PDA

View Full Version : Richie Williams for Sainthood....

Appstate03
December 17th, 2005, 01:56 PM
And the rest of the Defense too.

I know Richie stats for this game weren't "richie-esque" but him playing in this game with his ankle as bad as it seemed, was amazing and it helped pump the team up and lead us to victory, a la Willis reed. I am glad the best QB in Appalachian and Southern Confernce history could end his career the best way possible, with our first Championship.

You cannot say enough about the defense in this game, either. We should not have even been in the game in the end. To give up only 1 TD on the three penalties in the first half was ridiculous. They stepped in up when needed and helped show that App was by far the most balanced team in I-AA this year.

I hate that the season is over and that I will never get to see Williams, Hunter, Kelly, Suitor, Little, Orlebar, Johnson, West, Corning, Oliver, and Elsener again. But I cannot wait for next year when we bring back the majority of this Championship team and get to "go for two." :hyped:

ngineer
December 17th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I think his limping down the field with his team and pulling them to victory ranks up there with Kirk Gibson's famous limp around the bases after his home run in the World Series. A great sports moment and shows the heart of a champion.

ASU Kep
December 17th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Richie's performance was nothing short of heroic. Unbelieveable, I'll never forget it.

Wellington
December 18th, 2005, 01:08 AM
I am still impressed with his dedication towards the team, and the win. :bow: