS right now and, given any other clear #1, they'd get my vote, followed by #2 SIU after their impressive win today at a surprisingly small-looking SDSU stadium. After that, it gets pretty tough.

Edit: eradicated an extra apostrophe

UNCBears2010
November 7th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Well, they've been #2 on my ballot for the last few weeks and they had a convincing win today, so I'll be voting Southern Illinois #1.

Bettina90
November 7th, 2009, 10:35 PM
SIU will fold at the first CAA team they see.

GolfingGriz
November 7th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I voted SIU. No way the Griz are tops after today and Nova lost to UNH. Probably would go 1. SIU, 2. Nova, 3. UR, and 4. Montana

UNHFootballAlum
November 7th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Villanova has beaten 2 top 5 FCS schools, and FBS school and their only loss was to a top 5 FCS team. They get my nod over Montana and SIU

joecooll6
November 7th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I have a hard time voting Montana as the best team in the country after they barely beat a winless team today. I voted SIU, they had to play the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the MVFC on the road and beat both of them rather handily, and unlike Nova they are undefeated in the FCS.

joecooll6
November 7th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Also, the last time SIU won in the dome was 1983, the year of the Salukis' national championship.

FargoBison
November 7th, 2009, 11:04 PM
SIU won at SDSU and UNI, they are without a doubt my #1 team. Their only loss was by three at Marshall.

100%GRIZ
November 7th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Well folks - Lets go back to the final standings of last year and who ended up #1 and #2? That would be Richmond and Montana!!! Who were both undefeated until today? Who made their field goal today and who did not? Until they are knocked off Montana is #1!!! Thank God, in the end though, we have a Playoff system and everything is decided on the field!!!

HLNgriz
November 8th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Nova. But the next two weeks will settle out and than I think we will have a deep field with a lot of teams screaming that they got screwed by the selection panal. Line up play, it it what makes FCS great!

Montana_Mojo
November 8th, 2009, 12:54 AM
I think with their win today, Villanova has established themselves as the best team in the country right now.

I just can't vote for the Griz given their pitiful performance today. Idaho State has not been competitive in a single game they've played this year, and yet they outplay and almost knock off the Griz. And yet the Griz should be number one just because the one team in front of them fell to an outstanding Villanova team? No way. I surmise that Richmond's loss to Villanova should be looked upon more favorably than Montana's two point win at hapless Idaho State. If there was ever a loss that was more quality than a win, it would be Richmond's loss compared to Montana's win.

My top five right now:

1. Villanova
2. Southern Illinois
3. Richmond
4. Appalachian State
5. Montana

The Griz have some opportunities to redeem themselves in the next couple of weeks, but that's where the Griz stand in my mind at the moment.

grizwin
November 8th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Southern ill and GRIZZZZZ havent lost to an fcs thats #1 and #2.... Some turn this poll into who do you think is the best. The best part is it gets decided on the field BUT what field will it be decided on???? If its decided at Wa GRiz for a possible 3 weeks I like the GRIZZZZZZ chances as someone would have to go cross country. Bottom line an 11-0 GRIZZZZZZ would be a top 2 seed. yet a 10-1 GRIZZ might be unseeded

UNHFan
November 8th, 2009, 06:04 AM
The UNH voters need a smack!

ASU_Fanatic
November 8th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Still think it's Richmond.

Saluki_man
November 8th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I voted for SIU (I know homer vote). Although Montana is undefeated, from all accounts they didn't look good today. Nova goes on the road and beats the #1 team Richmond, while SIU goes on the road and absolutely destroys #9 SDSU. Most people had SIU ranked higher than Nova and it will be hard pressed to have Nova jump SIU.

My top 3
1. SIU
2. Nova
3. Montana

mlbowl
November 8th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I voted for SIU (I know homer vote). Although Montana is undefeated, from all accounts they didn't look good today. Nova goes on the road and beats the #1 team Richmond, while SIU goes on the road and absolutely destroys #9 SDSU. Most people had SIU ranked higher than Nova and it will be hard pressed to have Nova jump SIU.

My top 3
1. SIU
2. Nova
3. Montana

...but no problem jumping Montanaxrolleyesx

Saluki_man
November 8th, 2009, 08:32 AM
...but no problem jumping Montanaxrolleyesx

Its very hard not to reward a team that just beat the previous #1 on the road. Montana is getting jumped by two teams that went on the road and beat top 10 teams.

ur2k
November 8th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Griz should be 1, Nova #2.

But the reverse would be ok too.

Nova is a really good football team.

mlbowl
November 8th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Nova is a really good football team.

...as is Richmond...Thank God our Championship doesn't hinge on polls or opinionxnodx

mlbowl
November 8th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Montana is getting jumped by two teams .

Really...you speak for the entire FCS community...Debate over...SIU and 'Nova have just secured a spot in Chattanooga!!!

kalm
November 8th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Just couldnt justify giving the vote to Montana after their dismal performance today. That is not the statement a supposed number one team in the nation should make.

Good thing success is based on wins and not on statements. xthumbsupx

Nova
Montana
SIU
Richmond

It's hard to move a team down simply due to the timing of their worst win.

Should they be moved to #1 next week if they beat UNC by 35?

salukidean
November 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Good thing success is based on wins and not on statements. xthumbsupx

Nova
Montana
SIU
Richmond

It's hard to move a team down simply due to the timing of their worst win.

Should they be moved to #1 next week if they beat UNC by 35?

I honestly don't care what the polls show this week (I only care about end of season).

However, how can you justify moving Nova up 3 spots for a narrow victory yesterday....while SIU stays at #3 for thrashing a top 10 team on the road?

Tribe4SF
November 8th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I honestly don't care what the polls show this week (I only care about end of season).

However, how can you justify moving Nova up 3 spots for a narrow victory yesterday....while SIU stays at #3 for thrashing a top 10 team on the road?

Nova beat the #1 team, and defending National Champion on the road. In this case, that's a trump card.

UNH72Plus
November 8th, 2009, 10:30 AM
In the absence of any head-to-head record or common opponents I took a look at team records, opponents, and statistics.

Based on the statistics, Nova should be #1. They just beat the previous #1 team and are 8-1 in the toughest conference in the FCS. They also beat 8-1 William & Mary (#5 in last weeks Sportsnetwork poll) and an FBS team (7-2 Temple). The combined records of their opponents is 45-35. Their only loss came against #8 UNH (8-1 with an FBS victory)

Montana just barely beat an 0-10 team and hasn't beaten any of last week's top ten teams (the highest ranked team they have played is #23 Eastern Washington). They haven't played an FBS team, but did play a D-II team (3-7 Western State). The combined records of their opponents is 34-50.

Southern Illinois actually has better stats than Montana, but doesn't measure up to Nova. SUI did play an FBS team (5-4 Marshall) but lost. One of their wins was against a D-II team (5-5 Southwest Baptist) and the combined records of their opponents is 36-47. They did beat then #9 South Dakota State and #11 Northern Iowa so they get the nod over Montana.

WestCoastAggie
November 8th, 2009, 10:31 AM
The Winner between UNH/W&M will have a VERY STRONG consideration for a seed.

BlackNGold
November 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Richmond thanks for losing an possibly keeping us for getting a seed....

that being said I still voted for App State.

lol i'm a homer

salukidean
November 8th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Nova beat the #1 team, and defending National Champion on the road. In this case, that's a trump card.

So because Montana only one by one, they move down.....but because Nova won by one, they jump 4 spots. Either quality of victory doesn't matter (and the Griz should stay number one) or manner of victory makes a difference (and thus SIU's manhandling of another top 10 team on the road should not allow any team to leapfrog it).

This is why I'm glad we actually have playoff system because the crazy justification of rankings like this drive me nuts.

AppStateold299
November 8th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I voted Villanova because they did beat the best team in the FCS this year. They have had a stronger schedule and it didn't take last minute heroics to keep them from becoming laughable. The Griz are unbeaten now, but I don't think they finish the season on top especially if they have to go on the road. They could not pull off an upset like Villanova did Saturday. I don't think many teams could. That is why I think Nova deserves the number 1 spot.

AppStateold299
November 8th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I am not punishing Montana for only winning by 1, but I am rewarding Villanova for winning by 1. Let's face it they faced 2 completely different programs. Villanova faced a team ranked #1 with an unbeaten record and Montana faced a winless team that couldn't touch a top 25 ranking with a 10 foot pole (even if they beat Montana). Apples and oranges! That is what we are comparing here. Nova deserves the spot...THIS WEEK!

salukidean
November 8th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I am not punishing Montana for only winning by 1, but I am rewarding Villanova for winning by 1. Let's face it they faced 2 completely different programs. Villanova faced a team ranked #1 with an unbeaten record and Montana faced a winless team that couldn't touch a top 25 ranking with a 10 foot pole (even if they beat Montana). Apples and oranges! That is what we are comparing here. Nova deserves the spot...THIS WEEK!

If you reward Villanova for winning by one on the road, how can you not reward SIU for winning by 19 on the road (against the 9th ranked team in the country).

To me, the Saluki victory is more impressive as they didn't have to rely on the opponent missing a FG attempt at the end of the game to hang on for the W. Nova's opponent may have been a tougher matchup.....but the manner of victory more than makes up that difference.

I hope the pollsters vote like you did though (although I really think they'll leave Montana #1).....entering the playoffs #2 or #3 will just provide the Dawgs with more motivation to get the job done in Chattanooga....and that last poll is really the only one I care about.

Appattk
November 8th, 2009, 11:03 AM
If you reward Villanova for winning by one on the road, how can you not reward SIU for winning by 19 on the road (against the 9th ranked team in the country).

To me, the Saluki victory is more impressive as they didn't have to rely on the opponent missing a FG attempt at the end of the game to hang on for the W. Nova's opponent may have been a tougher matchup.....but the manner of victory more than makes up that difference.

I hope the pollsters vote like you did though (although I really think they'll leave Montana #1).....entering the playoffs #2 or #3 will just provide the Dawgs with more motivation to get the job done in Chattanooga....and that last poll is really the only one I care about.

SIU hasn't shown me a reason to NOT vote them #1. Montana & Villanova have.... Even with a backup QB they haven't missed a beat....

Houndawg
November 8th, 2009, 11:22 AM

1) Nova

2) SIU

3) Montana

Nova beat the defending national champ on the road, even if they were lucky; they deserve it this week..

SIU jumps Montana because they beat the snot out of a top 10 team on the road, did it with a freshman QB, and are undefeated in FCS play.

Montana stunk the place up but won.

caribbeanhen
November 8th, 2009, 11:24 AM
voted Nova only becasue I think if Montana or SIU went marching into Richmond, Eric Ward and company would still be #1

gbhmt
November 8th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Boy the way everyone's fussing about it we might as well put in Idaho State as most significant win of the week.xrolleyesx

JMUNJ08
November 8th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Boy the way everyone's fussing about it we might as well put in Idaho State as most significant win of the week.xrolleyesx

Depending on the voting I wouldn't doubt it. But then do you pick Nova/SIU/ISU as the most significant win?

GrizzlyEdd
November 8th, 2009, 12:56 PM
At the risk of ipssing off other Griz fans, I would put the top four this way....

1. Villanova
2. SIU
3. Montana
4. Richmond
xcoolx

soccerguy315
November 8th, 2009, 01:11 PM
1. Villanova
2. SIU
3. Richmond
4. Montana

Silenoz
November 8th, 2009, 01:12 PM
At the risk of ipssing off other Griz fans, I would put the top four this way....

1. Villanova
2. SIU
3. Montana
4. Richmond
xcoolx
That's what I had in my ballot

joecooll6
November 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
voted Nova only becasue I think if Montana or SIU went marching into Richmond, Eric Ward and company would still be #1

Well, I think you underrate the Salukis. They basically pwned the MVFC this year, and they did it while having to play the next two best teams on the road.

Every time SIU wins in the dome, they win the national title.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I didn't vote but if I were ... it would be for those dang Spiders.

They are the champs and deserve to be so --- until someone knocks them out of the playoffs. They may stumble and blow chunks when that time comes but that does not prevent me from believing in the second week of November that they are not the best pick to win it all. It's Richmond until further notice, boys and girls (W&M ? - LOL)

Sorry if my criteria sticks in your craw xlolx If I were a betting man my $$$ is still on Richmond (*). Regardless of losses or ugly wins or victories over the FBS, my #1 will always be the team which I think has the best tools to win it all in December.

Hats off to 'Nova but yah really didn't do any favors for the rest of the FCS. The pressure is now off Richmond (to capture the CAA, go undefeated and secure the #1 seed).

* My money would still be on Richmond --- and the loser of the Appalachian V. Elon matchup.

Silenoz
November 8th, 2009, 01:51 PM
W&M ? - LOL

We'll see

Aho_Old_Guy
November 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
We'll see

I was trying to make a joke.

"Richmond currently being best equipped to win it all in December" as my criteria --- referring to our fellow posters as "boys and girls" --- and then qualifying my Richmond non-vote by connecting "boys and girls" to "Bill&Mary". Got that?

You will be tested later.

(And, yes. We will see, won't we? I'll be more than happy to take the FCS field against Montana in the playoffs.)

Poker Alan
November 8th, 2009, 02:45 PM
(And, yes. We will see, won't we? I'll be more than happy to take the FCS field against Montana in the playoffs.)

Silly statement, I would take the FCS field in the playoffs against any team, this season. -- point noted, however, about the Griz not winning the championship this year, based on yesterdays pathetic showing.

UncleSam
November 8th, 2009, 02:54 PM
SIU or Villanova, if Montana played a CAA or MVC schedule they would have two loses.

uofmman1122
November 8th, 2009, 03:16 PM
SIU or Villanova, if Montana played a CAA or MVC schedule they would have two loses.xrolleyesx

And if SIU or Villanova played a Big Sky schedule, they'd have two losses as well.

See? I can make up hyperbole that has nothing to do with reality, too. xlolx xwhistlex

Truth is, for all we know, Montana might still be undefeated if it had Richmond's, Nova's, or SIU's schedule. Saying they shouldn't be #1 based on your theory that they wouldn't do as well if they had a schedule which they do not doesn't make any sense.

People always say on here that "A win is a win is a win," but had Montana won by only 10 more points, people would have no problem with them. Great teams have bad games all the time, so if we don't show up for No Co next week, then by all means take us down as far as you'd like, but stop treating a win like a loss.

Houndawg
November 8th, 2009, 03:27 PM
xrolleyesx

And if SIU or Villanova played a Big Sky schedule, they'd have two losses as well.

See? I can make up hyperbole that has nothing to do with reality, too. xlolx xwhistlex

Truth is, for all we know, Montana might still be undefeated if it had Richmond's, Nova's, or SIU's schedule. Saying they shouldn't be #1 based on your theory that they wouldn't do as well if they had a schedule which they do not doesn't make any sense.

People always say on here that "A win is a win is a win," but had Montana won by only 10 more points, people would have no problem with them. Great teams have bad games all the time, so if we don't show up for No Co next week, then by all means take us down as far as you'd like, but stop treating a win like a loss.

A let down after a big game is one thing, being lucky to escape a Indiana State caliber opponent is something else again. Especially when your co-claimants to the top spot both took down Top 10 opponents on the road, and one of them is also undefeated in FCS competition.xnodx

Saluki_man
November 8th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Really...you speak for the entire FCS community...Debate over...SIU and 'Nova have just secured a spot in Chattanooga!!!

I'm just debating on who is #1 right now. This mean jack when Thanksgiving comes around and the playoffs start.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2009, 03:31 PM
A let down after a big game is one thing, being lucky to escape a Indiana State caliber opponent is something else again. Especially when your co-claimants to the top spot both took down Top 10 opponents on the road, and one of them is also undefeated in FCS competition.xnodx

And the other beat a FBS team that could very well be in the top 25 by the end of the season.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Silly statement, I would take the FCS field in the playoffs against any team, this season. -- point noted, however, about the Griz not winning the championship this year, based on yesterdays pathetic showing.

I emphatically agree. I have a graduate degree in 'Silly'.

I just can't figure why in all of my post "W&M" was quoted, with a response "We'll see" when clearly I was pumping Richmond as the best team in FCS, and the team to beat in the playoffs.

xconfusedx

kdinva
November 8th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I gave Nova the nod, with the GRIZ being #3 behind SIU..the CAA you are not, Big Sky xnonox

You're gonna try to tell me that the #1 team in ALL of FCS almost lost to arguably the WORST team in ALL of FCS???

xeyebrowx
I voted for SIU, who traveled and took SDSU to the woodshed, while Montana squeaked by a squad who probably couldn't beat Campbell or Presbyterian or Morehead.xcoffeex)

txst80
November 8th, 2009, 03:48 PM
xrolleyesx

And for all we know Boise or TCU would be undefeated if they played an SEC schedule. Only they don't get a chance to prove it. No need to worry too much, this will sort itself out in the playoffs.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Villanova has 3 LEGIT wins and a good loss (on the road.) They have played exactly zero sub D-1 teams and have been in the top 6 all season long. If Villanova is not at least #2 in this weeks poll.. it's a travesty.
If you can name a team with a better resume than Villanova, I'll concede, but to be honest, this week I was very tempted to vote Villanova #1 and Richmond #2

Tribe4SF
November 8th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Villanova has 3 LEGIT wins and a good loss (on the road.) They have played exactly zero sub D-1 teams and have been in the top 6 all season long. If Villanova is not at least #2 in this weeks poll.. it's a travesty.
If you can name a team with a better resume than Villanova, I'll concede, but to be honest, this week I was very tempted to vote Villanova #1 and Richmond #2

That is precisely what I did.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2009, 04:27 PM

Good for you, I didn't have the intestinal fortitude to do so

Houndawg
November 8th, 2009, 04:34 PM

If SIU wouldn't have put a world-class booty whoopin' on SDSU, with a freshman QB, at their place, I might agree, but it's Nova and SIU in the top two spots this week.xnodx

siuham
November 8th, 2009, 04:49 PM
How many people vote based on record? Those will be Montana's votes.

Who votes based on what they see on the field throughout the year? Those will be Nova/SIU's votes.

Sorry, Montana doesn't deserve to be #1 with the way they've played against some teams this year. Idaho State is the glaring, obvious one. Eastern Washington was a narrow escape at home. That may speak to Eastern Washington being better than thought by most though. If they showed up all year like they did against Weber, I'd be more inclined to see a complete logical split of #1 votes between three #1 teams this year. Right now, I think Richmond is better than Montana, and I voted accordingly. Nova/SIU are #1 in my head.

But as I mentioned earlier, I see the top #1 vote receiver not being #1 in the polls. I think most who vote Montana #1 will vote SIU #2. Most who vote SIU #1 will vote Nova #2 and Montana #3 or #4. Most who vote Nova #1 will more likely have Montana lower than SIU and/or Richmond.

Tomorrow, please. :(

Silenoz
November 8th, 2009, 05:54 PM
How many people vote based on record? Those will be Montana's votes.

Who votes based on what they see on the field throughout the year? Those will be Nova/SIU's votes.

Sorry, Montana doesn't deserve to be #1 with the way they've played against some teams this year. Idaho State is the glaring, obvious one. Eastern Washington was a narrow escape at home. That may speak to Eastern Washington being better than thought by most though. If they showed up all year like they did against Weber, I'd be more inclined to see a complete logical split of #1 votes between three #1 teams this year. Right now, I think Richmond is better than Montana, and I voted accordingly. Nova/SIU are #1 in my head.

But as I mentioned earlier, I see the top #1 vote receiver not being #1 in the polls. I think most who vote Montana #1 will vote SIU #2. Most who vote SIU #1 will vote Nova #2 and Montana #3 or #4. Most who vote Nova #1 will more likely have Montana lower than SIU and/or Richmond.

Tomorrow, please. :(

EWU is very likely to be a playoff team. We've really only had this one bad game (terrible game) and a very uninspired performance at UC-Davis.

siuham
November 8th, 2009, 06:18 PM
EWU is very likely to be a playoff team. We've really only had this one bad game (terrible game) and a very uninspired performance at UC-Davis.

I thought about mentioning UC-D, but they pulled out a good win so it's not a 'poor loss.'

I have a funny feeling SIU will stay at #3 this week in most polls. Maybe even #4 after a road win against a top 10 team. It's strange to think it, but I'm not ruling it out as a possibility.

JMU Newbill
November 8th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Despite any argument made, if your vote was for anyone other than Montana... you are an idiot, or you go to App St.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

With that being said, don't count Richmond out. Tough game against a good team where special teams lost it. Open tryouts for a new kicker, or he makes any one of the three kicks he missed, and we aren't having this discussion.

I still like Richmond in the long run, but watch out for any number of teams (Nova, SIU, Montana, etc.).

siuham
November 8th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Why is anyone not voting for Montana an idiot?

Being undefeated?

SIU is undefeated against FCS competition, just as Montana is, so that argument is pretty moot.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Here's My top 5 (and my explanations)
1. Villanova- I had them number two in my preseason rankings behind App St. and I think they are the only team in America that legitimately has three big time quality wins (UR, W&M, Temple) of those three wins, two of them have been as the visiting team.
2. Richmond- I had UR third in my preseason poll and first in my last poll they have a close loss to the team right ahead of them and an FBS win. I see no reason to vault any of these teams ahead of them.
3. Southern Illinois- Has done a good job so far but I'm not as sold on SDSU as some others may be. I honestly think this is a bit of a down year for the MVFC (believe it or not)
4. New Hampshire- The only team to beating Villanova this season.. that counts for something, but they've been slouching a bit in recent weeks so I'm not sure.
5. Montana- I seriously do not think Montana is a top five team in America but since they're undefeated, I feel that it's necessary to throw them a bone. With no top 10 wins and a D-2 team on their schedule, I feel Montana built their schedule like they were trying to go to a BCS bowl.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Despite any argument made, if your vote was for anyone other than Montana... you are an idiot, or you go to App St.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

With that being said, don't count Richmond out. Tough game against a good team where special teams lost it. Open tryouts for a new kicker, or he makes any one of the three kicks he missed, and we aren't having this discussion.

I still like Richmond in the long run, but watch out for any number of teams (Nova, SIU, Montana, etc.).

Frankly, if Nick Yako made the chip shot in the first half we would still be having this discussion.

JMU Newbill
November 8th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Why is anyone not voting for Montana an idiot?

Being undefeated?

SIU is undefeated against FCS competition, just as Montana is, so that argument is pretty moot.

Don't think SIU can beat Montana.. IMO.

But I would certainly entertain an SIU argument over an App State, Villanova, W&M, Richmond, or any other argument.

JMU Newbill
November 8th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Frankly, if Nick Yako made the chip shot in the first half we would still be having this discussion.

Disagree.

If all the kicks attempted go through the uprights, do the math.

Keenan
November 8th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Southern Illinois has been most impressive! The Salukis would be #1 on my ballot if I had one.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Disagree.

If all the kicks attempted go through the uprights, do the math.

You can't count the 50 yarder before half

uofmman1122
November 8th, 2009, 08:07 PM
You can't count the 50 yarder before halfWe are talking about the Richmond kicker, right?

Wow...he made a 50-yarder earlier in the game?

Sounds like it was more nerves than lack of skill on that last one.

ur2k
November 8th, 2009, 08:10 PM
You can't count the 50 yarder before half

How about the missed xps?

And to clarify, he missed the 50 yarder before half

uofmman1122
November 8th, 2009, 08:12 PM

And to clarify, he missed the 50 yarder before halfAhh, my bad. And I think I mistook Yako as UR's kicker.

Hoyadestroya85
November 8th, 2009, 08:26 PM

And to clarify, he missed the 50 yarder before half

One of the missed XP's was made up by the fact that they converted a two point conversion the next TD.

Gil Dobie
November 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
SIU is still undefeated in FCS, and won two big road games at UNI and SDSU.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 8th, 2009, 09:19 PM
This will sort itself out in the next 2 weeks. I could care less right now how badly we won, we still managed to win. IF we can somehow win the next 2, I don't see us not getting a seed. I would rather have this win and know we can play better and improve. A lot of the arguments really sound like the same BCS BS I hear around the FBS world about, Utah, TCU and Boise. "Their conference sucks" so winning all your games doesn't count, etc. If we can somehow win out, I don't see how you couldn't give us a top 2 seed and that is all we need at this point of the season. Well, some better play and coaching would be nice, but that can be fixed :Dxthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
November 8th, 2009, 09:41 PM
3. Southern Illinois- Has done a good job so far but I'm not as sold on SDSU as some others may be. I honestly think this is a bit of a down year for the MVFC (believe it or not)

I was sold on SDSU when they beat Georgia Southern 44-6 to start the season.
xnodx

nevadagriz
November 8th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Vote Montana where ever you would like it does not matter, this is why we have playoffs! All you CAA guys can bag on the Griz all you want it did not bother the Griz when they went to JMU and beat the MIGHTY dukes last year. Things will be settled on the field and maybe just maybe that team you all love to hate from missoula just might make it to the Chipper again we shalll see.

SoCalAg
November 8th, 2009, 10:24 PM
The #2 team in the country won while the #1 team lost to another school in our division, thus #2 must move up to #1. Montana is not the best team in the country, but they can be #1 for a few weeks and then we'll settle it on the field the way God intended it.

WMTribe90
November 8th, 2009, 10:27 PM
My top 3...

1) VU
2) UR
3) SIU

GoAgs72
November 8th, 2009, 10:42 PM
My top four

1. Southern Illinois
2. Villanova
3. William & Mary
4. Richmond

Bronco
November 8th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Maybe there will be a poll someday where you can't vote for your home team.

I voted for VU having won against the defending undefeated champs on their home turf

soccerguy315
November 8th, 2009, 10:43 PM
The #2 team in the country won while the #1 team lost to another school in our division, thus #2 must move up to #1. Montana is not the best team in the country, but they can be #1 for a few weeks and then we'll settle it on the field the way God intended it.

if you don't think they are the best, why do you think they are #1?

that seems contradictory to me. xeyebrowx

GrizBowl
November 8th, 2009, 10:57 PM
SIU or Villanova, if Montana played a CAA or MVC schedule they would have two loses.

Doubt it

93henfan
November 8th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I need to retract my vote for Montana. After looking at the schedules and results, I moved SIU to the top of my AGS ballot. With only one loss (to an FBS), they have the best resume IMHO. xpeacex

Tailbone
November 9th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I need to retract my vote for Montana. After looking at the schedules and results, I moved SIU to the top of my AGS ballot. With only one loss (to an FBS), they have the best resume IMHO. xpeacex

I thought the idea was to vote for the best team....not the best resume'. xsmiley_wix

401ks
November 9th, 2009, 01:27 AM

Actually, there are two:

Montana

and

Butler

... and I don't believe that either of them is the best team in Division I FCS.

I voted for Southern Illinois.

JMU Newbill
November 9th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Vote Montana where ever you would like it does not matter, this is why we have playoffs! All you CAA guys can bag on the Griz all you want it did not bother the Griz when they went to JMU and beat the MIGHTY dukes last year. Things will be settled on the field and maybe just maybe that team you all love to hate from missoula just might make it to the Chipper again we shalll see.

FWIW... I was standing up for Montana xrulesx

But then again, I'm just one of those "CAA guys"

HensRock
November 9th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Actually, there are two:

Montana

and

Butler

... and I don't believe that either of them are the best team in Division I FCS.

I voted for Southern Illinois.

401ks beat me to it!

I suppose all of the folks that have the Griz ranked #1 probably have Butler ranked #2.
xsmiley_wix

grizzpaw
November 9th, 2009, 07:09 AM
its funny u east coast people started it last year rewarding teams FOR LOSING! isu could beat almost ANYONE in the nec or the patriot and a few caa teams. thats not smack either, i have watched almost 40 fcs teams this year (on tv & net) if any of you had looked at the history of the last few games against isu you would have seen that they play the griz VERY good EVERY year!

centraljerseycat
November 9th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I voted for Villanova but will be surprised to see them jump Montana when the new poll comes out this afternoon. Then again after the Grizzlies lose to Montana State and 'Nova beats Delaware we'll be the #1 seed in the playoffs.

I don't know what's sweeter beating the Hens on 11/21 to keep them out of the playoffs or beating their hoop team by 50 on 12/23. :D

Gil Dobie
November 9th, 2009, 08:02 AM
I voted for Villanova but will be surprised to see them jump Montana when the new poll comes out this afternoon. Then again after the Grizzlies lose to Montana State and 'Nova beats Delaware we'll be the #1 seed in the playoffs.

I don't know what's sweeter beating the Hens on 11/21 to keep them out of the playoffs or beating their hoop team by 50 on 12/23. :D

If Montana did lose, why would a 1 FCS loss Nova team be seeded over a zero FCS loss SIU team?

89Hen
November 9th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Butler?

Hoyadestroya85
November 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM
If Montana did lose, why would a 1 FCS loss Nova team be seeded over a zero FCS loss SIU team?

Because Villanova has more quality wins, beat a better FBS team than SIU lost to and has a tougher schedule..