PDA

View Full Version : MEAC - Week 9 Predictions

DSUrocks07
October 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Now were in the stretch run of the MEAC football season. Another major threat to SC State's road to the conference title fell by the wayside as the Hornets of Delaware State upset the Bears at their Homecoming in Dover last week. But now those same Hornets travel down to Orangeburg to face the Bulldogs this week. The task is easy for SCSU, win out and the title is yours, but if the Hornets do the "impossible"...then the last three weeks will be very interesting. xnodx

In other MEAC action, the Hampton Pirates travel to the no longer winless (but still D2 bound) WSSU Rams, the struggling Wildcats of Bethune-Cookman look to get back on track against North Carolina A&T in Greensboro, and the Bison of Howard look to pick up their first conference win against the offensive-minded Spartans of Norfolk State.

MEAC game of the week: FAMU @ MSU
Florida A&M, coming off of their bounce back game against Norfolk State, will travel up to Morgan State's home field as they look to seize control of 2nd place in the conference and hope for some help from their conference mates to snake in to the AQ, but the Rattlers will need the Bulldogs to lose twice or force a three way tie with themselves and Morgan to have a chance. The Bears however still have control of their destiny as they have a chance to still win the MEAC outright with their game with SC State upcoming in two weeks.

GAMES THIS WEEK:

Howard (2-5) @ Norfolk State (3-4)
1:00pm

Bethune-Cookman (2-5) @ North Carolina A&T (5-3)
1:30pm

Delaware State (2-5) @ South Carolina State (6-1)

Hampton (3-4) @ Winston-Salem State (1-6)
2:00pm

Florida A&M (5-2) @ Morgan State (5-2)
4:00pm

WestCoastAggie
October 26th, 2009, 03:46 PM
MEAC UPSET SPECIAL:

Winston Salem State beats Hampton and wins their Homecoming Game!

BulldogWillie
October 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Now were in the stretch run of the MEAC football season. Another major threat to SC State's road to the conference title fell by the wayside as the Hornets of Delaware State upset the Bears at their Homecoming in Dover last week. But now those same Hornets travel down to Orangeburg to face the Bulldogs this week. The task is easy for SCSU, win out and the title is yours, but if the Hornets do the "impossible"...then the last three weeks will be very interesting. xnodx

In other MEAC action, the Hampton Pirates travel to the no longer winless (but still D2 bound) WSSU Rams, the struggling Wildcats of Bethune-Cookman look to get back on track against North Carolina A&T in Greensboro, and the Bison of Howard look to pick up their first conference win against the offensive-minded Spartans of Norfolk State.

MEAC game of the week: FAMU @ MSU
Florida A&M, coming off of their bounce back game against Norfolk State, will travel up to Morgan State's home field as they look to seize control of 2nd place in the conference and hope for some help from their conference mates to snake in to the AQ, but the Rattlers will need the Bulldogs to lose twice or force a three way tie with themselves and Morgan to have a chance. The Bears however still have control of their destiny as they have a chance to still win the MEAC outright with their game with SC State upcoming in two weeks.

GAMES THIS WEEK:

1:00pm

2:00pm

4:00pm

Yeah,yeah,yeah. Yada,yada,yada. Don't mind DelState,huh? Somebody call the Orkin man. DelState,YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ON THE CLOCK! AND ITS ABOUT TO GET CLEANED!xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

iceman4221
October 27th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Yeah, the SCSU Bulldogs are "shivering in there cleats" worrying about DSU and Morgan State... xrolleyesx

All they have to do is focus & execute the coaching staffs game plan and these games are a mere formality, eclipsing in another FCS Playoffs Autobid... xnodx

"Recollection Recall" - the game against FAMU on Oct 17, 2009... xwhistlex

DSUrocks07
October 27th, 2009, 07:57 AM
The task is easy for SCSU, win out and the title is yours, but if the Hornets do the "impossible"...then the last three weeks will be very interesting. xnodx

All they have to do is focus & execute the coaching staffs game plan and these games are a mere formality, eclipsing in another FCS Playoffs Autobid... xnodx

xrolleyesx xoopsx

B&G
October 27th, 2009, 09:11 AM
-- Norfolk 38-7, NSU takes out some frustrations on the Bison

-- NC A&T 19-14

-- SCSU 31-20

-- Hampton 26-14

-- FAMU 28-10

MoBear
October 27th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Howard@Norfolk I like Norfolk in this game. Howard has a star WR with no QB to go with him. No running game and no defense I just see Bell having a day like the one he had against Bethune-Cookman. I also see Branch doing his thing. I donthink it may be time for NSU to go with there backup QB to see what they are working with next season. Brown is just not the guy. I think this team has enough talent to be better then what they are.
NSU-27 HoU-10

Bethune-Cookman@North Carolina A&T I don't know about this game. NCA&T doesn't have much of an offense but there defense is really good. BCC is just not the team they were last year. There running game is just being stopped. I only see BCC winning one more game this season. This is not the one.
NCA&T-20 BCC-13

Delaware State@South Carolina State Sorry i'm going with gut and saying that SCSU will go undefeated in conference play for the second straight year. Glaud make DSU better but they just don't have enough for the Bulldogs but I will say this I expected better from SCSU last weekend. This maybe another they don't beat down there opponet.
SCSU-27 DSU-14

Hampton@Winston-Salem State I just don't know about Hampton this year. They should be alot better then they are. Coker is running well the defense is not great but decent. Bynes is not a bad QB. I just don't know why this team is 3-4. WSSU is just not good. I don't see them winning unless Hampton is just lays an egg.
HiU-17 WSSU-13

Florida A&M@Morgan State This would have been a must see game had MSU beat DSU last week. Now MSU has to beat FAMU to get back into the hunt of winning the conference. That will not be easy FAMU is still pissed off that they lost to SCSU and they are also pissed off that MSU had beaten them 2 years in a row. This team is focused and they are going to need some halp from other teams around the FCS to lose so they can make there way back into the top 25.
FAMU-30 MSU-16

RattlerFan70
October 27th, 2009, 12:00 PM

BulldogWillie
October 27th, 2009, 03:33 PM
The Florida A&M/Morgan State should be the MEAC's Game of the Week. Both teams are fighting to stay in the thick of a playoff chase.

WestCoastAggie
October 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I like how everything is shaping up for A&T to play spoiler xwhistlex

DSUrocks07
October 30th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I like how everything is shaping up for A&T to play spoiler xwhistlex

Isn't that what they do every year? xwhistlex xlolx

A&T is on the rise again. If we all can win some OOCs starting next year our rep will rise as well.