PDA

View Full Version : Armanti Edwards, Thank you!

GaSouthern
October 30th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Armanti Edwards has eclipsed Adrian Peterson's 111 Career touchdowns and might have surpassed his 9000+ yards of offense. (not sure about the second one)

I have felt over the last three seasons that he has always really struggled in App's game against GSU and blamed him for keeping it close (but he still won 3 out of 4) something that I doubt another QB has ever done in this series. xbawlingx

Armanti was a huge part of the upset win over Michigan that brought much attention to the SoCon and FCS and for that I am greatful.

Armanti Edwards is not only in the class with Louis Ivory, Richie Williams, Adrian Peterson, Tracy Ham, and Jayson Foster... he also leads in many of the stats.

It has been my pleasure (when he is not playing GSU) to watch him over the last four seasons and now that we will not play him again I can finally admit that. It took GSU to have their own Walter Payton award winner to beat Armanti and his team and the SoCon is blessed to have had so many once in a lifetime players in such a short span.

While I may have flown a briggs and stratton (sp?) flag earlier in the season, now I can admit just how impressive he is. Here is good luck for the remainder of his senior season and here is to hopes that the next Armanti this conference gets signs on with GSU. xsmiley_wix

ASUG8
October 30th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Classy post - we've enjoyed him too, and hope that he's far from finished here xthumbsupx I look forward to following him in the NFL. You had quite the catch on your hands with Jayson Foster as well - too bad the coaches only unleashed him for a couple of years because he was phenomenal to watch. He blistered us in Boone xbawlingx

Eaglesrus
October 30th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Well said. I remarked to several friends that the only good thing about Saturday's game is that it's the last time we have to play against him (assuming we don't make the playoffs....xlolx).

From what I've read AE is in real good shape academically, so I'm sure he has a bright future ahead of him and I wish him all the best.

OL FU
October 30th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I hope you will forgive me if I with hold my gushing praise until after this weekend. xnodx

ASUG8
October 30th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I hope you will forgive me if I with hold my gushing praise until after this weekend. xnodx

Come over to the dark side where we'll be sitting OL FU and we'll cheer him together. I'll smuggle a box of wine into the game for you xlolx

OL FU
October 30th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Come over to the dark side where we'll be sitting OL FU and we'll cheer him together. I'll smuggle a box of wine into the game for you xlolx

Make sure you buy the wine a ponchoxnodx

biggie
October 30th, 2009, 08:15 AM
might have surpassed his 9000+ yards of offense. (not sure about the second one)

For info AE should pass 9k passing this weekend and is over 4k rushing.

Has been great to watch him in every game possible, just hated that I wasn't there in person for the Michigan game.

AppStsGr8
October 30th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Classy post. Thanks.

mrklean
October 30th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Thank you Sam Baker for running this GREAT Player off......That is ALL!

KiddBrewer
October 30th, 2009, 08:35 AM
nice post!

for what its worth....i felt the exact same way about jayson foster!

jus10asu
October 30th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Don't start jumping for joy yet...Have you seen a guy named Cadet...that kid is gonna be nasty as well. Thanks for the post though...I always hated watching Foster spin and juke his way through our D. Armanti is a special guy ...hopefully he'll go pro...hopefully the NFL teams will see what kind of a weapon he can be.

BarefootApp
October 30th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Finally, a GSU fan I can like! jk. AE and JF are a pleasure and we are lucky to have had them here in the SOCON. Thanks for the nice post.

proasu89
October 30th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Thank you Sam Baker for running this GREAT Player off......That is ALL!

Didn't AE only cancel a visit or did I miss where he had committed to GSU?

biggie
October 30th, 2009, 10:02 AM
For an example, AppFan.com just posted their "numbers" for the week, one part:

1 – Statistical SoCon rank of Armanti Edwards in total offensive yards per game, 345.3
5 – Number of SoCon teams averaging fewer yards per game
67 – Number of FCS teams averaging fewer yards per game (AE alone ranks 51st in total offense among FCS teams)

Appinator
October 30th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Don't start jumping for joy yet...Have you seen a guy named Cadet...that kid is gonna be nasty as well. Thanks for the post though...I always hated watching Foster spin and juke his way through our D. Armanti is a special guy ...hopefully he'll go pro...hopefully the NFL teams will see what kind of a weapon he can be.

Armanti Edwards > Jake Delhomme

Needs to happen

ASUG8
October 30th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Armanti Edwards > Jake Delhomme

Needs to happen

Even Armanti needs an offensive line - they'd break him in half as it stands now, but I' like where your head's at xthumbsupx

grizband
October 30th, 2009, 10:39 AM
You know what I hate about Armanti Edwards...he just seems like a really nice guy. As if being one of the best to play at our level wasn't enough, he has to be a quality human being as well. Until the lawn mower incident this year, Edwards never did anything to put his name in the news, outside of football.

Congratulations on a great career!

PhoenixPhan06
October 30th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Armanti Edwards has eclipsed Adrian Peterson's 111 Career touchdowns and might have surpassed his 9000+ yards of offense. (not sure about the second one)

I have felt over the last three seasons that he has always really struggled in App's game against GSU and blamed him for keeping it close (but he still won 3 out of 4) something that I doubt another QB has ever done in this series. xbawlingx

Armanti was a huge part of the upset win over Michigan that brought much attention to the SoCon and FCS and for that I am greatful.

Armanti Edwards is not only in the class with Louis Ivory, Richie Williams, Adrian Peterson, Tracy Ham, and Jayson Foster... he also leads in many of the stats.

It has been my pleasure (when he is not playing GSU) to watch him over the last four seasons and now that we will not play him again I can finally admit that. It took GSU to have their own Walter Payton award winner to beat Armanti and his team and the SoCon is blessed to have had so many once in a lifetime players in such a short span.

While I may have flown a briggs and stratton (sp?) flag earlier in the season, now I can admit just how impressive he is. Here is good luck for the remainder of his senior season and here is to hopes that the next Armanti this conference gets signs on with GSU. xsmiley_wix

Scott Riddle has won 3 of 3 so far with a chance to make it 4 for 4 in 2010

soweagle
October 30th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Pay attention Phoenixphan, he said series. As in series between ASU and GSU. It doesn;t always have to be about elon.

jonmac
October 30th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Pay attention Phoenixphan, he said series. As in series between ASU and GSU. It doesn;t always have to be about elon.

Awww, who cares about reading comprehension anyway. xbowxxbowxxbowx

PhoenixSupreme
October 30th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I'll give AE his praise. He definitely is the class of the SoCon and the face of the FCS. I'll probably be cursing him the week of and the week after Elon plays App though...

Seriously, I hope he does get a shot in the NFL and turns in a good career, whether if it's at QB or WR or some other position.

AshevilleApp
October 30th, 2009, 11:48 AM
It is a bit interesting that Armanti is passing more this year. I'm not sure if its his foot or that we just have more weapons on the receiving end of the ball.

Here are his ranks currently in FCS
Passer Rating: 2nd - 167.4 (Behind Perilloux of Jacksonville State)
Completion Percentage - 1st - 72.6%
Passing Yardage - 15th - 1728 yds
Interception % - 1st - 0.56% (1 in 179)

CamelCityAppFan
October 30th, 2009, 11:59 AM
It is a bit interesting that Armanti is passing more this year. I'm not sure if its his foot or that we just have more weapons on the receiving end of the ball.

I wonder if it is some of both-- best total receiving crew App has had in quite some time.

But I also wonder if he's passing more (and running less) as part of a plan to keep him healthy late into the season and into the playoffs.

biggie
October 30th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I wonder if it is some of both-- best total receiving crew App has had in quite some time.

But I also wonder if he's passing more (and running less) as part of a plan to keep him healthy late into the season and into the playoffs.

Possible that the defenses have concentrated on him running so the passing option is there more.

Also with Moore back this year, he can handle most of the running duties and AE doesn't have to. If we see a D that only has 6 or so in the box you can beat AE will be running when needed. He still picks his spots for those long running plays during the game, just not as many designed runs. Basically he's dropping back to pass for every passing play and has had openings so hasn't needed to run... yet.

ASUG8
October 30th, 2009, 12:11 PM
He started passing a lot more last season vs. his sophomore season. And usually if it's an incompletion it's the receiver's fault. He's that accurate.

Woof
October 30th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Yep. He is top notch for sure. As a Wofford fan, I'm glad his decade of eligibility in the SoCon is over (ok, maybe it wasn't quite that long, but it sure seems like it). However, as a football fan, I can say he will be missed.

I still cannot get over the fact that we let him get recruited out of South Carolina. I can only imagine him wearing the real Gold and Black (:p) and running the vaunted Triple Option ...scaryxeekx

Best of luck to him.xthumbsupx

biggie
October 30th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Yep. He is top notch for sure. As a Wofford fan, I'm glad his decade of eligibility in the SoCon is over (ok, maybe it wasn't quite that long, but it sure seems like it). However, as a football fan, I can say he will be missed.

I still cannot get over the fact that we let him get recruited out of South Carolina. I can only imagine him wearing the real Gold and Black (:p) and running the vaunted Triple Option ...scaryxeekx

Best of luck to him.xthumbsupx
Woff's TO with a good passer/good WRs combo would be scary. Still say the lack of passing is what helps opponents win, especially if an early lead is had.

Hope yall play great tomorrow though. :)

blueballs
October 30th, 2009, 01:53 PM
The reason AE is throwing more the last coupe of years is that a) App lost some real good run blocking o-linemen from their first couple of title teams (Kerry Brown comes to mind immediately), b) the receiving corp is better from top to bottom, c) AE has developed as a dual threat QB.

As for Cadet vs. AE, Cadet may turn into a real good player but he isn't and will never be AE. AE is one of those once in a generation players a program gets that is a championship player and a HOF player. GSU has had two, Ham and Peterson, so I think the comparison is fitting.

Just as Jermaine Austin was a GREAT back (over 5k career rushing yards) he wasn't Adrian Peterson (nobody else is either), just like Raymond Gross was a GREAT QB (led GSU to two titles) but he wasn't Tracy Ham (AE is the closest thing I've seen); the same dynamic will hold true with Cadet vs. AE- though it remains to be seen how good Cadet will be.

biggie
October 30th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Cadet could possibly develop, not sure if we've seen enough of his passing game to give judgement. Right now it AE's decisions and throwing on the run that are amazing. Cadet could already be just as good as a running QB, its just the question of his decisions on when to run and he has to learn to protect the ball better (ala AE Fresh/Soph years).

Cadet will only have 2 full years to develop as a starter, compared to AE's 4 yrs. Hopefully he is watching, listening, and learning from AE and Richie Williams as much as possible now.

elonfan06
October 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I will reserve comments until after Nov. 14.

BarefootApp
October 30th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Too bad. Nov 14 is a big game, but AE's accomplishments are set and deserves due respect.

AppStateold299
October 30th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I have to say I am taken back that a GSU fan started this post. Thank you for recognizing what a great player Armanti is to not only our program, but the FCS as well. He is a truly remarkable player that is very rare. I wish him all the best after the season, but we still have business to attend to this season. If our d can finally bring some stops we may have another chance at a title. I would love to send such a great athlete out a winner. I know only ASU fans want that to happen, but he is one athlete that could make it happen.

UNHFan
October 30th, 2009, 07:03 PM

Yes.. he is amazing!! Lets not forget Ricky Santos... 13,124 Yards 123 TD's and yes he ran for another 31 total is 154 TD's

Now please laugh and lets all be friends!!! Armanti is hands down going to start in the CFL... Idiots in the NFL wont get it until he proves himself. But you App Fans need to know so many UNH Fans are pulling for him!! His Size I think is going to kill him for the NFL. Maybe I a wrong just dont yell!! lol To me his Size means nothing... I have watched over and over again this man in the pocket and I ask "How the hell does he see these receivers" Just my view. He is amazing!! Rooting all the way!!

UNHFan
October 30th, 2009, 07:07 PM
And 1636 Attempts with 1122 Comp's That is insane!!!

biggie
October 30th, 2009, 07:17 PM
AE will be in the NFL, will be drafted, I'm even guessing late 2nd or early 3rd round. We'll see.

UNHFan
October 30th, 2009, 07:37 PM
AE will be in the NFL, will be drafted, I'm even guessing late 2nd or early 3rd round. We'll see.

I am with you!!! Ill be watching!! Other then Sicko your man is who i am going to be watching... I wish him and all you guys the best! he is amazing!! And I get it... Did you have any points on what I said? Am I far off on my pocket opinion?

Please feel free...

I always say your team earned that Mich win.... They started that game like they deserved to be there and finished it like they deserved to win.

apaladin
October 30th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I think AE has had a pretty good career. I think Jayson Foster had a pretty good career also.xnodxxbowx:Dxthumbsupxxpeacex

KiddBrewer
October 30th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I am with you!!! Ill be watching!! Other then Sicko your man is who i am going to be watching... I wish him and all you guys the best! he is amazing!! And I get it... Did you have any points on what I said? Am I far off on my pocket opinion?

Please feel free...

I always say your team earned that Mich win.... They started that game like they deserved to be there and finished it like they deserved to win.

thanks.

i think he may be picked up a lot earlier than some believe too, once they see him at the "pro days"

CrackerRiley
October 30th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Yes.. he is amazing!! Lets not forget Ricky Santos... 13,124 Yards 123 TD's and yes he ran for another 31 total is 154 TD's

Now please laugh and lets all be friends!!! Armanti is hands down going to start in the CFL... Idiots in the NFL wont get it until he proves himself. But you App Fans need to know so many UNH Fans are pulling for him!! His Size I think is going to kill him for the NFL. Maybe I a wrong just dont yell!! lol To me his Size means nothing... I have watched over and over again this man in the pocket and I ask "How the hell does he see these receivers" Just my view. He is amazing!! Rooting all the way!!

To me, his size is everything. He isn't going to be considered by most scouts just because of his size. I think, he has NFL speed but he would be broken in half by NFL linemen....

seantaylor
October 30th, 2009, 09:38 PM
AP's TD's from playoffs don't count. Armanti doesn't have a shot at catching AP in rushing yards or rushing TD's.

UNHFan
October 30th, 2009, 09:41 PM
thanks.

i think he may be picked up a lot earlier than some believe too, once they see him at the "pro days"

Well I am rooting for him... I am of the age that was clearly a fan of USA Hockey in 1980 (I am 46) And I will tell you in my heart the App State Game to me!! Was greater! Why? like I said earlier. I had the pleasure in New Hampshire to be able to watch this game from Beginning to end like I did Lake placid! And you guys truly played a complete game and deserved to win! No luck!! If anyone had luck of blown coverage it was Mich...It took so many thing for Mich to even get back into that game! So.... Bravo... and again I cant wait to see where he ends up! And I dont mean it in anyway disrespectful if he starts CFL from the start. So be it... I am rooting for him all the way to the NFL!!! Of course I am Bias and would like nothing more then him throwing to David Ball!! (Laughing)

CrackerRiley
October 30th, 2009, 09:44 PM
AP's TD's from playoffs don't count. Armanti doesn't have a shot at catching AP in rushing yards or rushing TD's.

yeah you're right... let's diminish someones stats as much as we can and forget that one player was a running back while the other is a quarterback. xpeacex

KiddBrewer
October 30th, 2009, 10:39 PM

how many passing yards/td's did AP have?xcoffeex

KiddBrewer
October 30th, 2009, 10:43 PM
To me, his size is everything. He isn't going to be considered by most scouts just because of his size. I think, he has NFL speed but he would be broken in half by NFL linemen....

i think they think that. i also think they have probably never seen some of the licks he has laid on opposing playersxtwocentsx

AppAlum96
October 31st, 2009, 02:33 PM
I'm watching the ASU vs. Michigan game right now that I dvr'd on ESPN classic today. :)

I hate that I haven't been able to see him play in person. :(

ASUG8
October 31st, 2009, 03:06 PM
I'm watching the ASU vs. Michigan game right now that I dvr'd on ESPN classic today. :)

I hate that I haven't been able to see him play in person. :(
It was very nice today, in spite of the yellow jerseys. He's a human highlight film.

HighRyder08
October 31st, 2009, 04:21 PM
how many rushing td's does ae have? i just saw tebow pass walker's record for the sec with 50 and was curious to see ae's total. anyone know??

AshevilleApp
October 31st, 2009, 07:03 PM
With 4 rushing TDs today Armanti now has 12 on the season and a career total of 58!

Adrian Peterson (Ga Southern) has the FCS record (and the Division 1 record) with 84 rushing TDs

Matt Cannon (Southern Utah) has the FCS record for rushing TDs by a QB with 64. Armanti only needs 6 more to break that record

BULLDOG8180
October 31st, 2009, 07:50 PM
I am one of the few people if not the only person on this board that was able to follow "Money"s career in high school. I saw everygame he played his junior and senior year in high school. When he started the 3rd or 4th game his freshman year, I told all the App. State posters that before he was through at App. State they would forget who Richie Williams was, and Trey Elder would not get back in the line up. Man, did ya'll get all over my case!

I have seen all of AE's games that were televised, except a few when I was visiting my daughter at Clemson, or attending a game of my beloved Bulldogs. I have seen him singlehandedly dominate my Dogs twice in Charleston and once in Boone.

Armanti is a very special player, as someone said, once in a generation. I salute Armanti, he should become the first two-time Payton winner when this year is complete. I remember Tracy Hamm, he was the best option QB ever in 1-AA or FCS. Armanti is simply the best.

When Higgins went to The Citadel, he wanted to sign one QB, he wanted Armanti. The Citadel was the only other school to recruit Money as a QB. I would have liked to have seen Armanti and Roberts play together for 4 years.

Armanti Edwards I salute you, and I hope you win another NC!

B&G
October 31st, 2009, 08:15 PM
I am one of the few people if not the only person on this board that was able to follow "Money"s career in high school. I saw everygame he played his junior and senior year in high school. When he started the 3rd or 4th game his freshman year, I told all the App. State posters that before he was through at App. State they would forget who Richie Williams was, and Trey Elder would not get back in the line up. Man, did ya'll get all over my case!

I have seen all of AE's games that were televised, except a few when I was visiting my daughter at Clemson, or attending a game of my beloved Bulldogs. I have seen him singlehandedly dominate my Dogs twice in Charleston and once in Boone.

Armanti is a very special player, as someone said, once in a generation. I salute Armanti, he should become the first two-time Payton winner when this year is complete. I remember Tracy Hamm, he was the best option QB ever in 1-AA or FCS. Armanti is simply the best.

When Higgins went to The Citadel, he wanted to sign one QB, he wanted Armanti. The Citadel was the only other school to recruit Money as a QB. I would have liked to have seen Armanti and Roberts play together for 4 years.

Haha, yes you certainly called it. I remember thinking you were Armanti's cousin or something. Glad you were right! xbowx

grizband
October 31st, 2009, 08:30 PM
how many passing yards/td's did AP have?xcoffeex
BTW... I will take Dave Dickenson's playoff TDs against anyone, all day everyday.

not smack, just a huge advocate of adding historical playoff stats into the mix!!!

parr90
October 31st, 2009, 08:30 PM
how many rushing td's does ae have? i just saw tebow pass walker's record for the sec with 50 and was curious to see ae's total. anyone know??

Walker has 5 or 6 more than hes credited because they didnt count his bowl game touchdowns and they counted Tebows. I dont think Tebows rushing TD's are quite the same as Walkers. Its much easier to line up as a QB on the goal line in the shotgun and run in from a couple yards out. How many of Tebows TD's were from 30, 40, 50 yards out? Its a terrible comparison.

AppAlum96
October 31st, 2009, 08:45 PM

Not that I doubt you, but I was just bored enough to look up the post where you said that:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14035&page=2

Post #18.

And this from page four of the same thread:

"If Armanti is able to stay relatively healthy, he should break Williams' career total offense yardage record. "

And yes, the App state posters did jump down his throat. Lol. Good show Bulldog.

AppMan
November 1st, 2009, 07:37 AM

True, but when you consider he has accounted for over 13,000 yards of total offense and 131 TD's accountable for, that is simply spectacular!

OL FU
November 2nd, 2009, 06:20 AM
OK Now that that ass whoopin' is over. I will pay him the best compliment one can, I am glad I will not have to see our defense run around trying to catch him eer again. xbowxxbowxxbowx

eaglewraith
November 2nd, 2009, 06:26 AM
True, but when you consider he has accounted for over 13,000 yards of total offense and 131 TD's accountable for, that is simply spectacular!

Edwards has had a fantastic career and I'll be the first to admit I won't be sad to see him go. He's been phenomenal the entire time.

However there's always one stat that bothers me in regards to QB's. They get credit for passing yards even though the receiver may have racked up a huge YAC. I really wish they would adjust the stats to account for how the QB passed (in terms of actual yards passed) and for YAC gained by the receivers. It would give a more accurate picture of what each player has done. Not to diminish what Armanti has done in any way, but how many of those passing yards was gained by a WR taking a medium yardage pass and going to the house?

SideLine Shooter
November 2nd, 2009, 07:22 AM
Edwards has had a fantastic career and I'll be the first to admit I won't be sad to see him go. He's been phenomenal the entire time.

However there's always one stat that bothers me in regards to QB's. They get credit for passing yards even though the receiver may have racked up a huge YAC. I really wish they would adjust the stats to account for how the QB passed (in terms of actual yards passed) and for YAC gained by the receivers. It would give a more accurate picture of what each player has done. Not to diminish what Armanti has done in any way, but how many of those passing yards was gained by a WR taking a medium yardage pass and going to the house?

Last time I checked, a medium yardage pass was part of the game of football. The receiver catches the ball and does what he can in advancing the ball. This may depend on his downfield blocking that his team provides or his physical ability to outrun or evade the would be tacklers. This is the ultimate team game. With all the parts of the team working together, many great things can be achieved. None of this can be accomplished without a good QB. At least I've never seen a bad QB get it done.xnodxxnodx

AppAlum2003
November 2nd, 2009, 07:26 AM

So if a QB leads his receiver perfectly and the receiver goes untouched into the endzone for a huge gain... the QB should only be credited with where the receiver caught the ball? xeyebrowx

blueballs
November 2nd, 2009, 08:23 AM
Walker has 5 or 6 more than hes credited because they didnt count his bowl game touchdowns and they counted Tebows. I dont think Tebows rushing TD's are quite the same as Walkers. Its much easier to line up as a QB on the goal line in the shotgun and run in from a couple yards out. How many of Tebows TD's were from 30, 40, 50 yards out? Its a terrible comparison.

Not only that but UGA never played more than 11 games in a season when Walker was there (as we know bowl games don't count). Florida will play 12 regular season games this year, plus the $EC title game, and then a bowl- all of which count towards his record.

So to recap, Tebow has 4 years of at least 12 games each (3 of the four he will have 14) to break a record that was set in 3 years of 11 games. A great accomplishment yes but achieved with a "stacked deck" and hardly comparable.

OL FU
November 2nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
Not only that but UGA never played more than 11 games in a season when Walker was there (as we know bowl games don't count). Florida will play 12 regular season games this year, plus the $EC title game, and then a bowl- all of which count towards his record.

So to recap, Tebow has 4 years of at least 12 games each (3 of the four he will have 14) to break a record that was set in 3 years of 11 games. A great accomplishment yes but achieved with a "stacked deck" and hardly comparable.

And even more important, I liked Walkerxnodx

:D

eaglewraith
November 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
Last time I checked, a medium yardage pass was part of the game of football. The receiver catches the ball and does what he can in advancing the ball. This may depend on his downfield blocking that his team provides or his physical ability to outrun or evade the would be tacklers. This is the ultimate team game. With all the parts of the team working together, many great things can be achieved. None of this can be accomplished without a good QB. At least I've never seen a bad QB get it done.xnodxxnodx

So by that logic then those ~14,000 yards should belong to App as a whole and not to Armanti

eaglewraith
November 2nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
So if a QB leads his receiver perfectly and the receiver goes untouched into the endzone for a huge gain... the QB should only be credited with where the receiver caught the ball? xeyebrowx

At the point the WR receives the ball, the QB's job is done. He doesn't juke the WR down the field or break him lose to go to the house.

YAC is a counted stat. It would be applicable to use YAC to deduct from the passing yards to determine what the QB actually passed for. The general passing yardage would still be correct for determining team passing yardage as a whole, but then we'd have more accurate recording of individual stats.

The way passing yards are counted now, they are counted twice as an individual statistic for the QB and WR. Remove the components each one is responsible for from the whole and you get a more accurate picture.

Once again...I'm not trying to take away from Armanti in any way. Please don't take it as that.

Apps03
November 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
AP doesn't run for a million yards and 5,000 touchdowns without that line blocking for him.

AE doesn't throw for his yardage without somebody being able to catch the ball or run for his yardage without some linemen blocking for him

Point being, football is a team sport. Folks could argue this point till they're blue/black & gold in the face.

GaSouthern
November 3rd, 2009, 09:16 AM
With 4 rushing TDs today Armanti now has 12 on the season and a career total of 58!

Adrian Peterson (Ga Southern) has the FCS record (and the Division 1 record) with 84 rushing TDs

Matt Cannon (Southern Utah) has the FCS record for rushing TDs by a QB with 64. Armanti only needs 6 more to break that record

He actually has 111 Rushing TD's xrulesx

It is a SHAM that the NCAA looks the other way about not updating the record books to include playoffs.

GaSouthern
November 3rd, 2009, 09:19 AM
AP doesn't run for a million yards and 5,000 touchdowns without that line blocking for him.

AE doesn't throw for his yardage without somebody being able to catch the ball or run for his yardage without some linemen blocking for him

Point being, football is a team sport. Folks could argue this point till they're blue/black & gold in the face.

Very true, and how blessed we are as members of our schools and conference to be able to see such athletes!

SideLine Shooter
November 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
So by that logic then those ~14,000 yards should belong to App as a whole and not to Armanti

You can't cure stupid.xlolxxlolx

elon77
November 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
If the NFL doesn't work out for Armanti, he can always sing country music, gain alot of weight and become a major league umpire like former Elon QB Joe West.xnodx

Skjellyfetti
November 3rd, 2009, 10:32 AM
If the NFL doesn't work out for Armanti, he can always sing country music, gain alot of weight and become a major league umpire like former Elon QB Joe West.xnodx

Elon fans try their damndest to redirect any topic back towards Elon. This has to be the most random attempt I've seen yet. xlolx WTF. xconfusedx

BarefootApp
November 3rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
hey, take credit wherever you can find it!

AshevilleApp
November 3rd, 2009, 11:16 AM

Completely disagree...the QB can have a huge effect on YAC...Try throwing the ball to a WR behind the WR and watch how many YACs he gets. Try throwing the ball to the wrong receiver (i.e. the most covered one)....Oh and how about not hitting a receiver in stride or not recognizing broken coverage. The QB has to determine the where,when, who, etc. of every pass meaning that the YAC does not happen without some influence from a well thought out decision and a well placed ball

AA

BarefootApp
November 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
sold me.

elon77
November 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Elon fans try their damndest to redirect any topic back towards Elon. This has to be the most random attempt I've seen yet. xlolx WTF. xconfusedx

Well, that wasn't what I was trying to do, but now that you mention it no ASU fan has ever done that, have they? I could have said sell lawn mowers but there is no need to beat that dead horse. I was wishing that he had jumped to the NFL last year so everyone would be done with him. In fact my chant was go pro, go pro, go pro.

SpeedkingATL
November 3rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Well, that wasn't what I was trying to do, but now that you mention it no ASU fan has ever done that, have they? I could have said sell lawn mowers but there is no need to beat that dead horse. I was wishing that he had jumped to the NFL last year so everyone would be done with him. In fact my chant was go pro, go pro, go pro.

Next week I hope your chant is "Oh no, oh no".xlolx

elon77
November 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
Next week I hope your chant is "Oh no, oh no".xlolx

It's been said before. xnodx