PDA

View Full Version : Big South Predictions: Nov. 7th

kdinva
November 3rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
What the Heck, I'll start this threadlxrotatehx

Gardner Webb at Coastal Carolina; 12:30
Charleston Southern at Presbyterian; 1:30
VMI at Liberty; 7:00 (MASN-tv)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gard-Webb 23; CCU 17
CSU 31; Presby 25
Liberty 33; VMI 23

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
Like I thought.. all the mod's here have hidden agenda's and make up infractions against members whom they don't like. You're all a bunch of f u c king cowards. All you're doing is causing everyone to go over to CHAMPIONSHIPSUBDIVISION.COM and never come back to this pathetic site. It is truly amazing that so many immature cowards subjectively moderate this place without any accountability or repercussions for their actions. Go Fu - ck yourselves c u n-t stains!!!

g-webb1994
November 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
G-W 20
CCU 17

CSU 27
PC 17

LU 45
VMI 20

BJuice
November 3rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
My Power rankings this week:

1. Liberty - The reigning champion stays on top until beaten
2. Stony Brook - Undefeated in conference at 4-0
3. Gardner-Webb - Good, but must stay focused this week on the road
4. Charleston Southern - Must avoid a letdown on the road against a weaker opponent
5. VMI - Good, but struggling to find the win column
6. Coastal Carolina - A chance to pull an upset this week at home. Always tough for G-W.
7. Presbyterian - Struggling, but able to pull an upset if overlooked or underestimated.

This week's games...

Gardner-Webb 23
Coastal Carolina 16

Charleston Southern 24
Presbyterian 10

Liberty 34
VMI 24

ToTheLeft
November 3rd, 2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah, sorry guys... I usually make this thread, and I didn't this week.

I don't wanna give detailed predictions this week, don't want to stir the pot, but I have LU, CCU, and CSU winning.

Schfourteenteen
November 4th, 2009, 06:32 AM
You crybaby.

1)Liberty - Now has too many Kool-Aid fans. Just wait till a loss. They'll disappear.
2)Stony Brook - Setting up nicely to see the championship
3)Gardner Webb - Get on the dance floor, it's time for the November Slide!
4)Coastal Carolina - The next 3 games will determine Bennett's future.
5)Chuck South - could end up at 4 with a CCU win.
6)VMI - Can always catch a team off guard with that option.
7)Presby - School President calls conference the "Big SAC." If they hire Bobby Bentley as the new AD they'll move up in my rankings.

G-W 17
CCU 27

CSU 30
PC 13

LU 42
VMI 21

Keenan
November 4th, 2009, 07:18 AM
You crybaby.

1)Liberty - Now has too many Kool-Aid fans. Just wait till a loss. They'll disappear.
2)Stony Brook - Setting up nicely to see the championship
3)Gardner Webb - Get on the dance floor, it's time for the November Slide!
4)Coastal Carolina - The next 3 games will determine Bennett's future.
5)Chuck South - could end up at 4 with a CCU win.
6)VMI - Can always catch a team off guard with that option.
7)Presby - School President calls conference the "Big SAC." If they hire Bobby Bentley as the new AD they'll move up in my rankings.

G-W 17
CCU 27

CSU 30
PC 13

LU 42
VMI 21

LU hater in disguise? Location: Lynchburg,VA. I know everyone in Lynchburg hated LU when I went there. How about you?xpopcornx

ToTheLeft
November 4th, 2009, 07:38 AM
No, he's an LU student. He's in two classes with me.

jcmanson
November 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Bennett will be at Coastal next year even if they lose the rest of their games this year.

knucklehead
November 4th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Gardner Webb 24 Coastal Carolina 21

Charleston Southern 14 Presbyterian 17 That's right, Presby breaks the streak

VMI 24 Liberty 38

If 14 is referring to me as a Koolaid fan, I will have it noted that I have been saying all along that there are 3 games left to play and who knows what will happen.

This is a very good team, but not yet nearly a great team. Next Year?

Keenan
November 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Gardner-Webb 20
Coastal Carolina 21

Charleston Southern 14
Presbyterian 10

Liberty 45
VMI 14

Schfourteenteen
November 4th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I'm not rooting against Liberty. Just saying a loss will make the koolaid disappear.

knucklehead
November 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
But we don't want to see Stupid Hose part 2.

IaaScribe
November 4th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Chuck South ain't losin' to the Hose.

elcid83
November 4th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Liberty's D has been stingy - giving up 45 points in 3 Big South games. If they keep Maypray from running back a punt or a kick, VMI shouldn't score more than 14 points. Of course, Liberty is likely to score 45+ against VMI's D.

Charleston Southern should be able to score enough points against PC to win this contest handily. Their QB is efficient enough that he will be able to effectively operate against the most porous D in the Big South. PC has held 1 team to less than 30 points [Chattanooga - 29 pts] and their O has scored more than 20 points only twice. Charleston Southern 36 PC 14 feels about right.

Gardner-Webb at Coastal Carolina is likely the game of the week in the Big South. In 3 Big South games, Coastal has lost 2 to Liberty and Stony Brook and have given up twice as many points on D as they have scored on O. Gardner-Webb's O has been very efficient until they coughed the ball up 4 times against Stony Brook. The Runnin' Bulldogs should win if they take care of the football. Should still be a close game - GW 24 - CC 20.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs005.snc3/11244_1181394209017_1053041569_30484387_1298164_n. jpg

SumItUp
November 4th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Liberty
Charleston Southern
Gardner Webb

kdinva
November 4th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Liberty's D has been stingy - giving up 45 points in 3 Big South games. If they keep Maypray from running back a punt or a kick, VMI shouldn't score more than 14 points. Of course, Liberty is likely to score 45+ against VMI's D.

Liberty definitely tough(er) at home..........VMI is missing two O-linemen (one other may be at 75%), our #2 FB, and our 2nd best LB. Yet, if VMI plays the way they played at UR, you never knowxnodx. Or, if VMI plays the way they did vs. Robert Morris, or the 4th period vs. SBU, CCU, or CSU, could be a bit ugly:(.

jcmanson
November 4th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Liberty's D has been stingy - giving up 45 points in 3 Big South games.

It's even been more stingy than those numbers considering 21 of those 45 points have come late in the 4th quarter against our 3rd string D.

IaaScribe
November 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Liberty has allowed 14 first-half points in three league games (12 really, since two came when LU's long snapper snapped a ball out of the end zone for a safety).

ToTheLeft
November 4th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Liberty has allowed 14 first-half points in three league games (12 really, since two came when LU's long snapper snapped a ball out of the end zone for a safety).

By the way, is there any chance that play was intentional? I honestly wasn't watching, and haven't asked anyone else, but in that situation I could see taking a safety being a viable option.

knucklehead
November 4th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Are you suggesting we did that on purpuse to give up 2 pts and put them back in worse field position than a punt would have? Maybe you are right, but that never occurred to me.

IaaScribe
November 4th, 2009, 12:05 PM
By the way, is there any chance that play was intentional? I honestly wasn't watching, and haven't asked anyone else, but in that situation I could see taking a safety being a viable option.

No, I don't think so. You really only take intentional safeties late in games with a big lead so you don't risk giving up a touchdown in that spot. Can't see him wanting to do that in the first half.

ToTheLeft
November 4th, 2009, 12:47 PM
No, I don't think so. You really only take intentional safeties late in games with a big lead so you don't risk giving up a touchdown in that spot. Can't see him wanting to do that in the first half.

I could see the reasoning being... They aren't scoring with normal field position, so let's not risk giving them momentum going into the half by dropping the snap/allowing a block and simply giving two points to get a clean kick off.

SuperJon
November 4th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I could see the reasoning being... They aren't scoring with normal field position, so let's not risk giving them momentum going into the half by dropping the snap/allowing a block and simply giving two points to get a clean kick off.

I thought about it but in terms of, "Hey, we haven't had to deal with this before in a game. Let's get it out there and practice it."

I still think it was unintentional though.

kirkblitz
November 4th, 2009, 01:32 PM
What the Heck, I'll start this threadlxrotatehx

Gardner Webb at Coastal Carolina; 12:30
Charleston Southern at Presbyterian; 1:30
VMI at Liberty; 7:00 (MASN-tv)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gard-Webb 23; CCU 17
CSU 31; Presby 25
Liberty 33; VMI 23

gw 31 ccu 14
csu 21 presby 7
lib 51 vmi 21

kirkblitz
November 4th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Bennett will be at Coastal next year even if they lose the rest of their games this year.

yep thats what a 10 year 2 million dollar buyout gets u, we cant afford to fire him till 2012. then we only have to pay like 1 million. He screwed us BIG time. He wont ever get a job after us but he sure as heck will be able to retire xrolleyesx

gobluehose1
November 4th, 2009, 03:04 PM
gw 31 ccu 14
csu 21 presby 7
lib 51 vmi 21

The only way we'll have a chance to win is if we score more than 21 since that is the maximun amount of points we have scored all year. I think CSU is 21 points better than our D, so I'm not optimistic. I'm a homer though, so I always think its possible....

Liberty by 20
GWU by 14
PC by 3!!!

iceman4221
November 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Coastal in an Upset Special over GW
Charleston Southern over Presbyterian
Liberty over VMI