PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-7

JALMOND
November 5th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Here we are in November, coming into the home stretch. This week, only seven conference teams are in action, with Weber State and Eastern Washington having a bye. Four games on the docket. Currently I am at 42-8 and hoping for a perfect week. This week's predictions in the Big Sky. All are my own opinion and all are open for discussion.

UM @ ISU---Sometimes there are games that have to be played because they are on the schedule. Still, compared to some of the games the Bengals played last year (and some they've played this year), last year's game against the Grizzlies was pretty close. But on paper, this has to look like a major mismatch, for a Bengals win would be pretty shocking, even with the game being played in their barn. Shocking? Not really...UM 45, ISU 12.

MSU @ PSU---After last week, the Bobcats appear to have found an offense. Then again, playing against Idaho State can make anything look good. The Vikings, on the other hand, looked absolutely terrible against Eastern Washington, but then again, the Eagles can make you look terrible. The Vikings are trying to create an identity at home, but so far the identity has been related to losing. One for the Bobcats...MSU 27, PSU 7.

NAU @ Mississippi---The Jacks had a great season going, then something happened at Sacramento State last weekend. Ironically, this is about when they did a swoon last year, turning a promising season into a disappointment. They would like to get back on their winning ways and try for a playoff berth. However this week they head to SEC country and play Ole Miss. Play to win, or just survive...Mississippi 35, NAU 17.

Sac State @ UNC---The Hornets felt like they were on the verge of a big win all year. Then last week, they got it, playing Northern Arizona at home. The Bears felt like they were a better team than their record indicated. They just needed to get any type of win. They got that last week against past DII foe, South Dakota. Both teams would like to continue the winning ways. Unfortunately, only one can...UNC 25, Sac State 24.

Actually, the last game is probably the most difficult one in the bunch.

I Bleed Purple
November 5th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Yay! A guaranteed non loss!

I'm happy.

ncbears
November 5th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Looks good to me!

wapiti
November 5th, 2009, 09:51 AM
UM 38 @ ISU 13--- ISU has started out well, in the 1st quarter, in several of their games this year, but only to fold for the rest of the game. Being at home will give them hope for one quarter again, then it will be all Griz.

MSU 21 @ PSU 17--- PSU will play a decent game, but I think the MSU defense will pull it off in the 4th quarter.

NAU 17 @ Mississippi 42---NAU might keep it close for 2, maybe 3 quarters, but the FBS team will pull away in the 2nd half.

Sac State 17 @ UNC 24--- Tough call here. I will go with the home team on this one.

putter
November 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM
The Griz are just too deep for ISU. Watching the Cat/Cat matchup it was evident that depth is an issue in Pokey and I see the Griz playing their (third) team a lot at the end of this one, as their 1st and 2nd play the whole game anyway.

Herrick will want to go back to Miss and make a statement and has the offense to hang with them for a while but, like the Griz, FBS depth will come into play but I think they do ok - losing by 10

PSU is a jeckyl/hyde like thier coach and I think the Cats will give them a fight and I think MSU pulls this out in a close one.

UNC/SAC will be interesting, especially after last weeks win for the Bees. I am taking Sac

eagle1
November 5th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I think that PSU has thrown in the towel on the season. They didn't look to play with any passion last week and I don't think that they are on board any more with Glanville as their coach. I wouldn't be surprised if MSU totally destroyed them. I think ISU is still playing hard though but they will not beat the Griz. The Eags get some much needed time off and will be back at it next week at a very much improved Southern Utah team.

JackFan
November 5th, 2009, 06:11 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/jeffro5122/Olemiss.jpg Just in case anyone is interested the game will be shown on espn game plan and espn360.com

Its nice to finally see some respectable predictions for our guys against the big boys. Some of the Ole Miss boards have us losing by 60 +. This game will be exciting as it’s the talk of the campus, but it couldn’t come at a worst time for us. I hope we just get out of there healthy and have a respectable showing.

Here is a nice article about Herrick and his time at Ole Miss, it talks about Houston Nutt and his interactions or lack there of with Herrick, it s actually pretty interesting.

http://azdailysun.com/articles/2009/11/04/news/sports/20091104_sport_206847.txt

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 5th, 2009, 09:38 PM
UM @ ISU by 14

MSU @ PSU by 7

NAU @ Mississippi by 14

Sac State @ UNC by 3

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/jeffro5122/Olemiss.jpg Just in case anyone is interested the game will be shown on espn game plan and espn360.com

Its nice to finally see some respectable predictions for our guys against the big boys. Some of the Ole Miss boards have us losing by 60 +. This game will be exciting as it’s the talk of the campus, but it couldn’t come at a worst time for us. I hope we just get out of there healthy and have a respectable showing.

Here is a nice article about Herrick and his time at Ole Miss, it talks about Houston Nutt and his interactions or lack there of with Herrick, it s actually pretty interesting.

I think it will be tough, not impossible, to get the win, but loosing by 60 is a stretch even for a complete homer fan. xpeacex

JALMOND
November 5th, 2009, 11:03 PM

I used pretty much the same score as the Arizona game. I thought that would be fair. Good indication as to how much you've improved or not. I'd say anywhere between 2-3 touchdowns would be a good moral victory (although I will be cheering for the possible upset). One game I will not mind being wrong.xthumbsupx

100%GRIZ
November 6th, 2009, 11:19 AM
UM 48 ISU 13
MSU 24 PSU 10
NAU 10 Mississippi 52
SAC 24 NC 20

Walkon79
November 6th, 2009, 02:41 PM
UM
MSU
Ole Miss
UNC

JALMOND
November 7th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Here we are in November, coming into the home stretch. This week, only seven conference teams are in action, with Weber State and Eastern Washington having a bye. Four games on the docket. Currently I am at 42-8 and hoping for a perfect week. This week's predictions in the Big Sky. All are my own opinion and all are open for discussion.

UM @ ISU---Sometimes there are games that have to be played because they are on the schedule. Still, compared to some of the games the Bengals played last year (and some they've played this year), last year's game against the Grizzlies was pretty close. But on paper, this has to look like a major mismatch, for a Bengals win would be pretty shocking, even with the game being played in their barn. Shocking? Not really...UM 45, ISU 12.

MSU @ PSU---After last week, the Bobcats appear to have found an offense. Then again, playing against Idaho State can make anything look good. The Vikings, on the other hand, looked absolutely terrible against Eastern Washington, but then again, the Eagles can make you look terrible. The Vikings are trying to create an identity at home, but so far the identity has been related to losing. One for the Bobcats...MSU 27, PSU 7.

NAU @ Mississippi---The Jacks had a great season going, then something happened at Sacramento State last weekend. Ironically, this is about when they did a swoon last year, turning a promising season into a disappointment. They would like to get back on their winning ways and try for a playoff berth. However this week they head to SEC country and play Ole Miss. Play to win, or just survive...Mississippi 35, NAU 17.

Sac State @ UNC---The Hornets felt like they were on the verge of a big win all year. Then last week, they got it, playing Northern Arizona at home. The Bears felt like they were a better team than their record indicated. They just needed to get any type of win. They got that last week against past DII foe, South Dakota. Both teams would like to continue the winning ways. Unfortunately, only one can...UNC 25, Sac State 24.

Actually, the last game is probably the most difficult one in the bunch.

3-1 this week brings me to 45-9 for the year. Close on the PSU/MSU game and the NAU/Ole Miss game, but was way off on the Griz/ISU game. Sounds like I was not the only one, though.