PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Illinois Hosting 1st Round?

Panthers_Blue
November 3rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
I know with the chances of SIU winning this weekend and getting one of the top seeds, geographicaly EIU would play at SIU. But what if SIU drops to SDSU?

If EIU wins their last two games both at home against Tenn. Martin and Tenn. State, they will be the OVC AQ. They would only have only dropped two games and one of those is to Penn State.

What are the chances?xeyebrowx

Dane96
November 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
About the same chances I have of seeing Giselle naked in my bed...by herself.

UNH Fanboi
November 3rd, 2009, 12:23 PM
Depends on who they'd be matched against and how much they bid.

Killsback
November 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
If SIU does not get a seed it is all about the money....whoever bids the most gets the game.

mcveyrl
November 3rd, 2009, 12:29 PM

So you're saying there's a chance...

Panthers_Blue
I know they have hosted in previous years with very similar record.

Minus the bid, which I don't see being a problem.

89Hen
So you're saying there's a chance.

In all seriousness, if SIU does not get a seed, there's a good chance EIU could host a game.

mcveyrl
November 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
I know they have hosted in previous years with very similar record.

As the above indicates, record has nothing to do with it.

It's about two things:

1. $$$$$$$$$$$$

and

2. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mcveyrl
November 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM

In all seriousness, if SIU does not get a seed, there's a good chance EIU could host a game.

xeekxxeekx

89Hen
November 3rd, 2009, 12:32 PM
xeekxxeekx
xlolx I already have GannonFan to post the same thing... yet another brother of mine? xthumbsupx

Bam
November 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
I know with the chances of SIU winning this weekend and getting one of the top seeds, geographicaly EIU would play at SIU. But what if SIU drops to SDSU?

If EIU wins their last two games both at home against Tenn. Martin and Tenn. State, they will be the OVC AQ. They would only have only dropped two games and one of those is to Penn State.

Interesting scenario I say. Someone in the OVC needs to step up!

Buzzcut
November 3rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Would really like to see EIU win out and grab the AQ. But as far as getting to host a game, besides the bid, what about facilities? How do SIU's facilities compare to EIU's? I've seen EIU's facilities and they hold what, only 10,000 max? Is that taken into consideration?

Native
November 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
If SIU does not get a seed it is all about the money....whoever bids the most gets the game.

If SIU wins out they will get a seed.

siuham
November 3rd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Didn't EIU host SIU a few years back?

Yup, 2005. SIU beat EIU 21-6 in Charleston (2896 attendance). In 2006 ISU Red went to Charleston and beat EIU in the first round (4400 attendance). That year SIU got Tenn-Martin in Carbondale with 5694 in attendance. Thanksgiving games ROCK. 2007 EIU came to SIU to lose and there was 6124 there.

So there is precedent of EIU getting the home game, but I don't see it happening this year if SIU loses at SDSU.

EKUSteve
November 3rd, 2009, 04:14 PM
In 2006, UTM won the OVC, EIU was second. I believe SIU won the MVFC/Gateway and Ill St was second.

Ill St played at EIU
UTM played at SIU

Squealofthepig
November 3rd, 2009, 04:15 PM
Eastern holds 10k (and is averaging about 10k this season); SIU holds 17k or so, and is averaging 9,600 this season.

From http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/attendance/FCS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

UNH Fanboi
November 3rd, 2009, 04:19 PM
According to the FCS playoff sticky, the attendance at last year's first round SIU-UNH game in Carbondale was only 5,400.

Killsback
November 3rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
SIU played at EIU in 2005 I think and SIU outdrew the EIU fans almost 2 to 1.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
Like I thought.. all the mod's here have hidden agenda's and make up infractions against members whom they don't like. You're all a bunch of f u c king cowards. All you're doing is causing everyone to go over to CHAMPIONSHIPSUBDIVISION.COM and never come back to this pathetic site. It is truly amazing that so many immature cowards subjectively moderate this place without any accountability or repercussions for their actions. Go **** yourselves **** stains!!!

Dane96
November 3rd, 2009, 09:26 PM

xsmiley_wix Yes I am saying there is a chance-- I've ran into her in Beantown before...but couldnt speak.

I mean really, what's Tom got that I dont have...besides a mansion...a 8 figure salary...etc.

YEAH THERE'S CHANCE.xrulesx

Hoyadestroya85
November 3rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
I'll see that and Raise you a:
"I desperately want to make love with a school boy"

siuham
November 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
I believe the other question would be, if not SIU, who would EIU host? And if it weren't SIU, that'd mean SIU has a home game, so who would they get besides EIU?

Panthers_Blue
November 4th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I believe the other question would be, if not SIU, who would EIU host? And if it weren't SIU, that'd mean SIU has a home game, so who would they get besides EIU?

Very good question.........

With the upcoming playoff expansion, would it grant all AQ's to host 1st round games or will they still look for the money bid?

Bam
November 4th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Even with expansion, money will win out.

89Hen
November 4th, 2009, 08:54 AM
According to the FCS playoff sticky, the attendance at last year's first round SIU-UNH game in Carbondale was only 5,400.
SIU at EIU in 2005 was less than 3000. xsmhx

panther_kicker
November 5th, 2009, 02:31 PM
EIU hosted ISU while SIU hosted UTM becuase UTM's facilities were subpar for a playoff game and stated by the selection committee. Also money doesn't make a difference in the first round, for a majority of the time the AQ gets the home playoff game for the first round, money and tv market determine the rounds after that

nmatsen
November 5th, 2009, 02:43 PM

We will go to Charleston again. Our last trip was fun. I think there was only 100 points scored that day. What was that Quarterbacks game again? Heres a hint, he couldn't win a playoff game then either.:D

JMUNJ08
November 5th, 2009, 02:50 PM
EIU hosted ISU while SIU hosted UTM becuase UTM's facilities were subpar for a playoff game and stated by the selection committee. Also money doesn't make a difference in the first round, for a majority of the time the AQ gets the home playoff game for the first round, money and tv market determine the rounds after that

Disagree. #5 JMU @ #4 YSU in 06. JMU was the 5th ranked team (playoff eligible wise) in the country that would easily sell out if given a home game. Instead they went with geography and the ESPN 2 spot on Saturday night in the first round.

mcveyrl
November 5th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Disagree. #5 JMU @ #4 YSU in 06. JMU was the 5th ranked team (playoff eligible wise) in the country that would easily sell out if given a home game. Instead they went with geography and the ESPN 2 spot on Saturday night in the first round.

Nobody sells out the first round.

We drew just short of 13K for Wofford last year. But that's better than most so I think your point still stands.

EKUSteve
November 5th, 2009, 04:46 PM

I cannot agree with the AQ statement. EKU was the OVC AQ and has gone to Richmond the last two years, one of which Richmond was not the CAA AQ.

JMUNJ08
November 5th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Nobody sells out the first round.

We drew just short of 13K for Wofford last year. But that's better than most so I think your point still stands.

Yeah I went to YSU and they had about that too and their place holds 20K.