PDA

View Full Version : Swogger makes decision.

FlyYtown
December 15th, 2005, 08:20 PM
His final stop is Youngstown and he was here today and will be here tomorrow. I hear his first day he had a great impression on the program and what he saw. 33's Bob Hannon who knows his I-AA Football quoted Josh Wednesday by saying: "I want to come back and play in Youngstown" but seems as if people like to lie on boards like egriz posting lie after lie: He is a grizz! O wait he is now an Eagle!

He should make his decision this weekend and YSU is still #1 on his depth chart ---no pun intended.

kalm
December 15th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Come now, I posted on egriz only what that I heard on Spokane radio that they had information from EWU coming out tomorrow concerning Swogger. Read what you want into that, but mis-portraying what has been said by Griz and EWU boards kinda hurts your credibility doesn't it?

FlyYtown
December 15th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Considering its all lies it doesnt hurt my credability. I live in Youngstown and ask anyone on the YSU Boards; I was the first to say Swogger was leaving WSU and looking highly at YSU and that was back in Mid October!

I got the information and the sources; he is in Youngstown and to decide while meeting at YSU today and friday makes NO SINCE Whatsoever.

YSU is still the frontrunner.

Tailbone
December 15th, 2005, 09:58 PM
........I got the information and the sources; he is in Youngstown and to decide while meeting at YSU today and friday makes NO SINCE Whatsoever....

I'm scratching my head since what you said makes no sense whatsoever.

catbob
December 15th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Everybody in the world has sources.

CatFan22
December 15th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Come now, I posted on egriz only what that I heard on Spokane radio that they had information from EWU coming out tomorrow concerning Swogger. Read what you want into that, but mis-portraying what has been said by Griz and EWU boards kinda hurts your credibility doesn't it?

Haven't you figured out that you can't win in egriz? It doesn't matter what you hear and who you hear it from, you will always be in the minority. Ive got information from someone's mother before, so I reported it just to give some facts. The information turned out to be wrong and I was basically harrassed to no end over there. Egriz, in my opinion has hurt its credibility plenty more than anyone on here.

CatFan22
December 15th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Personally I would love to see Swogger in the Big Sky to see how he performs. I could care less where he goes, but in my opinion, I think he will end up at YSU.

AppFootballAlum
December 16th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Considering its all lies it doesnt hurt my credability. I live in Youngstown and ask anyone on the YSU Boards; I was the first to say Swogger was leaving WSU and looking highly at YSU and that was back in Mid October!

I got the information and the sources; he is in Youngstown and to decide while meeting at YSU today and friday makes NO SINCE Whatsoever.

YSU is still the frontrunner.

According to the latest news reports quoting his father, Swogger is considering a number of schools and has yet to make a decision but is leaning towards YSU. Thus, nothing said on the radio, on various boards, or by kalm are necessarily lies.

Tom W
December 16th, 2005, 01:22 PM
After Meyer's winning of the Peyton Award I wonder if that will have any influence in his descision? They can coach em up at EWU, they have QB's with 3 out of four Big Sky Offensive player's of the year with both of those QB's getting a shot at the NFL!

ewu guy
December 16th, 2005, 02:37 PM
EWU could use the help. We'll have a mostly untested quarterback starting next year, and our defense will be subject again.

bcrawf
December 16th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Why would he want to play at YSU if he wants to play in the NFL- They throw the ball like 4 times a game and Heacock loves to play musical chairs at the position.

He should go to EWU- and then the committee needs to send them somewhere other than here next year!!

catbob
December 16th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Why would he want to play at YSU if he wants to play in the NFL- They throw the ball like 4 times a game and Heacock loves to play musical chairs at the position.

He should go to EWU- and then the committee needs to send them somewhere other than here next year!!

Don't worry, Kimble is gone too. =]

eagle1
December 16th, 2005, 03:27 PM
bcrawf - I don't think many EWU fans want to come back to Cedar Falls. Hell, we are 0-5 in the dome and seem to always lose by at least three points. Maybe EWU can host a first round and UNI can come to Cheney for a game. Go Eagles!!!

putter
December 16th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Flytown,

I'm sure your info is as close to the truth as there is and I don't think people post anything just for the fun of it. Isn't Swoggers wife still at WSU? I know if my wife was staying out west to finish school there would be a 99.99% chance I am staying near her, regardless of the chance to go home. To that end EWU woudl be a frontrunner.

Yea, Cat fans bashing eGriz knowing that it NEVER happens on Bobcatnation!! :rolleyes:

FlyYtown
December 16th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Flytown,

I'm sure your info is as close to the truth as there is and I don't think people post anything just for the fun of it. Isn't Swoggers wife still at WSU? I know if my wife was staying out west to finish school there would be a 99.99% chance I am staying near her, regardless of the chance to go home. To that end EWU woudl be a frontrunner.

Yea, Cat fans bashing eGriz knowing that it NEVER happens on Bobcatnation!! :rolleyes:

Regardless of that he still has said on a number of occasions he wants to comeback and I am not sure what year of college his wife is in at WSU but I do know she has said she wants the best for Josh and his career.

And trust me when you see Louis Irrizarry on the field we will throw a lot.

Wellington
December 16th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Sounds like he might be the next Craig Ochs. Injured, taken out of the game, and not let back in once he healed, and then downgrading to 1-aa, and doing really well.

GRIZNATION
December 18th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Josh Swogger has made his decision... his first home game will be in front of 23,000+ fans... :smiley_wi

Ronbo
December 18th, 2005, 10:23 PM
This weekend.

According to a Cougar friend and also a family member posting at eGriz Josh Swogger 6'5" 235 lbs., former starting QB for Washington State will be a Grizzly. He apparantly made the decision between Montana, EWU and Youngstown State. Family member stated it wasn't even close, Josh got a lot of love from the Griz Coaches and he was impressed with their vision for the team in 2006. He's informed the WSU Coaches and it will be officially announced this week. He'll stay in Missoula at former Cougar QB Matt Kagel's house.

This is good because we have only young QB's and this gives them another year to mature. Question is will Jason Washington stay as a 3rd string QB or leave? Or will the Coaches convince him to switch positions, maybe WR or RB.

Now we need to land WR Craig Chambers from Washington and our passing game will be back on track. Chambers was in Missoula this weekend.

PantherMan
December 18th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Good news for the Griz! Sounds like a good pick up! xprost2x

putter
December 19th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Wow Ronbo! That will make an interesting spring between him, Bergquist and Stapp!! :o

twentythreeOh4
December 19th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Link to the Missoula newspaper with the story.

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2005/12/19/sports/sports01.txt

Ronbo
December 19th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Kitspsun.com (http://www.thesunlink.com/bsun/sp_college_sports/article/0,2666,BSUN_23502_4326249,00.html)

Missoulian (http://missoulian.com/articles/2005/12/19/sports/sports01.txt)

TexasTerror
December 19th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Nice...

Two years of eligibility. What do you folks in Griz-land think his impact will be? A win over Montana St this next year included?

Ronbo
December 19th, 2005, 08:48 AM
One missing piece last year was solid and consistant QB play. Our Freshman Bergquist was thrown in over his head and it showed. He'll be a good backup as a Soph. and this gives him another year to develop. Our 3rd and 4th QB's will be a RS Freshman and a Redshirt. So we are really young there. We have another Senior QB Jason Washington but I question wether he will stick around and if he does might switch positions.

We return every WR but one and we are close to landing Washington's best receiver (unhappy with Ty Willingham), we have the Big Sky's best returning RB and a speedster from Louisiville coming in (Junior Reggie Bradshaw) to back him up.

We return both kickers and 21 of 26 defensive lettermen from the Big Sky's best defense.

We'll be right back in the thick of things.

AppFootballAlum
December 19th, 2005, 08:58 AM
So where is FlyYtown on this announcement? You would think that he would be a little humble and possibly offer an apology to kalm after saying kalm was posting lies about Swogger and his potential plans to be a Griz

Tribe4SF
December 19th, 2005, 08:58 AM
FlyYtown will be crushed! How could the hometown boy throw over the Guins? waa waa

GoGuins
December 19th, 2005, 09:01 AM
And trust me when you see Louis Irrizarry on the field we will throw a lot.

Swogger not coming to YSU and don't be surprised if Irizarry is not at YSU come Spring ball. My source (a relative of Irizarry) says he is 50/50 on playing football at YSU. He's there right now attending classes and trying to get his life back in order. He still desires to play at a big time IA program.

colgate13
December 19th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Lies! Lies! Lies! How funny!

Good one there Montana. Amazing how you keep attracting the talent. Why am I not surprised?

Hansel
December 19th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Still don't understand why everyone gets their panties in a bunch over IA transfers who they think can walk on water, Remember how Riccio (who was so awesome but he was stuck behind Brad Smith) was going to lead UD to the promised land or how J. Washington (who was so awesome but he was stuck behind Jacobs) was going to step in and lead the 'Griz deep in the playoffs. Shoot, we had a transfer QB from Northwestern who started as a freshmen then transferred when they "changed their offensive system", who although a great person, never lived up to expectations

etc etc etc

wake me up when these transfers do something on the field

xcoffeex

TulsaBobcat
December 19th, 2005, 09:41 AM
We return both kickers and 21 of 26 defensive lettermen from the Big Sky's best defense.

Hate to break it to you Ronbo, the Cats had the best defense in the Big Sky last year. Look at the stats!

Ronbo
December 19th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Montana 18.2 points per game.

MSU 22.8 points per game.

Defense is measured by points against. That's the only stat that matters. We were clearly the best.

TulsaBobcat
December 19th, 2005, 09:56 AM

Defense is measured by points against. That's the only stat that matters. We were clearly the best.

Spin....spin.......spin. You've got to love it.

TexasTerror
December 19th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Off-season Montana-Montana St smack!

Ah, the season can not come any sooner! How many days we have fellas?

grizband
December 19th, 2005, 10:02 AM
The Griz led in the only two defensive categories that really, truly matter: points allowed, and turnover margin. I don't care if we give up 400 yards per game, if we still only surrender 15 points per game.

kalm
December 19th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Still don't understand why everyone gets their panties in a bunch over IA transfers who they think can walk on water, Remember how Riccio (who was so awesome but he was stuck behind Brad Smith) was going to lead UD to the promised land or how J. Washington (who was so awesome but he was stuck behind Jacobs) was going to step in and lead the 'Griz deep in the playoffs. Shoot, we had a transfer QB from Northwestern who started as a freshmen then transferred when they "changed their offensive system", who although a great person, never lived up to expectations

etc etc etc

xcoffeex

Did you watch what happened when Rex Grossman went in the game last night for Chicago? They went from looking like the Griz's offense to looking like the typical well-oiled machine outta Cheney :)

Josh Blakenship transferred from Tulsa to EWU in '02 and threw for g'zillion yards and a whole bunch of TD's. A QB change can do wonders.

Nice pick up Griz. I was looking forward to watching Swogger play at Woodward, I was just hoping it was for more than one game!

GoGuins
December 19th, 2005, 10:11 AM

etc etc etc

xcoffeex

Good points, UM basically told Swogger he is the starter coming in. I'm sure YSU's Heacock told him he would have to compete for the job, like he does with all I-A transfers. I know his wife factored big time in his decision and YSU and it's location probably had them near the bottom of his list. A few years ago, QB Cecil Howard came to YSU from Syracuse thinking he could walk right in and be named the starter. When he was told by the coach he would have to compete for the job, he left YSU after one week. A lot of times these IA transfers have swelled egos and think they should just be handed the job when they arrive.

One transfer I had to laugh at that came to YSU was RB Eric Lockhart (from Louisville) who stated in an interview when he arrived at YSU that he should gain 50 yards every time he touches the ball, basically stating how inferior he thought I-AA was compared to I-A. He probably averaged less than 2 yds per carry in his two years here.

AZGrizFan
December 19th, 2005, 10:20 AM

Keep measuring the things that don't matter, bobcats. It's why you are where you are every year in the playoffs....er, out of the playoffs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DaGriz
December 19th, 2005, 10:20 AM

etc etc etc

xcoffeex

Actually, we weren't real sure what to think about with Washington. Ronnie Rodamer last year at WR did nothing for us, in fact he quit. The verdict is still out on Eric Allen WR. Hopefully he pans out. The reason we get excited, Griz fans, is because we have seen what a good transfer QB can do for our program. Look at Ochs from CU and Miller from BYU in 2000 I think it was. Both took us to the Championship.

ForShizzleGrizzle
December 19th, 2005, 11:10 AM
The Bobcats had a much better defense then our Griz in the playoffs. They didn't allow a single point or a single yard. They were amazing.

VictorG
December 19th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Off-season Montana-Montana St smack!

Ah, the season can not come any sooner! How many days we have fellas?

Doesn't matter how many days. THIS IS WHAT WE DO!!!!! :argue:

But we're much more civil with each other when it comes to Basket Ball and it's been a long time since I've seen some good Rodeo smack! :) To bad fly fishing isn't an NCAA sanctioned sport. We could really get worked up on that one! :hurray:

JSU Fan
December 19th, 2005, 12:14 PM
So where is FlyYtown on this announcement?

Maybe FlyYtown is too busy at the MAC offices today filling out YSU's application. :smiley_wi

Out.

Tom W
December 19th, 2005, 12:46 PM

I would have the say that Montana has the better defense; they only gave up 34 points to Eastern Washington while Montana State gave up 35!

GoGuins
December 19th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Good Luck Josh, I would have liked to see you in a Penguin uniform but you're still representin' us here in Ytown. Good catch Griz

FlyYtown
December 19th, 2005, 02:52 PM
So where is FlyYtown on this announcement? You would think that he would be a little humble and possibly offer an apology to kalm after saying kalm was posting lies about Swogger and his potential plans to be a Griz
All my info can be backed up with sources and they were wrong. I just posted what I thought were reliable sources on here. He has ONE YEAR Left to play and I did not know he went to Mizzoula on that many occasions.

Listen I don't post pure lies. Say what you want but for a good amount of time YSU was his number one team until the griz gave him love. Lets face it he can make 4-5 trips to UM and only 1 to YSU...

The good for YSU that comes out of this is Zetts can be assured of the starting roll for 2 more years. He is a great competitor and will be in a major force with Eriz Sanders of UNI for the best GFC QB..
Good Luck Josh. I know you will make the griz proud!

putter
December 19th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Another example that rumors are worth the paper they are written on! :doh: FlyTown, thanks for the info that Swogger was leaving WSU as we are all interested. We all have to remember that, until confirmed, we have to take unsubstantiated info with a grain of salt.

AppFootballAlum
December 19th, 2005, 04:23 PM
All my info can be backed up with sources and they were wrong. I just posted what I thought were reliable sources on here. He has ONE YEAR Left to play and I did not know he went to Mizzoula on that many occasions.

Listen I don't post pure lies. Say what you want but for a good amount of time YSU was his number one team until the griz gave him love. Lets face it he can make 4-5 trips to UM and only 1 to YSU...

The good for YSU that comes out of this is Zetts can be assured of the starting roll for 2 more years. He is a great competitor and will be in a major force with Eriz Sanders of UNI for the best GFC QB..
Good Luck Josh. I know you will make the griz proud!

I didn't say you were posting lies.....You said kalm was posting lies

Obzerver
December 19th, 2005, 04:54 PM
FlyYtown, before you posted about Swooger leaving it was common knowledge out of the Cougar Nation...it just wasn't that big of a deal. Still isn't until you made it so...