PDA

View Full Version : McNeese St. @ Nicholls St. Update

Prominentwon
October 31st, 2009, 02:20 PM
McNeese St - 24
Nicholls St. - 7

...at the half.

Running game needs pick it up a little. Sounds to me McNeese is playing a bit stagnant. Todd Pendland is just 10 carries for 24 yards.

Prominentwon
October 31st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Heading into the 4th

McNeese 31
Nicholls 10

Pendland reinjures himself again. He needs to be healthy if we make the playoffs.

Prominentwon
October 31st, 2009, 03:17 PM
TD Cowboys - Corday Clark

McNeese St. - 38
Nicholls St. - 10

We're watching you Texas St. Pull one out.

JohnStOnge
October 31st, 2009, 07:22 PM
That could've been a very scary game if Nicholls State could hang onto the football and not put it on the ground. They only lost two of their five fumbles but they put themselves in bad down/distance situations by fumbling it in the backfield or near the line of scrimmage a few times. Like when they got down inside the 10 once and fumbled it twice on two consecutive plays. Best game any defense has played against the McNeese offense this season and McNeese's defensive front did not match up well with Nicholls' State's offensive line and fullback when the Colonels went right at them. Glad that one's over.

crossfire07
October 31st, 2009, 09:15 PM
McNeese was only playing 3 down lineman. Nicholl's was able to make some good plays on both sides of the ball but offensively they couldn't keep it going steady to get a whole lot of long drives. they made some very nice runs throughout the game.

JohnStOnge
November 1st, 2009, 06:24 AM
McNeese was only playing 3 down lineman. Nicholl's was able to make some good plays on both sides of the ball but offensively they couldn't keep it going steady to get a whole lot of long drives. they made some very nice runs throughout the game.

To me Nicholls State had some problems on offense early on but in the second half they stopped themselves. Like on one drive they were gashing the Cowboys and called called for a chop block and killed their drive. Then another time they were down around the five with first and goal under circumstances where it was clear that McNeese couldn't stop them from running right at them and had an unforced fumble on a pitch to lose yardage back to about the nine then fumbled it again to waste another play so they had to settle for a field goal.

I think McNeese would've won anyway because they'd gotten off to a nice lead before Nicholls State's offense started clicking and it seemed like they could keep scoring to stay ahead. But watching the way Nicholls State's offense was physically punishing McNeese's defense after it DID start clicking was kind of disturbing to watch.

crossfire07
November 1st, 2009, 02:59 PM
Nicholls will win a Southland game before it is over. I don't think McNeese played to their potential yesterday. they got into that playing down to the oppents level instead of being themselves.

McNeese72
November 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
Nicholls will win a Southland game before it is over. I don't think McNeese played to their potential yesterday. they got into that playing down to the oppents level instead of being themselves.

I think Cbuck described the game right. We were talking about the game on the way home. I told him we won pretty easily but I didn't feel like that we played our best and weren't hitting on all cylinders. He described the win in one word. "Workmanlike" win.

Doc

crossfire07
November 1st, 2009, 03:31 PM
I guess that pretty well describes it. they did what they had to do to win.