PDA

View Full Version : could coach rich be out a southern?

SU Jag
October 25th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I was back in town this weekend at the lsu game with my wife this weekend, and I ran into a few su alums who say coach richardson could be out after this season. Su has not made it to the swac title game since 2004(my senior year) and in su times, that's too long! With the pv on the rise a few boosters have their eyes on pv's coach. I hope that coach is able to get everything turned around but it seems that he might not get that chance.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2009, 05:29 PM
How much does Henry Frazier III get paid at Prairie View? How much can Southern pay him?

I figured Texas Southern would attempt to lure him since Johnnie Cole is having marginal success, if you want to call it that and Charlie Mac loves to get those PV guys to build up his programs, because he made good hires there...

SU Jag
October 25th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Whatever it is southern can beat it. In hbcu football if grambling, southern, famu, or jackson st comes after your coach, they usually leave with him.

Panther88
October 25th, 2009, 05:55 PM
How much does Henry Frazier III get paid at Prairie View? How much can Southern pay him?

I figured Texas Southern would attempt to lure him since Johnnie Cole is having marginal success, if you want to call it that and Charlie Mac loves to get those PV guys to build up his programs, because he made good hires there...

I think Coach F, III is @ 120,000 per year + incentive bonuses. I'm sure SU could cover since they're currently paying Pete 200,000 per year.

Better make it worth it though... I've noted in the recent past where certain schools xreadx offered upwards of 210,000 to HFIII and of course, he declined and I won't elaborate on the reasonings why but let me state this... he loves the area he's currently in. xreadx

SU Jag
October 25th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I think Coach F, III is @ 120,000 per year + incentive bonuses. I'm sure SU could cover since they're currently paying Pete 200,000 per year.

Better make it worth it though... I've noted in the recent past where certain schools xreadx offered upwards of 210,000 to HFIII and of course, he declined and I won't elaborate on the reasonings why but let me state this... he loves the area he's currently in. xreadx

Coach northern is also a name that's being thrown out around the swac page. It amazing how much coach richardson is a victim of his own sucess. When he got to su the football program had seen better days but he made winning swac champioships the standard at southern and since its been 6 years since we've won one, the alumni want change now. Our ad already knows his days are numbered, I just they give pete another year.

R.A.
October 25th, 2009, 06:16 PM

And that make sense. He seems like the type of coach that enjoys going to the smaller HBCUs and building them up.

Bowie State is still winning even after Frazier left.

Turning Prairie View back into the power it was during the 1950s is enticing for a coach, and East Texas is a recruiting goldmine.

I wouldn't leave Prairie View for Southern.

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 25th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I was back in town this weekend at the lsu game with my wife this weekend, and I ran into a few su alums who say coach richardson could be out after this season. Su has not made it to the swac title game since 2004(my senior year) and in su times, that's too long! With the pv on the rise a few boosters have their eyes on pv's coach. I hope that coach is able to get everything turned around but it seems that he might not get that chance.

Nobody @ SU wants Frazier. SU folks want Calvin McGee point blank.

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 25th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't leave Prairie View for Southern.

Have you seen Southern's facilities compared to PVU's even though I hear PV is getting a new stadium, it wont be able to compare.

SU Jag
October 25th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Nobody @ SU wants Frazier. SU folks want Calvin McGee point blank.

Mcgee's name never came up. Frazier's name did though. I just can't imagine an su sideline without coach rich. What's so special about mcgee? Frazier would be my number 1.

R.A.
October 25th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Have you seen Southern's facilities compared to PVU's even though I hear PV is getting a new stadium, it wont be able to compare.

Apparently, it doesn't have to compare for the Panthers to beat the Jags.

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Apparently, it doesn't have to compare for the Panthers to beat the Jags.

Coaching

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Mcgee's name never came up. Frazier's name did though. I just can't imagine an su sideline without coach rich. What's so special about mcgee? Frazier would be my number 1.

Are you in the private forum. We have been talking about McGee for years lol.

SU Jag
October 26th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Are you in the private forum. We have been talking about McGee for years lol.

I know that, every year I hear the talk about rich rod's boy mcgee. But imo, frazier's record has a head coach, coupled by what he has done at bowie and pv makes him number 1 over mcgee. We'll see though, its all speculation now.

TSUalum05
October 26th, 2009, 07:40 AM
But imo, frazier's record has a head coach, coupled by what he has done at bowie and pv makes him number 1 over mcgee. We'll see though, its all speculation now.

That makes great sense - it would make logical sense to hire him away from PV simply because he has relationships with certain high school coaches in the South already. I don't know anything about McGee but Frazier has done wonders with PV.

If I were Frazier, I would not leave for SU. Point blank. To me, that is a lateral move for more $$ in which he would have to start all over bringing in a new system and his type of players. He could spend the next few years beating SU and hopefully moving up to FBS as a position coach or coordinator then eventually a head coaching position.

If its about money he should go. If it's about seeing it through, its about PV until a better opportunity arises and I don't think any SWAC school is a better opportunity than what he's building in PV.

TSUalum05
October 26th, 2009, 07:54 AM

He may be good for SHSU since your alumni are calling for your coach's head!

We WILL NOT try to LURE him over to TSU.

3rd Coast Tiger
October 26th, 2009, 10:01 AM

You're right...

Fraizer could do wonders up in Huntsville but he's getting paid more in Alta Vista than "TrueJack" is getting paid now.

Oh yeah.... we're not attempting to lure him to 3100 Cleburne.

txstatebobcat
October 26th, 2009, 10:24 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Heck if our coach loses more than two games from here on out (entirely possible) chances of getting a new contract would be slim. I would be extremely exited if TxSt hired Frazier.

Panther88
October 26th, 2009, 11:48 AM

Ours will be tops and no one in the SWAC will be able to touch it in terms of amenities and features. I've seen 4 renderings which have seating capacity @ 25K-32K expandable up to 42K-50K respectively inclusive of classrooms et al features throughout the stadium. :) We're quite involved (some of us alums anyway lol) and we're also in Texas w/ the support of OUR A&M System, you know how we're going to do it and it won't be "2nd" class. xthumbsupx

The "SWAC" isn't in our bigger picture but it certainly is in our current picture btw. We're headed in a certain direction w/ an ultimate stop. ;)

Panther88
October 26th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Unless aTm OR *** or **** seduces Coach FIII, he's not going anywhere else in Texas. I've spoken w/ great length w/ him regarding this so you all can squash the lateral SWAC and FCS move talk. lol

It's funny to read your comments though. xlolx

iceman4221
October 26th, 2009, 11:58 AM

Yep, HC Richardson is a victim of his own success...

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Ours will be tops and no one in the SWAC will be able to touch it in terms of amenities and features. I've seen 4 renderings which have seating capacity @ 25K-32K expandable up to 42K-50K respectively inclusive of classrooms et al features throughout the stadium. :) We're quite involved (some of us alums anyway lol) and we're also in Texas w/ the support of OUR A&M System, you know how we're going to do it and it won't be "2nd" class. xthumbsupx

So your weightroom will cost 17.5 million. I very seriously doubt that.

Panther88
October 26th, 2009, 02:41 PM
So your weightroom will cost 17.5 million. I very seriously doubt that.

I'm still looking for the 17.5 million $$$ weight room's effect from last Thurs night. xconfusedx Ours cost a whopping 90,000$ w/ a TON of donations and obviously, our kids actually use it religeously since it's been noted how they've been pushing ppl around and running over them, etc. Would you not agree? xconfusedx

BTW, our weight room will be a separate free standing structure along w/ the enclosed practice field. xthumbsupxxbowxxreadx Gotta' love what we're about to do huh? xcoffeex

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 26th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I'm still looking for the 17.5 million $$$ weight room's effect from last Thurs night. xconfusedx Ours cost a whopping 90,000$ w/ a TON of donations and obviously, our kids actually use it religeously since it's been noted how they've been pushing ppl around and running over them, etc. Would you not agree? xconfusedx

No I dont agree. SU was pushing PV around. PV's running game wasnt effective, while SU was running at will especially the 3rd and 4th quarter. PV's defense did alot of gambling, putting extra people in the box, to stop SU's running game, while Pete stayed in base defense.

You the one mentioned your stadium would be head and shoulders above any other in the SWAC. With what SU has in that facility I very seriously doubt it.

The only reason PV beat SU was coaching. SU had the SUperior athletes, just like last season.

WestCoastAggie
October 26th, 2009, 03:05 PM

xwhistlex

We are HAPPY with our decision in Greensboro!

Panther88
October 26th, 2009, 03:27 PM
No I dont agree. SU was pushing PV around. PV's running game wasnt effective, while SU was running at will especially the 3rd and 4th quarter. PV's defense did alot of gambling, putting extra people in the box, to stop SU's running game, while Pete stayed in base defense.

You the one mentioned your stadium would be head and shoulders above any other in the SWAC. With what SU has in that facility I very seriously doubt it.

The only reason PV beat SU was coaching. SU had the SUperior athletes, just like last season.

Why didn't these "SUperior" athletes win fall 2009? Fall 2008? Fall 2007 w/out the "trickery?" lol Or better yet, fall 2006? xlolx Right.

Surely we won't blame coaching for 3 of 4 losses and 1 "fluke" victory, eh? If so, why are they still there? xconfusedx Y'all satisfied w/ their performance vs the current opponent for 4 contiguous yrs?

LOL @ "SUperior" student-athletes. Be thankful the field was atrocious and leveled the competition between the two. xcoffeex See you all Feb 2010 on nat'l signing day, we'll win there too. xreadx

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Why didn't these "SUperior" athletes win fall 2009? Fall 2008? Fall 2007 w/out the "trickery?" lol Or better yet, fall 2006? xlolx Right.

Surely we won't blame coaching for 3 of 4 losses and 1 "fluke" victory, eh? If so, why are they still there? xconfusedx Y'all satisfied w/ their performance vs the current opponent for 4 contiguous yrs?

LOL @ "SUperior" student-athletes. Be thankful the field was atrocious and leveled the competition between the two. xcoffeex See you all Feb 2010 on nat'l signing day, we'll win there too. xreadx

PV's first victory SU was winning what 20-3 with 3:00 minutes in the 4th and the ball deep in PV territory, and lost. Coaching. Last season SU was winning 17-3 @ half and lost coaching. This season SU was winning 14-10 4th, 2nd and 10 deep in PV territory and threw the ball behind the line of scrimmage 2 plays in a row xsmhx, when no one on PV's team could check Stewart. Then to run a kicker out there that hadnt made a kick all season. Coaching.

Panther88
October 26th, 2009, 04:13 PM
PV's first victory SU was winning what 20-3 with 3:00 minutes in the 4th and the ball deep in PV territory, and lost. Coaching. Last season SU was winning 17-3 @ half and lost coaching. This season SU was winning 14-10 4th, 2nd and 10 deep in PV territory and threw the ball behind the line of scrimmage 2 plays in a row xsmhx, when no one on PV's team could check Stewart. Then to run a kicker out there that hadnt made a kick all season. Coaching.

SU's excuse-> coaching.

Okay. We won 3 of 4 and the 4th was a "fluke." If that helps you sleep @ night. xbowx

Good job.

Bigmoneymike
October 28th, 2009, 09:58 PM
SU's excuse-> coaching.

Okay. We won 3 of 4 and the 4th was a "fluke." If that helps you sleep @ night. xbowx

Good job.

I would be excited if I were you to. I mean it feels good to finally beat a team that has crushed you for years and years and years. Good job panther.xsmiley_wix

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 28th, 2009, 11:30 PM
SU's excuse-> coaching.

Good job.

Look at the stats. SU dominated each one of those games lol.

Team Totals PVAM SU
FIRST DOWNS 15 21
Rushing 6 8
Passing 8 12
Penalty 1 1
NET YARDS RUSHING 106 125
Rushing Attempts 35 30
Average Per Rush 3.0 4.2
Rushing Touchdowns 1 1
Yards Gained Rushing 138 159
Yards Lost Rushing 32 34
NET YARDS PASSING 165 285
Completions-Attempts-Int 13-22-1 25-36-0
Average Per Attempt 7.5 7.9
Average Per Completion 12.7 11.4
Passing Touchdowns 1 1
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 271 410
Total offense plays 57 66
Average Gain Per Play 4.8 6.2
Fumbles: Number-Lost 1-0 2-1
Penalties: Number-Yards 7-66 8-72
PUNTS-YARDS 6-236 6-197
Average Yards Per Punt 39.3 32.8
Net Yards Per Punt 36.2 30.3
Inside 20 3 1
50+ Yards 1 0
Touchbacks 1 0
Fair catch 0 2
KICKOFFS-YARDS 4-235 3-176
Average Yards Per Kickoff 58.8 58.7
Net Yards Per Kickoff 43.0 31.0
Touchbacks 1 0
Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD 2-15-0 2--1-0
Average Per Return 7.5 -0.5
Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 3-83-0 3-43-0
Average Per Return 27.7 14.3
Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 1-15-0
Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 0-0-0
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Possession Time 30:49 29:11
1st Quarter 7:46 7:14
2nd Quarter 7:17 7:43
3rd Quarter 7:03 7:57
4th Quarter 8:43 6:17
Third-Down Conversions 6 of 13 4 of 13
Fourth-Down Conversions 0 of 0 2 of 2
Red-Zone Scores-Chances 2-3 1-2
Sacks By: Number-Yards 0-0 3-13
PAT Kicks 1-2 2-2
Field Goals

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Does Pete's contract run out this year?

We know Cador's new contract upset people, especially since he was not at the end of the day getting the UNO job - despite things he said to the SU faithful. What you say could come back to hurt you, probably explains why SU is no longer on the UNO schedule in '11 - though RPI may have something to do with it too.

Anyhow - SU has to walk a delicate line when it comes to how much $$$ they are willing to pay to a new coach and how much of a 'bidding war' they could get in.

TSUalum05
October 29th, 2009, 08:12 AM
SU JAG TILL....

Bottom line, this is not fantasy football where its all about stats. Its about W's and L's. W's and L's are the difference between going to championship games and getting fired.

You would not be happy if you loss every game but won the statistical battle. You would be happy if you won every game but loss the stats battle.

Truth be told, the mark of a good team finds a way to win close games and games that they were dominated.

Often fans of the loosing team try to rationalize their loss.

Panther88
October 29th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Look at the stats. SU dominated each one of those games lol.

Team Totals PVAM SU
FIRST DOWNS 15 21
Rushing 6 8
Passing 8 12
Penalty 1 1
NET YARDS RUSHING 106 125
Rushing Attempts 35 30
Average Per Rush 3.0 4.2
Rushing Touchdowns 1 1
Yards Gained Rushing 138 159
Yards Lost Rushing 32 34
NET YARDS PASSING 165 285
Completions-Attempts-Int 13-22-1 25-36-0
Average Per Attempt 7.5 7.9
Average Per Completion 12.7 11.4
Passing Touchdowns 1 1
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 271 410
Total offense plays 57 66
Average Gain Per Play 4.8 6.2
Fumbles: Number-Lost 1-0 2-1
Penalties: Number-Yards 7-66 8-72
PUNTS-YARDS 6-236 6-197
Average Yards Per Punt 39.3 32.8
Net Yards Per Punt 36.2 30.3
Inside 20 3 1
50+ Yards 1 0
Touchbacks 1 0
Fair catch 0 2
KICKOFFS-YARDS 4-235 3-176
Average Yards Per Kickoff 58.8 58.7
Net Yards Per Kickoff 43.0 31.0
Touchbacks 1 0
Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD 2-15-0 2--1-0
Average Per Return 7.5 -0.5
Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 3-83-0 3-43-0
Average Per Return 27.7 14.3
Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 1-15-0
Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 0-0-0
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Possession Time 30:49 29:11
1st Quarter 7:46 7:14
2nd Quarter 7:17 7:43
3rd Quarter 7:03 7:57
4th Quarter 8:43 6:17
Third-Down Conversions 6 of 13 4 of 13
Fourth-Down Conversions 0 of 0 2 of 2
Red-Zone Scores-Chances 2-3 1-2
Sacks By: Number-Yards 0-0 3-13
PAT Kicks 1-2 2-2
Field Goals

Great stats! Got "W?" xlolx

Panther88
October 29th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I would be excited if I were you to. I mean it feels good to finally beat a team that has crushed you for years and years and years. Good job panther.xsmiley_wix

Your squad crushed a club team. When we started spending $$$ towards scholarships, the playing field leveled almost immediately, now didn't it? Also, the APR deal that is kicking some folx in the behind leveled it greatly! xbowx

The only thing that really excites me, currently, is that we're slated to return 19 of 22 starters BACK next fall. Also, we may be pushing dirt next fall for our new on-campus deal. Do you know what that means?

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

813Jag
October 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM
honestly to me Southern just got beat, stats or not, every play PV had at least 5 people around the ball.

813Jag
October 29th, 2009, 11:19 AM
SU JAG TILL....

Bottom line, this is not fantasy football where its all about stats. Its about W's and L's. W's and L's are the difference between going to championship games and getting fired.

You would not be happy if you loss every game but won the statistical battle. You would be happy if you won every game but loss the stats battle.

Truth be told, the mark of a good team finds a way to win close games and games that they were dominated.

Often fans of the loosing team try to rationalize their loss.
I don't, I couldn't find much to be happy about. I don't feel like this is a championship caliber Southern team. It's similar to the 8-3 team from 07. Good but not good enough.

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 29th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Does Pete's contract run out this year?

We know Cador's new contract upset people, especially since he was not at the end of the day getting the UNO job - despite things he said to the SU faithful. What you say could come back to hurt you, probably explains why SU is no longer on the UNO schedule in '11 - though RPI may have something to do with it too.

Anyhow - SU has to walk a delicate line when it comes to how much $$$ they are willing to pay to a new coach and how much of a 'bidding war' they could get in.

Who Cadors contract upset. Not any Jags. All Jags were happy about his raise, he deserved it. And you know why UNO took us off their schedule. The but kickings SU has been given them in Baseball. xlolx

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Who Cadors contract upset. Not any Jags. All Jags were happy about his raise, he deserved it. And you know why UNO took us off their schedule. The but kickings SU has been given them in Baseball. xlolx

There were people that questioned it when it happened. You know this, I know this. Some academics! That's how they are...

Butt kickings for one year? Whoop-de-doo! The program was down and SU took advantage during a particularly decent year for the Jags.

The school has upgraded the schedule in 2011 with Southeastern La - another team that tends to lay wood to Southern and has an even higher RPI. At the end of the day, Cador's inaccurate information pertaining to the school did it for him, but for the school - it's a win, win!