PDA

View Full Version : Dudzik Plans to Return to JMU for Senior Season

BDKJMU
November 5th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Just to dispel the opinions of some in the JMU nation that DD might not return because of how they thought MM treated the QB situation...
http://www.whsv.com/sports/headlines/69024877.html

knucklehead
November 5th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Goodie

mcveyrl
November 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM
That's good news. I guess how the next three games go will determine how many people are clamoring for DD's return to the starting spot. Will make for some interesting headlines.

JMU Newbill
November 6th, 2009, 08:48 AM
IMO, Dudzik is the better qb, but has proven to be soft. JMU can't run a soft qb in their system. Skills wise, he is light years ahead of Thorpe, but it doesn't matter if he can't stay on the field. Two concussions and a broken foot in about 5 games (counting the spring game)... sorry... that's not going to cut it.

ASUG8
November 6th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Did he have other options? Not being a smartass, just askin'.

LacesOut
November 6th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Depth at QB is always good.

mcveyrl
November 6th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I would assume that he could transfer down for his senior year if he wanted to.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 6th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Depth at QB is always good.

If it doesn't screw up team chemistry --- it can go bad when other team mates start picking sides.

And I'm not suggesting this could be a problem for JMU - just that QB 'controversies' seem to torpedo even the best of situations. It can be rough on coaches, rough in the locker room and especially rough on your more 'vocal' (xeyebrowx) fan base.

JMU Newbill
November 6th, 2009, 11:50 AM
If it doesn't screw up team chemistry --- it can go bad when other team mates start picking sides.

And I'm not suggesting this could be a problem for JMU - just that QB 'controversies' seem to torpedo even the best of situations. It can be rough on coaches, rough in the locker room and especially rough on your more 'vocal' (xeyebrowx) fan base.

I'm not 100% convinced that wasn't the case this year with our team.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 6th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I'm not 100% convinced that wasn't the case this year with our team.

Mehhh. You guys are just having one of those kinda years.

Should have beat the Terps --- got caught by Hofstra looking toward Richmond --- caught Villanova on the rebound from their loss --- got the Tribe after a bye week.

I'm an outsider looking in at the CAA but it seems to me the schedule-makers have as much to do with success in the CAA as anything - LOL - and you guys got screwed back-to-back-to-back-to-back with UR, Villanova, W&M and UD. Would that be considered the Murder's Row of the CAA ?

During a great year, coming out of that at 3-1 would be an unqualified success and 2-2 would still leave you in the hunt. I'm not making excuses for you but you guys really got the shaft ....

tribe_pride
November 6th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Mehhh. You guys are just having one of those kinda years.

Should have beat the Terps --- got caught by Hofstra looking toward Richmond --- caught Villanova on the rebound from their loss --- got the Tribe after a bye week.

I'm an outsider looking in at the CAA but it seems to me the schedule-makers have as much to do with success in the CAA as anything - LOL - and you guys got screwed back-to-back-to-back-to-back with UR, Villanova, W&M and UD. Would that be considered the Murder's Row of the CAA ?

During a great year, coming out of that at 3-1 would be an unqualified success and 2-2 would still leave you in the hunt. I'm not making excuses for you but you guys really got the shaft ....

Don't forget about the Bye week in Week 1

(rumors are the Tribe is moving its UNC game to around Halloween next year to accommodate UNC and may have a similar week 1 bye xsmhx )