PDA

View Full Version : Real Early Question

URMite
November 2nd, 2009, 11:54 PM
What time is the selection show?

Just wondering because I think UR scheduled a home basketball game at 5pm on 11/22. xoopsx

MacThor
November 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM

Just wondering because I think UR scheduled a home basketball game at 5pm on 11/22. xoopsx

I don't think it's been announced yet, but it's usually around 6 on that Sunday.

No surprise with UR's scheduling, they had their home basketball game against Wake last year on the night of the National Championship.

EmeryZach
November 3rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
They can show it on the big screen at the game. Do you have a big screen at your arena?

ur2k
November 3rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
They can show it on the big screen at the game. Do you have a big screen at your arena?

No and we're not happy about it. We upgraded scoreboards about 3 years ago to technology that's about 10 years old.

But they did bring in screens after a bball game to watch the semi final vs. UNI.

Ivytalk
November 3rd, 2009, 11:06 AM

No problem, Mite! Do what all the "beautiful people" do and... leave the hoops game at halftime!xsmiley_wix

Skjellyfetti
November 3rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
No surprise with UR's scheduling, they had their home basketball game against Wake last year on the night of the National Championship.

Not entirely bad... the restaurant I was eating at that night featured Richmond football and Richmond basketball on it's tv's. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
November 3rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
I don't think it's been announced yet, but it's usually around 6 on that Sunday.

Where are you getting 6 p.m. from? It's typically during the day!

Pretty certain - and looking at releases from the last two years, can near guarantee it - that it has been at 2:30 p.m. CT.

ESPN does not have it listed, as it does VB and soccer. Going to assume it'll still hold down that 2:30 p.m. slot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4376693&type=story

MacThor
November 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
It was 7 PM Eastern last year.

SuperJon
November 3rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
It was 7 last year but like 2 or 3 the year before.

espete
November 15th, 2009, 06:41 PM

Sunday 11/22/2009 3:00 PM ET(approx.) ESPNEWS Live Division I Football Selection Announcement (16 teams)

Link (http://web1.ncaa.org/NCAATV/exec/query)

Keenan
November 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Sunday 11/22/2009 3:00 PM ET(approx.) ESPNEWS Live Division I Football Selection Announcement (16 teams)

Link (http://web1.ncaa.org/NCAATV/exec/query)

Thank you espete! I was looking for that earlier today.

paward
November 15th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Better than what time the selection, Will the AGS site go down this year? It will be good to be able to check online if you are not around a television.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 15th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Better than what time the selection, Will the AGS site go down this year? It will be good to be able to check online if you are not around a television.

If AGS goes down, I'm sure ChampionshipSubdivision.com will still be up and running with a thread about the committee's selection as soon as its made. xcoffeex