PDA

View Full Version : Montana Coach Hauck speaks to school newspaper

Poker Alan
October 28th, 2009, 07:37 AM
The silence is over, article from the Missoulian...

Hauck speaks (http://www.missoulian.com/news/local/article_b29dc8a8-c37c-11de-aa37-001cc4c03286.html)

By CHELSI MOY of the Missoulian | Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:05 pm |

A deafening silence broke on Tuesday afternoon when Griz football coach Bobby Hauck decided to end more than a month's worth of stonewalling University of Montana student reporters, essentially putting to rest a story that had catapulted the coach into the national spotlight.

Hauck opened his weekly press conference in the Adams Center by saying: "There are some serious things in life and there are some things in life that are not serious. One of the things that is not serious is who is talking to whom ... and the why of that.

"So I - because I can only speak for myself - will move forward from this date in a positive manner in terms of this press conference and the ones after our games."

Afterward, when asked what spurred this change of opinion, Hauck said it was personal and would not elaborate.

Read more...

mcveyrl
October 28th, 2009, 07:50 AM
"So, do you have a football question?" Hauck asked.

"Yes, sir," Alger replied.

"All right," Hauck said. "I like it when you treat your elders like that."

I'm guessing that came off better in person than on paper. I'm sure he said it in a joking way.

Either way, good for him and the program. I think considering everything that's the best they could've handled it.

Poker Alan
October 28th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I'm guessing that came off better in person than on paper. I'm sure he said it in a joking way.

Either way, good for him and the program. I think considering everything that's the best they could've handled it.

Agreed, and I would have hoped that comment was said in a joking tone, as well. No sense getting off on the wrong foot on question 1...

grizzpaw
October 28th, 2009, 08:08 AM
funny that the truth about "why the fight" happen is NOT getting out - but should! then the frat would have MAJOR problems!

Houndawg
October 28th, 2009, 08:33 AM
funny that the truth about "why the fight" happen is NOT getting out - but should! then the frat would have MAJOR problems!

Well? Which was it: poon or drugs?

aggiemba
October 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I guess Huack caved to all the national attention this was getting. I guess he saw the writing on the wall with regards to future FBS prospects if he didn't turn the ship around.

Eight Legger
October 28th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Good to see an adult acting like an adult.

Tailbone
October 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I guess Huack caved to all the national attention this was getting. I guess he saw the writing on the wall with regards to future FBS prospects if he didn't turn the ship around.

Yeah, I'm sure he wasn't thinking that this was an unnecessary distraction to a team approaching the play-offs.

I'm hoping UCD somehow makes the play-offs and a trip to Missoula.
Montana will leave you with some lingering reason to hate all things Griz, to sustain your animosity throughout the year.

Merry Christmas.

MplsBison
October 28th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Boooo.

The media have no rights. They have the privilege to report on Montana athletics and should respect that.

aggiemba
October 28th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I'm sure he wasn't thinking that this was an unnecessary distraction to a team approaching the play-offs.

I'm hoping UCD somehow makes the play-offs and a trip to Missoula.
Montana will leave you with some lingering reason to hate all things Griz, to sustain your animosity throughout the year.

Merry Christmas.

I hope so also. We'll get you guys this time. xwhistlex

Screamin_Eagle174
October 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Awww, Baby Hauck is growing up!

xbabycryx ---> xeyebrowx ---> xpeacex

kirkblitz
October 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM
he is still a bitch for doing this to his own schools paper.

grizzpaw
October 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
he is still a bitch for doing this to his own schools paper.

you almost have that right! she (kaiman editor) is still a cu.. for doing this to HER own schoolxnonoxxoopsx

Montanan
October 28th, 2009, 02:28 PM
WOW, two personal attacks on AGS in back-to-back posts. my bad, AGS Mods would never allow that. would Mods clarify "personal attack" because it's still unclear as to what they are. thank you in advance. xlolx

as for being a baby, we will have to defer to your vast personal experience xnodx.

as for anything bi*ch, again we defer to you, given you did get 3 credits for life experience, right? xnodx

Eight Legger
October 28th, 2009, 02:34 PM
you almost have that right! she (kaiman editor) is still a cu.. for doing this to HER own schoolxnonoxxoopsx

So, suppose three players for your rival Montana State allegedly raped a girl on campus, but the girl never pressed charges for some reason, and later on the school paper there got wind of it, spoke to a few witnesses who gave their names and told what they had seen and the paper ran an article. Would you still stand up behind your logic then?

Squealofthepig
October 28th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah! How dare a reporter not be complicit in (what could fairly be perceived as) a cover-up! I cry foul on the Kaimin!

Seriously, both sides behaved badly, and I'm hoping this is behind the Griz program. Hauck should have taken the high road and remembered that Montana is just as much a journalism school as a football school, and gritted it out while the Kaimin was a bit of a thorn in its side (part of any school paper is to be a pita to the administration, after all).

And the Kaimin should have done a better job of violating the journalistic rule of not becoming the story they were reporting on.

Uncle Rico's Clan
October 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
So, suppose three players for your rival Montana State allegedly raped a girl on campus, but the girl never pressed charges for some reason, and later on the school paper there got wind of it, spoke to a few witnesses who gave their names and told what they had seen and the paper ran an article. Would you still stand up behind your logic then?

Wow, you are comparing a gang rape to a skirmish between a football player and a frat boy, classy.

kirkblitz
October 28th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Either way him participating in a cover up should land him jail time or at least a suspension of his job, i guess montana only cares about winning. Following the law and setting good examples for students dont mean jack up there xcoffeex

gbhmt
October 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Either way him participating in a cover up should land him jail time or at least a suspension of his job, i guess montana only cares about winning. Following the law and setting good examples for students dont mean jack up there xcoffeex

Following the law, like, the laws that bound him not to disclose details of the incident? Well put, buddy.

Eight Legger
October 28th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Wow, you are comparing a gang rape to a skirmish between a football player and a frat boy, classy.

I wasn't comparing anything to anything. Grizzpaw seems to think that a student journalist should never write anything negative about his or her own school, so I was giving another example and asking his opinion, that's all.

Silenoz
October 28th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Well clearly you know the facts of the story...

Dblue
October 28th, 2009, 06:03 PM

I don't think the coach handled it in the best possible manner, but maybe your comment was a little harsh. Jail?xrotatehx
Come on dude get real.

grizchamp
October 28th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Well? Which was it: poon or drugs?

Someone stole a guy's Massengill. He blamed it on the black guy because he figured everyone else at the frat party already had some. Then of course a fight ensued.