PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-31

JALMOND
October 29th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Sorry, everyone. Some type of spooky computer glitch last night prevented me from posting this week's predictions. Seems OK for now. Too many great games going on in the Big Sky this weekend for this to happen. After last week, I am 39-6 after the mild upset (PSU) and the major upset (UNC) both did not come through. With that, here are this week's predictions, hopefully they will take this time.

ISU @ MSU---Interesting game as it pits a great defense with limited offense (the Bobcats) against no defense and no offense (the Bengals). The Bobcats can trace their problems to injury and sickness, when they are healthy they can play with anyone, just ask Weber State. The Bengals are trying to find out who they can play and who they can beat. They can't beat the Bobcats...MSU 24, ISU 7.

NAU @ Sac State---Another interesting game as this one puts a team on the rise (the Jacks) against a team just on the edge (the Hornets). The Jacks have been on a roll since they took Montana to overtime a few weeks back, and a starting to look like a force to be reckoned with. The Hornets have had good spurts, just no marquee wins yet. With the Jacks at home, can they get this one?...NAU 38, Sac State 28.

South Dakota @ UNC---Quietly, the Bears are playing better, which is an understatement since they really could not play any worse than they were. But after finding an offense against Idaho State and coming back to make things interesting against Weber State, maybe things are beginning to click. This week, they go out of conference to play a familiar foe from their days in DII, the Great West's South Dakota, who are playing their second Big Sky team in three weeks (they lost to Montana State in overtime two weeks ago). Another win for the Bears?...UNC 20, South Dakota 14.

PSU vs EWU in Seattle---This week the Eagles found out they can go to the playoffs after the NCAA lifted their postseason ban. Now they just have to get there, and a good place to start by playing the struggling Vikings. But the Vikings also have confidence going in to this game, owning a three game winning streak over the Eagles. Still, streaks are built to be broken and the Eagles want it more...EWU 31, PSU 21.

WSU @ UM---The game everyone is talking about, not just here but across the FCS universe. The Wildcats have had this game circled ever since the Grizzlies bounced them out of the playoffs last year. The Grizzlies have been coming up big in games this year, snatching victory out of sure defeat many times. The Wildcats appear to have the better team (Griz suspect in the secondary, unsettled at quarterback and Reynolds having an off year), but can they overcome the Wash-Griz mystique...WSU 35, UM 31.

Tough games this week. I'll settle for 3-2 again, but I would of course like it to be better.

Big Al
October 29th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Look like good picks to me. Here's hoping you're at least right on your last call!

Silenoz
October 29th, 2009, 11:49 AM
The only thing I'm going to disagree with is our QB situation as a handicap:

Andrew Selle - 162.47
Justin Roper - 154.99
Cameron Higgins - 143.31

Yes I know Higgins had two subpar performances against FBS, but both of our guys have been pretty damn good

100%GRIZ
October 29th, 2009, 12:06 PM
ISU 10 MSU - 32
NAU 24 SAC 28
SD 13 NC 7
PSU 20 EWU 35
WSU 31 MT 45

catbob
October 29th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Actually the Cat offense has bee coming together. We had 592 yards of offense (400 passing 192 rushing) against EWU, but couldn't really convert, especially since we had no FG kicker present at the game (literally). We had 392 the previous week against South Dakota. We are getting there, just need to convert a few more long drives into points.

The problem is our defense seems to be decreasing at the same rate as our offense is increasing. USD & EWU shredded us, though injuries have been pretty gnarly, in particular against EWU.

Cody Kempt in the last 2 weeks is 53/71 with 5 TDs and 1 pick (last second heave against EWU picked off in the endzone) with a combined rated of 148.72. Our starting RB Aaron Mason should be cleared to play this week after suffering a concussion against NAU 3 weeks ago. Backup CJ Palmer has had back to back 100 yard games though, and MSU is 2nd in yards per game rushing.

We have the offense weapons, I hope we are finally turning a corner, getting some rhythm and chemistry, and maybe will see some increased point output.

DavisAggie
October 29th, 2009, 12:21 PM
ISU @ MSU

NAU @ Sac State

South Dakota @ UNC

PSU vs EWU

WSU @ UM

gbhmt
October 29th, 2009, 01:33 PM
The only thing I'm going to disagree with is our QB situation as a handicap:

Andrew Selle - 162.47
Justin Roper - 154.99
Cameron Higgins - 143.31

Yes I know Higgins had two subpar performances against FBS, but both of our guys have been pretty damn good

Also, while he may not be getting as many yards as last year, Chase is still the nation's leading scorer.

putter
October 29th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Good pics and all could happen. I think USD will get to UNC. After watching them against UC Davis and MSU I think they are playing better ball right now.

Squealofthepig
October 29th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Can't fault any of these pics - Weber/Montana is always a good game, and it will be interesting to see. I'm hoping for a hard fought, close game for both of these team's sake, as a blowout by either could hurt each other's playoff's chances/seed. Imagine this is one where if you played a hundred times, the Griz would probably win about 55 of them (mainly due to homefield advantage). Should be a good one.

Like the home teams in all the rest save North Colorado, but that could be a close one.

Silenoz
October 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Can't fault any of these pics - Weber/Montana is always a good game, and it will be interesting to see. I'm hoping for a hard fought, close game for both of these team's sake, as a blowout by either could hurt each other's playoff's chances/seed. Imagine this is one where if you played a hundred times, the Griz would probably win about 55 of them (mainly due to homefield advantage). Should be a good one.

Like the home teams in all the rest save North Colorado, but that could be a close one.

I'd say 65/35. I mean we rarely lose at home. Ever.

Squealofthepig
October 29th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I'd say 65/35. I mean we rarely lose at home. Ever.

That is true. Still, gotta say Weber will not be a cakewalk, and good luck to both teams!

Walkon79
October 29th, 2009, 03:07 PM
ISU @ MSU

NAU @ Sac State

USD @ UNC

PSU vs EWU

WSU @ UM

UM will trail the whole game and come up with some WaGriz magic to pull it out in the end.

JALMOND
October 29th, 2009, 03:17 PM
WSU @ UM

UM will trail the whole game and come up with some WaGriz magic to pull it out in the end.

And, of course, no help from the zebras.xthumbsupx xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
October 29th, 2009, 04:05 PM
ISU 10 @ 32 MSU - Even though this almost a guaranteed win for the Cats, it'll be interesting to see if their offense really is on track after last week's explosion for nearly 600 yds.

NAU 35 @ 30 Sac State - I'm conflicted on this one. The Hornets are getting better and better, and although NAU has been cruising, their schedule is getting tougher and tougher. Sac is certainly capable of the upset, but I don't think it'll happen. I hope Sac State proves me wrong.

PSU 30 vs 42 EWU @ Qwest - I'm really surprised you didn't pick four straight for the Viks on this one Jalmond. Is it because of Hubel? As tough as the Vikings have played us in recent years, Nichols will be treating this game like the one 2 weeks ago... he wants his first win against this team BAD. Add to that Jones will be rushing on great Field Turf and the team has something to fight for now (playoffs), Eagles will snap the streak.

SD 31 @ 24 UNC - This is a game that could go either way, but I think SD pulls this out. They only lost by a point to UC-Davis, and took MSU to overtime the following week. After the Bye, they've had 2 weeks to sit and stew over 3 straight losses, all of them close, 2 of them really close. I'm going with the Coyotes.

WSU 34 @ 42 UM - The game of the month. Whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game. The crowd noise will get to Higgins, and he'll probably throw a pick or two. Trevyn is a beast, but he doesn't have speed like Taiwan Jones to bust it. I think he'll have an okay day, but nothing spectacular. Even though I want the Griz to win, I honestly think they will.

JALMOND
October 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
ISU 10 @ 32 MSU - Even though this almost a guaranteed win for the Cats, it'll be interesting to see if their offense really is on track after last week's explosion for nearly 600 yds.

NAU 35 @ 30 Sac State - I'm conflicted on this one. The Hornets are getting better and better, and although NAU has been cruising, their schedule is getting tougher and tougher. Sac is certainly capable of the upset, but I don't think it'll happen. I hope Sac State proves me wrong.

PSU 30 vs 42 EWU @ Qwest - I'm really surprised you didn't pick four straight for the Viks on this one Jalmond. Is it because of Hubel? As tough as the Vikings have played us in recent years, Nichols will be treating this game like the one 2 weeks ago... he wants his first win against this team BAD. Add to that Jones will be rushing on great Field Turf and the team has something to fight for now (playoffs), Eagles will snap the streak.

SD 31 @ 24 UNC - This is a game that could go either way, but I think SD pulls this out. They only lost by a point to UC-Davis, and took MSU to overtime the following week. After the Bye, they've had 2 weeks to sit and stew over 3 straight losses, all of them close, 2 of them really close. I'm going with the Coyotes.

WSU 34 @ 42 UM - The game of the month. Whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game. The crowd noise will get to Higgins, and he'll probably throw a pick or two. Trevyn is a beast, but he doesn't have speed like Taiwan Jones to bust it. I think he'll have an okay day, but nothing spectacular. Even though I want the Griz to win, I honestly think they will.

Well, you got your 2 games to catch me. One thing brought to my attention, South Dakota has lost the last seven to Northern Colorado, or something like that. Griz and Weber will be fun. As far as EWU/PSU, I was going to go with the Vikings (and don't think I won't be cheering hard for myself to be wrong). But giving up 130 yards rushing to the 114th ranked rushing offense last week does not bode well for going up against Jones. If he is even half as good as you say he is, Vikings will have their hands full.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 29th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Well, you got your 2 games to catch me. One thing brought to my attention, South Dakota has lost the last seven to Northern Colorado, or something like that. Griz and Weber will be fun. As far as EWU/PSU, I was going to go with the Vikings (and don't think I won't be cheering hard for myself to be wrong). But giving up 130 yards rushing to the 114th ranked rushing offense last week does not bode well for going up against Jones. If he is even half as good as you say he is, Vikings will have their hands full.

You still won't admit to how good "Taipei" is, will you? xlolx You're going to the game right? I hope you do, so you can see how good and fast he really is in person. I'd love to go, but I don't think my roommate is willing to do any more traveling for a bit. (He just got back from New York, and drove to Missoula the week before).

catbob
October 29th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Jones is the real deal, though he seems more of a Sproles kind of back to me. He only ended up wtih 55 against a banged up Cats D, long of 10, but when they got him the ball in space on screens and swings, he was able to light us up.

He needs to work on running through traffic better. I'd still take Smith as my every down back, but Jones is more explosive than Smith.

This all being based on what I've seen of Jones, the one game against the Cats. I've watched Smith for years, not just against the Cats.

Jones is going to rip up the Sky in his career here, I see him winning the rushing title just about every year.

bpcats
October 29th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Weber vs Montana - Montana wins 45-35. Higgins is more turnover prone than the Montana offense and Mariani will make a game turning special teams play. Each team will probably have 400 yds passing when all is said and done.

USD @ UNC - I haven't seen UNC play and I don't know how much they have improved over the last several weeks, but USD should win this one by two scores. USD has made tremendous strides since last year and Shepard is a beast at quarterback.

EWU at PSU - Eastern should win this one going away, although I hope not.

NAU vs Sac State - NAU rolls

Idaho State @ MSU - we get our kicker back...and the Cats are pissed off but the Bengal put up a fight. MSU 38-Idaho State 17

I Bleed Purple
October 29th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Jones is a good back. I'm guessing they're getting better at calling plays for him. I imagine the receiving yards last week were on screens and swing passes. His weakness is between the tackles. Can't run in traffic. If you're disciplined on the D-Line and contain him, he can't break through. I haven't really focused on his vision, either. Not sure whether it's good or not. Once he breaks a hole, though, he's dynamite.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 29th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Jones is the real deal, though he seems more of a Sproles kind of back to me. He only ended up wtih 55 against a banged up Cats D, long of 10, but when they got him the ball in space on screens and swings, he was able to light us up.

He needs to work on running through traffic better. I'd still take Smith as my every down back, but Jones is more explosive than Smith.

This all being based on what I've seen of Jones, the one game against the Cats. I've watched Smith for years, not just against the Cats.

Jones is going to rip up the Sky in his career here, I see him winning the rushing title just about every year.

Jones is only similar to Sproles only on the basis of speed and shifty-ness... they can both cut back on a dime and expload in open field. Sproles is tiny at 5'6 or 5'7 or something and relies more on his much lower center-of-gravity to get loose. Jones is a tall back at 6'1 but only 200lbs and doesn't have the low center-of-gravity or the mass to get by tackles. He's essentially a track star (beat in HS only by a guy named Jahvid Best) or a wide-receiver in a football uniform. The downside is that if he put on 20-30 lbs as he should given how tall he is, his speed would probably suffer.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 29th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Weber vs Montana - Montana wins 45-35. Higgins is more turnover prone than the Montana offense and Mariani will make a game turning special teams play. Each team will probably have 400 yds passing when all is said and done.

USD @ UNC - I haven't seen UNC play and I don't know how much they have improved over the last several weeks, but USD should win this one by two scores. USD has made tremendous strides since last year and Shepard is a beast at quarterback.

EWU at PSU - Eastern should win this one going away, although I hope not.

NAU vs Sac State - NAU rolls

Idaho State @ MSU - we get our kicker back...and the Cats are pissed off but the Bengal put up a fight. MSU 38-Idaho State 17

It'll be interesting to watch the NAU~Sac game... I don't think NAU rolls 'em. Sac showed some grit against the Griz through the air and putting up 30, and NAU let UNC hang around all game a couple weeks back. This game should give some indication as to whether NAU is a paper-tiger or not. (No, the game against UM was not a good indicator for me... they we'ren't playing very tough those first couple weeks.)

Screamin_Eagle174
October 29th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Jones is a good back. I'm guessing they're getting better at calling plays for him. I imagine the receiving yards last week were on screens and swing passes. His weakness is between the tackles. Can't run in traffic. If you're disciplined on the D-Line and contain him, he can't break through. I haven't really focused on his vision, either. Not sure whether it's good or not. Once he breaks a hole, though, he's dynamite.

Like I said, he doesn't have the mass to run between the tackles, and if he did, his speed would suffer. His effectiveness as a rushing threat relies on that uncontainable speed. As far as vision... it's pretty good. You should have seen him on the 96-yarder against Idaho State. He ran a draw to the right and found his hole blocked, so he bounced out and turned on the burners to beat two defenders around the corner and was off until it closed in on him. He avoided one tackle then cut back across the length of the field while the team was throwing blocks for him until he hit the other sideline and turned on the afterburners! In HS he had many returns for TDs, had one for us late last year (against UNC) and would've had one this year (also against UNC, ironically) if it weren't for a holding penalty on EWU.

I'd been hoping for more bubble screens and swing passes for Jones and it we finally started calling them against Montana State which was awesome to see! I wonder if it had something to do with something I said... I used to work for our current Offensive Coordinator's (last year's OL coach) wife. I ran into her a couple days before the Montana game and told her she should tell her husband to run some more screen passes to Jones on the outside. Maybe he decided to try it out! :D

JALMOND
October 29th, 2009, 06:54 PM
You still won't admit to how good "Taipei" is, will you? xlolx You're going to the game right? I hope you do, so you can see how good and fast he really is in person. I'd love to go, but I don't think my roommate is willing to do any more traveling for a bit. (He just got back from New York, and drove to Missoula the week before).

I'd like to go, but I got a chance to make some $$$ doing a Halloween karaoke party here in Portland. I'd have to be back by seven, not much time for the game and a beer after. Knowing the Seattle traffic, I'd have to haul it back here (and the cops in Chehalis don't really like speeders).

As far as "Taipai", he should get 100+ easily against us. If he gets 200, I'll be impressed. Jacquizz got 100 in a little over a half against us. If Jones can match that, I'll be impressed.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 29th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I'd like to go, but I got a chance to make some $$$ doing a Halloween karaoke party here in Portland. I'd have to be back by seven, not much time for the game and a beer after. Knowing the Seattle traffic, I'd have to haul it back here (and the cops in Chehalis don't really like speeders).

As far as "Taipai", he should get 100+ easily against us. If he gets 200, I'll be impressed. Jacquizz got 100 in a little over a half against us. If Jones can match that, I'll be impressed.

You're a DJ?

Smith only got what like 30 yards? If Jones get's 50, your jaw should be dropping! xlolx

All kidding aside, prepare to be impressed. I have a feeling Jones is going to have a big day on that Field Turf in an NFL stadium. Not guaranteeing anything, but I think he'll put up some big numbers. xrolleyesx

kalm
October 29th, 2009, 07:33 PM

He actually had some good tough runs inside against the griz which didn't amount to much yardage but may have kept the defense a little bit more honest.

Also, it's tough to run in traffic if their are no holes open - both Weber and MSU's front sevens did a good job in that department.

Remember, he played defense last year and was one of our best hitters, so as he matures and gets bigger I don't think running inside will be a problem - if the line does it's job.

Besides there are a ton of ways to get him the ball. For instance, I would expect us to spread him out wide more, put him in motion, run from an empty backfield set, use some end arounds. Lots of options.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 29th, 2009, 09:54 PM
ISU @ MSU---17

NAU @ Sac State---10

South Dakota @ UNC---3

PSU vs EWU in Seattle---13

WSU @ UM---3

I'll be in the stands watching the Griz, it will be a good weekend. xthumbsupx

JackFan
October 30th, 2009, 09:13 AM
It'll be interesting to watch the NAU~Sac game... I don't think NAU rolls 'em. Sac showed some grit against the Griz through the air and putting up 30, and NAU let UNC hang around all game a couple weeks back. This game should give some indication as to whether NAU is a paper-tiger or not. (No, the game against UM was not a good indicator for me... they we'ren't playing very tough those first couple weeks.)

Really???? So let me guess the griz weren’t playing tough until they played the eagles right…. What is your basis for saying that the griz were not playing tough the first few games? But your gonna count the UNC game against us. UNC gave Weber a good game too (28-20 weber). In fact UNC gave Weber a better game then your eagles did (31-13 weber). Im beginning to like this us against the world role the jacks are playing this season. Keep underestimating the jacks so they can jump up and bite your team. I think your trying to psyc yourself into a scenario in which your eagles win out and make the playoffs….

wapiti
October 30th, 2009, 10:01 AM
ISU 0 @ MSU 28--- The easiest pick this week. MSU's defense shines again.

NAU 31 @ Sac State 28 --- Sac will keep it close, but NAU is the real deal this year. (As long as NAU does not have a late season let down.)

South Dakota 28 @ UNC 27---USD quarterback is good and will carry USD to victory in the 4th.

PSU 17 vs EWU 28 (in Seattle)--- Nichols and Jones take this one easily. EWU gets an early lead and holds on to win.

WSU 38 @ UM 37--- McNight misses a PAT in the 4th overtime. After the Griz tied it in the waning seconds of regulation.

Ronbo
October 30th, 2009, 10:03 AM
What gets lost in all these disscussions is the mindset every Big Sky team is in when they play the Griz. It's usually the biggest game of the year for them and they are sky high pumped. We see that each and every week. It is good preparation for the playoffs though so I don't worry about it much but it can be scary sometimes.xnodx

UNCBears2010
October 30th, 2009, 12:47 PM
UNC hasn't lost on a Hail Mary yet this year, this will probably be the week for that to happen to us.

ncbears
October 30th, 2009, 01:00 PM
My picks as winners:

MSU

UNC

UM

EW

NAU

EdubAlum
October 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Screamin' eagle, go greyhound baby:-) I'll buy you another shot of whiskey;-)

Screamin_Eagle174
October 30th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Really???? So let me guess the griz weren’t playing tough until they played the eagles right…. What is your basis for saying that the griz were not playing tough the first few games? But your gonna count the UNC game against us. UNC gave Weber a good game too (28-20 weber). In fact UNC gave Weber a better game then your eagles did (31-13 weber). Im beginning to like this us against the world role the jacks are playing this season. Keep underestimating the jacks so they can jump up and bite your team. I think your trying to psyc yourself into a scenario in which your eagles win out and make the playoffs….

You missed the point of my post, which was that I think NAU will have some trouble with Sac, and it'll be a much closer game than the Jacks would care to have. If NAU rolls Sac, then I'll be impressed.

As far as NAU "jumping up and biting (my) team," ... good luck with that. 3 Games straight on the road, 2 against ranked teams, one of which is BCS #24 Miss. I like my Eagles' chances taking on NAU after that stretch.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 30th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Screamin' eagle, go greyhound baby:-) I'll buy you another shot of whiskey;-)

xlolx I'd have to leave right now to get to Seattle on time via Greyhound... that's if I even get there. xlolx

Trust me, if there were a way, I'd be at that game. xthumbsupx

nevadagriz
October 31st, 2009, 12:22 AM
ISU 0 @ MSU 28--- The easiest pick this week. MSU's defense shines again.

NAU 31 @ Sac State 28 --- Sac will keep it close, but NAU is the real deal this year. (As long as NAU does not have a late season let down.)

South Dakota 28 @ UNC 27---USD quarterback is good and will carry USD to victory in the 4th.

PSU 17 vs EWU 28 (in Seattle)--- Nichols and Jones take this one easily. EWU gets an early lead and holds on to win.

WSU 38 @ UM 37--- McNight misses a PAT in the 4th overtime. After the Griz tied it in the waning seconds of regulation.

You can't miss a extra point in the fourth OT after two both teams must go for two! I know you know that I was just reminding youxthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
October 31st, 2009, 12:57 AM
I can't wait for the games tomorrow!

JALMOND
October 31st, 2009, 07:21 PM
Sorry, everyone. Some type of spooky computer glitch last night prevented me from posting this week's predictions. Seems OK for now. Too many great games going on in the Big Sky this weekend for this to happen. After last week, I am 39-6 after the mild upset (PSU) and the major upset (UNC) both did not come through. With that, here are this week's predictions, hopefully they will take this time.

ISU @ MSU---Interesting game as it pits a great defense with limited offense (the Bobcats) against no defense and no offense (the Bengals). The Bobcats can trace their problems to injury and sickness, when they are healthy they can play with anyone, just ask Weber State. The Bengals are trying to find out who they can play and who they can beat. They can't beat the Bobcats...MSU 24, ISU 7.

NAU @ Sac State---Another interesting game as this one puts a team on the rise (the Jacks) against a team just on the edge (the Hornets). The Jacks have been on a roll since they took Montana to overtime a few weeks back, and a starting to look like a force to be reckoned with. The Hornets have had good spurts, just no marquee wins yet. With the Jacks at home, can they get this one?...NAU 38, Sac State 28.

South Dakota @ UNC---Quietly, the Bears are playing better, which is an understatement since they really could not play any worse than they were. But after finding an offense against Idaho State and coming back to make things interesting against Weber State, maybe things are beginning to click. This week, they go out of conference to play a familiar foe from their days in DII, the Great West's South Dakota, who are playing their second Big Sky team in three weeks (they lost to Montana State in overtime two weeks ago). Another win for the Bears?...UNC 20, South Dakota 14.

PSU vs EWU in Seattle---This week the Eagles found out they can go to the playoffs after the NCAA lifted their postseason ban. Now they just have to get there, and a good place to start by playing the struggling Vikings. But the Vikings also have confidence going in to this game, owning a three game winning streak over the Eagles. Still, streaks are built to be broken and the Eagles want it more...EWU 31, PSU 21.

WSU @ UM---The game everyone is talking about, not just here but across the FCS universe. The Wildcats have had this game circled ever since the Grizzlies bounced them out of the playoffs last year. The Grizzlies have been coming up big in games this year, snatching victory out of sure defeat many times. The Wildcats appear to have the better team (Griz suspect in the secondary, unsettled at quarterback and Reynolds having an off year), but can they overcome the Wash-Griz mystique...WSU 35, UM 31.

Tough games this week. I'll settle for 3-2 again, but I would of course like it to be better.

Ok, I jinxed myself by saying I'd settle for 3-2. I really was hoping for 4-1. Leaves me at 42-8. Well, I'll take it.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 31st, 2009, 07:39 PM
Correct Pick
Incorrect Pick
Actual Score
(-123) = Difference between predicted and actual point spread
APSE = Average Point Spread Error

ISU 10 @ 32 MSU
ISU 10 @ 41 MSU (-9)

NAU 35 @ 30 Sac State
NAU 24 @ 27 Sac State (-8)

PSU 30 vs 42 EWU
PSU 10 vs 47 EWU (-25)

SD 31 @ 24 UNC
SD 17 @ 21 UNC (-11)

WSU 34 @ 42 UM
WSU 10 @ 31 UM (-13)

This week: 3-2
Last week: 5-0
Overall: 40-10
APSE this week: 13.2 pts
APSE last week: 5.3 pts
APSE overall: 11.4 pts

Well, me and Jalmond split to go 3-2 on the week. I still have time to catch up. I knew Sac was capable of the upset today, and I'm glad they proved me wrong. I was a little surprised how much Higgin's & co. choked against Montana though. South Dakota came real close to beating UNC, but no cigar. Congrats to the Bears for their 3rd win this season! Out of the cellar and on the rise.

All in all though, I'm extremely happy about the way the games turned out today... not only in the Big Sky, but around the FCS. Most of the teams on the bubble for receiving an at large bid lost today: NAU, Weber, Cal Poly, UC-Davis, UMass, and Delaware. Eastern made a statement by winning big and gets a week to rest up before heading to a dangerous Southern Utah team.

putter
October 31st, 2009, 07:45 PM
Yes and with SUU's win today, a victory for the Eagles could look that much better come voting time.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 31st, 2009, 08:06 PM
Yes and with SUU's win today, a victory for the Eagles could look that much better come voting time.

xnodx

We'd have quality wins over MSU, SUU, and potentially NAU (if they beat Weber). Only losses to a #2 Montana and ranked Weber team, and of course Cal. Even though they don't look at it, we only lost to Montana by 7, and likely could have gone either way if the refs had called a good game. xnonono2x

UNCBears2010
October 31st, 2009, 08:10 PM
As a friend texted me after the game: We won! Again. Weird.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 1st, 2009, 03:37 PM

Looks like I was really trying to psych myself up. xrolleyesx

Good game paper tigers.

Green26
November 1st, 2009, 04:17 PM
Jalmond, I have no problem with you picking Weber, but I don't agree with what you gave as reasons:

"The Wildcats appear to have the better team (Griz suspect in the secondary, unsettled at quarterback and Reynolds having an off year), but can they overcome the Wash-Griz mystique...WSU 35, UM 31."

Don't know why you would have said Weber appeared to have the better team. Jeez, they'd already lost 3 games, and had some very inconsistent plays.

As for the secondary, UM has a very good secondary. Having the two starters out last week, having the 3rd who was a starter last year before an pre-season injury this year just coming back from yet another injury, and starting 2 guys who never started, impacts the secondary. Having the top 3 out for the first game, and 1 or 2 of the top 3 out for other games, and having the 3rd safety out or wearing a cast for a broken thumb, also hurts. The corner Trumaine Johnson was first-team mid-season all-american corner, and one of the safeties was second team, I believe. A better pass rush helps too.

Reynolds is not having an off year, and had 241 yards yesterday. Coach Hauck doesn't want his best running back to get too many carries until later in the season. I agree that Reynolds hadn't been having a great year, like he did in the last half of the season last year, but I look for him to pick up the pace now. The o-line is coming along well.

Thanks for your weekly reports. Nice succinct analysis, and without much, if any, bias.

Green26
November 1st, 2009, 06:34 PM
Reynolds of Montana is now leading the Big Sky in rushing (per game). A 241 yard game will do wonders for the average.

Reynolds is 8th in the nation in rushing, and 1st in the nation in scoring.

JackFan
November 1st, 2009, 06:37 PM
Looks like I was really trying to psych myself up. xrolleyesx

Good game paper tigers.

Well im gonna have some class and tip my hat to sac state they were ready and pretty much handed it to our guys. Looks like another mediocre 5-6 or 6-5 season. It is really disappointing as it looks like im gonna graduate from NAU in the spring without seeing the jacks in the playoffs. The football program really needs to look at itself and evaluate what is behind the late season let downs.

As for screaming eagle the only thing I have to say to you is that you’re a piece of work. Its easy to talk after a big win. Your eagles have lost to two big sky teams, which I know don’t included the sac state team our guys lost to but technically at this point of the season we are even in conference, and ya I still think your trying to psych yourself into a playoff spot, we all are at this point except Montana, but at least you could come up with better reasoning behind your predictions. Stuff like “Montana was not playing very tough the first couple games” as a justification for thinking we would stumble makes you sound ignorant about the game and its pure ridiculousness haha, if you would have used something like facts of even our last season as an example it would have been ok by me. Remember that next time you say something, make sure you can back up your statement with facts…

“Paper tigers”…like your eagles are something special….

Screamin_Eagle174
November 1st, 2009, 08:35 PM
Well im gonna have some class and tip my hat to sac state they were ready and pretty much handed it to our guys. Looks like another mediocre 5-6 or 6-5 season. It is really disappointing as it looks like im gonna graduate from NAU in the spring without seeing the jacks in the playoffs. The football program really needs to look at itself and evaluate what is behind the late season let downs.

As for screaming eagle the only thing I have to say to you is that you’re a piece of work. Its easy to talk after a big win. Your eagles have lost to two big sky teams, which I know don’t included the sac state team our guys lost to but technically at this point of the season we are even in conference, and ya I still think your trying to psych yourself into a playoff spot, we all are at this point except Montana, but at least you could come up with better reasoning behind your predictions. Stuff like “Montana was not playing very tough the first couple games” as a justification for thinking we would stumble makes you sound ignorant about the game and its pure ridiculousness haha, if you would have used something like facts of even our last season as an example it would have been ok by me. Remember that next time you say something, make sure you can back up your statement with facts…

“Paper tigers”…like your eagles are something special….

We out played Montana IN MONTANA in every aspect of the game (first downs, rushing yards, passing yards, total yards, ToP, and had no turnovers) except for the final score. There are some facts for ya buddy. xthumbsupx

Ronbo
November 1st, 2009, 08:43 PM
I like and enjoy all you BSC posters. I will however remind you of a Bobby Hauck quote. "The only stat that counts is the final score."xnodxxnodx:D

JALMOND
November 1st, 2009, 09:38 PM
I like and enjoy all you BSC posters. I will however remind you of a Bobby Hauck quote. "The only stat that counts is the final score."xnodxxnodx:D

Agreed. My high school football coach and my college basketball coach both had a saying "A win is a win and a loss is a loss. I'd rather play badly and get a win than play well and get a loss."

JALMOND
November 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM
Jalmond, I have no problem with you picking Weber, but I don't agree with what you gave as reasons:

"The Wildcats appear to have the better team (Griz suspect in the secondary, unsettled at quarterback and Reynolds having an off year), but can they overcome the Wash-Griz mystique...WSU 35, UM 31."

Don't know why you would have said Weber appeared to have the better team. Jeez, they'd already lost 3 games, and had some very inconsistent plays.

As for the secondary, UM has a very good secondary. Having the two starters out last week, having the 3rd who was a starter last year before an pre-season injury this year just coming back from yet another injury, and starting 2 guys who never started, impacts the secondary. Having the top 3 out for the first game, and 1 or 2 of the top 3 out for other games, and having the 3rd safety out or wearing a cast for a broken thumb, also hurts. The corner Trumaine Johnson was first-team mid-season all-american corner, and one of the safeties was second team, I believe. A better pass rush helps too.

Reynolds is not having an off year, and had 241 yards yesterday. Coach Hauck doesn't want his best running back to get too many carries until later in the season. I agree that Reynolds hadn't been having a great year, like he did in the last half of the season last year, but I look for him to pick up the pace now. The o-line is coming along well.

Thanks for your weekly reports. Nice succinct analysis, and without much, if any, bias.

Obviously the Griz did not like my comments. The secondary was superb, Higgins was clearly outplayed and Reynolds had a helluva game. Weber had no chance to overcome the Wash-Griz "mystique" as they were totally outplayed by the Griz from the start. Good win for the Griz. xthumbsupx

Green26
November 1st, 2009, 10:45 PM
It is total BS for Screaming Eagle to say that EWU outplayed Montana in any aspect of the game, let alone "in every aspect". Montana clearly outplayed EWU, and that's why they won.

UM made big plays and EWU didn't. This often decides games.

While EWU had the edge in some offensive stats, UM had far more punt return and kickoff return yardage--and when those yards are added to the offensive yards, the totals were virtually even. In addition, Montana averaged considerably more per pass attempt and pass completion. EWU had 84 plays to UM's 64 plays, with most of the advantage coming in the first half, but EWU couldn't convert plays/yardage into scores and UM led 20-13 at halftime.

UM had more sacks than EWU. UM had fewer penalties than EWU. UM had EWU to 1 out of 5 4th down conversions.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 2nd, 2009, 12:40 AM
It is total BS for Screaming Eagle to say that EWU outplayed Montana in any aspect of the game, let alone "in every aspect". Montana clearly outplayed EWU, and that's why they won.

UM made big plays and EWU didn't. This often decides games.

While EWU had the edge in some offensive stats, UM had far more punt return and kickoff return yardage--and when those yards are added to the offensive yards, the totals were virtually even. In addition, Montana averaged considerably more per pass attempt and pass completion. EWU had 84 plays to UM's 64 plays, with most of the advantage coming in the first half, but EWU couldn't convert plays/yardage into scores and UM led 20-13 at halftime.

UM had more sacks than EWU. UM had fewer penalties than EWU. UM had EWU to 1 out of 5 4th down conversions.

EWU made plenty of big plays, so I don't know WTF you're talking about. Don't even talk about penalties... that refereeing was absolutely garbage. Saying EWU didn't outplay UM in any aspect is simply naive. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt buddy.

Green26
November 2nd, 2009, 05:40 AM
Nope, EWU didn't make the big plays, but UM did. That's why UM won the game.

EWU couldn't get into the endzone, especially in the first half. Boyce had one pass of 50 yards. The longest completion of the other receivers was 18 yards. Davis had 8 catches for 59 yards and no TD's. That was hardly a big day.

EWU's net punting was minus 6.5 per punt. Do you think your special teams had a big day and outplayed UM "in every respect". Do you understand that special teams are part of the game of football? If returns are being returned for TD's or into EWU's territory, UM doesn't have to get alot of offensive plays or get much yardage to score its TD's.

SactoHornetFan
November 2nd, 2009, 09:00 AM
Nope, EWU didn't make the big plays, but UM did. That's why UM won the game.

EWU couldn't get into the endzone, especially in the first half. Boyce had one pass of 50 yards. The longest completion of the other receivers was 18 yards. Davis had 8 catches for 59 yards and no TD's. That was hardly a big day.

EWU's net punting was minus 6.5 per punt. Do you think your special teams had a big day and outplayed UM "in every respect". Do you understand that special teams are part of the game of football? If returns are being returned for TD's or into EWU's territory, UM doesn't have to get alot of offensive plays or get much yardage to score its TD's.

You are a pretty naive fan if you think EWU didnt make any big plays since you only won by one score. Both teams made big plays...it turns out UM made one more big play than EWU.....

Green26
November 2nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
Okay, Mr. Smarty from Sac St, list the big plays EWU. While EWU played well and Nichols was accurate, EWU didn't make the big plays--and UM did. Had UM's offense not sputtered the first quarter and a bit beyond, UM probably would have opened up a bigger lead.

How about these posters who comment when they didn't even see the game? Talk about a lack of credibility.

Grizzaholic
November 2nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Okay, Mr. Smarty from Sac St, list the big plays EWU. While EWU played well and Nichols was accurate, EWU didn't make the big plays--and UM did. Had UM's offense not sputtered the first quarter and a bit beyond, UM probably would have opened up a bigger lead.

How about these posters who comment when they didn't even see the game? Talk about a lack of credibility.

Or how about all three of you let it die. Seriously. The game was 2 weeks ago.

Green26
November 2nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
So SUU gets some wins, and their posters (or Griz posters who like SUU) start getting bold.

uofmman1122
November 2nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
So SUU gets some wins, and their posters (or Griz posters who like SUU) start getting bold.Nah, I think he's got a point.

Who cares if a team ran and passed all over us, as long as they walked away with a loss? I don't.

Go Griz xpeacex

gbhmt
November 2nd, 2009, 11:24 AM
EWU made plenty of big plays, so I don't know WTF you're talking about. Don't even talk about penalties... that refereeing was absolutely garbage. Saying EWU didn't outplay UM in any aspect is simply naive. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt buddy.

You couldn't convert on fourth down, therefore you couldn't finish your drives. You can have all of the total yards you want, but if you can't finish what you start those yards are just worthless statistics. The only stat that mattered that game was 1-5 on fourth down. That doesn't cut it.

cats2506
November 2nd, 2009, 11:27 AM

The same could be said about the MSU-EWU game,

Unfourtunatly, regaurdless of the situation, refs or the stats, a loss is still a loss.

Walkon79
November 2nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
We out played Montana IN MONTANA in every aspect of the game (first downs, rushing yards, passing yards, total yards, ToP, and had no turnovers) except for the final score. There are some facts for ya buddy. xthumbsupx

And the Cats out-played Eastern in Cheney, winning all of the aforementioned stats (Except for the final score)

xblahblahxxblahblahxxblahblahx

eagle1
November 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
Moral victories suck! The Eags lost to Montana and beat the Bobcats. Enough said. The Eags did however pick up a win this past weekend vs Portland State and that keeps their playoff hopes alive. The Eags just need to take the bye week and get healthy and prepare for a solid SUU team and take it from there. Go Eagles!!!

SactoHornetFan
November 2nd, 2009, 01:18 PM

For your information I watched the game on Big Sky TV that day...I thought it was a great game...Montana had 10 pt lead at the half and a 14 pt lead at one point in the 3rd and Eastern came back twice to tie the game...heck I remember Jones ripped off a 50 yd run or something like that...the one big play that was the difference was Mariani's punt return for the TD in the 4th...and you're talking to me about credibility issues? xeyebrowxxcoffeex

Green26
November 2nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Sac, some of your supposed "facts" are not correct. For example, Montana did NOT have a 10 point lead at halftime. Thanks for naming one big play for each team. Watching on BigSkyTV is terrible. The picture isn't great, the tv cameras miss alot of plays and important parts of plays, and you can see only what the camera covers. I suppose you're going to tell us now that you played junior high football too.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 2nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
The refs missed more plays than BStv did.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 2nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
The refs missed more plays than BStv did.

Man, dig that sand out already. xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
November 2nd, 2009, 09:58 PM
Man, dig that sand out already. xcoffeex

Go pound sand. I'm tired of ignorant Griz fans like Green and a couple over on eGriz ("Grizaremoregooder) not giving any respect to EWU. The game was virtually dead even, with EWU putting up better numbers on offense, the Griz putting up better numbers on special teams. No one can deny that the poor officiating DID have an effect on the final outcome of the game. I'm not saying we would have won if it was reffed correctly, but those bogus calls did extend some drives and snuff others, for both teams.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 2nd, 2009, 10:00 PM
Go pound sand. I'm tired of ignorant Griz fans like Green and a couple over on eGriz ("Grizaremoregooder) not giving any respect to EWU. The game was virtually dead even, with EWU putting up better numbers on offense, the Griz putting up better numbers on special teams. No one can deny that the poor officiating DID have an effect on the final outcome of the game. I'm not saying we would have won if it was reffed correctly, but those bogus calls did extend some drives and snuff others, for both teams.

There is the key though, it just comes across to me as sour grapes. You should stop going to egriz, you won't be so angry with us. :D

JALMOND
November 2nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
There is the key though, it just comes across to me as sour grapes. You should stop going to egriz, you won't be so angry with us. :D

That's actually one New Year's resolution I've kept all year so far. Do not go on egriz.:Dxnodx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 2nd, 2009, 10:24 PM

It's not sour grapes at all. I give the Griz respect... they're a great team. But so is EWU. If we played each other 10 times this year, I think EWU would win 4 or 5 of them*.

*Edit: if Aaron Boyce were healthy and playing.

Green26
November 2nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
I, and most Montana fans, give good respect to EWU.

However, I don't give respect to posters, including those from EWU, who don't know what they are talking about, who obviously never played the game, and who make statements like this:

"We out played Montana IN MONTANA in every aspect of the game", except the score.

Does this sound familiar Screaming Eagle? You are doing a good job of giving EWU fans a bad name? Your comment was both wrong and dumb.

Had UM played EWU last Saturday, UM would have won 42-14.

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2009, 11:52 PM
From a fan-base perspective, think only the most deranged eGriz posters fail to give EWU some serious respect. The Eagles always - and I mean ALWAYS - play the Griz tough, even in off years, and visits to Cheney always make me nervous.

eGriz is very much a homer site - everyone should treat it as such (Griz fans included).

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2009, 12:52 AM
I, and most Montana fans, give good respect to EWU.

However, I don't give respect to posters, including those from EWU, who don't know what they are talking about, who obviously never played the game, and who make statements like this:

"We out played Montana IN MONTANA in every aspect of the game", except the score.

Does this sound familiar Screaming Eagle? You are doing a good job of giving EWU fans a bad name? Your comment was both wrong and dumb.

Had UM played EWU last Saturday, UM would have won 42-14.

My comment was neither wrong nor dumb, only perhaps worded in not the best way. Of course not in EVERY aspect, because our special teams is horrible. But in all the major stats: Passing yards, Rushing Yards, Total Yards, and Time of Possession, EWU did outplay Montana. The numbers don't lie. I'm sorry if you can't accept that.

Special Teams and Officiating cost us the game.

bpcats
November 3rd, 2009, 01:14 AM
Ironic...

MSU has played without 7 starters on defense for most of the season and without their kicker, or punter/backup kicker yet led in all major stats passing yards, rushing yards, total yards, and time of of possession, MSU did outplay EWU the numbers don't lie. I'm sorry if you can't accept that.

Special teams and Officiating cost us the game.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
Ironic...

MSU has played without 7 starters on defense for most of the season and without their kicker, or punter/backup kicker yet led in all major stats passing yards, rushing yards, total yards, and time of of possession, MSU did outplay EWU the numbers don't lie. I'm sorry if you can't accept that.

Special teams and Officiating cost us the game.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I've never denied MSU outplayed us. But, like most of the Griz fans would say about the game against EWU, I'm just glad we got the win.

Green26
November 3rd, 2009, 05:10 AM
Too funny, Eagle. Look at your post: "My comment was neither wrong nor dumb, only perhaps worded in not the best way. Of course not in EVERY aspect, because our special teams is horrible. But in all the major stats: Passing yards, Rushing Yards, Total Yards, and Time of Possession, EWU did outplay Montana."

You say in your first sentence that your post wasn't "wrong". Then you admit that what you said originally, i.e. that EWU had outplayed UM "in every respect", was wrong.

I'm sorry, Eagle, but it is not true that passing yards, rushing yards, total yards and time of possession" are not ALL the major stats. Scoring is THE major stat. Special teams have various "major" stats. Defensive has major stats, including redzone scoring defense, 4th down conversion defense, and sacks.

Yes, it's true that EWU had more of some offensive stats, having more yardage frequently doesn't translate into winning a game. Having better offensive stats doesn't necessarily translate into "outplaying" the other team. These are two examples of why I don't think you understand the game.

Blaming the loss on the officiating is just pathetic. Bad and missed calls hurt the Griz just as much as they hurt EWU.

Blazerbird
November 3rd, 2009, 04:23 PM
I don't really care if the Eagles never beat the Griz again. I'm only really happy once Eastern is in the playoffs and wins. For those who hang their season on a win against a conference rival, I suggest joining the hundreds of Cougar fans who get excited for the Apple Cup.

gbhmt
November 3rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
My comment was neither wrong nor dumb, only perhaps worded in not the best way. Of course not in EVERY aspect, because our special teams is horrible. But in all the major stats: Passing yards, Rushing Yards, Total Yards, and Time of Possession, EWU did outplay Montana. The numbers don't lie. I'm sorry if you can't accept that.

Special Teams and Officiating cost us the game.

Close, but no cigar. Your offense's inability to convert on fourth down cost you the game.

kalm
November 3rd, 2009, 08:24 PM
Too funny, Eagle. Look at your post: "My comment was neither wrong nor dumb, only perhaps worded in not the best way. Of course not in EVERY aspect, because our special teams is horrible. But in all the major stats: Passing yards, Rushing Yards, Total Yards, and Time of Possession, EWU did outplay Montana."

You say in your first sentence that your post wasn't "wrong". Then you admit that what you said originally, i.e. that EWU had outplayed UM "in every respect", was wrong.

I'm sorry, Eagle, but it is not true that passing yards, rushing yards, total yards and time of possession" are not ALL the major stats. Scoring is THE major stat. Special teams have various "major" stats. Defensive has major stats, including redzone scoring defense, 4th down conversion defense, and sacks.

Yes, it's true that EWU had more of some offensive stats, having more yardage frequently doesn't translate into winning a game. Having better offensive stats doesn't necessarily translate into "outplaying" the other team. These are two examples of why I don't think you understand the game.

Blaming the loss on the officiating is just pathetic. Bad and missed calls hurt the Griz just as much as they hurt EWU.

Most Griz fans I know or talked to after the game would say that just like in 2007, Montana was very fortunate to win. In general they respect EWU because we're the one team that doesn't **** their pants when you have it first down on the opening drive of the first quarter and 25,000 fans are on their feet with the noise echoing off Mount Sentinel and you know they will rarely sit down the rest of the game.

Eastern outplayed Montana in nearly every offensive category, but as mentioned, lost the game on 4th down and in special teams. The officiating influenced the outcome especially the missed block in the back in front of the ref that caused a late hit on the game winning drive for UM. The Griz would have punted to Nichols who they had trouble stopping in the second half with two minutes in change to go. But just like injuries you have to be strong enough to overcome bad calls.

However, if EWU had won, I'm guessing officiating would have been the number one pathetic excuse posted on egriz.

Montana wins these type of games because they are the complete package, have great depth, and WGS.

Boy would I like another crack at them.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
Like I thought.. all the mod's here have hidden agenda's and make up infractions against members whom they don't like. You're all a bunch of f u c king cowards. All you're doing is causing everyone to go over to CHAMPIONSHIPSUBDIVISION.COM and never come back to this pathetic site. It is truly amazing that so many immature cowards subjectively moderate this place without any accountability or repercussions for their actions. Go **** yourselves **** stains!!!

GrizzlyBill
November 3rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
I've never denied MSU outplayed us. But, like most of the Griz fans would say about the game against EWU, I'm just glad we got the win.

There has been more than one such win eked out by the Griz this year. The Griz are pretty loaded, but you still gotta have luck.

JALMOND
November 3rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Most Griz fans I know or talked to after the game would say that just like in 2007, Montana was very fortunate to win. In general they respect EWU because we're the one team that doesn't **** their pants when you have it first down on the opening drive of the first quarter and 25,000 fans are on their feet with the noise echoing off Mount Sentinel and you know they will rarely sit down the rest of the game.

When the Griz play PSU, they tell us the same thing, that we have a great team and they were fortunate to get the win. I suspect they say the same about every team in the conference, except maybe Montana State.:D

WyomingGrizFan
November 3rd, 2009, 10:58 PM
From a fan-base perspective, think only the most deranged eGriz posters fail to give EWU some serious respect. The Eagles always - and I mean ALWAYS - play the Griz tough, even in off years, and visits to Cheney always make me nervous.

eGriz is very much a homer site - everyone should treat it as such (Griz fans included).

Well, there was that one game way back in 1995 wherein the Griz took it to the Screamin' Eagles 63 - 7; but that was played in a mudbowl somewhere in Eastern Washington, or thereabouts. But I'd have to agree, EWU does have a burr up there ass when it comes to playing the Griz. Couple games could have gone either way; blocked FGs helped. Fumbles by EWU RBs when they got a clear 80 yds open field ahead of them, etc., etc., etc. Got to admit, the games against them have been, huh, entertaining; at least when the Griz win I can always breathe easlier for the rest of the year. Outside of one lopsided game in some twenty years most have been a nailbitter. Got to give them credit for that. Hate to have to play them twice in the same year but that's up to EWU to win out until then. Griz as well. If EWU gets in the Playoffs I hope they're in a different bracket; not like Weber St. was last year. This regional pairing is a bunch of ....They ought to seed eight teams at least and have it more east versus west. I think members of the Southland Conference can agree with that one.

kalm
November 4th, 2009, 07:26 AM
When the Griz play PSU, they tell us the same thing, that we have a great team and they were fortunate to get the win. I suspect they say the same about every team in the conference, except maybe Montana State.:D

I imagine they do, but the results might suggest they really mean it in the case of EWU.

Also,

In regards to the earlier comment about EWU not making the big plays:

M. Nichols 32/49 312 yards 3 td's

T. Jones 17 145 8.5 1 td long of 52

A. Boyce 7 114 16.3 1 long of 50

EWU Total Yards 489

Perhaps big plays only count during special teams.

I hate it when people who probably never played football or probably weren't at this game make stupid comments. ;)