PDA

View Full Version : CAA Predictions for 10-31-09 (Week 9)

seattlespider
October 25th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Saturday, October 31

12:00 PM ET James Madison at Delaware
12:00 PM ET Northeastern at New Hampshire
1:00 PM ET Richmond at Towson
1:00 PM ET William & Mary at Rhode Island
3:30 PM ET Massachusetts at Maine

Not any particularly intriguing matchups this week (i.e. "Game of the Week"), but a couple of teams who likely need to win out to have a shot at the playoffs.

12:00 PM ET James Madison at Delaware

Delaware needs to win 3 of the last 4 (and Navy?) to be in the at-large playoffs conversation. My hatred for JMU aside, they are obviously done for this season and playing spoiler. Delaware in a blowout, 42-7.

12:00 PM ET Northeastern at New Hampshire

Northeastern obviously hasn't shown much of anything this year. The 'Cats are coming off a scare vs. Hofstra. They get back on track at home, 45-10.

1:00 PM ET William & Mary at Rhode Island

URI is another team that hasn't shown anything this year, losing to Towson at home. They'll have to wait until the end of the season to pick up a conference win. The Tribe are obviously looking to bigger things. Any chance for a letdown? Nah, Tribe wins in yet another laugher, 37-3.

3:30 PM ET Massachusetts at Maine

I suppose that this is the game of the week in the sense that UMASS needs to win out to get in the At-Large talk, and that this will probably be the most competitive game of the week. Maine put up a good fight vs. Richmond for a half, then completely fell apart. UMASS put up a decent effort vs. Richmond, but were undone by turnovers. Notwithstanding the QB problems, UMASS gets back on track in the closest game of the week, 23-17.

1:00 PM ET Richmond at Towson

This series have been very competive since 2005, with both teams winning two games, including a heartbreaker of a game in 2007, which Towson won in the final seconds. UR got even last year, and Towson has obviously struggled this year. UR has what is shaping up to be the "Game of the Year" (until the next one) agains 'Nova the following week. UR did have problems on offense, which was partly a function of horrible weather. I expect no chance of a letdown in anticipation of the big game vs. Nova. UR wins going away, 47-13.