PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 10****

89Hen
November 2nd, 2009, 08:36 AM
I take it back. I didn't see SIU @ SDSU... so this is just a normal GOTW voting.

GoBlueHens83
November 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
Close Second:
SIU @ SDSU

WrenFGun
November 2nd, 2009, 08:56 AM
SDSU/SIU are going to the playoffs either way, but I think the winner will determine who is seeded. Richmond is likely getting a seed either way but a Nova win gives Nova or UNH a shot at a seed as well. I'll pick the CAA game because I'm a homer.

(To W&M fans, you'd have a shot at a seed as well but I don't think they'd pick you over 'Nova since 'Nova beat you..)

BlackNGold
November 2nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
other:

Elon vs WCU

xcoffeex Western by 50, No Contest

89Hen
November 2nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
other:

Elon vs WCU
xlolx xcoffeex

UNH Fanboi
November 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
SDSU/SIU are going to the playoffs either way, but I think the winner will determine who is seeded. Richmond is likely getting a seed either way but a Nova win gives Nova or UNH a shot at a seed as well. I'll pick the CAA game because I'm a homer.

(To W&M fans, you'd have a shot at a seed as well but I don't think they'd pick you over 'Nova since 'Nova beat you..)

I actually think UNH has a better shot at a seed if Nova loses.

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Lots of good games, but Spiders/Wildcats should be a clear winner of a game.

SIU/SDSU is a very, very close second - I almost want the Salukis to pull it off just so SDSU can catch Minnesota sleeping the following week (all of us should be Jackrabbit fans next weekend!) :)

DOME
November 2nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
UR v Nova and SIU @ SDS will be tough games with seed implications, but I think all four are playoff teams regardless.
But I went with the Panthers because they're playing for their season already AND everyone has to do the homer thing once in a while.

Grizzaholic
November 2nd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Isn't the choice obvious 89Hen? CAA deserves it each and every week.

ASUG8
November 2nd, 2009, 09:39 AM
other:

Elon vs WCU

Why? I question why ASU/Chatty even counts this week.

JMUNJ08
November 2nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
Why? I question why ASU/Chatty even counts this week.

Butler vs Dayton made it. Slow week since no 1 knew they play footballxlolx

Maine 4-4 @ JMU 3-5 Also shows that there are a few big games and then just a couple interesting ones

DX Man
November 2nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
Villanova at Richmond hands down. Man I hope I can see this game on TV or internet.

DX Man
November 2nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
jkhgliuglkjhg

Silenoz
November 2nd, 2009, 10:10 AM
VU-UR. Not sure who to root for cause I figure a Villanova win lets them leapfrog us :(

19Duke97
November 2nd, 2009, 10:13 AM
VU vs UR no contest...

DetroitFlyer
November 2nd, 2009, 10:22 AM
Butler at Dayton will be a great game. Last year, Dayton barely escaped Butler with a win. This year, Butler is one of those teams of destiny. They have not been winning big, but by golly they just keep on winning. Dayton is normally in contention for the PFL crown every year, Butler not so much.... Here to to hoping that my Flyers can derail the Butler team of destiny express and set up another game of the week with Drake the following Saturday. Exciting finish to the PFL this year.

UNHFootballAlum
November 2nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
UR v. VU is my choice, but the SIU v. SDSU is right there as well

SumItUp
November 2nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
There is a much improved slate of games this week over last week. For me it was a toss-up between the Villanova/Richmond and Southern Illinois/South Dakota State games. I selected the Villanova/Richmond game.

Southern Illinois / South Dakota State - winner will take the MVFC and should get a seed.

Villanova / Richmond - Can Richmond remain #1 from the first week through the end of the season?

Chattanooga / Appalachian State - Will App St. go to Elon undefeated in the Southern Conference?

Cal Poly / UC Davis - A week ago, this appeared to be a significant matchup for both teams. Now they are playing for pride.

Youngstown State / Northern Iowa - Can Northern Iowa avoid being tripped up by the Penguins? If not, their playoff chances are shaky.

Texas State / Central Arkansas - If Texas State runs the table against Central Arkansas, McNeese State & Sam Houston State, they will be in the playoff discussion.

Sam Houston State / McNeese State - McNeese is in the playoffs if they win their last three and likely by winning two of three. They won't stumble in this game.

Maine / JMU - Maine needs this win to stay alive. It may not matter. JMU defense was strong against Delaware and they should win at home.

Colgate / Lafayette - Who will win the Patriot League? Colgate, Lafayette or Holy Cross?

Butler / Dayton - Butler travels to Dayton in an attempt to pick up their 9th insignificant win.

Big Al
November 2nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Youngstown State / Northern Iowa - Can Northern Iowa avoid being tripped up by the Penguins? If not, their playoff chances are shaky.

No, not shaky. Gone. UNI must win out to get in the playoffs.

ToTheLeft
November 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah, UNI/'Guins is my pick. Very critical for playoff implications.

BlueGoldAg
November 2nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
The Southern Illinois @ SDSU and the Villanova @ Richmond match-ups are the obvious choices. I voted for the Cal Poly @ UC Davis game for 2 reasons: First, (full disclosure) I'm a devoted Aggies fan so I'm biased towards the Aggies, and secondly, because both teams are coming off disappointing loses so they'll both be hungry and, for the first time in several years, it looks like these two teams are evenly matched.

This game has become an intense, but respectable, contest between the two teams, and game will be a spirited, hard-hitting affair with a lot of pride at stake. It has all the ingredients for a great afternoon of FCS football.

tribe_pride
November 2nd, 2009, 12:04 PM

Not saying this is going to happen but if W&M wins this week (Towson - we better win) and then home versus UNH and at Richmond, we better be getting a seed. That will give us wins at UVA, at Richmond, UNH, Delaware, CCSU and JMU (not sure if the last 3 are considered decent or not but threw them in anyways) and only a loss to a top 5 or 10 Villanova at Villanova. 4 other teams will not have a better resume than that.

But first gotta win the games. Let's go Tribe, beat Towson.

appmaj
November 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM
Easiest choice this season

soccerguy315
November 2nd, 2009, 12:30 PM

still a lot up in the air with the seeds in the CAA...
If Richmond loses only to Villanova, they should still get a seed. If they lose to Nova and W&M, they will not get a seed.

If Nova beats Richmond and runs the table, they will have a seed. No seed if they lose to Richmond.

If W&M runs the table (UNH, @UR) they will get a seed. A loss and they do not get a seed.

UNH will need to run the table to have a chance at a seed. I don't know if a win against W&M would put them into the top 4. If Richmond loses to Nova and wins the other 2, and Nova runs the table, those will be 2 seeds from the CAA, and UNH will be left out [of the seeds] at 10-1, IMO. I don't think UNH controls its own destiny regarding a seed.

Of course there is tons of football left... Elon/App could have seed implications, though they are both sitting behind some other teams now. And Southern Illinois / South Dakota St. is interesting... a win for Southern Illinois (and no other loses) should lock up a seed, but if South Dakota St wins, they could both be out of a seed.

Montana looks set for a seed.

soccerguy315
November 2nd, 2009, 12:32 PM
err... and on topic, game of the week is definitely Nova @Richmond

Southern Illinois / South Dakota St is also big, for the reasons in my above post.

ur2k
November 2nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Butler at Dayton will be a great game. Last year, Dayton barely escaped Butler with a win. This year, Butler is one of those teams of destiny. They have not been winning big, but by golly they just keep on winning. Dayton is normally in contention for the PFL crown every year, Butler not so much.... Here to to hoping that my Flyers can derail the Butler team of destiny express and set up another game of the week with Drake the following Saturday. Exciting finish to the PFL this year.

We found the one vote for Butler v Dayton xconfusedx

RowdyRabbit
November 2nd, 2009, 01:00 PM
I went homer (heart) and picked SIU at SDSU. My head tells me it's probably Richmond at Villanova, but if UNI wins out and SDSU loses to SIU and Minnesota and wins vs WIU, both schools finish 8-3. I'm nervous that if SIU gets the autobid, an 8-3 UNI will beat out an 8-3 SDSU with the selection committee. I get nervous like that.

Only way to keep that from happening is beat SIU this week.

seattlespider
November 2nd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Not saying this is going to happen but if W&M wins this week (Towson - we better win) and then home versus UNH and at Richmond, we better be getting a seed. That will give us wins at UVA, at Richmond, UNH, Delaware, CCSU and JMU (not sure if the last 3 are considered decent or not but threw them in anyways) and only a loss to a top 5 or 10 Villanova at Villanova. 4 other teams will not have a better resume than that.

But first gotta win the games. Let's go Tribe, beat Towson.

No question IMO that W&M gets a seed if they win out. You've got a tough road to walk to make that happen.

Saluki_man
November 2nd, 2009, 03:31 PM
I chose the SIU/SDSU game because it decides the AQ for the MVFC. Both only have 1 conference game left after this and if they end up tied, the tiebreaker goes to the winner of this game.

Nova/Richmond is an extremely close second GOTW.

SumItUp
November 2nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
.......but if UNI wins out and SDSU loses to SIU and Minnesota and wins vs WIU, both schools finish 8-3. I'm nervous that if SIU gets the autobid, an 8-3 UNI will beat out an 8-3 SDSU with the selection committee. I get nervous like that.

The SDSU win over UNI in head to head competition should favor by the selection committee. I think both teams make the playoffs as at-large selections if they are 8-3.

Ivytalk
November 2nd, 2009, 05:08 PM
Da Spidahs infest the Cats! Arachnophobia!:D

MSUBear42
November 2nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
East coast is overrated :)

SIU V SDSU

techstate
November 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
GOLDEN HORSESHOE!!!

SpidersSportsEditor
November 2nd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Richmond v. Villanova is probably the regular season game of the year in the FCS, so I don't know how it can't be the game of the week. The two best teams in the best conference, one with a 17 game win streak on the line. Whoever wins should be No. 1 next week IMO and should certainly lock up a seed in the playoffs.

Hoyadestroya85
November 2nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
VU-UR. Not sure who to root for cause I figure a Villanova win lets them leapfrog us :(

And so they should.. an 8-1 CAA team with 1-A win and no Sub d-1 games should be rewarded.

McNeese75
November 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Isn't the choice obvious 89Hen? CAA deserves it each and every week.

xlolx And those of us in the south and west don't want to hear a bunch of whining when the loser gets bounced out of the top 25 :D

SpeedkingATL
November 2nd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Love this time of year when teams are fighting for playoff bids and consideration.

Richmond vs Nova is huge this week.xbowx

fltheadgriz
November 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Will this game be shown on any of the ESPNs?

Green and Yellow
November 2nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
East coast is overrated :)

SIU V SDSU

Agreed. Plus two playoff teams will be showcased and the winner will win the MVFC and likely get a seed as well. xthumbsupx