PDA

View Full Version : Final Phase of Yale Bowl Restoration Complete

bulldog10jw
November 4th, 2009, 05:58 AM
http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-footbl/2009-10/releases/20091102voday7

Kenney Center, Jensen Plaza Open Saturday

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A revered, 95-year-old American sports venue has received a grand entrance fitting its national historic landmark status. The Kenney Center and Jensen Plaza are finished and officially open this Saturday for the Yale-Brown football game at Yale Bowl and the Class of '54 Field. These two additions, to be officially dedicated the morning of the Nov. 21 Yale-Harvard game, constitute the final phase of the $30 million restoration of the facility.

CFBfan
November 4th, 2009, 06:38 AM
http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-footbl/2009-10/releases/20091102voday7

Kenney Center, Jensen Plaza Open Saturday

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A revered, 95-year-old American sports venue has received a grand entrance fitting its national historic landmark status. The Kenney Center and Jensen Plaza are finished and officially open this Saturday for the Yale-Brown football game at Yale Bowl and the Class of '54 Field. These two additions, to be officially dedicated the morning of the Nov. 21 Yale-Harvard game, constitute the final phase of the $30 million restoration of the facility.

I was out that way last week and took a drive by, it looks great! Good for Yale and it's players perhaps they could help out Georgetown with their "alledged" MSF upgrade!

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM
It looks to be fine weather for Brown. May the Bowl expect expect a dignified attendance figure for its restorative unveiling? This looks like the league's game to watch this weekend.

GeauxColonels
November 4th, 2009, 03:50 PM
The one picture looks good. I hope they post more online...I really like checking out other teams' stadiums.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM
The one picture looks good. I hope they post more online...I really like checking out other teams' stadiums.

Times are tough ... pony up that $16 for each 6"x8" print xsmiley_wix

brownbear
November 5th, 2009, 12:41 AM
The Yale Bowl's a great stadium, probably my favorite one to travel to in the Ivy League, and I'll be there this Saturday. And the weather looks like it won't be a repeat of the Hurricane Noel Bowl in 2007 when around 3,000 showed up for the game (probably about 500 left in attendance by the end).

Here's the picture I remember that game by:

Ivytalk
November 5th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Will Harvard spoil the "christening"?xsmiley_wix

Pard4Life
November 5th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Well, apparently the forgot to renovate the bleachers in 90% of the stadium.

bulldog10jw
November 5th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Well, apparently the forgot to renovate the bleachers in 90% of the stadium.

That's OK. Except for the Harvard game, only 10% of the seats are used each week.

LBPop
November 5th, 2009, 01:09 PM
perhaps they could help out Georgetown with their "alleged" MSF upgrade!

When the MSF is upgraded, I hope it has a roof over the stands. It could get real messy with all those pigs flying over. xrolleyesx

Pard94
November 5th, 2009, 02:20 PM

Well then my friend...feast your eyes on these...oohh...ahhhh...