PDA

View Full Version : TRICK OR TREAT! Texas State beats #10 SFA 28-7

MaximumBobcat
October 31st, 2009, 04:46 PM
If I'm not mistaken, SFA has the #1 offense in the nation.

Only 7 points put up on the board against the Bobcats!

This definitely puts a kink in the SLC standings.

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

T-Dog
October 31st, 2009, 05:06 PM
#2 actually. App is #1.

But still, that's very impressive. Some people were thinking SFA could get a seed.

Things just got very interesting in the Southland.

BEAR
October 31st, 2009, 05:08 PM
Team SLC Overall
McNeese State
3-1 6-2
Stephen F. Austin
3-1 6-2
Southeastern Louisiana
3-1 5-3
Texas State
3-1 5-3
Central Arkansas
2-2 5-3
Sam Houston State
1-2 3-4
Northwestern State
0-3 0-7
Nicholls 0-4 1-7

Talk about a log jam!

Prominentwon
October 31st, 2009, 05:08 PM

Plus, Central Arkansas went down to Southeastern today. The Southland took a turn towards haywire today.

MaximumBobcat
October 31st, 2009, 05:11 PM
#2 actually. App is #1.

But still, that's very impressive. Some people were thinking SFA could get a seed.

Sorry I meant #1 in SCORING offense in the nation. SFA averages 44.43 pts/g.

Prominentwon
October 31st, 2009, 05:14 PM
Maximum, where do you get that sig sign at? I assume it's something you type up and the picture is loaded on a webpage? Link?

WestCoastAggie
October 31st, 2009, 05:15 PM
The Southland will mess around and only get one team in. And with UD losing, the door has opened for the Great West & Big South (if Cal Poly & Liberty can keep winning) & or the MEAC & PL.

MaximumBobcat
October 31st, 2009, 05:20 PM
Maximum, where do you get that sig sign at? I assume it's something you type up and the picture is loaded on a webpage? Link?

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/imagegenerator.php

real easy to type in a phrase and then copy and paste to your sig. xthumbsupx

BEAR
October 31st, 2009, 05:37 PM
The Southland will mess around and only get one team in. And with UD losing, the door has opened for the Great West & Big South (if Cal Poly & Liberty can keep winning) & or the MEAC & PL.

After this mess of a weekend, I can't imagine any team deserves to get in the playoffs.

McNeese
SFA maybe

Geez...figure this puzzle out! xlolx

T-Dog
October 31st, 2009, 05:40 PM

If McNeese and SFA win out, I think both of them get in (SFA the autobid and McNeese as an at-large). With all the carnage in the CAA today, Weber and Furman both going down hard and such, it's very possible. Especially if App sneaks in and gets a seed, it helps out McNeese huge.

McNeese72
October 31st, 2009, 05:48 PM
I told you guys from our games, I was more impressed with SLU than SFA. I wouldn't surprised if SFA loses to SLU.

Doc

bobcathusband
October 31st, 2009, 06:50 PM
Whatever teams end can up 6-1 in the SLC will end up going to the playoffs. McNeese, SFA, SLU, Tx St. Pick a pair.

R.A.
October 31st, 2009, 10:37 PM

And Cal Poly goes down...

lionsrking2
October 31st, 2009, 10:56 PM
If McNeese and SFA win out, I think both of them get in (SFA the autobid and McNeese as an at-large). With all the carnage in the CAA today, Weber and Furman both going down hard and such, it's very possible. Especially if App sneaks in and gets a seed, it helps out McNeese huge.

Had SFA won today, there would have been a chance to get three in from the SLC...it would have taken us, McNeese and SFA to all three finish 6-1...we would get the autobid in that scenario, with McNeese and SFA possibly getting at-large berths with 9-2 records...that's out the window now.

GeauxLions94
October 31st, 2009, 11:01 PM
Plus, Central Arkansas went down to Southeastern today. The Southland took a turn towards haywire today.

When hasn't been haywire xrotatehx Top to bottom, there's not an easy game in the league.

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2009, 07:26 AM
When hasn't been haywire xrotatehx Top to bottom, there's not an easy game in the league.

No questions there.

NWST has played TXST and SHSU tough the last two weeks. Nicholls may be somewhat of a cakewalk, but not by much!

Poker Alan
November 1st, 2009, 07:38 AM
See your first or second place team @ Wash. Griz round 1.

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2009, 07:46 AM

No question there.

Will be nice when the bracket expands and the SLC can possibly avoid such games!

Poker Alan
November 1st, 2009, 07:54 AM
No question there.

Will be nice when the bracket expands and the SLC can possibly avoid such games!

I agree... its a bummer that the playoffs don't operate as true seeded matchups, irregardless of travel considerations.

JohnStOnge
November 1st, 2009, 09:48 AM
I agree... its a bummer that the playoffs don't operate as true seeded matchups, irregardless of travel considerations.

I must admit that I don't like the way the committee usually matches the Big Sky with the Southland because, frankly, the Southland has had more difficulty with the Big Sky than it's had with other leagues. I'll have to update my database but through 2003 the Southland was 6-5 against the Yankee/A-10, 6-4 against the Southern, and 5-4 against the Gateway in playoff games; but a disasterours 8-18 against the Big Sky. And it'll get nothing but worse when I update my database because since 2003 the Southland is, if I'm thinking right, 0-5 against that league in the playoffs. I'm not saying the Big Sky is the toughest league but for some reason the Southland just doesn't match up well against it at playoff time.

Like in 2003 I would love to have seen McNeese play FAU and Colgate in the second and third rounds but they never got past the first because they got splattered by Northern Arizona. And in 2007 I'd have loved to have seen McNeese get a shot at App State because I think the Cowboys match up well with the Mountaineers' style and had the team speed to match up pretty well with them but they got slaughtered by Eastern Washington in the first round.

I'm really ready to see more games against teams from other leagues; at least in the first round.

McNeese75
November 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM

If McNeese:

Does not get the AG.
Does get an at large spot.
has to travel the first round.

I hope we do come back to Wash-Griz. Our four year starting QB was a RS Freshman in 2006 when we were there last and will not be intimidated by the game atmosphere. This team has already been to Kidd Brewer this year and had some success against a more prolific team.

Be careful what you ask for xsmiley_wix

crossfire07
November 1st, 2009, 02:55 PM
"frankly, the Southland has had more difficulty with the Big Sky than it's had with other leagues."

we only have problems when we have to play up there. remember that we had both Montana teams at home in back to back weeks and beat them both.the EW game was a defensive coaching joke. I don't even want to get into that one.